Mariposa (Zodiac) at Neiman Marcus - White Plains
2 East Maple Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mariposa (Zodiac) at Neiman Marcus - White Plains
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=14/WC
- Phone: (914) 989-4921
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday -Saturday : 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For 1 or 100, our dining room is the perfect location for evening events...our manager will help create the menu that is perfect for your guests. Trays, box lunches for pick up, delivery or service. Full 5 course meals for an elegant dinner. We have a semi-private dining room available for Bridal or Baby Shower Luncheons. Tell us what you desire and we will make it happen.
- Entertainment: Tell us what you desire and we will assist.
A word from Mariposa (Zodiac) at Neiman Marcus - White Plains
Take lunching to the next level at Mariposa, our elegant bar and restaurant at Neiman Marcus Westchester. Retreat to a fine-dining atmosphere with an innovative menu selection. Taste one of our exquisite seasonal entrée selections or experience the famous Mandarin Orange Soufflé. Expect unique, delectable dishes with exceptional service that continues to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mariposa (Zodiac) at Neiman Marcus - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Okay but too noisyMaraVIPDined on 11/11/2014Food was good but place gets too noisy at lunchtime. We were 4 friends and could barely hear each other. If in mall, prefer the Cafe at Nordstrom.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/10/2014The food is consistently fresh, well prepared and delicious. In addition, the menu has healthy choices. The service is excellent and the staff know the menu well and can advise on selections. They go out of their way to accommodate customer wishes. One of my favorite places to go for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekcrunch914Dined on 11/7/2014My friend and I had a very nice lunch with our two small children. The staff was very accommodating to us. Luckily it was very loud so we didn't have to worry if our kids were loud (which they weren't :-) )Special Features:
- SergerinoDined on 11/7/2014The café at NM has always been a special gathering for my family for a few reasons. It is conveniently located for all of us who live in Westchester and Rockland, the food is delicious, the ambiance is really special and we can go shopping afterwards!Special Features:
- Mariposa at Nieman Marcusreggie845Dined on 11/5/2014Mariposa was a nice place to have lunch especially during Restaurant Week. The food was excellent and our server, Eduardo, was very pleasant and helpful. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service. Very noisy.KiraDined on 10/23/2014The food at Mariposa was good. Other than that, this experience was not at all pleasant. Both times I have been to this restaurant the hostess was not able to seat us, despite a reservation, for at least 5-7 minutes. She is not efficient, though very pleasant, once she finally does come over. The service was awful. It is polite, but again, inefficient. After my friend had soup, we sat for 40 minutes, at which time we called over our waiter. I asked if our lunch would be coming out soon. The waiter checked with the kitchen and said it would be out shortly. When the food finally came, it was very good. The place gets very crowded and noisy. I would not go back despite the good food. They did offer to treat us to dessert, which was very kind.
- Great Lunch spot.JanredVIPDined on 10/13/2014If you are going to The Westchester Mall, the Mariposa at Neiman Marcus is a great place of lunch. It is a beautiful setting and the food is vey good. The service is always good and the menu is varied enough for any taste. The menu also lists calories, etc. for every item, which is wonderful. I would recommend the Mariposa for a lunch . . . you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies lunchFoodieDined on 10/3/2014A great place to spend sometime durning a shopping trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tea an coffeewalt1925Dined on 9/30/2014the salad for lunch was delicious however 5.00 for a cup of tea is outrageous We enjoyed the lunch very muchSpecial Features:
- Very good and great service!pufferbDined on 9/16/2014Had lunch with three old friends and had delicious meal. Popovers warm out of the oven with strawberry butter, great soups, and great salads. Then had the warm Neiman Marcus recipe chocolate chip cookie, complete with recipe and gift box. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- At the Westchester, can't do betterdocky2VIPDined on 9/2/2014This is a nice restaurant with good food and friendly service. The restaurant was completely redone recently. I personally liked the homey atmosphere and the separate rooms better but then I am not of the "cool" generation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mall Gemjeffrobin63Dined on 8/22/2014In a mall that is devoid of good food choices, this department store gem is worth the trip to the mall! Excellent food choices and short but solid wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Mariposa (Zodiac) at Neiman Marcus - White Plains reviews archive.
- Mariposa is great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Love Mariposa!! They have a great menu with lots of healthy options. The service was great and the newly renovated dining is very pretty! Great place for brunch/lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food yes, decor noMaraVIPDined on 7/7/2014I don't understand why they redid the restaurant. I always thought it was pleasant enough. When I walked in I thought it looked like it had to be redone. The place is very blah with grey walls that are bare and stark. Not very attractive. The saving grace is the food. I had the salmon salad. Everything on the salad was fresh and delicious. I would go back for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Ado About NothingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/30/2014Renamed and remodeled with snazzy bar at front. Behind the bar, it's business as usual. Same menu, same mediocre food and same sterile atmosphere.
- A New Experiencedocky2VIPDined on 6/27/2014This is the first time I have been back since the renovation was completed. Looks totally different and not nearly so friendly. I prefered the old decor but the food is just as good as it was and the service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So NewOllieDined on 6/19/2014The newly named and renovated restaurant at Neimans is quite nice, but the food is pretty much the same. I had the salmon salad and it was ok, nothing special. Though the service and the ambience were both very good.Special Features:
- Comtemporary classicSnowQueen5Dined on 6/17/2014Newly renovated in tones of cream and taupe with wood accents. Very elegant. I like the decorative bar at the entrance which works surprisingly. Tables for two a perhaps a bit too long but chairs and banquettes were very comfortable. Service was attentive - a waiter noticed that I had dropped my parking receipt under my chair. Our server was warm and efficient. Corn chowder was good but a bit too creamy. It was generously full of crabmeat with some chives on top. My salad was fresh with a good dressing that was not too much. Overall, very nice, and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Not as good as it wasdisappointedDined on 6/5/2014Restaurant has been renamed and renovated. It is extremely noisy. Menu has added items all at higher price points and removed many at lower price points. My friend and I were put at a "quiet" table and were screaming to hear each other.Special Features:
- Unlimited PopoversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014The new Neiman Marcus restaurant that opened only a few weeks ago is a great lunch destination. The menu is the same including the just baked popovers and cup of chicken broth, both gratis, and the service is very attentive. My suggestion is that you stick with sandwiches, salads and hamburgers and avoid the scallops, steak etc.Special Features:
- An unexpected surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2014I didn't expect to have such a great meal at a department store restaurant, but Mariposa stands on it's own. The special sea scallop and risotto dish was superb! Kuddos Neiman Marcus.Special Features:
- Great food and very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2013Great food and very friendly service. I will definitely return to dine at the Zodiac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a special birthdayNannyDined on 10/11/2013Celebrating a special birthday at Zodiac was a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch while shoppingLala1dinesVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great for lunch while shopping at NM! Chicken wrap on special was very nice.Special Features:
- Very convinient place forLala1dinesVIPDined on 9/12/2013Very convinient place for lunch while shopping at the Mall! Quick service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasuredocky2VIPDined on 8/20/2013This is a solid stand by for lunch at the Westchester Mall. Great popovers, a nice taste of chicken broth for starters. The salads are very good and the staff very nice. It is a favorite place.Special Features:
- Great food if you're at the mallFoodie73Dined on 5/17/2013Perfect spot for 4 of my friends and I before we hit Arden! Very convenient if you're at the mall. Great foodSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spot and for parties!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013We had my friend's 40th birthday luncheon here. We were a group of 12 ladies and everything was fabulous. My friends come there all the time for lunch, but this was my first time. The popovers are to die for and my crab salad was very fresh and delicious. I'll definitely be back for more.Special Features:
- We sat at the table for overjessicaleigh312Dined on 2/16/2013We sat at the table for over a half hour before we had to call someone to at least get our drink orders. After that the service was smooth and the food was great.Special Features:
- Average mall restaurantNakiVIPDined on 2/15/2013The pop overs were delicious but our meal was average and the service was exceedingly slow.
- There's a restaurant at Neimans?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012I was pleasantly surprised to find a full service restaurant to meet a friend for lunch at the Westchester mall. We enjoyed our meal from the start when we were welcomed by our friendly server with a demitasse cup of hot chicken broth. It was a rainy & cold day, so this really helped to take the chill away. I was also surprised at the great wines by the glass that they offer. The popovers with strawberry butter that they serve to every guest are to die for and the food & service were exceptional. I work in White Plains and this would be a great place for business meetings too. So happy to have discovered this hidden gem.Special Features: