Mario's Tutto Bene
495 Chestnut St
Union, NJ 07083Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mario's Tutto Bene
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mariostuttobene.com/
- Phone: 9086873250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ Thursday
Karaoke Friday and Saturday
A word from Mario's Tutto Bene
Mario's Tutto Bène, located in Union, New Jersey, offers a menu filled with both traditional Old World Italian dishes as well as many new innovative culinary creations at reasonable prices. Savor traditional Italian dishes such as pasta, chicken, seafood, veal and steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mario's Tutto Bene reviews from OpenTable diners
- Would definitely go back againLaurelDined on 2/22/2014We had a good meal, but not a GREAT meal. The entrees come with a salad which is nice. The appetizers tasted great but the portions were fair. When we were telling our waiter our entrees, I asked if I can change the side of potato for pasta, the waiter gave me the impression that it was difficult to make the substitution. He said that he would 'try to see if the chef would do it '. This was an Italian restaurant!!!! That surprised us. I ordered the NY Strip steak which was one of the specials of the day. The waiter kept saying that it was 'heaven'!!! For $31 it should be heaven. It was very good, but not amazing. It was very thin and pretty dry. The pasta was OK nothing special. Overall, it was good, and would go back.Special Features:
- best meatball everLuvGdFdDined on 1/17/2014have the Veal meatball its the size of my head and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, willOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Good food, good service, will be back for some more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!JoemidiVIPDined on 1/5/2014I took my mom here for Christmas and we both enjoyed the food and excellent service. I highly recommend checking this place out. I had the Grouper and it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2013the food was excellent and the restaurant was beautiful! Me and my friend had a relaxing dinner and would definitely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Deal!Karen88Dined on 11/9/2013Mario's food is always good and you get a decent amount for the money. Their bread is delicious and I love the intermezzo after salad that is included with entree....something I always enjoy! I have had large parties here in the past and they were hits. Service on this particular night was a bit slow and I was surprised since it was very earlyevening. My friend and I enjoyed our chicken with spinach dish and even ha leftovers. I love their desserts, too, but did not opt for any this evening. Very small parking lit and hard to find spot in the street....only flaw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!crseaDined on 10/30/2013My first time there and it was delicious! Drinks were reasonably priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDeedeeDined on 10/25/2013The staff was attentive but not overbearing. Our meals were very good, although one mentioned that the lobster sauce was a bit fishy tasting. The ambiance was soothing with painted murals and a fireplace. There is outdoors seating, just a shame it's on a busy street. We look forward to come back and try some other meals, and this time save room for dessert.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantdmm44Dined on 10/12/2013Recently discovered this wonderful restaurant. We have been back three times. Each time, the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. We dine out often and were impressed by the reasonable prices for everything from cocktails to desserts. It is obvious that this restaurant has many returning diners.....a true neighborhood favorite. By our second visit, we were treated like old friends. It is our new go-to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well RecommendedGinoVIPDined on 10/5/2013Never been there before but we took a chance, and thankful we did. Excellent apps and dinner. Stuffed artichoke was great then we moved to a chicken dish and cavatelli and broccolli, both excellent and we had plenty for the next days lunch. Service was very friendly. Try it, you will like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!Karen88Dined on 9/18/2013Visited with four friends and lucked out with what is called "Wacky Wednesday" - all entrees half price! Selection was fabulous and portions were the same size. Everyone enjoyed the meal....always good bruschetta and intermezzo, which I like. Service was fantastic and tip included. I hope the continue this WW, but if not, would still dine here. Prices are fair. Parking is difficult, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars every timeLbi305Dined on 9/12/2013I have not once been disappointed by the food and atmosphere at Mario's Tutto Bene. I can't think of one favorite item on the menu because everything is so good and so is the Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food reasonably priced.FramboisVIPDined on 9/7/2013The food was good, not great. The portions were generous. Can't beat the price of the wine by the bottle. Service was attentive and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.....the coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Excellent food.....the courses were spared apart in a very timely manner. We were there for my wife's birthday and everyone was kind and caringSpecial Features:
- Food is delicious. I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2013Food is delicious. I have been there many times & have tried different dishes. I have never had a bad meal there. Everything is great. My family & I have Xmas Eve dinner here. It is a new tradition we started & are going to continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDaveDined on 8/12/2013Our party of three ordered the following followed by comments. Escarole & Bean soup - bland, nothing special Clams Casino - clams so small they were lost in the breading Veal meatball - Meatball was the size of a softball, way too much to eat. It was tasty, but had to order extra sauce as it was dry. The pasta was tasteless and the ricotta cheese was just yucky, could not eat. The shrimp scampi was tasteless, however, the shrimp were large. The Chicken Murphy should have been labeled Onion and Pepper Murphy. All the entrees were large, apparently emphasizing quantity over quality. None of the three of us could eat half our meal.
- First time I have ever beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013First time I have ever been to Mario's for dinner. A very nice dining room (off the bar), excellent service and food. Prices are very reasonable for what they deliver. We were at Mario's celebrating my guest's 21st birthday. Mario's went the extra mile and brought out cake and sang happy birthday to her and I didn't even ask them to do this. I didn’t try the bar but it looks very nice too. They have a few table outside (and a tv) if you prefer more casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was a fine restaurantKHKSDined on 7/29/2013Overall it was a fine restaurant nothing out of the usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have re-discoveredJoeyVIPDined on 7/27/2013Glad to have re-discovered this restaurant after a long absence. The food was wonderful as were the drinks and wine. No complaints-- will definitely return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delightTyhgDined on 7/22/2013Authentic Italian food. I am French and I felt in Italy for a few hours. The services was exceptional. The Oslo bucco was the best I had in years. The meat was so moist and falling from the bone. Very high quality cuisine. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitsouthjerseygirlDined on 7/20/2013Love Mario's- always have and always will. The food is great, as is the service.Special Features:
- I loved this restaurantMickeyVIPDined on 7/6/2013My wife, daughter and I have driven by this restaurant 20 times before and never went in. This weekend, we decided to give it a try. I have to admit the meal was wonderful. The food from beginning to end was great. We had jumbo shrimp and calamari as our appetizer and both were fantastic. Our main dishes were all great. To top it off our waiter was a very nice gentleman and the busboy was there at just the right time. We will definitely be going back. Oh and one more thing, the tiramisu desert was a great way to end a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worstMaggielover81Dined on 7/5/2013This meal was one of my worst! The wait for the food was terrible 45 mins to get a salad and the place wasn't even crowed. I went and took my mother her and she couldn't even eat her food it was either over cooked or under cooked! Nothing was good but the ambiance it had a look that drew me in but everything else told me not to come here ever again!Special Features:
- I enjoyed a wonderful mealanonymousDined on 6/8/2013I enjoyed a wonderful meal with old friends at this restaurant. The food was delicious; all five of the guests at my table were pleased with their entrees. The hostess and wait staff were very friendly and made us feel comfortable and at home. I look forward to going back to this restaurant with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tutto Bene!AndyDined on 6/7/2013We are new to the area and were looking for a nice restaurant to eat at on our Friday night "date night". We were hoping for a restaurant with ambiance, great food, and service. Mario's exceeded our expectations. We were greeted by the hostess who was warm and friendly. From the crisp white linen table cloths to the wall murals to the level of lighting, the ambiance was perfect. The staff were courteous, fast, and efficient. But the proof is in the food and the food at Mario's in a word is great. My wife had ziti and I had shrimp scampi. We both agreed that our meals were excellent. I also highly recommend the fresh strawberry pastry for desert. We both enjoyed our experience and put Mario's on our list of "must go to" places to eat.Special Features:
- Excellent food, fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/1/2013This was a last minute pick for us and we had a great meal, and a lot of fun. It wasn't noisy but the bar was hopping and there were families with small children. The menu was straight forward and well executed with some more adventurous specials. I'm kind of a food snob and I was happy and my less patient son was also pleased. Service was prompt and pleasant. Miniature sorbet cones served as pallet cleanser, fun touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Italian at a good priceRun2eatVIPDined on 5/27/2013Wwe live locally and have been to Tutto Bene several times. I go back for the food, my wife enjoys both the food and the karaoke on the weekends. I went for the soft shell crab over linguine in lemon sauce, my wife has the tilapia. All meals include a salad and a - we both had caesar salads, as well as a palate clease. We both enjoyed our dinners, service was good without hovering and dinner including wine and tip was under $80. Consider Tutto Bene for a good local meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbuddyroddyDined on 5/12/2013food is great, love the black n red room, waiters r great!Special Features:
- Great Food AlwaysKATPDined on 5/12/2013I went to Mario's for Mothers day dinner. I must say I have been there several times and have never had a bad meal. The Steak italiano was cooked to perfection and the Mozzarella appetizer was great. I would prefer them to serve the olive oil dipping sauce instead of butter with that great bread like they usually do instead of changing it for the holiday. The service is a little slow but the food more than makes up for it. This is a must go to place for amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little pricey for area, steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013little pricey for area, steaks were very exspensiveSpecial Features:
- Make sure you get the GiantTuckDined on 4/13/2013Make sure you get the Giant meat ball. It's to die for!Special Features:
- Always a favorite of the WhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2013Always a favorite of the White Sangria. Enjoyable.Special Features:
- First time there and we wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013First time there and we would definately come back!! Loved it!Special Features:
- The staff was very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2013The staff was very nice and food good overall . It was very busy so it was slow. Took about 45 minutes for the appetizers.. Overall about 2 hours. Some may like a slower pace, but I was getting a little antsy.In general, I would recommend.