901 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (612) 252-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Rakun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marin now offers Boxed Lunches ... visit our www.marinrestaurant.com for additional information.
- Private Party Facilities: Marin's private dining room is the perfect setting for your next business breakfast, lunch or dinner, birthday party, rehearsal dinner or any special occasion. We offer two private dining rooms, one accommodating up to 24 people for a sit down event and the other ideal for groups up to 28 people.
Marin also offers our Library Bar for cocktail reception for groups up to 125 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tara Heisler email@example.com 9524571220x
- Entertainment: The Library
Live DJ Friday and Saturday 9pm- close
- Special Events: Happy Hour
Monday-Saturday 3pm- 6pm
$6 Select Wine
$5 Call Cocktails
$3 Draft Beer
1/2 Price Bottles of Wine All Day Sunday *On all bottles $100 and under
A word from Marin
Marin Restaurant & Bar is an inviting combination of Northern California and Minnesota influences. It’s a showcase for inventive, health-conscious cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients served in a beautiful and refined urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Marin reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (94)romantic (57)good for groups (49)notable wine list (47)great for outdoor dining (41)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Healthy and Delicious Slice of Napa in MN!Foodie84Dined on 11/23/2014My husband and I visited Marin on a Sunday evening. We had an eMiles $25 gift certificate to spend, and liked what was featured on the menu. The restaurant had a very warm and relaxing atmosphere, and since it was a Sunday, it was very quiet. Don't skip the cocktails! I ordered the Aviation and loved every sip. Our server was lovely and took her time to explain the concept of the restaurant (Healthy Northern California Cuisine made using NO animal fat). The nutrition information is listed for each dish directly on the menu, which is great for those who are watching their weight, or have special dietary needs (gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, etc.). Several dishes were recommended to us, 3 of which we decided to try. The mushroom flatbread was amazing, the kale salad was light and delicious, and the pork chop was very flavorful and cooked perfectly medium rare. My husband and I shared each dish and we were both full and satisfied by the end of the meal. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert, which I had hoped to try. I would highly recommend dining at Marin the next time you are downtown. It is a bit expensive, but for downtown, we still thought the prices were reasonable for the high quality of food we were served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should try it outJonesatlDined on 11/17/2014Nice place. Very modern and sleek. A little quiet and slow but it was a Monday night. Menu shares a host of health information on each dish and entree which is nice if you are allergic to something or just watching your waistline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy HourxpditeVIPDined on 11/15/2014Stopped in for Happy Hour on a Saturday and found a cozy spot in the Library lounge in the basement. Good was great, service excellent and the space was perfect for hanging out wth friends. Final touch was a personal phone call from the manager the next day to make sure we had enjoyed the evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv Marin!MarieVIPDined on 11/15/2014This was my second time dining at Marin. The service was outstanding and the food great. I'm vegetarian and my friend gluten intolerant. There were many great choices for both of us. The lentils were wonderfully flavorful. The noise level was very reasonable and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My girlfriend and I had a reservation for 6:30, and even though we were a bit late due to traffic/weather, we were seated immediately. Our server was awesome. Very friendly, EXTREMELY helpful in making our decisions on what to get (the menu is just a tad tricky,) and wasn't a constant bother. He knew right when to stop over, and was just awesome. I wish I knew where the slip of paper was I wrote his name on, because I would give him a shout out. It wasn't too pricey, but it's not cheap either. All in all, the bill came to be about 89.00 for a beer, two entrees and a couple appetizers. Oh, and just a word of warning, the apps are small. They taste amazing, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good downtown choiceAfoodiesincebirthVIPDined on 11/14/2014Fantastic kale salad. Roasted carrots, always yummy. Great flatbreads. The new butternut squash ravioli dish on the menu, however, would be better without the odd sauce served with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service & WineTimmerDined on 11/8/2014Our server brought all the right information to the table to help us make excellent decisions about our meals and because of that, we ordered and ate great meals. Yes, the wine list is heavy on California wineries but it works great. And anyway, that's what they're trying to be: Marin! Recommend the (grass fed) tenderloin and the beet salad. Desserts were nearly out of this world.Special Features:
- A wonderful resultDrEeVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a guest accompany us and it was a great experience for them as well as ourselves. Always the most wonderful service by our regular server Brittney and for certain some fantastic food. An monument of thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningbuysellbuysellDined on 11/6/2014Food was simply prepared and delicious. I ordered the pork with quinoa and roasted carrots and thought it might be a gamble because it was one of the more healthy options but it was wonderful. Pork was perfectly done as were the vegetables and yogurt sauce was delicate but flavorful. We also had the smoked chicken flatbread which sounded somewhat boring but was surprisingly tasty. All in all a very good meal with great attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert treatsvenskatjejVIPDined on 11/4/2014Delicous meal. Loved the flavors. You took good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gottaeatDined on 11/2/2014Super convenient location, and quiet enough for business conversation. Food (brunch) was okay. Eggs Benedict would have been fine, but was way, way over-sauced. Great service though.
- Nice but over-pricedJimteVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dinner had to be enlarged as the portions are so very small. Also very expensive, especially considering the lack of quantity. Add the cost of 12% taxes and parking to this and one wonders why anyone comes downtown for a dinner out when the suburbs have great restaurants.
- don't botherSmokeyDined on 10/29/2014we felt the food quality has slipped considerably and drinks were expensive and scantly poured - too bad as the place has a nice atmosphere
- Not impressed with FoodjjohnDined on 10/29/2014I was disappointed in the food. The flavor was lacking, the salad over drenched in acidity. I liked the menu items having the calories and carb/protein/fat content provided. Unfortunately, the chefs need to visit the taste they're putting out.
- Delicious!VickiBDined on 10/26/2014My friend and I celebrated her birthday in Minneapolis, a girls-only getaway. We made brunch reservations. Our waiter was TERRIFIC, and suggested the crab eggs Benedict, which he promised would be "Life changing!" Well, Wilson was not unlike other enthusiastic waiters that I have encountered, so I took that with a grain of salt...BUT HE WAS RIGHT! The crab was abundant and sweet (he mentioned that they strive to use local purveyors whenever possible, so I don't know where they found crab on the Mississippi, but it was GOOD!), and the eggs were cooked PERFECTLY. He brought carrot cake to celebrate, and the whole morning was a success! We will be BACK!Special Features:
- Another awesome experianceDrEeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tried some new dishes and found more fantastic food. Thank you for the great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindSteakandScallopsFanDined on 10/24/2014Found Marin during MSP's restaurant week. We loved the food and would definitely return in the future. Fantastic service from the front greeting staff to our server and others. Enjoyed our experience overall. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekDaveDined on 10/23/2014Specializing in Northern California cuisine, Marin cooks their food without adding any butters or fats so you can taste the freshness of their entrees. Highly recommended. During restaurant week, they offer select bottles of wine for only $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time this month - GreatMarcyDined on 10/21/2014First was for dinner - a birthday celebration. Food was wonderful, service great/knowledgable, quite a delay in getting the desserts out but then they compensated us for the delay. Second time was for lunch during restaurant week. Food again was great but fish tacos were served cold. They were great but it was unexpected since the menu didn't mention that so it took a minute to get used to the idea. Once again it took forever to get the entree out which seemed wierd since there was a limited menu for restaurant week. Both delays did not seem to be because of the server.Special Features:
- Go only for wine & dessertAnniversaryDined on 10/20/2014We met for girls night Monday to try a healthy restaurant. Marin has nice space - the Library bar in the lower level is a great for cocktails - the dining room is clean & contemporary with lots of windows. Our server was attentive (not annoying) however, I asked him about a few items on the menu including wine. He had a hard time providing more than a quick overview of the wine list and when I asked about flavors/seasoning he completely missed the mark. I hated the salad and could only eat one bite. When I told our server he apologized and took it away but did not offer to get me a different salad. When our entrees arrived my steak was slightly overcooked - very disappointing. The dessert is very good but the meal was overpriced.
- Soup was delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014The star of the meal was the soup! Fresh ingredients. Attention to detail. And the warm chocolate chip cookies are a must!Special Features:
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014Food was ok. Salad too salty. Beef tips a bit tough. Our prices were ok since it was restaurant week. But looking over the standard menu we would not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitDrEeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We branched out of our comfort zone and tried another establishment. I have a difficult diet to accommodate and we always are fair on rating all aspects of an encounter. the food was spectacular; accommodating my diet was not an issue. The ambiance is very clean and comfortable. the service was sensational; our server has a great attitude, wonderful character and has wonder social skills. We already booked two more reservations. ;)Special Features:
- Perfect for pre theatre dining!RarelyinmplsDined on 10/16/2014We sat outside and enjoyed happy hour prices since we had to eat early in order to make it to the orpheum on time...it was a lovely evening and the great dinne was just the beginning.Special Features:
- Fantastic!GeorgiagirlVIPDined on 10/16/2014Always wonderful food, great service, multiple scenes, great library bar with mixologist Chad, and all this with healthy tasty out of this world food!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceMaisongDined on 10/15/2014Really appreciated the excellent dining experience myself and friends had. The roasted eggplant ravioli on seasonal vegetables was excellent, as well as the cocktails and desert (we had the tapioca). Our Server was just as excellent and extremely knowledeable of the menu and offered excellent suggestions on making a decision and sides to match. Thank you, will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Good food, just too salty this timeMrDineAlotVIPDined on 10/3/2014We ordered the Apple and beet salad and the scallops entre. Both were good but unfortunately over-salted this time. Honestly, we were a little disappointed as We had a wonderful food experience on our last visit to Marin. Our server was excellent and very attentive. Will probably wait a while before returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding findcomleaderDined on 10/3/2014Stellar food and service. A very fresh menu with many unique and delicious plates. Make sure you try the pear martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr JacksonJackballDined on 9/30/2014Bottom line...the food was fair and the service was terrible!
- Extremely slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Our server showed up promptly; however, things slowed down after that. Drinks took about 20 minutes to be delivered; salads took another 20. Entrees took 30 minutes. Sides were completely forgotten and then showed up after we finished dinner. We had a 6:00 reservation and were attending an 8:00 show. We got to the show 15 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleDined on 9/30/2014The service sucked - we had to wolf our food down in order to make it to the show at the State Theater - even though our waiter asked when we sat down whether we were seeing a show that evening. Very small wine pours for $13/glass. Food was cold when we got it, like it had been sitting out for awhile. Way too expensive for the quality of the food and experience.Special Features:
- Great service,food had problemsSmoothVIPDined on 9/30/2014We had a great server and the setting is nice. Unfortunately the beet salad and a side of Brussels sprouts were heavily treated with ? Lemon juice. A touch would have been nice but there was so much that it over rode any flavor subtlety. The meat dishes were excellent, desserts ok.
- fabulousminimacDined on 9/28/2014My family loved the patio for Sunday morning brunch. The food, service & ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodSteveofoto1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Not sure why I had modest expectations. Perhaps because this restaurant is located in a hotel (Le Meridien). Sophisticated ambience, excellent service. Goose liver pate was great as was my 5 oz tenderloin. Inventive drinks, great desserts. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menudowntowndinerDined on 9/27/2014You can take you pick, and from the duck to the bison, to the ahi they don't miss a beat when it comes to new takes on standard proteins. Nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated 17th Anniversarycelebrating17Dined on 9/27/2014We made a reservation that wasn't necessary because the restaurant was not busy when we arrived. We had informed them of our celebration and I was disappointed that it was not acknowledged by the staff. We sat on the patio, which was beautiful, but over tables because of a party smoking. I'm grateful we moved because later a group of teen girls from the hotel balcony were throwing food onto the restaurant patio, which was gross. Our food was pretty good. The baby kale salad was too vinegary for my taste, the spring rolls were bland, and the prawns were interesting. In hindsight, I would have skipped the salad and appetizers to order 2 plates of lamb chops. They were F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S!! We also had wine and dessert, which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin'sDorothyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was great! Also, I appreciated the attentiveness of the waiter, Chase. The management at Marin's is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Outdoor patioRobertDined on 9/22/2014We sat out on the patio. This is a great outdoor location for summer dining. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- AwesomeJiMBaLaYaDined on 9/21/2014Had a wonderful experience ... service was fantastic ... atmosphere was, as well ... the food was absolutely outstanding ... the next time we are in Minneapolis, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our server James!StPstylistDined on 9/14/2014Six of us had dinner at 4:30 on a Sunday to be able to be at the Orphium by 6:30 for a show. The atmosphere is beautiful! Our server James was very friendly, prompt, very knowledgeable and honest with his favorites on the menu. We all LOVED our food! (and James!) We loved it so much that we came back for dessert and wine after the show! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.