Marina Grog & Galley - Lake Lotawana
22 A St
Gate 1 at Waters Edge
Lake Lotawana, MO 64086Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Marina Grog & Galley - Lake Lotawana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://marinagrogandgalley.com/
- Phone: 8165785511
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Amy Presson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Marina Bay Club offers pre-fix dining for 12-16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Presson 8773390685
A word from Marina Grog & Galley - Lake Lotawana
Located on beautiful Lake Lotawana, the Marina Grog and Galley has an atmosphere all its own. Cozy yet elegant, our restaurant is sure to entice the senses. Come join us soon in one of our three dining rooms or enjoy the saltwater aquariums in the lounge. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marina Grog & Galley - Lake Lotawana reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Lakeside Restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2013Loved the menu, service was excellent. Love the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013On my reservation, I noted it was our Anniversary, when we arrived the hostess was told to escort us to the Captains Galley(quiet room with a view). She said Happy Anniversary to us, which was a nice touch. They reviews were very mixed here, so I wondered if this was the right choice as seeing it would be an expensive meal, but I am happy that we made the trip out. My husband had escargot, which he loved, which came with warm bread. He also ordered the crab casolet and wedge salad. The casolet was loaded with crab, and was yummy and very cheesy. I had the chicken and lobster roulade, which was very good and had a delicate sauce over it. We finished with a warm blackberry cobbler. Our waiter Vincent was very good, and personable.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2013Overall, my wife and I had a very pleasant dinner. Our food was delicious. The only surprise came when we received the bill. We had an up charge when we asked for an alternative to the greenbeans that are cooked with bacon (we do not eat bacon). We would have ordered the alternative vegetable anyway but a notice from our waitress would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're looking for a restaurantCubaDined on 5/14/2013If you're looking for a restaurant out of the norm, this is it. Great Service and super friendly staff. You HAVE to try the Baked Brie appetizer....it's to die for. You can dine with great food selections while overlooking the lake and enjoying the owners prize fish tank and collection of light houses. It's definitely a notch above the norm.Special Features:
- The view is not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Lovely lakeside dining outside the Kansas City metro. The decor needs updating.The food is horriby overpriced; prices are comparible to notable KC steakhouses but do not offer the quality or flavor one would expect with entrees $30 and up. Steak and lobster for $79! I ordered a 6oz filet mignon which was served with forgettable potatoes au gratin and what tasted like mushy canned green beans. All the entrees were served with the green beans. The steak was prepared to my specification and tasty. The chicken and lobster roulade was tasty but dry. My mother was happy with this Mother's Day meal and we enjoyed visiting on the deck after our meal. However, the next time I spend over $100 on lunch, rest assured it will be at the Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Waiter staff did a great job. StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Waiter staff did a great job. Stuff shrimp was just ok- little tough Pork chops very good Steak very good Disappointed in green beans and au gratin potatoes, they were more home style then upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsLaurenDined on 5/11/2013This dinner was a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday -- he absolutely loved it! The restaurant is older, but beautiful; it almost looks like a yacht club. Though window seating is hard to come by, we had a table close enough to see the view of the lake (which is gorgeous). Curt was our waiter and he was nothing short of fantastic. He was very attentive and had great recommendations for us. The food was great as well -- I can't think of a single thing I would change. We started with bacon-wrapped scallops, which were amazing. I had the chicken and lobster roulade and my boyfriend had stuffed pork chops. Neither of us were disappointed and we can't wait to go back (especially when it's warmer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Local Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013Love Marina Grog and Galley! A little gem off the beaten path at Lake Lotawana. Go for a cocktail on the patio and finish the experience off with a lovely dinner in one of their charming dinning areas. Thank you Jack for all the wonderful experiences we have had at your lovely establishment, your personal touch is always appreciated and we will continue to come back as often as we can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013Seafood excellent. Server very attentive. Wine pairing excellent. Patio overlooking lake w/ great sunset view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a center table for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2013Had a center table for two and felt like we were in the way of everyone. Lobster was chewy and did not taste fresh. Alaskan King Crab was fantastic!!!! Love to look out over the lake.Special Features:
- Waterfront dining in KCAdmiralbirdDined on 5/5/2013A former boat repair yard & gas dock redesigned well to become a unique waterfront restaurant. MG&G draws patrons from all over the metro area due to its waterfront location, good food and affable owner Jack Schwindler, who is usually there greeting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For $175 3 of us ate. TheLaurieDined on 5/3/2013For $175 3 of us ate. The crab was excellent but the steak was too sweet (sauce), pork was over cooked and the side dishes were BAD! Canned green beans and bland, mushy rice pilaf for that price?! No way!
- Curt gave us excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2013Curt gave us excellent service. Everything was great from the appetizer through dessert. We really save this place for special occasions because it is pricey. Owner very involved in the business and personable.Special Features:
- Although it is quite a driveswarrenDined on 4/25/2013Although it is quite a drive for us to get to Marina Grog and Galley, we always feel it's always worth it. We were seated on time and had a great waitress. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Last time I'm coming here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2013Last time I'm coming here. Food is getting worse each time. The chef doesn't know how to prepare foods - everything is overdone.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2013I rated a "3" for food because we ordered calamari and it was out of this world good...long fat sticks, rather than "squid looking" and circles. I ordered the filet and lobster combo w/ au gratin potatoes and green beans. Well, the steak was cooked med-rare but it was cold(had to send it back), lobster was tough, potatoes looked/tasted like they'd been cooked and left sitting in a pan for hours (they were warm though), and the green beans were cold and bitter. The service was good. However, even though we mentioned it was our 15 yr anniversary when we made the reservation, (as well as when we arrived), they still did NOTHING to celebrate that. No desert, appetizer, candle, "Happy anniversary", etc. Very dissapointed in that.Special Features:
- Poor service.KCWarriorDined on 4/10/2013Planned a special anniversary evening. Requested outside or window dinning when making the reservation. We did get a window, in the corner. There were open seat outside but when we asked if we could move they said there were none available. The ones we saw remained empty our entire evening. After dinner, we asked if we could side outside for an after dinner drink. It was a beautiful evening to overlook the water. Unfortunately, our server said she checked and there was no seating available ourside. As we left, we walked by the outdoor are to find many people sitting there, with many more open seats available. Very dissappointing. We have looked forward to going there for several years, now we won't go back.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful fromTERRYVIPDined on 3/30/2013Everything was wonderful from our cocktails to our dinner very nice atmosphere very friendly.Special Features:
- Was very impressed. We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Was very impressed. We have never been to this restaurant. We decided since we would use a Groupon just to see if it was worth it. And we are very happy to say that even without a Groupon we will still go back. Worth the drive and the cost. Food was awesome! Wait staff was awesome! Thanks!Special Features:
- We went to enjoy a late nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013We went to enjoy a late night dinner and have a wonderful experience. Food was great as was the service. Would recommend Marina Grog & Galley to everyone.Special Features:
- It was a bit cold in the upperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2013It was a bit cold in the upper area where we were seated. The waitress did try to turn the fire place on nut it would not light. Unable to move due to the restaurant being at at capacity.Special Features:
- A Really Pleasant Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2013Having read many negative reviews of the restaurant, I was very skeptical in dining there for my first visit. Even though the restaurant was extremely busy the evening we were there, my dining partner & I both agreed that the entire experience proved to be a really nice occasion. Our food choices were delicious, the service was professional as well as friendly, and most importantly, we didn't experience any of the problems or disappointments that others had complained about in their reviews. We'll definitely return once the weather warms so we can hopefully dine outside on the large deck overlooking the lake.Special Features:
- I had the most wonderful steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2013I had the most wonderful steak I've had in KC and I've had steak at the most famous steak places in KC. My husband is a pork fan and he had the stuffed pork chop and it was extremely good. The sides were delicious also. Our waiter was very attentive and explained the menu without hesitation. The restaurant itself needs a little polishing up, but all in all it was a wonderful experience and I would feel comfortable entertaining out of town guests here.Special Features:
- Service and the food weredwspringDined on 3/26/2013Service and the food were outstanding. We would enjoy coming back again. We used a groupon.Special Features:
- The dinner was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2013The dinner was excellent. What else does one go for?Special Features:
- Have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013Have been to this restaurant 6-8 times....always good, and very relaxing being by the lake...Special Features:
- They say they are known forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013They say they are known for the prime rib and that it's supposed to be the best. I ordered the 12oz and it was the toughest prime rib I have ever had. I couldn't carry on a conversation with my date because it was so loud in the dining room. I had to yell just for him to hear me. He was very disappointed in the 8oz filet mignon that he ordered. He said the meat had no flavor. We ordered the chocolate cake with our meal and the server didn't put it in. Which was fine since the other food was horrible.
- Overpriced for the quality,WAYNEDined on 3/22/2013Overpriced for the quality, over promised, under delivered. Excited about this restaurant, disappointed when we left.
- We consider ourselves extremeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013We consider ourselves extreme foodies. So, I was surprised that we had never been to Marina Grog & Galley, given that we don't live that far away (Lee's Summit). Wonderful menu. Excellent food, but pricey. Definitely worth the money if you get a to enjoy the ambiance. We were there on a Friday night. Disappointed that we couldn't get a table by the lake, the aquariums or the fire. It was cold, so dining out on the beautiful patio overlooking the lake was not an option. Instead, we were placed at a table for two, crammed between two other very close tables. We had no pivacy and overheard everything on either side of us. And, the service felt very rushed. Enjoyed the meal, disaapointed with everything else.Special Features:
- The wait staff was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2013The wait staff was wonderful. The food not so much. I had ordered scallops. I figured they would have some sort of flavor. The scallops and the sauce they were in were very bland. My husband's crab augratin was good. The high light of my meal was the green beans. I would not recommend this place to friends. Way too expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- OK Food, High Prices..audia6tqDined on 3/21/2013This was our first time dining at the Marina Grog & Galley, and probably our last. We found the service good. The food however, was only fair to average and the price point too high for the quality. The dining room seems as if its lost in time with the music and decor stuck back in the 60's. I imagine the patio by the lake would be a good place to hang our for cocktails in warmer weather.Special Features:
- Phenomenal! Our 1st time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2013Phenomenal! Our 1st time at the Marina and we were treated like Royalty by the Owner. Detailed info on the spectacular coral reefs, recommendations on food & appetizers (bacon wrapped scallops to die for), and a perfectly seared filet and smoky glass of old vine Zin made for a wonderful evening. We'll be back soon & often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We had a wonderful experience dining here and will plan to return!Special Features:
- The grog is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The grog is one of our favorite places to go and eat. We live in Lees Summit and it is close to get good food. The steaks are outstanding although somewhat over priced. Last visit I wanted something different and ordered the Duck. I had never eaten Duck and after having tried it I won't be eating it again. All in all the food is good, the service is excellent and we will eat at the grog and galley many more times in the future.
- As always, our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013As always, our experience at MG&G was wonderful! The food and service were exceptional. Our location was very comfortable. Overall a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- We say: Try Marina Grog & Galley!JandMDined on 3/15/2013We're back...and we'll be back again. We really like this place. We had a quiet dining room where we could talk without shouting or bothering other patrons. Good food - good wine. Tasty creme brulee!Special Features:
- Adult diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Nice view of Lake Lotawana. Adult atmosphere with a wonderful menu of seafood and steaks. Expensive-be prepared to spend $150 a couple.Special Features:
- We love to go to the MarinaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013We love to go to the Marina Grog & Galley, great food, very nice atmosphere. We were celebrating our anniversay.Special Features:
- This was our first time tojayceeVIPDined on 3/8/2013This was our first time to Marina Grog and Galley. Everyone was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The food was excellent - recommend the cheese and meat appetizer. A really pleasant experience!
- The food was perfect as wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013The food was perfect as well the service and Ambiance. Thank you.Special Features: