Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Beverly Hills
9700 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=10/LA
- Phone: (310) 975-4350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tzu Chiang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fashion a first-class fête. Pamper the glowing bride- or mother-to-be in your life with the shower of her dreams; celebrate a birthday with a lavish luncheon; or set some time aside to socialize with a cocktail party or afternoon tea. At your service. We also offer entrée trays and special catering services for any sort of event in our dining room or yours. Let our manager help coordinate your next event at Mariposa®.
- Private Party Facilities: The Mariposa is available for Breakfast Meetings and Private Evening Events
- Private Party Contact: James Hess 3109754350
- Entertainment: Tell us what you desire, we will help you coordinate.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Beverly Hills
Enjoy upscale contemporary cuisine served in a refined atmosphere at Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Mariposa®. Muse over boldly colorful Calder tapestries from the Neiman Marcus art collection while sipping a cocktail or glass of wine. Delight in a favorite menu selection or try an exciting, seasonal creation from our daily specials menu. Whichever you choose, you'll experience delectable food with exceptional service that is synonymous with Neiman Marcus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St. ›
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- EatsVIPDined on 8/26/2014The service and food are always good - they do not disappoint.Special Features:
- LookforambienceDined on 8/25/2014Love the Mariposa. It shouldn't be renovated prior to Christmas, as it's an extremely popular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retro WonderLAfoodpersonDined on 8/21/2014When I was a kid a trip to any dining facility at any department (or specialty) store was always the highlight of a shopping trip. Things at N-M haven't changed in decades...and that's a good thing. My dining partner and her mom had a Saturday ritual that included browsing/shopping and lunch at Mariposa. I was a part of the foodservice staff when the store opened in 1980 or so. The fellow who managed the room was familiar to my dining partner, as he started as a busperson years earlier. The trip is worth it just for the popovers; requests for seconds were cheerfully fulfilled. Rotten part is that someone within the N-M braintrust decided that the room needed to be refurbished; they'll be closing from now thru Xmas season. Bah humbug!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star lunchErin917VIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was delicious! As soon as we sat down, we were served a small mug (adorable!) of chicken consomme. That along with the fresh, hot popover and delightful seasonal cocktail kicked the meal off to a terrific start.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Always wonderful. Never disappoints! The popovers are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another GREAT Dining ExperienceSolo57VIPDined on 8/6/2014Mariposa is a hidden gem in Beverly Hills. The food is excellent. The service is professional and top notch. Don't miss the pop-overs and chicken soup.Special Features:
- MariposadiningshopperDined on 8/1/2014This is a great spot for lunch with friends. A nice menu, lovely service, and Robert, the host, is warm and welcoming. Every time I leave I wonder why I don't dine there more often! And what could be more fun than to do a little shopping before or after lunch in Neiman-Marcus, my favorite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Nice LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2014I started with the Crab and Avocado salad. After adding a sprinkling of salt it was quite tasty. Second course was the Lacquered Salmon. Third course was Lemongrass Panna Cotta. Mariposa does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Ladies who lunchlisakDined on 7/15/2014Special place to take your time and have relaxed and visit with friends. The food and service is always impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Beverly HillsSolo57VIPDined on 6/17/2014Mariposa is one of those secret spots in Beverly Hills, tucked in the lower level of Neiman Marcus. The popovers are from heaven; light, fluffy, tasty and addictive. The appetizer chicken soup is yummy. Everything on the menu is fresh and delicious. Go go go!Special Features:
- PepinkaDined on 6/11/2014This is a very nice restaurant to go to for a special lunch.Special Features:
- Not badpfellieVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food was very good. Expensive, but good. Although expensive is to be expected from Neiman Marcus. They bring you a little soup and pastry when you first arrive, Both were very good. The service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Mariposa, Neiman MarcusPepinkaDined on 5/9/2014I ordered halibut with macadamia nut coating. It had no macadamia nut coating, and the fish was very dry. (The waiter said the cooking staff said there were nuts on the other side of the fish, but the fish had been turned over. I was the one who turned over the fish, because there were no nuts on top. Incidentally, the fish was dry and the bottom of the fish was dry and hard.) The order was quite tasteless, and other ingredients listed on the menu were missing. It certainly was not worth $30. The waiter replaced the order with a different halibut menu item. This order of halibut also was very dry, but otherwise the dish was tasty. The waiter was polite about replacing the menu item, but afterwards he wouldn't look at me.
- lunch spotRuthlasVIPDined on 4/12/2014whenever we need to drive into BH to do some shopping we try to make a reservation here. The food and service are great and the people watching is best! Not to forget the wonderful popovers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Lunchluv2eatDined on 4/2/2014Lunch was light, delicious and well presented!! The service was great and the ambience perfect! Well done NMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTED OUTINGFabulousVIPDined on 3/6/2014I was really disappointed in the service. The waiter was nice enough, but he was sat with two large parties as well as additional tables. Our drinks did not come until almost before the meal.....the drink orders were needing revision, which meant that we did not get them right until after the meal was served. One of the Guests shared with us that the chicken on their Bistro Salad was "like leather"....and when they brought out the replacement, it was AFTER everyone had finished. No one really checked back with us to see how the meal was or if we needed anything.....you all were lucky that we came for the company and not the service or food this time.Special Features:
- Food is blandOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/18/2014Food got no taste. It was disappointing. We expected more after what we have tried before in SF. Today we ordered 2 pastas. It tasted like pasta with no sauce.
- Mariposa's good is always wonderfultrickydDined on 2/7/2014Mariposa never let's you down. The food is always good and the survive is usually the same. Our server the last visit was a little too quiet. We couldn't hear her when she spoke and she didn't know the fish special that I ordered. Kind of weird but nothing to complain about. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchRuthlasVIPDined on 1/20/2014As always, not disappointed in the food,service and atmosphere. Our reservation was at the later end of the lunch hour and they had run out of lobster Cobb salad ( which was what the birthday girl wanted to eat), other than that no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentgeorgicapondVIPDined on 1/11/2014Always a pleasure to lunch here. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband got the chefs specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014My husband got the chefs special lobster ravioli and it wasn't good. My daughter got the lobster club and it was delicious. I always get the veggie wrap and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotRuthlasVIPDined on 1/9/2014Whenever I am out shopping in BH and I want to meet a friend, this is a great spot to eat. I am a New England girl and Mariposa is one of the only spots I can think of to have a Lobster Cobb and of course a Popover!! The service is great and it's a great people watching spot.Special Features:
- I've been to the MariposaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013I've been to the Mariposa restaurant many times. It's always a pleasure to eat lunch there. Service, quality of food and overall ambience is always delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceAndyDined on 12/21/2013We always come here for a special occasion, usually for lunch at Christmas. Service is exceptional and desserts are great. Definitely make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around, a fun place toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/14/2013All around, a fun place to lunch with the girls. The food is delicious, the service is great and when you're all done, you can shop shop shop.Special Features:
- So CivilizedPurrfectPawsVIPDined on 12/10/2013It's a throw back to the days of well dressed patrons enjoying a relaxing meal amid the chaos of the real world. I feel cocooned there. The brioche and consumme are its signature offerings. Steak salad was perfection. The service, usually spot on, was a little sloppy this time, but our server appeared to be new. Prices are typical of Neiman Marcus, that is, high, but the quality is definitely there. It's worth the splurge to pretend that ,even for just a few hours, all is right with the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the food ...love theInLACAVIPDined on 11/21/2013love the food ...love the service... the only thing this place is missing is some natural light / windows. But what can you do... it's in the basement!
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2013The food was excellent and the service was great! Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Hidden gemStringerDined on 9/19/2013Did you know that there's a lovely restaurant in Neiman Marcus? The food is delicious, the service is top-notch, the ambience is upscale cozy. I took my aunt there for her birthday, and we both loved it. If you're shopping in Beverly Hills and need some nourishment at lunchtime, I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2013Best place to go for birthday lunch ;-) my friends and I meet here to celebrate. The service is excellent. Robert and James greet you with open arms and he servers are awesome. The food is delicious. Pop overs eoth soft bitter and strawberry jam are served to start-and chicken broth with their famous cheese stick. I love the beef filet and arugula salad. It's delicious! Desserts are all good! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemSolo57VIPDined on 8/28/2013Tucked away in NM. The popovers are legendary. The service amazing. GO GO GO and take your grandparents.Special Features:
- Food OK ... was better in the pastJuilavhaVIPDined on 8/26/2013The food was much better at Mariposa in years past ... and service is very lacklustre ! Always nice -but very slow & non solicitous -not what you expect at a high end store such as NM Bergdorf has MUCH better service in their restaurants !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables were too small andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2013Tables were too small and tight. There was a lot of noise in the back. Food quality and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2013I love meeting my girlfriends here for popovers, consommé and yummy lunch. The tenderloin salad rocks!!! I feel at home at Mariposa. Everyone is so welcoming. It all starts with wonderful Robert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy in, easy out, easy to shoppinglovetodineDined on 7/24/2013We stopped into the Mariposa for lunch. Had a wonderful table, the staff was friendly and just right for our light lunch. Thank you for making our afternoon lunch wonderfully relaxing, to catch up, you allowed us to take the table for almost 3 hours!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, relaxing and funLizzieismVIPDined on 6/28/2013Delicious, relaxing and fun - -a great way to get together with friends for a fun lunch and a shopping excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantFilmmakerDined on 6/18/2013A wonderful place for a quiet special lunch. Great food to share with a special friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahhh, PerfectionPurrfectPawsVIPDined on 6/7/2013It's the ideal antidote to a stressful day. The ambiance is civilized and unrushed, the guests are enjoying themselves, and even the children are amazingly well behaved. The food is outstanding, from the brioche and broth served immediately upon arrival, to the entree and desserts. I've had almost everything on the menu, but keep coming back to the filet mignon salad. The steak portion is generous. Add a glass of bubbly, and I'm perfectedly content. All this wellbeing comes with a hefty price tag, however. Whether it's a special occasion or you want to treat yourself, the splurge is definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for Birthdays!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2013My friends and I customarily celebrate one another birthdays at The Mariposa! It's especially delightful when we are able to snag a table that is in a quiet area, where we can visit and enjoy our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delicious..and reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013always delicious..and reservation thru open table excellent and easy...can make any time of the day, great convenience . thank you!Special Features: