Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Coral Gables
390 San Lorenzo Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33146Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therestaurantsofneimanmarcus.com/
- Phone: 7869991018x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:45pm
Live Music Friday's - 5pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At your service. We also offer entrée trays and special catering services for any sort of event in our dining room or yours.
Standard Box Lunch.
Includes a choice of sandwiches, seasonal fruit, market salad, potato chips, NM cookie and a mint.
VIP Box Lunch.
Includes half of an "over-stuffed sandwich" choice of salad, fresh seasonal fruit and berries, potato chips, NM cookie, brownie or lemon square, mint and soft drink.
Let our manager help create the perfect menu for your next event. Contact us at 786.999.1018
- Private Party Facilities: Your Dining Room or Ours.
We have a private dining room that accommodates up to 45 people.
For the Glowing Bride or Mother-to-be.
Pamper her with the perfect luncheon to celebrate the special occasion.
Upgrade your Lunch.
Add a touch of luxury to a business or social luncheon at any one of our restaurants. Whether planning for one or for 20, you will encounter the outstanding service and exceptional quality that are synonymous with Neiman Marcus.
Raise your Glass!
Have cocktails with your crew or host the soirée of the season. We pride ourselves on creating the perfect menu and ambiance for your event in our chic and inviting atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Hyatt 7869991018x
- Entertainment: Join us for live music every Friday night and Sunday afternoon through June.
- Special Events: Join our e-mail list for more information about our special events.
Father's Day BBQ Lunch & Special Cocktails.
Tequila Tastings, Wine Dinners, and more.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Coral Gables
Laid-back luxe. Delight in upscale New American cuisine served in a dramatic setting at Neiman Marcus Coral Gables Mariposa®. From creative sandwiches to regionally inspired entrees, seasonal fresh seafood, and house-made desserts, you'll savor first-class fare all served by our warm and welcoming staff. The full-service bar, encased in glass and marble, offers a wine list with a variety of choices. Whether you dine in our sleek, modern dining room or on our charming, shaded patio, you can expect delectable dishes with exceptional service that continues to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)romantic (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Worth the FlutterEuropeanDined on 7/21/2014Mariposa (Spanish for "butterfly") is within Neiman Marcus but there is no sense of a "store restaurant"; its seclusion from the shop floor is complete. The excellence of the food makes Mariposa one of the best restaurants in metropolitan Miami. The menu has something for everyone. Mariposa is not just for "ladies who lunch": this review, for instance, is written by a male bodybuilder and former amateur boxer. The food is well priced and the quality of the ingredients and freshness of the produce cannot be faulted. I am a frequent visitor to Miami - my wife and I live in Europe - and we never give Mariposa a miss. The staff is friendly without the usual trite rote banter. Very well done!Special Features:
- Service good food no so muchdinesoutalotVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our lunches at Mariposa on Sunday we just OK.. Everything looked a little tired. The lettuce was not as mentioned in the menu and the chicken looked like it was cooked the day before. The server was very nice and efficient.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Coral Gables reviews archive.
- Pepe11Dined on 6/7/2014Very nice place good atmosphere, service was very good and food exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!jrcmiamiDined on 6/7/2014We had a ladies brunch at Mariposa, celebrating my Mom's birthday. It was a lovely restaurant and the food was very good. I was able to make a reservation for lunch, which was nice for a department store restaurant. My only complaint would be that we asked for a booth and the waiter told us that it was reserved. We were the only people in the restaurant, there were several booths available and no one ever came to sit in any of the booths while we were there. Other than that, we had a lovely time!Special Features:
- Spring lunchmiami106Dined on 5/15/2014It was a disappointing visit. I have been having lunch here from the day Mariposa opened, and at Neiman Marcus's other restaurants for years. I have noticed that the quality of the food seems to have become lack luster and yet the prices are getting much higher. The number of food choices have decreased, leaving behind a mediocre selection. Even their daily lunches specials seem bland. In a city like Miami, where there is an abundance of restaurants to choose from, your menu can be limited but the food has to be outstanding. In my last couple of visits to Mariposa, I have not found this to be the case. It will be a long time before I try it again.Special Features:
- Always enjoyed Mariposa.,RosannaVIPDined on 5/14/2014The salmon was very good., my husband and I always have enjoyed very much eating hereSpecial Features:
- CvialettoVIPDined on 4/19/2014Service was tooo slow. But they made up with free dessert and coffee.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Worst FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2014Waited 45 minutes for terrible food. From the flavourless soup to the mayo loaded salad. Complete disappointment.
- Birthday luncheonMoviemomDined on 3/12/2014A gem of avrestaurant inside Neiman Marcus. Food very good and fresh. Service friendly. Only complaint, although staff was very friendly and efficient, the food prep was slow. Not a good idea for people stopping for a quick lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mariposa never disappointsSCB1Dined on 2/11/2014Mariposa is always consistently good and a sure thing. The food is delicious and generously portioned, the service is good, which is so hard to find in Miami. The ambience is always good. It is a great place for lunch, for a conversation! I just love the complimentary popover and broth they give you as you sit down. It's quite comforting. I go to Mariposa when I feel like treating myself or a friend!Special Features:
- Lunch with the girlsdonna4235Dined on 2/2/2014A few times a year my daughters and I have lunch at Mariposa. The lunch prices are very reasonable especially for the quality of food and the portion sizes. The bread is a huge popover served with strawberry butter - they are so good! We split 3 entrees, the filet sandwich, fish tacos and crab cakes. All were tasty and we loved the sauce in the fish tacos. The best part was dessert - we split a slice of key lime pie and it is the best I have had anywhere (and I've had a lot of key lime pie!). I ordered a Bloody Mary and did not like it - no taste and not enough spice. Service was great as always, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!healthygirlDined on 2/1/2014I had the pleasure of having lunch with 3 friends at this beautiful restaurant to celebrate my engagement!! :) will definitely have my bridal shower here!! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badTimbolesterDined on 1/24/2014Three of us went there early on a Friday night (5 PM). The room wasn't very busy, maybe three or four tables. The food was pretty good. I got the sea scallops, and they must have been sitting under the lights for awhile because the carrot garnish was ice cold and the sauce had started to separate. My friends both got chicken dishes and enjoyed them. We shared a cookie box for dessert. The cookies were great but we were disappointed when the waitress told us they were "out of the recipe cards". The waitress was pleasant enough but needed more training. Instead of clearing from the right, for example, she would reach across us and clear dishes from the left. But all in all it was pleasant, and I would return again.Special Features:
- Always NiceClayVIPDined on 1/22/2014Great spot when shopping. Always good service and good food. We love it.Special Features:
- Great for lunchFoodieVIPDined on 1/22/2014This is always a great place for lunch with girl friends!Special Features:
- It is "the place" for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/17/2013It is "the place" for lunch. Always professional without being overbearing; always good food with an ever changing menu. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shoppers delighthappy2dineVIPDined on 11/16/2013Mariposa is delightful, especially if you dine outside in nice weather. The menu is perfect for lunch with healthy options and appealing choices. The service is impeccable. And it is good value for price (better than Nieman Marcus - except on sale days - where it is located). It is a perfect location for shopping expeditions in that lovely mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not as good as usualbarbDined on 8/19/2013Service not as good as usual (it is usually excellent)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Mariposa never fails me. The service was excellent. The staff was so friendly. The food was good. The cookie box was delicious and the ambience was fabulous! Have nothing bad to say about my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!GirlsLunchOutDined on 8/3/2013My three girlfriends and I went to Mariposa for lunch and LOVED it! We sat at a rounded booth in the corner that was cozy and perfect for catching up. We ordered champagne and the waiter also brought us orange and peach juices to add, which we loved! The appetizers were perfect for sharing and absolutely amazing, especially the plantain chips with a variety of dips, the tuna tartar and the calamari. The crab salad I had as my main course had an incredible amount of crab and was so light that I it filled me up without being too heavy. This is the perfect spot for lunch and for dinner and the outside patio has a gorgeous view of the Merrick Mall with a lovely breeze traveling through. FIVE stars all around to one of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2013Bright restaurant, with great lunch and great service. Outdoor seating and kid friendly! Great lunch while shopping at Merrick Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Elegance and Service at MariposJoanDined on 6/5/2013Our party of four was held up in traffic and a bit late to our birthday celebration lunch. Richard and Elmo, the maitre d's held our table and greeted us with a warm welcome. Parked snuggly in our own little booth we spent hours in conversation. This is an unbelievable happening for four very busy women who typically have an agenda with a time limit. No one glanced at their watches. We enjoyed the freshly prepared salads and the cheese cake dessert with lit candles accompanied by staff in singing happy birthday to our birthday women. It was truly an afternoon fit for royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was excellentMaaptoDined on 5/25/2013The dinner was excellent. The food was very good quality and presentation. The service was also good but I was expecting a better one. This is a very romantic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was eenjoyable as always-oneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2013It was eenjoyable as always-one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have enjoyed many lunchesanimamundi9Dined on 4/8/2013I have enjoyed many lunches at Mariposa. The food is always good. This time the service was so bad we almost got up and left.Special Features:
- We chose Mariposa becauseTablehopperVIPDined on 4/4/2013We chose Mariposa because it is dependably good. We were disappointed with our experience this time. It seemed that there was only one waiter for the whole dining room, which made service erratic. The popovers had very obviously been warmed up from lunch: they were tough and dry. The consommé was lukewarm. The entrees partially made up for the inauspicious beginning to the meal: the salmon entrée was nicely prepared and pleasing to the eye and palate. The other entrée, a special that day, my companion judged to be "pretty good." We each had a nice chardonnay from the short but adequate wine list. I will return to Mariposa for lunch, but would not recommend the restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- It's always very busy. TheAndiMVIPDined on 2/23/2013It's always very busy. The food used to be better...Special Features:
- Requested and obtained outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2013Requested and obtained outdoor patio seating on a beautiful So Fla day. Great place for light lunch with a friend :)Special Features:
- Our waiter was great and weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013Our waiter was great and we enjoyed all our beverages and food. Great place to meet with friends and have a great lunch.Special Features:
- Good lunch, salmon was perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012Good lunch, salmon was perfectly cooked, however the couscous needed some salt, spice, was a little flat. Tenderloin was great as was the Tuna tartara.Special Features:
- Mariposa is one of my favoriteDopoDined on 9/2/2012Mariposa is one of my favorite restaurants. It is worth going over and over if only for the complimentary clear consomme and the brioche. The menu is short but adequate and the good quality of the food and service is consistent. Dining in the terrace in winter time can be very pleasant.Special Features:
- Myself and two girlfriendsLOVE2EATFRENCHFOODDined on 9/1/2012Myself and two girlfriends went for lunch. Two of us had the lobster salad which was excellent and the other The food was delicious. Like the addition of the menu listing the specialties. The maitre'd is always delightful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for a great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012Mariposa is always the best, nice menu, with few great items. Wine list is outstanding and the service is always the best.Special Features:
- Great for a place to meetfran330VIPDined on 6/10/2012Great for a place to meet your girlfriends for lunch!
- I scheduled the reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012I scheduled the reservations for a group of women(for Mothers Day) who were mothers and grandmothers,five of the eight whom had never experienced a place like Mariposa. I wanted a place where I could reserve and not have to stand in long lines and no buffets. also on the site I was able to reserve a limo, which was an extra treat for the ladies. There was not wait time, the service was excellent, the food presentation was great also ample portions and tasted very good. The live music was another plus.Special Features:
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012The food and the service was great! We had a small child in our party who is a picky eater and they went out of their way to make something she would like.Special Features:
- Service was bad and managerGGCSDined on 5/6/2012Service was bad and manager out of touch with clientele. Did not even come to the table to ask how everything was. I ordered white rice for my 4 year old son and they bring me risotto with tomato souce. Bad!
- Food, service and generalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012Food, service and general ambiance were all great. The food (and presentation) are exquisite and the casual atmosphere is a pleasure.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/20/2012Great spot for lunch with excellent menu choices and nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Its been very good since theyInthefieldDined on 2/8/2012Its been very good since they open for the first timwSpecial Features: