Mario's Italian Restaurant
2740 Monroe Ave
Rochester, NY 14618Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mario's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.2711111.com/
- Phone: 5852711111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch / Buffet: 10:00am - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef James Dean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service and delivery of catering for off-premise events available, offering Rochester's best culinary creations, prepared for your home or office. Our Sales Staff can assist you with arranging all of your details, including tent rentals, china/glassware/silverware and linen needs, the decor and staffing.
- Private Party Facilities: Full service facility for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with full audio & visual capabilities. Space available for groups of 10 to 300, depending on style of event. Specializing in Corporate, Wedding and Social Celebrations!
- Private Party Contact: Carol Gardner - Catering Sales Director 5852711111
- Special Events: Special Holiday Brunches and Dinners
A word from Mario's Italian Restaurant
Experience a true taste of Italy tonight. Voted Rochester's best Italian Restaurant and Rochester's best brunch. At Mario's you are not just a customer, you are our special guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mario's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Mario's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)great for brunch (54)good for groups (49)romantic (40)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Tastier than the Elegant AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014WONDERFUL! " The best food I have ever had in a restaurant." Thank you for the best restaurant-eating experience ever!
- Whole PackageloveagoodrestaurantDined on 9/6/2014The hostess, waitress, and food was outstanding. It is has been awhile that we felt we got our money's worth and had great cuisine out. I loved that this restaurant is not a chain and it showed. The only downside is that you do not get salad with your meal. Therefore, the cost can add up relatively quick if you choose to have a salad or soup prior to the entree. Let me tell you though, you will not be disappointed with their sald. They said they are individual; however, easily they can be shared. I recommend the pear, gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, and argula salad - delicious!!Special Features:
- Not goodnotgoodDined on 8/29/2014We were very disappointed and will not go back again.
- Great Anniversary GetawayDinerDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I have been going to Mario's for our Anniversary Dinner for the last 5 years, this is our must go to for our anniversary time out. We always have a great time together in a quiet romantic atmosphere with great food and wonderful attentive service. There is always something new to try on the menu, as well as our favorite appetizer, Grilled Calamari. I look forward to many more anniversary dinners here.Special Features:
- Great service and foodSpeedyFeetsDined on 8/24/2014As usual, Mario's delivers the fine food and service you'd expect. Keep up the great job!Special Features:
- OutstandingJR1954Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the food was outstanding and the service the best of anywhere we've ever been. We were celebrating our daughter in law's birthday and each one of our servers were just so kind. We brought a cake and the server actually added a sparkler to it when she served it, to the delight of our Grandson. My son mentioned he forgot to get a piece of cheesecake and the server actually got it for him. We've been to Mario's for brunch several times, several weddings and of course dinner and there's just no place better in the Rochester area.Special Features:
- GoodPeepsDined on 8/23/2014Very good. Worth the noise. Waitress could have been more attentive. Also her super long ponytail almost touches the table to her back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPEACEDined on 8/23/2014Our experience was very nice. The food was excellent. The wife & I had "Tour of Italy" The lasagna was superb, the chicken parm was delish and the fett alfredo was a bit el dente but tolerable. Jamie, our server was the best. He was very attentive and provided a personal-touch that makes this restaurant so attractive. However, My wife & I were somewhat shocked by the number of customers who came for dinner dressed in shorts (some cutoffs) & T-shirts. A general lack of respect for this high quality dining establishment. Thank you for a memorable Anniversary Dinner.Special Features:
- WaitressFoodie24Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful service. She went above and beyond her job duties for me and the good was amazing.Special Features:
- Fabulous BrunchRocmomvballDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed outstanding food and a great private room for our group. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!!penmanDined on 8/10/2014Mario's never disappoints. Great carving station, wonderful pasta, endless Mimosa's. Something always new, a sinfully rich tortellini Alfredo with a smooth blend of cheeses and a note of an aromatic taste I still can't place; a tender seafood salad with tangy olive dressing. For dessert area. Amazing small canolli and other favorites. You can easily enjoy a more healthful set of dishes and dessert. There are wonderful salads, lean carved meat, and lots offresh fruit for dessert.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch was amazing!ihenkelDined on 8/10/2014We went for Sunday brunch to celebrate our one year anniversary and found it to be a great combination of high quality food, classy atmosphere and quick service! We certainly will come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindJoelan1Dined on 8/9/2014I've been traveling to Rochester for 3 years now and look every time for an outstanding restaurant. Mario's fit that bill and went beyond. Our waitress Amy was delightful and one of the best waitstaff I've had in years. She helped with our food picks and made suggestions that enhanced the experience. This restaurant is well run and the food is uniquely outstanding beyond most Italian restaurants even throughout NYC. They turn simple and basic into extraordinary. I finally found my go-to spot in Rochester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customersGampopDined on 8/8/2014We travel from Buffalo to Rochester as often as we can for dinner or brunch at Mario's - one of my favorite places- love their Lobster festSpecial Features:
- Awesome food and service!katiedDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went to Mario's for our anniversary and my birthday. The entire experience was amazing. Each employee we encountered was friendly and more than willing to help us in any way. My husband had the lobster and crab bisque and then we each had the home made gnocci. Everything was delicious! We would absolutely go again!Special Features:
- Fit for foodies; an understatementFoodie24Dined on 8/6/2014From the Pretzellini to the honey butter you put on your rolls to the main dish to the desert they really keep the food coming. By the time you get to the desert you are probably so full you'll get it to go. Everything however gets 5 stars. The food was incredible. I have to say this restaurant has the best fettuccine alfredo I've ever had. But it also had a great upper class atmosphere. It's definitely a place to go if you would like a larger and better quality meal. Make sure you go hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerwz2bDined on 8/5/2014My friend and I took our wives there for birthday dinners. I made an online reservation and noted that it was their birthdays, and asked in the "comments" field that they arrange a birthday cake, something chocolate, and no singing waiters. Not only did they remember all of this, but as soon as we went up the hostess she recognized my name and knew it was a birthday party. Asst. manager came over to wish the girls happy birthday. The staff made it a very special night and as always the food was terrific. This is definitely the place to go when you want to get dressed up and get fantastic Italian.Special Features:
- It is a BrunchSR62Dined on 8/3/2014I went here for their Sunday Brunch. It is a brunch, some of the buffet is good some of it is mediocre, I don't believe I had anything that was great aside from the mimosa's that are included, those were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marios has gone downhillBrunchfanDined on 8/3/2014Marios used to be my favorite spot to go, but latley it has gone downhill. The brunch was not spectacular, as it was last year, and the pasta tastes like you could buy it from a box, heat in the microwave, and pour the sauce out of a packaged baggie. Not the best food I have ever had. They need to work on their customer service a lot- at least up to Cheescake Factory level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!njoydinoutDined on 8/2/2014Started going to Mario's last year. Had been there for banquets in the past but not for dinner. Every dinner I have had has been excellent and the service has been great. Excellent happy hour at the bar Monday-Saturday too.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerDinnerfor3Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had our first date night since our son was born 10.5 months ago. We had the opportunity to go out for our 5 year anniversary dinner at Mario's. We had a wonderful dinner and the ambiance was romantic and provided a great private spot to sit and talk. When we ordered dessert the waitress had placed a lit sparkler in it knowing it was our anniversary and wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experience!Mike7JenDined on 7/25/2014We didn't LOVE the grilled calamari, so the manager took it off our bill although she didn't have to. The wait staff was attentive, the environment welcome, friendly and great for our date night. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Ten ResstaurantRestaurantCriticDined on 7/25/2014Mario's is among the best restaurant in the Rochester area. Their food selection is excellent and they have an outstanding wine list. Their staff is well trained and very professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistanttubbyfatDined on 7/22/2014The food is attractively presented, great quality, innovative and inventive preparation, good value, motivated staff, easy parking, great ambience.Special Features:
- nett58Dined on 7/22/2014The waiter wasn't told we were there and after 15 minutes he apologized and offered us a drink. The manager also gave his apology's. Both were very cordial and provided good service. The food was fabulous for the lobster fest.Special Features:
- room to improveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014The service was great initially, I guess we stayed longer than the time frame they expect. We were just having a good time and chatting without husbands, just a girl's brunch. The beverages stopped as soon as we paid the bill, no one offered even fresh water after that. Sad because that is certainly not Italian courtesy at one's home. The food was very good, the dessert's a little disappointing, I make my own cannoli's so am a bit of a snob but the ones they served had no crunch at all which to me means stale dessert.Special Features:
- Very satisfyingNFHUDined on 7/19/2014Superb service and big portions of food served mark Marios' as a place to go when hungry for tasty, lavishly seasoned meals. We did not want to stop even though we were stuffed. Would love to return for more. There was a wedding party and large families around but it all added to the festive ambiance. The wait staff was handling the crowd without difficulty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfying!eatdafeedDined on 7/18/2014Great restaurant, always good food, and good service.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceJLR45Dined on 7/16/2014My wife, adult son, and I ordered the 4oz lobster tail and filet mignon special. All of us enjoyed our meal. Preparation was excellent. Our server, Shaun was very good - attentive but not intrusive. Price was a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Minor complaint was our food was cool but still very good. Excellet meal and service.Special Features:
- loved Mario'sSandmanDined on 7/13/2014We were there for Sunday brunch....So many choices, everything we tasted was delicious! Must save room for amazing dessert selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experienceFabfoodieDined on 7/7/2014From the easy access of online reservation to the friendly, fun, knowledgeable staff to the excellent food, we always have a fabulous time at Mario's Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchedvalkDined on 7/6/2014Had the Sunday Brunch at about $24 and it was not worth half the price. Nothing special....lots of ordinary pasta dishes. The beef at the carving station was tough, they ran out of salmon and substituted deep fried ravioli, very little in terms of salad items, no cheese bar, also ran out of the mussels & clams. There was plenty of bacon, sausage, and eggs but not much else after that. We were looking forward to something special for $24 but were greatly disappointed. On the positive side the service was great.
- Wonderful eveningQtkksmomDined on 7/5/2014We dined at Mario's with our son, daughter-in-law, daughter and her boyfriend to celebrate my husband's birthday. Everything was fantastic right from the start. Our table was ready as soon as we walked in but we wanted to have a drink at the bar. Bartender was attentive and pleasant. After we were seated, our server was there explaining the menu and taking drink orders. We ordered appetizers before ordering dinner and they arrived promptly at our table. The pace where the food was brought out was perfect. Food was delicious and hot. The only blip was that my filet came out and it was overdone. When I told the server, another filet was brought out to me by the manager very quickly. This one was perfectly done. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management stepped upmyamya57Dined on 7/5/2014Went the other day for my friend's birthday. Waitress had an attitude right from the start. There were four of us, and we ordered salads and entrees. Nothing out of the ordinary. We got our salads about 45 minutes after we sat down, and the entrees didn't come til at least 25 minutes after that. I went to the manager and politely explained that things were very slow, and that others seemed to get their food a bit faster. The manager comped us for dessert, which was nice, although we had not planned on dessert. Still, dinner at this neighborhood place took 2 1/2 hours. We were pretty tired of sitting by then. Food was excellent, though, and the lobster specials were really well-priced. Loved the grilled romaine salad.Special Features:
- Excellent!!NatRodDined on 7/3/2014Everything was beautiful! Great food and service! Perfect for special occasions and couples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly SplendidDOODIEroc8wellDined on 7/3/2014Food and service are always of the highest quality. Servers are warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable. The grilled calamari is a must, salads are cold and fresh, while the main dishes offer standard favorites to inventive options. The light raspberry cookie/cream style desert is such a favorite that we had to take one to go since we were so full!Special Features:
- The SpecialsunuDined on 6/30/2014My friend and myself both had the ravioli special. It was very good! Waitress was good.Special Features:
- Favorite Anniversary Dinner Spot!RickDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 39th anniversary on June 28th, and once again we went to Mario's; it's my wife Jan's favorite area restaurant and, I'll have to say, one of my favorites as well. And, once again, we had a very fine meal. The seafood bisque is to die for, and my halibut main course was both beautiful and oh-so delicioso! Even though we forgot our printed-out anniversary email coupon, its promise of a free bottle of wine was honored with no unnecessary conversation. And, once again, we left this beautiful restaurant both satiated and very, very satisfied. Molto bene, everyone! We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mario's Shares our Special Nightgrad1014Dined on 6/28/2014We brought a small group of family ... ages 14 to 87 .... to Mario's to celebrate our daughter's Graduation. The service was outstanding. We had requested a brighter table to help my elderly father see. They placed him right under a spotlight and he loved it. Everyone had a different dinner choice and each one was superb. This was not our first time at Mario's for a special occasion but it will not be our last. We will always look to Mario's to share in our special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.