1327 Beach Dr
Victoria, BC V8S 2N4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2505988555x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jeff Kennliside
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Marina Restaurant can accommodate groups of up to 40 people in the dining room. The Marina Coffee House is available for private event and parties in the evenings, fully serviced and catered by the Marina Restaurant. Booking of The Marina Coffee House also provides access to the expansive deck.
- Private Party Contact: Guest Services 2505988555x
A word from Marina Restaurant
Enjoy the fresh tastes of the West Coast in a spectacular waterfront setting at the Marina Restaurant. The award-winning Marina Restaurant is a local favourite for delicious seafood, regional cuisine and Sunday Brunch. If you’re in the mood for sushi, our sushi bar can’t be beat.Continued
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Marina Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Marina Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (156)special occasion (112)great for lunch (63)great for brunch (61)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (45)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (37)notable wine list (34)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Beautiful marina viewsGerpVIPDined on 8/24/2014The setting in Oak Bay Marina is lovely. The circle bi-level restaurant provides great views from every table. There is a raised bar in the center and a sushi bar in the back ( no views from the sushi bar). The primarily fish menu has interesting selections tha t you don't see everywhere. The food is well prepared and the service was friendly, helpful and efficient. An excellent experience - nice to get away from the tourist crowds in downtown Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the price - not good enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014First off the service is stellar. Food however needs improvement. For $36 for the tenderloin,it really needs to be cooked to perfection. Mine was over done.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Sturgeon was delicious, but the lamb no so much. There appeared to be very few servers and as a consequence rather slow service. View as always lovely.Special Features:
- The Brunch Spot in VictoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Whenever we visit Victoria, we schedule a visit to the Sunday Brunch. Food is very good, our service has always been exceptional and of course the view of the marina and bay is outstanding. It is a relaxing time and such a fun time with friends. A high light of our visits here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside findLoveitVIPDined on 8/21/2014The Marina Restaurant never disappoints. The interior design is comfortable and artistic, capitalizing on the spectacular view of the marina and ocean. The menu is fresh and creative, featuring a good variety of fish and seafood and daily specials. There are other good choices for those who don't eat seafood. Service is professional and courteous. Definitely a wonderful restaurant to have in the neighbourhood!Special Features:
- our guests were very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014we selected the marina for a good view for dinner for special and discerning guests on the event of a birthday; our guests were very happy with the quality and presentation of the food selections and the wine offerings; we were not disappointedSpecial Features:
- Quiet, West Coast ElegancealwaysluckyDined on 8/18/2014The Marina is one if those restaurants that is hard to pigeon hole. It isn't pretentious, bot it is elegant. It isn't noisy, but it has a sense of vibrancy. It simply'is'. The menu is not extensive nor particularly innovative, but every item seems to be well thought out and nicely balanced with the rest of the menu. You get the sense that management and kitchen figured out what works and are wise enought to stick with it. The portions are good and the food is tasty. There is plenty of space between tables so it is ideal for a private conversation between friends or a business lunch with an important client. The wait staff are unobtrusive. Food and beverages arrive at the table and dishes are cleared almost by magic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingTartanDined on 8/17/2014We ordered the grilled halibut dish, and it was tasteless, as was the sauce, the vegetables were indifferent, and the crime brûlée was not cartelized, but burned. Next time well stick to the shushi, which is always excellent.We certainly were disappointed as we had brought guest from out of town to our favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Visited for our wedding anniversary. Food was wonderful, flavourful and delicious. Our server was great, polite, helpful and on point. Overall, a great experience and would recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- Repeat guest again happy!SusanDined on 8/15/2014We were given an appropriate choice of tables given our request for a window table. The service was appropriate - we were asked regularly if we required anything but the service staff were not intrusive. The service staff were appropriately friendly and professional. The food was very good and the menu has a reasonable range of options. All in all a great experience! I thought that the service and responsiveness to the table request was better than I have experienced as a dinner guest booking directly through the restaurant and therefore would book through Open Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We live in England and were visiting Victoria for the day to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. We chose this restaurant because it served seafood and also because it was located away from the main touristy areas. The food was good and our waitress was exceptionally pleasant, helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Chowder disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Chowder was not that good versus competition and well below the other food that night.Special Features:
- DisappointingferikovDined on 8/10/2014Despite the nice location and pleasant view the overall experience fell short of expectations; food quality was only OK - marginally and service was very poor. Server seemed like she didn't want to be at work; did not introduce herself and had no name tag. Was slow in tending to table after seating. Salmon had a strong fishy smell and was overcooked; dry even. Also not sure rice is the best side for salmon. Will not return to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurewwmarieDined on 8/8/2014We love to go to the Marina to celebrate birthdays. It is just that extra special setting overlooking the Marina and the waterfront facing the Olympic peninsula. The service is good, the food is always good and the view is wonderful.Special Features:
- good food priceyKENALANDined on 8/6/2014Very good food, but pricey for what you get. Where out of some main courses which was bad for a Wednesday night. Very busy place, need reservations. Great views of marina and ocean.Special Features:
- The Marina maintains its excellencePatersonDined on 8/6/2014Dining once again at the Marina, it is reassuring to find that they are maintaining their standards of excellence. Great views, great food and great service. Deservedly, it has a great reputation for seafood, but their other dishes are wonderful. My guests dietary concerns will efficiently dealt with. I unhesitatingly recommend the Marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shrimperDined on 8/3/2014we are repeat customers for lunch and brunch. this time we had table 24 and found it cramped as we were physically brushed by people and servers on both sides. our plates were changed in timely fashion but we were not offered a drinks menu or asked if we would like juice with our meal. the coffee was inferior and the bacon too salty. otherwise the food choices were excellent, especially the seafood. the buffet staff were wonderful but we felt somewhat ignored by our table waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We started with a salad (me) and tuna tartar (him). Both starters were lovely but the tuna was particularly divine. Then for mains we had halibut cheeks and a tenderloin. The cheeks were so so good but the tenderloin was fine. If I could recommend anything about this restaurant I'd say stick to the fish and you can't go wrong. Location is beautiful - perfect place for an after-dinner walk along the water.Special Features:
- Too Expensive for what I gotLuv2eatDined on 8/2/2014$28.00 for grilled lamb which consisted of two small slices which might have been 4 ounces of meat. I ordered a Perfect Rob Roy for a pre-dinner cocktail which was sent back for incorrect mix. The second time I gave up and kept it. Several people at nearby tables were ordering appetizers and then leaving. We should have done the same. Our daughter and her family live just a few blocks away from the Marina and we have been to the restaurant a number of times in the past. There has apparently been a significant change in the business model. The last time was about one year ago and was enjoyable both from the portions served and the capabilities of the bar. Based on our most recent experience, I will be hard pressed to return.Special Features:
- Food was OK but not worth the priceEatoutalotDined on 7/30/2014We had a friendly server, the evening was beautiful, the view was lovely and the restaurant comfortable, clean and quiet. However, the food was just so-so. We had the special - Halibut with lime butter, dry and overcooked. Came with quinoa and veggies, very plain. I had to ask for lemon to "juice it up". Had to ask for an ice bucket for our white wine which was just placed in the middle of the table. And really, at those prices (1 bottle of cheap wine, 1 bottle of beer and 1 cocktail, 3 entrees, dessert and 4 appys - over $300) it shouldn't be necessary to scoop up the extra cutlery and glasses like at a family restaurant - distracting. So I'd rate the overall experience about a 5 out of 10 and mostly for the view.Special Features:
- Great experience in VictoriacalmalDined on 7/27/2014We were very impressed with this restaurant. We had a table next to the window overlooking the docks with a great view of Mt Baker in the background. They accommodated our request for a table by the window, even though we made our reservation at the last minute. The food was quite good and the service was excellent. We had decided to go out for the evening on the spur of the moment and we certainly made the correct choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodSeafoodsupperDined on 7/26/2014We went for dinner at 7:30. The wait staff were very attentive and the food was amazing, both appetizer and main course. One complaint is that there was a long time between appetizer and main course. The table next to us started after and were finished eating before we got our food. But, all the staff was friendly and very attentive when serving us. The table and view were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodDined on 7/26/2014great food and good service, gets a bit hot when the sun hits the windows, need better air conditioningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014my out of town guests were gushing with enthusiasm - the food, the view, the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch is divineAchoDined on 7/20/2014If you have never been to the Oak Bay Marina, you need to go at least twice. Once for dinner and once for their Sunday brunch. They have a huge selection of breakfast and lunch options (vegetarians included). Large selection of desserts, seafood, and the best hash browns I've ever had. They do enforce a 2 hour sitting limit for guests. I get that, and although the host said it to us in a polite manner, it still wasn't nice to basically be kicked out. I'm a slow eater in general and I had friends with me, so we were bound to talk a lot while working through our food. We were about 3 min over the 2 hour limit. In this type of dining setting and for what they charge their guests, I still did not appreciate getting the boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014This place is simply fantastic, amazing, reservation recommended for Sunday brunch, kid friendly (under 5 eats free!)Special Features:
- Very saltyFood4thotDined on 7/18/2014I love sable fish and this time it was so salty that is was barely edible. Too bad, because the texture was perfect as were the sides.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysPatersonDined on 7/18/2014It is always a pleasure to return to The Marina. Excellent food, well prepared and a good wine list. The service is attentive and one is not rushed. Relaxing though the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- Warm and invitingalberta01bearDined on 7/17/2014We celebrated our 35 th wedding anniversary...we were served in a timely manner, the staff were friedly, knowledgeable and highly efficient in ther job. The menu did a disservice to the actual food delivered to our table. The food was exquisite, well prepared, properly seasoned and presented as if it were a photo take for a gourmet magazine. The seafood was fresh, tasty and delightfully wonderful as well as the paired wine served with the meal. The desserts were decadent and delicious. Staff offered to take photos of our special evening ....it was a highly memorable experience.Special Features:
- Marina RestaurantDaveDined on 7/16/2014Food and service were very good. Had halibut which was tasty but a very small portion for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant90birthdayDined on 7/15/2014Had a wonderful Surprise 90th Birthday for my Mother; relatives from Alberta enjoy the food and service. Everyone had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Sea side spot1SeadogDined on 7/14/2014We enjoy the Marina because it provides a fine opporuntiy for super sea food which is well presented in a unique setting by a pleasant professional staff.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing.Butterfly59Dined on 7/12/2014The staff was friendly and obliging but attention to details were missing. The menu featured a lot of fish but wasn't very creative. My husband and I aren't picky eaters but had trouble finding anything that really appealed to us. We chose the crab. At market price, it was $45 each and came with a small coleslaw-like salad and a basket of French fies. We enjoyed it well enough but were a bit surprised at this combination of foods at this level of restaurant. We didn't have desert but the desert menu looked a bit more creative and interesting.nThat being said, the view is lovely and the staff are very friendly. I probably wouldn't go back for dinner, but might try lunch or their weekend lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pretty setting for a nice dinner2onthetownDined on 7/11/2014A lovely setting on the waterfront away from downtown Victoria, the Marina offers consistently good service and menus. We were not 'wowed' with the taste experience, as one should expect to be when paying over $100 for dinner for two, but it was pretty good and we will more than likely return for the ambiance and attentive service.Special Features:
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014My "natural beef burger" was undercooked - still red and cool in the middle and was too big to eat easily, while the salads seemed small by comparison. The wine by the glass selections seemed expensive. The wait staff was trying too hard to the point of being obsequious. The large room was so loud and the tables so close together that we could barely hear each other - maybe it was the multi-table family reunion seated right next to us! We had chosen this restaurant because we had had a very enjoyable experience there just a few weeks earlier. We had had a pleasant, efficient server, well-prepared dishes and we had enjoyed a quiet lunch.Special Features:
- RobRytesDined on 7/9/2014An acquaintance had recommended this restaurant as a lovely place to have lunch. Consequently three couples from three corners of the province gathered to have lunch, to have a visit with each other and naturally to do a lot of chatting. The lunch items were all delicious, the setting was very scenic, but the chatting was a bit difficult as the "background sounds" made it difficult to hear each other sometimes. Over all, it was a lovely experience and we will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- GratitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Dined on Tuesday evening with out of town guests. Exceptional presentation of Qualicum scallops and the baked Fanny Bay oysters. Very satisfied with the salmon and halibut dinners and extremely pleased with the selection of Naramata Bench wines and the consultation with your sommelier. Met other out of town acquaintances there who had been recommended by the concierge at the Empress to their eventual delight! I miss your "dining on the docks", love your sushi bar and w/e buffet brunch and attend with confidence when we want a spot that delivers! Well done!Special Features:
- first timerBiffDined on 7/6/2014My first time going for brunch and it was fantastic! The food was amazing and even though I'm a Victoria resident the views always amaze me especially while have a fantastic brunch. The food was plentifull,great tasting,plenty of options and the dessert bar was to die for.Special Features:
- Limited lunch itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Our reservation was for 1:30 for 4 people. They were out of two of the four lunch items ordered. We chose this restaurant based on the menu online, the items ordered were not considered a daily special, therefore should be a stocked menu item. We will not return.Special Features:
- BemusedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I had booked a 1:45 pm brunch reservation on line (latest possible to accommodate a member of our party. Someone called and confirmed and said that , while it was later than usual, they would honor the reservation. I called again to add 2 to our reservation and was told that it would be best, in terms of food choices and the fact that we would end up being the last ones there, if we woul change the reservation to 1pm. I did, we arrived at 12:50 and were not seated until 1:30.....Special Features: