Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - San Antonio
15900 La Cantera Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=37/SA
- Phone: 2106943550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 7:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Ramos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For 2 or 200, our dining room or yours...our manager will help create the menu that is perfect for your guests. Trays, box lunches for pick up, delivery or service. Full 5 course meals for an elegant dinner. Tell us what you desire and Mariposa® will make it happen. We look forward to serving you.
- Cross Street: I-10 and La Cantera Parkway
- Public Transit: Via Transit (City Bus Shuttle), pick up and drop off both adjacent to Neiman Marcus. Parking lots from La Cantera Parkway and Frontage Road of Anderson Loop Highway (HWY 1604)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking ($5.00) at the main entrance to Neiman Marcus. Complimentary self parking in the public lot adjacent to all of our entries.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - San Antonio
Laid-back luxe. Delight in upscale contemporary cuisine served in a refined atmosphere at Neiman Marcus San Antonio Mariposa®. From creative sandwiches to regionally-inspired entrées, seasonal fresh seafood, and house-made desserts, you"ll savor first-class fare all served by our warm and welcoming staff. Expect delectable dishes with exceptional service that continues to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus. Let Mariposa® host your next Baby or Bridal Shower. We have the perfect menu and atmosphere for you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)great for brunch (7)scenic view (7)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Nice Ladies Lunch PlaceSanAntoniogalDined on 10/6/2014The ambiance and view were beautiful. It is definitely a ladies lunch place. There were no men dining there. Very nice attention to detail. The food is really great--very unique. There were so many things on the menu I wanted to try. The popovers are awesome!Special Features:
- LuncheonistawinedivvaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Was in town for the weekend and met a friend for lunch which couldn't have been more delicious! Well done Mariposa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchesVIPDined on 9/21/2014I always enjoy the shrimp salad. The rolls are wonderful!
- Nice Quiet Lunch TreatFoodieluvDined on 9/20/2014I have been eating here for years and love the seasonal menu changes as well as old favorites. The service and ambiance is top notch. Be sure to save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant! Service was very quick and prompt. Food was excellent! Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small cozy eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Very good food here, modest portions for the Culinaria special. I was on the shaded patio, quiet setting. Staff was very good, wait time short. What's not to like about this high society retailer?Special Features:
- Experience at Mariposa for Lunch...LunchesVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great start before a day of shopping at la cantera. Service was wonderful. Bread and butter to start was great, as the bread was still warm. Very attentive waitstaff. A little noisy, and some crying babies, but that was expected considering the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemveggieDined on 7/2/2014Mariposa is a wonderfully hidden gem with delicious food. There is something for everyone. We had 7 ladies in our group with very specific food preferences and everyone not only found something to eat but thoroughly enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - San Antonio reviews archive.
- An Elegant LunchMCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 5/2/2014What a beautiful spot for an elegant lunch. First and foremost, I must mention the Bloody Mary, my cocktail of choice. I've had them all over the country, in hole-in-the-wall dives and celebrity chef hotspots, and this one - made with cucumber vodka and "house made mix" is, hands down, the best Bloody Mary I've ever had. I would kill for the recipe of that house made mix! The other ladies ordered different cocktails, and all said they were excellent. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the entrees we ordered, and we have added the Mariposa lunch to our list of things to do on our annual spa trips to San Antonio.Special Features:
- Dinning at MARIPOSAMunecaDined on 3/30/2014Always a GREAT EXPERIENCE..!! I just found out MARIPOSA. Is now available for reservation in OpenTable Great..!! Food Drinks and Presentation. EXCELLENT ..!! Will recomend it anytime Will return SOON..!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Tasty Tortilla Soup, the Lobster Ravioli was amazing, try to save room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laid back+ fancyFantabulousRaiDined on 2/22/2014I find the restaurant's atmosphere laid back and fancy at the same timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The staff was friendly and very professional. It's nice to get dressed up for date night and this was the perfect place for that. Overall, the food was delicious! I had the halibut, though slightly overcooked, it was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a nice prix fixe menu on valentines day. We weren't expecting a set menu or at least weren't told. So we originally looked up the menu online and had an idea of what we were going to eat. When we showed up we were notified that we couldn't order off the main menu. Since we are foodies and I am a chef I did not mind. But would appreciate it next time if I was told in advance . My wife setup a surprise for me and could not do it because the meal ended with a dessert. She originally wanted to skip dessert, she had already bought my favorite dessert earlier that day to eat somewhere under the stars and couldn't since meal came with one. The food was excellent . Everything paired very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine ValueLoves2EatoutDined on 2/14/2014We waited too long to make our Valentine reservation, so were pleased to find a nice choice for us at such a late date. We had never been there before. The chef chose a lovely meal for a Prix Fixe dinner and we had a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renew friendshipsMargaretDined on 2/8/2014Take time to renew old friendships. We did. Great spot. Continued excellent reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute LunchAprilTVIPDined on 12/31/2013A colleague and I decided on Mariposa for lunch - what a great idea! Service was very good, food was great! Friend had grilled steak and cheese sandwich - constantly raving about it between bites. I had tuscan chicken sandwich which was very tasty and included a fresh salad and fruit. Cocktails were awesome as well - overall a really good lunch visit. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know our waiter forgot about us!cackieVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food is wonderful!!!great retreat from shopping! Healthy choices. Had to get our waiter's attention over and over. Other than being ignored for another table, we had a nice meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013I had the vegetable wrap and it was tasty as usual. I have really never had a bad meal here. I would have rated the experience higher except for my encounter with the hostess who did not look up from what she was doing to acknowledge me as a human being. She did give me a great table, so go figure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon DelightBeautyTripDined on 11/25/2013The Bistro salad with grilled shrimp is a very tasty and healthy lunchtime treat. I made a great meal choice.Special Features:
- Thursday LunchIs4718Dined on 10/17/2013We went out as a group to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. We had a couple of other people join us at the last minute and I was worried about our seating arrangements. The manager and our server were very professional. They added a table and place settings within minutes. Our server was very attentive (I regret that I did not get his name). The food was delicious, as always. It is always a treat to visit Mariposa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableCriticDined on 10/11/2013We ordered a Spanish style dish with savory rice, mixed in with shrimp, clams, chicken, sausage,red bell peppers etc. Quite delicious. Then we ordered the chicken salad club sandwich with some type of hard/stale bread that drowned the delicious flavor of the chicken salad. They should compliment the chicken salad with croissant bread. Overall it was delicious. It is over rated and over priced for what it is. I've been all over the U.S. to different restaurants can tell you it's ok. In comparison to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mariposa was a lovely place.HillCoGalDined on 6/10/2013Our group of five thoroughly enjoyed our birthday luncheon in a friend's honor. We loved what we ordered................. the Trio Salads and the Asian Chicken Salad. Both were delicious! The service was great and the cafe wasn't too noisy, which is a welcome plus these days. We look forward to going back soon and trying other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.