901 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6122527000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Rakun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marin now offers Boxed Lunches ... visit our www.marinrestaurant.com for additional information.
- Private Party Facilities: Marin's private dining room is the perfect setting for your next business breakfast, lunch or dinner, birthday party, rehearsal dinner or any special occasion. We offer two private dining rooms, one accommodating up to 24 people for a sit down event and the other ideal for groups up to 28 people.
Marin also offers our Library Bar for cocktail reception for groups up to 125 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tara Heisler email@example.com 9524571220x
- Entertainment: The Library
Live DJ Friday and Saturday 9pm- close
- Special Events: Happy Hour
Monday-Saturday 3pm- 6pm
$6 Select Wine
$5 Call Cocktails
$3 Draft Beer
1/2 Price Bottles of Wine All Day Sunday *On all bottles $100 and under
A word from Marin
Marin Restaurant & Bar is an inviting combination of Northern California and Minnesota influences. It’s a showcase for inventive, health-conscious cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients served in a beautiful and refined urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Marin reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (137)special occasion (103)romantic (58)great for outdoor dining (57)good for groups (51)notable wine list (50)hot spot (26)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (16)great for brunch (11)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014My friend and I celebrated her birthday in Minneapolis, a girls-only getaway. We made brunch reservations. Our waiter was TERRIFIC, and suggested the crab eggs Benedict, which he promised would be "Life changing!" Well, Wilson was not unlike other enthusiastic waiters that I have encountered, so I took that with a grain of salt...BUT HE WAS RIGHT! The crab was abundant and sweet (he mentioned that they strive to use local purveyors whenever possible, so I don't know where they found crab on the Mississippi, but it was GOOD!), and the eggs were cooked PERFECTLY. He brought carrot cake to celebrate, and the whole morning was a success! We will be BACK!Special Features:
- Another awesome experianceDrEeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tried some new dishes and found more fantastic food. Thank you for the great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindSteakandScallopsFanDined on 10/24/2014Found Marin during MSP's restaurant week. We loved the food and would definitely return in the future. Fantastic service from the front greeting staff to our server and others. Enjoyed our experience overall. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekDaveDined on 10/23/2014Specializing in Northern California cuisine, Marin cooks their food without adding any butters or fats so you can taste the freshness of their entrees. Highly recommended. During restaurant week, they offer select bottles of wine for only $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time this month - GreatMarcyDined on 10/21/2014First was for dinner - a birthday celebration. Food was wonderful, service great/knowledgable, quite a delay in getting the desserts out but then they compensated us for the delay. Second time was for lunch during restaurant week. Food again was great but fish tacos were served cold. They were great but it was unexpected since the menu didn't mention that so it took a minute to get used to the idea. Once again it took forever to get the entree out which seemed wierd since there was a limited menu for restaurant week. Both delays did not seem to be because of the server.Special Features:
- Go only for wine & dessertAnniversaryDined on 10/20/2014We met for girls night Monday to try a healthy restaurant. Marin has nice space - the Library bar in the lower level is a great for cocktails - the dining room is clean & contemporary with lots of windows. Our server was attentive (not annoying) however, I asked him about a few items on the menu including wine. He had a hard time providing more than a quick overview of the wine list and when I asked about flavors/seasoning he completely missed the mark. I hated the salad and could only eat one bite. When I told our server he apologized and took it away but did not offer to get me a different salad. When our entrees arrived my steak was slightly overcooked - very disappointing. The dessert is very good but the meal was overpriced.
- Soup was delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014The star of the meal was the soup! Fresh ingredients. Attention to detail. And the warm chocolate chip cookies are a must!Special Features:
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014Food was ok. Salad too salty. Beef tips a bit tough. Our prices were ok since it was restaurant week. But looking over the standard menu we would not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitDrEeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We branched out of our comfort zone and tried another establishment. I have a difficult diet to accommodate and we always are fair on rating all aspects of an encounter. the food was spectacular; accommodating my diet was not an issue. The ambiance is very clean and comfortable. the service was sensational; our server has a great attitude, wonderful character and has wonder social skills. We already booked two more reservations. ;)Special Features:
- Perfect for pre theatre dining!RarelyinmplsDined on 10/16/2014We sat outside and enjoyed happy hour prices since we had to eat early in order to make it to the orpheum on time...it was a lovely evening and the great dinne was just the beginning.Special Features:
- Fantastic!GeorgiagirlVIPDined on 10/16/2014Always wonderful food, great service, multiple scenes, great library bar with mixologist Chad, and all this with healthy tasty out of this world food!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceMaisongDined on 10/15/2014Really appreciated the excellent dining experience myself and friends had. The roasted eggplant ravioli on seasonal vegetables was excellent, as well as the cocktails and desert (we had the tapioca). Our Server was just as excellent and extremely knowledeable of the menu and offered excellent suggestions on making a decision and sides to match. Thank you, will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Good food, just too salty this timeMrDineAlotVIPDined on 10/3/2014We ordered the Apple and beet salad and the scallops entre. Both were good but unfortunately over-salted this time. Honestly, we were a little disappointed as We had a wonderful food experience on our last visit to Marin. Our server was excellent and very attentive. Will probably wait a while before returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding findcomleaderDined on 10/3/2014Stellar food and service. A very fresh menu with many unique and delicious plates. Make sure you try the pear martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr JacksonJackballDined on 9/30/2014Bottom line...the food was fair and the service was terrible!
- Extremely slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Our server showed up promptly; however, things slowed down after that. Drinks took about 20 minutes to be delivered; salads took another 20. Entrees took 30 minutes. Sides were completely forgotten and then showed up after we finished dinner. We had a 6:00 reservation and were attending an 8:00 show. We got to the show 15 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleDined on 9/30/2014The service sucked - we had to wolf our food down in order to make it to the show at the State Theater - even though our waiter asked when we sat down whether we were seeing a show that evening. Very small wine pours for $13/glass. Food was cold when we got it, like it had been sitting out for awhile. Way too expensive for the quality of the food and experience.Special Features:
- Great service,food had problemsSmoothVIPDined on 9/30/2014We had a great server and the setting is nice. Unfortunately the beet salad and a side of Brussels sprouts were heavily treated with ? Lemon juice. A touch would have been nice but there was so much that it over rode any flavor subtlety. The meat dishes were excellent, desserts ok.
- fabulousminimacDined on 9/28/2014My family loved the patio for Sunday morning brunch. The food, service & ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodSteveofoto1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Not sure why I had modest expectations. Perhaps because this restaurant is located in a hotel (Le Meridien). Sophisticated ambience, excellent service. Goose liver pate was great as was my 5 oz tenderloin. Inventive drinks, great desserts. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menudowntowndinerDined on 9/27/2014You can take you pick, and from the duck to the bison, to the ahi they don't miss a beat when it comes to new takes on standard proteins. Nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated 17th Anniversarycelebrating17Dined on 9/27/2014We made a reservation that wasn't necessary because the restaurant was not busy when we arrived. We had informed them of our celebration and I was disappointed that it was not acknowledged by the staff. We sat on the patio, which was beautiful, but over tables because of a party smoking. I'm grateful we moved because later a group of teen girls from the hotel balcony were throwing food onto the restaurant patio, which was gross. Our food was pretty good. The baby kale salad was too vinegary for my taste, the spring rolls were bland, and the prawns were interesting. In hindsight, I would have skipped the salad and appetizers to order 2 plates of lamb chops. They were F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S!! We also had wine and dessert, which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin'sDorothyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was great! Also, I appreciated the attentiveness of the waiter, Chase. The management at Marin's is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Outdoor patioRobertDined on 9/22/2014We sat out on the patio. This is a great outdoor location for summer dining. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- AwesomeJiMBaLaYaDined on 9/21/2014Had a wonderful experience ... service was fantastic ... atmosphere was, as well ... the food was absolutely outstanding ... the next time we are in Minneapolis, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our server James!StPstylistDined on 9/14/2014Six of us had dinner at 4:30 on a Sunday to be able to be at the Orphium by 6:30 for a show. The atmosphere is beautiful! Our server James was very friendly, prompt, very knowledgeable and honest with his favorites on the menu. We all LOVED our food! (and James!) We loved it so much that we came back for dessert and wine after the show! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin worth every penny100YearsDined on 9/13/2014We chose Marin for a special occasion. We looked at the menu, and were highly intrigued. I liked the health information as well as concept of allowing the food to shine through naturally. We went in with high expectations and have to say Marin surpassed them. The Asparagus salad was absolutely amazing. Sturgeon was the special and one of our selections as well as the Salmon. Again, amazing flavors, beautifully plated! Portions were just right. We were satisfied, not stuffed, so had room for dessert. We recieved a great sample of pistachio ice cream along with the fudge, it just exploded with flavor. Service was pleasant, perfectly attentive and informative. We plan to return. Now... to find an excuse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHappyeaterDined on 9/13/2014Had a fabulous meal. An extra benefit was this restaurant is located just across the street from the Orpheum. Perfect when attending a performance but worth going to eat here just for the great food and service.Special Features:
- AwesomewowbadgerDined on 9/13/2014Like fine dining should be. Presentation of items outstanding, wait staff very professional and made the experience memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Marin was incredible. We had a large group with a pretty demanding set of requests. Marin did not disappoint. It exceeded our expectations. The service was exceptional and the food was great. The staff and the management are pros.Special Features:
- Awesome food, place was deadLoveFoodDined on 9/10/2014Went to Marin at 12:15PM on a weekday - the food and service were outstanding, but it's a big restaurant and was awkwardly quiet. I hope more people go there so Marin stays in business - the ambiance is cool and the food is awesome and I have always had great service...
- longest lunch everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Took two new clients for lunch. Food was fine but the server was inexperienced. I had to send back my first beverage order as it was horrid. Clients ordered desert and it took 30 minutes to come out. I liked the concept, but the food and serviced was not on par with the cost .
- Pre-Show dinnerkeggerDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I ordered a bottle of wine. The wrong wine was poured but our server was very apologetic and gracious about getting the correct bottle. The error did allow us to have a good comparison. The Kale salad was a bit acidic. the olive and artichoke flat bread and Ahi tuna were exceptional. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014We were pleasantly surprised by our first trip to Marin. Quite busy when we arrived due to the Theater traffic. The restaurant nearly emptied out just before. A good time for a reservation would be 7:30 or later. The food was excellent. We has 4 small plates and 4 entrees. Everyone like their food! I am astounding based upon the quality of food that this place was not busy all night! The Ramen, Snapper, Scallops and Duck were great! The Duck Steamed Buns and the Ahi Lettuce Wraps were also very good. My only complaint is the drink pricing comprised of over $100 of our bill. Why do specialty drinks have to cost so much in Minneapolis?Special Features:
- maryDined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent, server was excellent- I love the healthy food options! Happy hour prices for wine and beer were very inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014We were a group of seven. Everything was outstanding except my fish the feature for the evening. It was so overcooked it was dry and hard but I had no time for it to be re-ordered and get to the play on time. I suspect they kept my dish warm while the other dishes were being cooked as the tuna and scallops others were having were cooked perfectly! Either get new heat lamps or undercook fish and let it "cook" under the heat lamps.Special Features:
- Okay nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014Nice try at authentic Nor Cal /MSP Fusion but left a lot to be desired. Lifeless plating Trader Joes flatbread dough. Humbolt Fog, Its Its they are trying but needs some pizzazz!
- Pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2014Great small plates: tuna tartar & prawns. The scallops & Ahi tuna entrées were beautiful and melt-in-mouth excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin on the patio3eateroutVIPDined on 9/1/2014Our 2nd dining experience at Marin was on the patio, which is a great spot. Service was a bit off, as we had a nice but unknowledgeable bartender waiting on us. The food was basically good but a little overly concocted. The prices may have gone up since our initial time eating at Marin & seemed quite expensive.Special Features:
- Good food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014It was our first time at Marin. Loved the small plate of salmon belly and pita with hummus. The flat breads and entries are also excellent. If you are in good sushi or fish in general, order ahi tuna.Special Features: