Marina Kitchen - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
333 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
Marina Kitchen - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/sandt-san-diego
- Phone: (619) 699-8222
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - 6:30 am
Lunch - 11:30
Dinner - 5:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Aron Schwartz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Marina Kitchen - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marina Kitchen - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Efficient and friendlyMarkDined on 11/22/2014We had a conference group meeting early on Saturday. Service was excellent. Food prompt and we'll presented. It was a perfect breakfast meeting. Trestle tables with benches might not be the most comfortable for a long meal. But overall, excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business BreakfastReedDined on 11/4/2014Nice spot for early business breakfast next door to the convention center.Special Features:
- Don't eat at the Marina KitchenTeameckVIPDined on 10/25/2014There is only a few words to say about the Marina Kitchen 1. Food - I have had better dinners at Coco's Restaurant 2. Service - There were only about ten people in the restaurant,we saw our waitress to take the order and drop off the check.
- Excellent dinnerCHARNDREWDined on 10/13/2014This place has a great ambience and good food. Portions are smallish but delicious. Bread Pudding is DIVINE!!! Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!nindrewDined on 10/2/2014I had a group of guys in town that wanted the best meal of their life in San Diego...so I brought them to Marina Kitchen! They are still talking about how wonderful the night was! They loved the oysters, seared ahi, and potato chip appetizers. For the entrees, the short rib pasta and fish special was a huge hit. We also had Josh, the Sommelier, help us pair our food with wine which topped off the experience. Lastly, the makers mark milkshakes and bread pudding to finish off the meal made this night UNFORGETTABLE! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Find7781Dined on 9/28/2014The food was delicious, well priced, great, I will go againSpecial Features:
- NiceJdinsdVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a nice evening with friends. A little surprised that it was very quiet for a holiday weekend. Food was good, but not spectacular. Service was a bit spotty. The server did not know the menu well and there was a bar T trainee (on a holiday weekend)...Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Marina Kitchen - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina reviews archive.
- Best Breakfast during Comic-ConOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/25/2014Marina Kitchen is a restaurant inside the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. + Great breakfast buffet with fresh omelets and more + Good service, coffee and juice always full + Scenic views of the marinaSpecial Features:
- Buffet only! Ran out of main dish.KateVIPDined on 7/4/2014We made reservations for the 4th of July, and nowhere did they mention that the only option available would be a limited buffet of picnic food. And, they ran out of the main meat item. We were promised that it was being subsituted with prime rib, but the prime rib was not made available after a 45 minute wait. As a result, we missed the beginning of the fireworks show. We were very disappointed.
- Business lunchRussDined on 6/23/2014Marina provided a pleasant location for an important two person business lunch linked to a major convention at the adjacent convention center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EverythingnindrewDined on 6/7/2014I took my Aunt here around sunset to enjoy dinner on the terrace. The food and service was amazing. They truly take pride in all of their food, she wanted farm to table and that was exactly what we got! Thank you and we will be back!Special Features:
- Ok breakfastStaceyBDined on 5/27/2014I had a breakfast meeting here during a recent conference. The good was fine and the view (ask to sit by the windows facing the marina) was great. Service was terrible and we never got the coffee refills one much needs at an 8:00am breakfast meeting. A nice touch, however, was the offer of a coffee to go as we were leaving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.vhillmdDined on 5/15/2014Made reservations based on the ratings from Yelp and San Diego Magazine. It is not a busy place and not much of a view ( hotel pool). Loved the service, however the food is just OK. Decent Hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing overall experienceChristopheDined on 4/2/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. The food, service and ambiance were excellent. My family and I were visiting San Diego for the week, staying at the Marriott Marquis and decided to try Roy's simply due to proximity to the hotel, but we were astounded at the views, service and quality of food. It isn't the cheapest meal you will ever have, but I would personally guarantee it will be memorable. Our server was a delight, the food was fresh, cooked to perfection and very well presented. I absolutely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- excellent buffet- good variation.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014excellent buffet- good variation. Waffles a bit to crispy. Fruit was excellent and so were the mini almond muffins-Special Features:
- Hash- was not what I expected-OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014Hash- was not what I expected- at all- it was more like a beef stew- but man it was goooooodSpecial Features:
- Thank you!AcademyAAIDined on 3/2/2014Dining room great. Staff wonderful, food unique Impressed to say the leastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner! We had 11 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Great dinner! We had 11 people including 5 kids and they accommodated us last minute on a Saturday night. Staff was so nice and helpful and brought out free pickle/prosciutto snacks before the meal. Very nice restaurant and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayTheGuzDined on 2/14/2014I may be unfair to review a restaurant based on a very busy day like St. Valentine's Day. However, I will state the food was really good. The staff was very friendly, but waited an hour for the main meal. The food portion was very small. Needless to say, I was hungry afterwards. They had a three course meal and charged $55 per individual. In summation, the food portion was small and waited too long for the main meal. For a dinner for two that cost $155, I expected faster service and not to remain hungry after the meal. Again food was really good. Desert was less than enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How was it?MailizDined on 1/31/2014The atmosphere and service was good. While the local vegetables were a nice mix of different types, they were drowning in oil. Ruined the flavor and health aspect of eating fresh vegetables. The jidori chicken was disappointing - too much breading.nog their best meal.Special Features:
- Seriously impressedComechurroDined on 1/30/2014Went out for restaurant week menu was incredible wanted to try everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapponting lunchreviewerVIPDined on 1/1/2014I made reservations for lunch for New Year's Day. When we arrived, the host took us to our table. The table had a great view, however, that was the end of the good service. The server simply never looked our way, and the host and her assistant similarly were ignoring us. Keep in mind that the restaurant was half full at best. Finally, I gave up and went to the host. She apologized and sent the server over to us. We ordered two entrees and "warm potato chips with melted cheese". All three arrived at the same time, but that wasn't a problem. The entrees were fine, but the warm potato chips were room temperature and the cheese was a congealed mess. That was also the last we saw of our server, forcing me to again get up and request service.
- Great Food, Great ViewAndyCDined on 12/14/2013Enjoyed your buffet breakfast. A great spot for a meeting over breakfast before going to our conference next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for our groupAndyCDined on 12/12/2013We had a great meal before returning to our conference next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good with niceJoeyDined on 10/20/2013Food was very good with nice presentation. Attentive service. Satisfying portions. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server RecommendationVirginiaBDined on 9/22/2013Our server gave us a great recommendation for dinner - it was delicious!Special Features:
- A Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2013They did a really good job of paying attention to what was said regarding likes and dislikes, and changed the items accordingly! Example: Wife didn't like poached egg on top of the spinach salad, so they heard that, and placed a hard boiled one on top for her! Unfortunately, the remainder of the service portion was just fair. All the food was very good, but a little high priced for the meals. Not really up to the high standards for restaurants in the area, but if you do not feel like leaving the hotel upon your stay, it is just fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLizTDined on 9/1/2013I took my husband here for his birthday and as a part of the hotel package. The service we received was excellent since the staff were very attentive, everyone introduced themselves, and even the chef came out to greet us at the end of our meal. The table we reserved had an excellent view of the marina and we were able to see the fireworks during dinner.Special Features:
- Non-plussed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013I will not go back...In town for Comic Con and this restaurant was recommended in San Diego magazine as one of the 3 best hotel restaurants in the city...The food was good although the menu was abbreviated for the busy weekend...The service was fair although not once but twice food was brought to our table that we hadn't ordered...Staff seemed overwhelmed and confused...Biggest problem was that, although we had reservations and the place wasn't full, we were escorted to the table in the furthest back room near the kitchen doors...The bright lighting, furnishings and in-bussed tables looked more like a Denny's at the end of a long day than a fine dining restaurant...And to add insult to injury, my wine glass was sticky!!
- Great views and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2013Had a great dinner buffet as part of their 4th of July special. The food was good and very fresh. Service was very good. The restaurant has great views and a nice outdoor seating area that looks over the San Diego Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desperately Seeking a New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/18/2013This restaurant is not going to make it unless they change the Chef. Although its located in a hotel, the Maina Kitchen is trying to be an upscale one of a kind dining experience. It has everything going for it: gorgeous views, expensive build-out and solid service...the only problem is the food. The bread was store-bought Hawaiin bread not homemade rolls. The Jidori Fried Chicken & Waffles was so bland I didn't eat it (why bother consuming the calories?) and the maple-vinegar sauce was just plain weird. The final insult was the Mocha Peacan pie which should have knocked my socks off wasn't fresh - it was at least a couple days old. Either the GM isn't providing the budget for the Chef to buy and freshly prepare food or the Chef is a hack.
- Great Brunch PlaceSeafoodfanVIPDined on 6/16/2013This restaurant is located at the Marriott Marquis. The food and service was good! I would recommend the breakfast/brunch spread that they have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for private eventskpaytonDined on 6/10/2013The private rooms are wonderful. The service and food was tasty and fresh! Really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013taste of the food was pretty good. not too much variety or selection of food considering the price. spend a little bit more and get your fill elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Amazing Brunch!ClassySDDined on 5/12/2013Best Brunch in San Diego! The Marina Kitchen is perfect! What a wonderful location, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner or just Drinks and a nibble.... I recommend this lovely restaurant to anyone! Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy servicejobhappyDined on 5/11/2013but worth it overall. It was very convenient to walk to from the SD Convention Ctr. The fish dishes, sandwiches, soups were all homemade and very good! I highly suggest the pizza, fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A huge disappointmentTonyVIPDined on 5/10/2013Food was nothing more or better than any other hotel all purpose restaurant. Service was extremely slow. Our server was not familiar with the menu to the point of repeatedly providing misinformation and having to come back and provide correctionSpecial Features:
- We fined FRI & SAT, & SATOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We fined FRI & SAT, & SAT NIGHT... SAT NIGHT was terrible, our waitress was NOT good. FRI & SAT AM were absolutely perfect. Really great!! ThxSpecial Features:
- Convenient Conference Lunch Spotdmlehman6VIPDined on 4/15/2013I hosted a business luncheon for 6 at the Marina Kitchen during an industry conference taking place in the Marriott. It was convenient for attendees, and they seated us in a semi-private area behind a separator wall, so our conversation was fairly comfortable even though the restaurant in general is quite noisy. Service was fairly prompt- especially considering it was a convention hotel that was full - and guests seemed to enjoy their choices. My black bean veggie burger was less than stellar, but edible. I would not order it again. It was somewhat bland. The prices were fair. I would recommend this spot if you want convenience, affordable food for working lunch.Special Features:
- We conducted a speaker reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2013We conducted a speaker review here prior to a program. They accommodated my request for a round table for 6 people. The service was great, though the food was nothing to write home about. We waited 40 minutes for our breakfast and when it came the eggs were not hot. The portion size was perfect and the fruit was fresh. The coffee pot was never empty and our server was easily found when we needed something. Bottom line, great service - food was so-so.Special Features: