Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Bellevue
11111 NE 8th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/store.jhtml?storeId=106/BL&rest=5200001&_requestid=27711
- Phone: (425) 452-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Hatchie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Breakfast with Santa December 3 and 10, 9am - Join us for a special Christmas tradition, Breakfast with Santa. Entertainment and a complimentary photo with Santa is included. Reservations are required by December 1; for pricing information, call 425.452.3333.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Bellevue
Upscale contemporary cuisine featuring Neiman Marcus Classics with the traditional NM favorites: popovers with strawberry butter, chicken broth, orange soufflé and chicken salad. Bar menu features appetizers to share and early evening fare. Full wine and liquor bar with emphasis on Washington selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (4)romantic (1)Show More
- Always greatBarbVIPDined on 11/15/2014Service, food, atmosphere.. Relaxing and elegant all at the same time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchlaughinggravyDined on 11/1/2014Everything was delicious, love the little tiny cup of chicken broth and little tiny roll they bring you when you first sit down. Then a popover with strawberry butter. The chicken broth was so flavorful I had a bowl of it for my lunch with a garden salad. My mom had the crab chowder and a salad with she raved about. My friend had the Flatiron steak which was cooked like a roast which was fork tender and served with mashed potatoes and gravy. Perfect food for a fall day. Now for dessert, we ordered an apple crisp and a piece of chocolate cake, very, very disappointed in both. Apple crisp was mediocre and the chocolate cake tasted like they forgot to add the sugar. So a big YES for lunch, a big NO for dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little more flavor please...WendyDined on 10/24/2014My coworker and I had the Chicken with Israeli Couscous. There was hardly any flavor in the dish - and I was wishing that there would have been more tomato sauce in it because that was the only thing with flavor. The popover was unusually dry (we eat there periodically) and I never had one as dry as the one we had. The day we ate they had the chef there who introduced himself and wanted us to try his little popover (which I hate to say was rather salty and not very good). Other than that, the server, Hugo, always tries to please and makes us feel special. We didn't mention that it was not that great because the appetizer soup is awesome and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Wonderful afternoon lunch w/ friends...outstanding service and the reason I drive a long distance to enjoy. This place has the right combination of terrific food, attentive service and all the little details of distinction that combine to create a memorable visit.Special Features:
- great, quality food and servicePNWTravelerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Salads and main courses were excellent, expertly prepared and paired with a selection of regional wines. Service was impeccable and not intrusive: Always there when needed. This is a real jewel at The Bravern, and a wonderful place to stop for a cocktail our better for a delightful lunch. Great atmosphere and appreciated the ability to have a conversation that wasn't drowned out by ambient noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very enjoyableFawnDined on 8/27/2014My friend & I enjoyed it very much. The food & service were outstanding, very friendly & beautiful. I would recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:
- excellent servicesharkieDined on 8/4/2014I have a serious food allergy. The waiters always know what's in a dish, and if they don't they ask the chef, who can tell them the ingredients. I appreciate that.Special Features:
- An excellent lunchfrenchyDined on 8/2/2014A friend and I visited Mariposa last Saturday in celebration of my birthday and it was a great experience. We hadn't seen each other for a while, so the relaxing atmosphere was perfect for an extended "catch-up" session. The waitstaff were extremely friendly and allowed us to visit without feeling hurried, yet without feeling ignored. Oh-and the cake they served was delicious (as were our entrees and the Bellini Brunch cocktail)!Special Features:
- Relaxing lunch spotMicheleVIPDined on 7/31/2014Celebrated my mom's birthday with a lovely, relaxing lunch. Nice atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious food. When they discovered it was my mom's birthday, they took our shared dessert off the bill. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 208 reviews are from the Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Bellevue reviews archive.
- Neiman Marcus diningBabsVIPDined on 7/24/2014Another lovely lunch with two friends in a circular corner booth at Neiman Marcus in Bellevue. Food, although pricey, was very good. The popovers - which I was looking forward to having - were not hot in the middle, so the butter did not melt. I was disappointed in that. My salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet little lunch spotJenJenVIPDined on 6/26/2014I've been here twice for lunch, and had a good experience both times. The service was friendly. There was just enough noise from people chattering to bring a lively vibe to the restaurant. I enjoyed the meal as well as the house-made popovers and sample soup. I had cake both times; the first time the cake slice was ginormous. I split a cake slice this time, and it was just enough, although it did seem like the cake slice was not as big this time around.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceWendyDined on 6/5/2014Best steak salad I ever had and it was good for you as well. Hugo is an attentive and friendly server who aims to make your experience a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotSeattleDinerDined on 6/4/2014Great food, good price, terrific service, quiet "up-scale shopping" atmosphere. My new go-to place when at the Bravern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One out of manyislandjimDined on 5/28/2014We always enjoy dining at Mariposa. This experience was, however, disappointing. The food was very good, the service bordered on non-existent. We had to go to the bar and ask for our drinks to be delivered. We saw them sitting, waiting to be picked-up for 10 minutes. Normally, when dining, we are made to feel special; this time we felt invisible. We will definitely go back. We'll just ask for a different server. The tip, was commensurate with out opinion of the service.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBarbVIPDined on 5/15/2014Don't be intimidated... It's a perfect respite in the middle of a busy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quietly sophisticateddelicesdelisseDined on 5/11/2014I rightly assumed that the local Neiman Marcus could be trusted to have a good restaurant for my very discerning mother. I don't live in the area but needed a high-quality place to celebrate Mothers Day. Appealing room, wonderful and professional waitstaff, and delicious food. I will definitely go again and recommend it without reservation to people who want to enjoy well-prepared food in a sophisticated but not overdone room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014This is a great place for lunch after or before shopping at the Bravern. We went during Restaurant Week and this was my first time at Mariposa. Our lunch started with a complimentary chicken broth with a cheese biscuit and popover with strawberry cream cheese . I enjoyed a Caesar salad, salmon and the cookie box for dessert. The food was delicious. Service was very attentive and prompt. The hostess and other servers were friendly and checked in periodically to ensure we were taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacked number of serversGurumeTMDined on 4/16/2014I enjoyed the atmosphere, interrior and food of Mariposa enormously, but it was definitely a luxry spot where you would go for a lazy brunch or relaxing coffee, or to rest during a full day of shopping. During my visits, there was very few servers about, and it was extremely hard to ask about the menu, place an order, and eat the food, and pay and get out especially since we were there for lunch break away from work. We weren't told up front that they were at their minimal number of servers, so we had no expectations as to how slow everything was going to be. This was extremely unfortunate as we did enjoy everything else about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceucmcDined on 4/14/2014I really enjoyed the food. However the waiter perhaps he is new to the service, there were many confusions and he was quite slow. I felt like I was having lunch in France.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureislandjimDined on 4/13/2014Dining at Mariposa is always a pleasure and a delight! The setting is perfect for that "needed" break in the day. The staff is always friendly courteous and attentive, while not being obtrusive. We always have a great meal and a wonderful time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the peach bellini here.JespinasVIPDined on 4/13/2014Love the peach bellini here. It's so light and refreshing. Best ahi tuna I've ever had as well as the lovely strawberry butter (TDF !!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Restaurant Week LunchLuv2dineVIPDined on 4/13/2014Four of us came to lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We had a choice to order off the regular menu, but the Seattle Restaurant Week menu was such a great option that we all ordered from that. But first we were treated to the traditional popover bread with raspberry butter (yum!) and a tiny portion of chicken soup with a tiny herb biscuit. Our appetizer course was very good. Our group had one soup, one ahi, and two caesars. For the entrée three of us ordered the salmon which was excellent, and one had the pulled pork wrap. For dessert we had three apple cobblers and one chocolate cake. All portions were small enough that we were satisfied but not stuffed. Service was excellent, validated parking was free, and we will gladly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchBrandyDined on 4/10/2014Mariposa was a perfect choice to have lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in a long time. Our waitress, as well as wellas the rest of the staff was wonderful. I believe her name was Courtney. She knew the menu well and made great suggestions. They were all very attentive without being obtrusive. The food was very good and also, a nice selection of wines. All in all, a delightful lunch. I will recommend this restaurant to family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Kept SecretsfuninissyDined on 4/9/2014This restaurant is truly a find. The service was great, had a calming atmosphere and delicious food. They served the most incredible chicken broth before the meal and the pop overs were delicious. If you want a great meal with friendly service and an elegant, quiet atmosphere then you should visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good but could have been betterTOPGUNNDined on 4/6/2014Our first and second courses came out promptly and everything was great. Things started to turn south is when more patrons started to arrive. It looked as if there was only two servers working. Things started to become overwhelming to the waitress' who were working. The table next to us received their main entrée prior to receiving their appetizer. Around this time, we were to receive our dessert. My wife ordered the Apple Clobber and when it arrived the ice cream was melted and the cobbler was cold. We tried to get our waitress to correct the issue, but she was so busy when we finally did get her we needed to leave as we had other appointments. As we were leaving kitchen staff running food out to tables.Special Features:
- Perfect Lunch with the LadiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Stopped here prior to a day of shopping, and had a lovely lunch. Service was excellent, food was fresh and delicious and the experience was wonderful. Will be back next time I shop at Neiman Marcus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceSheilaDined on 3/4/2014I know that I can be sure that Mariposa is always a good choice for birthday lunch with friends or celebrating a special occasion. It is always fun to start with the outrageous popovers and hot broth on a cold day. The menu has a wide range of selections to accommodate even the most difficult eater as we did on Tuesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Food with Accomodating StaffnewtobothellDined on 2/6/2014I brought my toddler with me to a lunch with a business associate and had a fabulous experience. The staff was so accommodating and caring with my daughter - they offered her a balloon, asked what silverware should be kept and even offered to have special accommodations made for her to be sure my daughter had a great experience. The beauty of a staff being willing to go the extra mile for my daughter means that I was able to relax and enjoy a fantastic lunch. THANK YOU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brown & Wilted Salad GreensHaynesDined on 12/13/2013The "composed" Crab Louie salad here was a missed opportunity for a stunning dish. Someone clearly took care in the kitchen preparing perfectly seasoned shrimp, crab & hard boiled egg, but unfortunately, the salad was dressed and "composed" the day prior and every salad leaf was wilted and edged an unappetizing brown. Sad that this dish was allowed to leave the kitchen & be served.
- ConsistentMontyDined on 12/1/2013Always consistent. Waitstaff knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Mariposa restruant at Nieman'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Mariposa restruant at Nieman's is a hidden gem... Love the regular menu and the tea time is the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in BellevueWendyDined on 11/21/2013I absolutely love going to lunch with co-workers or my sister at the Mariposa. First of all, you can talk without shouting. The atmosphere is professional, quiet, and perfect. Next, comes their turkey broth that is unbelievably delicious accompanied by a small cheese buttery biscuit that melts in your mouth. The warm popover is placed ever so delicately on your plate served with a strawberry spread. Everything I have had as a main entrée has been over and beyond my expectations. It's nice to see the entrees that can fit nicely in your diet. And, the waitress/waiters are pleasant, eager to please, and make you feel like you are their only guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Kid-FriendlyJenJenVIPDined on 11/21/2013My first time here was with a girl friend and her baby girl. The wait staff was very pleasant and inviting to the baby. I would say this place is kid-friendly to the staff but not so much to the diners. It's a pretty quiet place though the noise level is not silent with quiet whispers. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, but at the same time allowed us to talk privately. The food was good but did not wow me. I will be visiting again to try other items on the menu in order to provide a more accurate review of the food. I experienced nothing that would deter me from coming back and I definitely plan on coming back for a second and hopefully many more future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shop 'n dineMichtoVIPDined on 11/20/2013This is a nice convenient place to have lunch while shopping at Neiman Marcus. Lunch fare is much lighter than other restaurants at the Bravern. I ordered the Chef Special - scallops with creamed parsnips and fresh carrots. The 4 bite-size scallops were incredible but the parsnips and carrots weren't very flavorful. The portions are small so if you have a hearty appetite, I recommend adding a salad or appetizer with your meal. They have a great looking bar with creative and tasty drink specials. The service was good and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2013Great place to meet "girlfriends" for lunch & then a little shopping.... We meet here about once a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013We typically go to Nordstrom's grill and our bill never goes beyond the $60-70 for very good quality food. My first drink came incorrect and when I pointed it out to the bar tender, he recycled the drink right in-front of us. That was so out of place. The waiter was very courteous. the bread was not tasty and the strawberry flavored butter didn't go well with the bread. Our bill was about $115 which is significantly higher for the same LUNCH experience at the Nordstrom's grill. There were only two tables busy which makes the ambiance odd.
- The yorkshire pudding thatRTseVIPDined on 10/29/2013The yorkshire pudding that they give out as as the free bread is terrific. We had a very nice lunch at Mariposa. It's quiet and stylish in here (as appropriate for being in Neiman Marcus) and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2013Perfect setting for business or best friend get together!!!Special Features:
- mmmm....pink3VIPDined on 9/21/2013I have been deferent location the Maripossa but Seattle getting sad service compeir with other. No view,bad service are not fun.Special Features:
- Nice but inconsistentislandjimDined on 8/22/2013This is the second time we've been here. The first time was excellent; this time, not so much. The specials were boring today. The carpaccio salad was disappointing (more salad than carpaccio). We'll still go back, but will check the specials first.Special Features: