Mario's Italian Restaurant
2740 Monroe Ave
Rochester, NY 14618Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mario's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.2711111.com/
- Phone: (585) 271-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch / Buffet: 10:00am - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef James Dean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service and delivery of catering for off-premise events available, offering Rochester's best culinary creations, prepared for your home or office. Our Sales Staff can assist you with arranging all of your details, including tent rentals, china/glassware/silverware and linen needs, the decor and staffing.
- Private Party Facilities: Full service facility for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with full audio & visual capabilities. Space available for groups of 10 to 300, depending on style of event. Specializing in Corporate, Wedding and Social Celebrations!
- Private Party Contact: Carol Gardner - Catering Sales Director 5852711111
- Special Events: Special Holiday Brunches and Dinners
A word from Mario's Italian Restaurant
Experience a true taste of Italy tonight. Voted Rochester's best Italian Restaurant and Rochester's best brunch. At Mario's you are not just a customer, you are our special guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mario's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Mario's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)great for brunch (40)good for groups (38)romantic (29)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Brunch was Awesome for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Having all the food out and having a kids section was awesome! Our kids loved it and it made for the most delightful dining experience I've had with my children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked salmonDisappointed2014VIPDined on 11/21/2014Asked for my salmon more rare in the middle, it was well done. They sent out a new piece cooked right and took the entree of the bill. Good customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good dinner!mamabearDined on 11/7/2014We always enjoy dinner at Mario's. Their food is great - the quality is consistently good. Service is also professional. If I had one suggestion it would be to include some smaller portion entrees!Special Features:
- ExcellentJorgeDined on 11/6/2014When looking for reasonably priced, excellent Italian quisine, look no further. My wife and I went for our anniversary and were thrilled. she ordered the Italian trio consisting of chicken parmigiana, lasagna and a Pasta Alfredo. All three were excellent, and the pasta for the lasagna was the best my wife has tasted (texturally). I ordered the seafood pasta dish (I forgot the exact name) with shrimp and scallops in a creamy sauce that was absolutely delicious and reminded me of my wife's lobster & crab bisque starter. The scallops were expertly prepared and the dish as a whole was very successful! To top it all off the creme brûlée was to die for! Excellent dinner from start to finish! A bit loud but we were seated next to a full table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stable stapleBobcaDined on 11/6/2014Mario's always does a good job, I have not yet tried a steak there but I will ... that will tell all ... I love the bar and the service and staff are amazing ... I think one of the best staff's I have encountered.Special Features:
- Need comfort dessertsitalygirlDined on 11/2/2014The Sunday Supper was fabulous! We have been going to the Sunday brunches for years and this one was just a great as all the others. The Italian specialties are just like I would make and truly delicious. I gave the food rating 4 stars because, in my opinion, the desserts could be better. They are usually the same selection and usually just ok in flavor. I am not crazy about pastry type desserts....how about some hearty pies or frosted brownies...some comfort food desserts to go with the Italian comfort food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanDined on 11/1/2014A family oriented restaurant with warm, friendly and prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch time YAYkikigDined on 10/26/2014This is a great place for brunch on a Sunday, when you aren't sure what you want (breakfast or lunch). You get them both and tons of desserts! There is a pretty even spread of breakfast foods and lunch/dinner type options. They even have a carving station, an omelet stations, and a kids finger food station for your little picky eaters. Also... unlimited mimosa's after 11am... uh YES PLEASESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Brunch was wonderful; best brunch in Rochester. The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarydinersDined on 10/18/2014Our meal was fantastic and our server was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Solid PerformanceProudDadDined on 10/18/2014Our first visit. The place is up to date on decor and was full that night as well as hosting a wedding. The food is very good and the servcie is excellent. This is a well run restuarant that can handle it when filled to capacity but not make it feel like a dinner mill. Great chocies between Italian and beef, great service and terrfiic choice of desserts. We took our son there for parents weekend from U Rochester and left satisfied. This place is run by people who know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulVisitiningDined on 10/10/2014I made a reservation on line ,which was easy.I called ahead to increase the amount of people, and when I arrived the hostess saw that we had small children and put us in the Tower room and it was PERFECT.Special Features:
- Limited menu but great foodVegitarianFoodyDined on 10/4/2014Far less menu choices than I remember from the last time I was here, especially in the category of pasta dishes not involving meat. As always great Italian food, attentive service and good ambiance.Special Features:
- jackDined on 10/4/2014too loud, bar was under staffed. For an Italian rest. the menu was limited on the dishesSpecial Features:
- Not good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014It took a long time to get a drink at the bar and they only had one choice of a certain type of wine. Our meal took a VERY long time to be served and the portions were small and it was not that tasty.
- Tastier than the Elegant AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014WONDERFUL! " The best food I have ever had in a restaurant." Thank you for the best restaurant-eating experience ever!
- Whole PackageloveagoodrestaurantDined on 9/6/2014The hostess, waitress, and food was outstanding. It is has been awhile that we felt we got our money's worth and had great cuisine out. I loved that this restaurant is not a chain and it showed. The only downside is that you do not get salad with your meal. Therefore, the cost can add up relatively quick if you choose to have a salad or soup prior to the entree. Let me tell you though, you will not be disappointed with their sald. They said they are individual; however, easily they can be shared. I recommend the pear, gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, and argula salad - delicious!!Special Features:
- Excellent brunch!SpeedyFeetsDined on 8/31/2014I love this buffet, the hot items are always my favorite. Salmon is to die for....done just right! I will always return!!Special Features:
- Not goodnotgoodDined on 8/29/2014We were very disappointed and will not go back again.
- Great Anniversary GetawayDinerDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I have been going to Mario's for our Anniversary Dinner for the last 5 years, this is our must go to for our anniversary time out. We always have a great time together in a quiet romantic atmosphere with great food and wonderful attentive service. There is always something new to try on the menu, as well as our favorite appetizer, Grilled Calamari. I look forward to many more anniversary dinners here.Special Features:
- Great service and foodSpeedyFeetsDined on 8/24/2014As usual, Mario's delivers the fine food and service you'd expect. Keep up the great job!Special Features:
- OutstandingJR1954Dined on 8/24/2014As always, the food was outstanding and the service the best of anywhere we've ever been. We were celebrating our daughter in law's birthday and each one of our servers were just so kind. We brought a cake and the server actually added a sparkler to it when she served it, to the delight of our Grandson. My son mentioned he forgot to get a piece of cheesecake and the server actually got it for him. We've been to Mario's for brunch several times, several weddings and of course dinner and there's just no place better in the Rochester area.Special Features:
- GoodPeepsDined on 8/23/2014Very good. Worth the noise. Waitress could have been more attentive. Also her super long ponytail almost touches the table to her back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPEACEDined on 8/23/2014Our experience was very nice. The food was excellent. The wife & I had "Tour of Italy" The lasagna was superb, the chicken parm was delish and the fett alfredo was a bit el dente but tolerable. Jamie, our server was the best. He was very attentive and provided a personal-touch that makes this restaurant so attractive. However, My wife & I were somewhat shocked by the number of customers who came for dinner dressed in shorts (some cutoffs) & T-shirts. A general lack of respect for this high quality dining establishment. Thank you for a memorable Anniversary Dinner.Special Features:
- WaitressFoodie24Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful service. She went above and beyond her job duties for me and the good was amazing.Special Features:
- Fabulous BrunchRocmomvballDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed outstanding food and a great private room for our group. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!!penmanDined on 8/10/2014Mario's never disappoints. Great carving station, wonderful pasta, endless Mimosa's. Something always new, a sinfully rich tortellini Alfredo with a smooth blend of cheeses and a note of an aromatic taste I still can't place; a tender seafood salad with tangy olive dressing. For dessert area. Amazing small canolli and other favorites. You can easily enjoy a more healthful set of dishes and dessert. There are wonderful salads, lean carved meat, and lots offresh fruit for dessert.Special Features:
- We've Never Been Disappointed!Happydiner512Dined on 8/10/2014We wanted to gather as a family to say "bon voyage" for my youngest son who was heading back to college for his senior year at SUNY Fredonia. He and I had attended a brunch at Mario's for an RIT Alumni event and we just loved it so we chose Mario's as the site for a family brunch. The venue was perfect for the adults and was also elegantly kid friendly. The variety of great food ensured that everyone's palate was satisfied. By the way, I have also sponsored business dinners at Mario's and I have never been disappointed. Thank you Mario's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch was amazing!ihenkelDined on 8/10/2014We went for Sunday brunch to celebrate our one year anniversary and found it to be a great combination of high quality food, classy atmosphere and quick service! We certainly will come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindJoelan1Dined on 8/9/2014I've been traveling to Rochester for 3 years now and look every time for an outstanding restaurant. Mario's fit that bill and went beyond. Our waitress Amy was delightful and one of the best waitstaff I've had in years. She helped with our food picks and made suggestions that enhanced the experience. This restaurant is well run and the food is uniquely outstanding beyond most Italian restaurants even throughout NYC. They turn simple and basic into extraordinary. I finally found my go-to spot in Rochester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customersGampopDined on 8/8/2014We travel from Buffalo to Rochester as often as we can for dinner or brunch at Mario's - one of my favorite places- love their Lobster festSpecial Features:
- Awesome food and service!katiedDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went to Mario's for our anniversary and my birthday. The entire experience was amazing. Each employee we encountered was friendly and more than willing to help us in any way. My husband had the lobster and crab bisque and then we each had the home made gnocci. Everything was delicious! We would absolutely go again!Special Features:
- Fit for foodies; an understatementFoodie24Dined on 8/6/2014From the Pretzellini to the honey butter you put on your rolls to the main dish to the desert they really keep the food coming. By the time you get to the desert you are probably so full you'll get it to go. Everything however gets 5 stars. The food was incredible. I have to say this restaurant has the best fettuccine alfredo I've ever had. But it also had a great upper class atmosphere. It's definitely a place to go if you would like a larger and better quality meal. Make sure you go hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerwz2bDined on 8/5/2014My friend and I took our wives there for birthday dinners. I made an online reservation and noted that it was their birthdays, and asked in the "comments" field that they arrange a birthday cake, something chocolate, and no singing waiters. Not only did they remember all of this, but as soon as we went up the hostess she recognized my name and knew it was a birthday party. Asst. manager came over to wish the girls happy birthday. The staff made it a very special night and as always the food was terrific. This is definitely the place to go when you want to get dressed up and get fantastic Italian.Special Features:
- It is a BrunchSR62Dined on 8/3/2014I went here for their Sunday Brunch. It is a brunch, some of the buffet is good some of it is mediocre, I don't believe I had anything that was great aside from the mimosa's that are included, those were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marios has gone downhillBrunchfanDined on 8/3/2014Marios used to be my favorite spot to go, but latley it has gone downhill. The brunch was not spectacular, as it was last year, and the pasta tastes like you could buy it from a box, heat in the microwave, and pour the sauce out of a packaged baggie. Not the best food I have ever had. They need to work on their customer service a lot- at least up to Cheescake Factory level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!njoydinoutDined on 8/2/2014Started going to Mario's last year. Had been there for banquets in the past but not for dinner. Every dinner I have had has been excellent and the service has been great. Excellent happy hour at the bar Monday-Saturday too.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerDinnerfor3Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I had our first date night since our son was born 10.5 months ago. We had the opportunity to go out for our 5 year anniversary dinner at Mario's. We had a wonderful dinner and the ambiance was romantic and provided a great private spot to sit and talk. When we ordered dessert the waitress had placed a lit sparkler in it knowing it was our anniversary and wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 809 reviews are from the Mario's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Overall great experience!Mike7JenDined on 7/25/2014We didn't LOVE the grilled calamari, so the manager took it off our bill although she didn't have to. The wait staff was attentive, the environment welcome, friendly and great for our date night. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Ten ResstaurantRestaurantCriticDined on 7/25/2014Mario's is among the best restaurant in the Rochester area. Their food selection is excellent and they have an outstanding wine list. Their staff is well trained and very professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.