Mario's A Taste of Italy
4507 W. Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mario's A Taste of Italy
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mariospizzatasteofitaly.com/
- Phone: (949) 722-7151
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jose vivas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a very reasonable catering Menu ...food is served in 1/2 trays that serves 10 or full trays for 20 . Chafing dishes keep our gourmet foods warm for hours. Our lasagna , chicken cacciatore and raviolies with peppercorn brandy are among the favorites ....
A word from Mario's A Taste of Italy
For more than 24 years we have been serving gourmet Italian food , sandwiches and and assortment of salads with house made dressing. Our pizza is freshly made 2 tymes a day and is made to order or ready served by the slice. We offer Italian and local wine....we cater for all occasions and deliver your order within 3 miles. We are famous for gourmet food with fast food prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mario's A Taste of Italy reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wandering touristLPDPaulVIPDined on 11/5/2014Dropped in on this spot on a recommendation from both the resort (Marriott's Newport Coast Villas) and OpenTable; went at an on off-peak time (415 in the afternoon) and found it quickly and nearly empty. Pleasant lunch, decent food, reasonable prices - minor grumbles. Me? I don't care for mushrooms and never expected them in a chicken parm dish (I'll live with it). My wife ordered lasagna, even though they only carry meat lasagna, and she doesn't care for beef. It came in a meat sauce. What she ate was good, but there was a lot left over. The menu is broad, prices are reasonable, staff friendly and helpful. A little more clarity in the menu would help!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014The owner waited on us and we had excellent advise about the menu and super service.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Mario's A Taste of Italy reviews archive.
- Good food at a fun placeRickEDined on 7/16/2014Our first impression of Mario's, from the parking lot, was small and inauspicious. While the decor was lively but unremarkable, the menu was expansive and food very good. Spaghetti with meat sauce was tasty and contained a satisfying amount of meat sauce. The shrimp parmigiana, served on a bed of spaghetti with meat sauce, was good but the shrimp were just slightly tough. The spumoni gelato was very good but different from past experience with many small pieces of fruit. After we were seated a local group arrived, 6-7 adults and 12-15 children, and the ambience got lively. They included us in a bit of conversation and, while expectedly noisy, the kids were well behaved. Our service did not suffer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This shouldn't be on OpenTableMontageLagunaVIPDined on 7/6/2014This place is not for OpenTable. I am customer of Open Table for many years and i rely on this website to find new and exciting places for lunch, dinner, breakfast. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is great, sometimes not so, but ... i do not expect to use OpenTable, to drive 1 hour to visit local fast food establishment. It is simply local pizza with delivery services. Pizza is ok, pasta is ok - but it is NOTHING spectacular, the quality is just not there, it is just one more pizza place. Fast food pizza. OpenTable, please take a note! If i will get into some fast food by using your reservation services - i will simply stop using your services. Thank you
- First time there but not the lastKilted1Dined on 3/21/2014Had friends in from out of town and we were looking for a place that their 2 year old would not be out of place - well Mario's was the choice and I had never been before. Extremely friendly service team - had the owner chatting with us throughout the night, the food was dynamite, the selection diverse and overall the place was fun. It is not a 'full service' concept - you are meant to order at the counter then sit, but the owner was constantly stopping by the table and checking in and never hesitated to offer help....really wonderful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reservations irrelevantrnininDined on 3/16/2014Not knowing the quaint character of this restaurant (read "small"), we made reservations, A large group of 12 or so arrived right before us, and the tables were completely full. When I told him we had reserved, he said, yes, but he couldn't turn away all those people. The patrons were very kind and directed us to an open but dirty table, which was quickly cleaned off. We ordered slices (which were delicious) from the counter so we wouldn't have to wait, and the staff delivered them to our table. Looking at the plates of food around us, I have to say I would go back to try the pasta or salmon I saw others enjoying. It was obvious why they were so busy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieCherieDined on 2/14/2014If you are in the mood for a great home made Italian meal, this is the place. Every meal is prepared to order. Nothing is pre made. The first bite will take you back as if you are dinning in Tuscuny, Italy. The chicken cacciatore (my favorite) is to die for. They have a great wine selection, and the prices are very reasonable. The food is outstanding , and the atmosphere is very friendly. It truly is a favorite "go to" spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.