Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Newport Beach
601 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=11/FI
- Phone: (949) 467-3350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Javier Montoya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Newport Beach
Mariposa is a fine dining lunch restaurant. We are open 7 days a week and feature a fresh contemporary American Cuisine. We have a beautiful dining room as well as an outdoor patio. A bar counter is also available for dining, which allows our customers to dine and view the passers by as they shop. We have full bar service and are known for our cocktails. Our specialty are the famous popovers with strawberry butter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (44)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Food & ServiceAmazingVIPDined on 11/22/2014We came here to celebrate a friend's birthday. All the food we ordered were great! The service was even better! We couldn't have asked for a better celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Neiman MarcusbradVIPDined on 11/21/2014My new favorite lunch spot in NB. Found it by accident on Opentable just trying to get a late lunch somewhere near Fashion Island. Great service, food, wine and cocktails. The popovers with strawberry butter and consomme starters are worth the trip. For an appetizer we shared the the truffled Parmesan Tater Tots. I had the duck confit salad and a glass of Pinot. She had a great looking curry chicken waldorf. We will be returning soon to try out some of the other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee-lishGirlVetteRacerDined on 11/4/2014Five of us went to Mariposa for a colleague's birthday. The food, staff and atmosphere was wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exccellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014as always so very good and service excellent..lovely setting and relaxing never feel pressure to eat and run. the food is always so very good and great menu of items. something for everyone!!! kudos to neiman's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE PERFECT LADIES LUNCHsue5275Dined on 10/15/2014My friend and I could not have been more pleased. We both remember Bullock's Tea Room and what a pleasure it was. Mariposa is even better! We loved the popovers with strawberry butter as well as the consomme; what an elegant beginning. We saw a plate of the mandarin orange souffle and chicken salad being whisked by to another table and knew that was what we had to order. When it was placed in front of us, it looked like something from a magazine cover. Each component was not the best in its category, but each was nevertheless delicious and complimentary to the others. Service was impeccable. Entire dining room staff were a notch above other highly rated Newport Beach restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday LunchshoppersDined on 10/14/2014Enjoyed a wonderful lunch, as usual, to celebrate. Always great salads and cocktails!Special Features:
- Excellent overall dining experienceLinDenDined on 10/14/2014I picked Mariposa at Neiman Marcus to celebrate the birthday of my best gal friend. We had a wonderful dining experience, time to gab in a lovely environment, food was very good, and the service was perfect. Mariposa felt like a hidden gem. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineSunshineDined on 10/10/2014Party of 3-b'day celebration. From the time we arrived to our departure, we had a great time! The greeter/hostess and all the servers have worked there for years and are EXPERT in making each guest feel welcomed and special. Two of three requested an adaption of a menu salad to suit our tastes. The server did not bat an eye, and the chef delivered exactly as requested despite a large b'day party of 12+ there at same time. The menu has changed, yet old favorites for us who have been dining there for years still remain--hot popover with strawberry butter, homemade chicken broth, and the chicken salad and mandarin soufflé. Spent rest of afternoon shopping NM--enjoying decorated Christmas trees and the beautifully created table tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timefussyfoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Although I am a Neiman Marcus shopper, I had never been to Mariposa before. I'm usually in too much of a hurry. The restaurant is a great place to go for a relaxing lunch. I like that the menu has nutrition values on it, which was very helpful in selecting what to order. I got the shrimp salad and as soon as it arrived, I knew it would be good by the smell of the shrimp. I was not disappointed. The popover was great and they gladly accommodated my wish for a different dressing on the salad. Service was excellent too. It's a bit pricey, but as a splurge, it was fine.Special Features:
- BizDinerDined on 9/12/2014Who would have thought a great business lunch restaurant would be in a Neiman Marcus?! A good spot to have a productive business lunch since it was fairly quiet so we can talk. Their popovers were great! I would recommend this one and plan to go again soon.Special Features:
- The best!SeafoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014My favorite place to eat. I wish it was open for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaygirlDined on 9/5/2014I expected more of an upscale feel to the restaurant. I was very surprised at the elevated noise level. The staff was super friendly and they always had a smile on their faces. The food was good but nothing special. It was overpriced. It's too bad The Ritz Restaurant has closed. They had food at a higher level, an ambiance that had buzz but you could talk and hear each other. The dishes were more reasonably priced. I don't see any reason to go back to Mariposa. NOTE: The chocolate lava cake dessert was out of this world. I change my mind, I will go back for that!!Special Features:
- Always a favorite!KarinDined on 9/5/2014Mariposa is our favorite restaurant and we always look forward to the wonderful popovers. The service is excellent and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Upscale convenient shopping breaktiffcfengDined on 9/1/2014Located in Neiman Marcus on one of the upper floors, Mariposa really is an extremely convenient lunch spot for those looking to take a break from shopping. There is a nice outdoor patio as well as plenty of indoor seating. Good quality food with an interesting variety of influences. Recommend the shrimp and vegetable spring rolls to start with for an appetizer.Special Features:
- My New Favorite RestaurantVDACEODined on 8/23/2014Mariposa has quickly become my favorite Orange County restaurant. The service is impeccable - highly professional and not the least bit pretentious. The food is consistently excellent - fresh, unique, and delicious. The atmosphere is bright and polished and includes a beautiful view. And the popovers: YUM! I absolutely love this place.Special Features:
- Love MariposaABriefDined on 8/22/2014Best restaurant in Newport Beach!!! I love lunching here!!
- Lovely servicesamanthaDined on 8/17/2014Very attentive and sincere staff made for a lovely dining experience. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always a Treat!Theater2014Dined on 8/17/2014Service is always great and the food selections are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ses123VIPDined on 8/12/2014The food needs to be upgraded for the prices they are charging. Sadly the quality has declined over the last couple of years. It used to be very good. Hopefully they will find a way to bring the standards back up.
- Great, but expensive lunchsopratenorDined on 8/8/2014The food at Mariposa was excellent. However, it was also pricey. We did have a drink each, there were two of us, and we had two entrees and one dessert. We shared tuna shishimi and a salad. It was nice that they split the salad in the kitchen. As always, they start with a small cup of consumee, which is excellent. They also serve hugh popovers with all their meals, they come out hot and with strawberry butter, delicious! Our server was great, very attentive and helpful. We went there as a special treat, not some place I would eat all the time.Special Features:
- GlennDined on 8/7/2014We were celebrating the birthdays of two friends, it was THEIR first time there - they thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and said they both would be bringing their friends to the Mariposa. The wait staff was very attentive, even brought a birthday cake for the two honorees. Have enjoyed Mariposa for years, will continue.Special Features:
- Shop and lunchMuigirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great fancy lunch when shopping at Neimans! The popovers with strawberry butter is a treat with lunch. Great service every time! Enjoy!Special Features:
- The following 109 reviews are from the Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Newport Beach reviews archive.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great food. Love their popovers. Service was great.Special Features:
- Yum!VersaceVIPDined on 7/22/2014We have always enjoy the chicken broth, its the BEST in town! Then there is the Pop Overs with the strawberry butter, yum yum! Love the Chinese Chicken Salad too! Even ordered the jello for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VersaceVIPDined on 7/19/2014Love the new Chef! Great new items n specials of the day. Also love the pop overs n the strawberry jam. Damnmn ice tea is yummy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChardonnayChardonnayVIPDined on 7/17/2014I eat here often because I shop at Neiman's. It's fun, I see friends, service is wonderful. The food is average - truly am tired of the salty chicken stock served before the entree. The noise level is very high because there's no sound buffers - just cement walls that sound bounces off of. They really need to do something about that.Special Features:
- VersaceVIPDined on 7/16/2014With the new Chef, the food definitely is much better now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MILAGROSDined on 7/4/2014THE POP-OVERS HERE ARE THE BEST AND THEY DON'T SKIMP ON THEM, INCLUDING THE BUTTER. I BROUGHT MY MOM HERE BECAUSE I KNEW SHE WOULD LOVE IT AND SHE DID. MY MOM IS VERY PICKY WITH RESTAURANTS AND FOOD AND SHE SAID THE MARIPOSA IS VERY CLASSY. SHE LOVED THE POMEGRANATE LEMONADE AND I LOVED MY STEAK. I LOVE THE WAY THE STAFF MAKES YOU FEEL WELCOME. I WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchBabyblueDined on 7/4/2014My family and friends of five had a wonderful lunch at Mariposa. I have only been to the one in Hawaii and didn't know what to expect from this one. Since I made my reservation online the night before, I was slightly worried whether everything would work out. We had a wonderful staff escorting us to a table. Such a clean, bright, and quite place. The ordering process were delightful and the staff with smiles all the time. Our meals arrived and I had the turkey wrap. Best best wrap ever!! However I could only eat half of the portion because I had already had two servings of the special bread (sorry don't know the name) and was half full, which I don't regret. I packed up the rest of the dish and had it for dinner. Just as good as it was.Special Features:
- great popoversluv2eatVIPDined on 7/3/2014Of course the popovers are terrific but the food was not. There were 4 of us and only one liked the lunch she ordered. The lobster Louie salad was a special on the menu and was quite ordinary. Very disappointing that the food wasn't better.
- MariposaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014We had a wonderful table reserved. The service was top notch and the food was really good. We eat at Mariposa often and always enjoy Neimans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime pamperingg8foodDined on 6/25/2014I always feel pampered when I lunch at Mariposa. My girlfriend had the ahi sandwich and I had the steak salad. They were both presented so artfully, and the flavors were just amazing. Stephen and his server were so welcoming, caring and engaging. No need to ask for water to be filled;as it is done automatically. I have eaten here 3 times this year, and each time I was made to feel like a treasured diner. Can't wait to bring more friends, as we all need to be pampered!Special Features:
- Kind of slow.VersaceVIPDined on 6/22/2014The service is kind of slow today. Especially we had to wait sooo long for our dessert. Think they are short help today since we saw the Manager put on an apron and was helping serving food. What a great guy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!!ABriefDined on 6/16/2014Best lunch in town! From the popovers to consommé to cookies! This is by far where I want to be!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!RatermanDined on 6/15/2014You can never go wrong by eating at this wonderful little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VersaceVIPDined on 6/13/2014Happy to know that there is a new Chef in town! Great food presentation too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen for the dayKarinDined on 6/12/2014Mariposa is my favorite restaurant to celebrate any occasion. Their popovers are to die for and they really treat you like a queen. I ordered the curry chicken salad and it was delicious and now my new go to entree. I received a boxed chocolate chip cookie along with a delicious dessert to share complete with a candle. As always, chocolates accompany the bill. Thank you for making my birthday lunch so special!Special Features:
- Food could be bettertiffeetoes27Dined on 6/4/2014I've now been to three locations: San Francisco (Union Square), Beverly Hills and now Newport Beach. I would say the order in which I've listed each Mariposa location is in the exact order that I would rate the food with San Francisco being the best (even though they all have the same menu). In fact, the Mariposa in San Francisco was so good that I had to try the two other locations.Special Features:
- Mariposa Rest. at NMalohaDined on 5/22/2014The dining room manager, the hostess, the waitress Carrie, were all excellent and so nice. They all wished my auntie a happy birthday, and it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!KassandraDined on 5/20/2014Such a nice lunch experience! From the warm popovers to the warm chocolate chip cookies, everything was great! The attentive staff makes you feel pampered.Special Features: