901 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6122527000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Rakun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marin now offers Boxed Lunches ... visit our www.marinrestaurant.com for additional information.
- Private Party Facilities: Marin's private dining room is the perfect setting for your next business breakfast, lunch or dinner, birthday party, rehearsal dinner or any special occasion. We offer two private dining rooms, one accommodating up to 24 people for a sit down event and the other ideal for groups up to 28 people.
Marin also offers our Library Bar for cocktail reception for groups up to 125 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tara Heisler firstname.lastname@example.org 9524571220x
- Entertainment: The Library
Live DJ Friday and Saturday 9pm- close
- Special Events: Happy Hour
Monday-Saturday 3pm- 6pm
$6 Select Wine
$5 Call Cocktails
$3 Draft Beer
1/2 Price Bottles of Wine All Day Sunday *On all bottles $100 and under
A word from Marin
Marin Restaurant & Bar is an inviting combination of Northern California and Minnesota influences. It’s a showcase for inventive, health-conscious cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients served in a beautiful and refined urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Marin reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (106)great for outdoor dining (72)romantic (63)good for groups (57)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (27)hot spot (26)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (16)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My family loved the patio for Sunday morning brunch. The food, service & ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menudowntowndinerDined on 9/27/2014You can take you pick, and from the duck to the bison, to the ahi they don't miss a beat when it comes to new takes on standard proteins. Nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin'sDorothyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was great! Also, I appreciated the attentiveness of the waiter, Chase. The management at Marin's is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Outdoor patioRobertDined on 9/22/2014We sat out on the patio. This is a great outdoor location for summer dining. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- AwesomeJiMBaLaYaDined on 9/21/2014Had a wonderful experience ... service was fantastic ... atmosphere was, as well ... the food was absolutely outstanding ... the next time we are in Minneapolis, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our server James!StPstylistDined on 9/14/2014Six of us had dinner at 4:30 on a Sunday to be able to be at the Orphium by 6:30 for a show. The atmosphere is beautiful! Our server James was very friendly, prompt, very knowledgeable and honest with his favorites on the menu. We all LOVED our food! (and James!) We loved it so much that we came back for dessert and wine after the show! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin worth every penny100YearsDined on 9/13/2014We chose Marin for a special occasion. We looked at the menu, and were highly intrigued. I liked the health information as well as concept of allowing the food to shine through naturally. We went in with high expectations and have to say Marin surpassed them. The Asparagus salad was absolutely amazing. Sturgeon was the special and one of our selections as well as the Salmon. Again, amazing flavors, beautifully plated! Portions were just right. We were satisfied, not stuffed, so had room for dessert. We recieved a great sample of pistachio ice cream along with the fudge, it just exploded with flavor. Service was pleasant, perfectly attentive and informative. We plan to return. Now... to find an excuse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHappyeaterDined on 9/13/2014Had a fabulous meal. An extra benefit was this restaurant is located just across the street from the Orpheum. Perfect when attending a performance but worth going to eat here just for the great food and service.Special Features:
- AwesomewowbadgerDined on 9/13/2014Like fine dining should be. Presentation of items outstanding, wait staff very professional and made the experience memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Marin was incredible. We had a large group with a pretty demanding set of requests. Marin did not disappoint. It exceeded our expectations. The service was exceptional and the food was great. The staff and the management are pros.Special Features:
- Awesome food, place was deadLoveFoodDined on 9/10/2014Went to Marin at 12:15PM on a weekday - the food and service were outstanding, but it's a big restaurant and was awkwardly quiet. I hope more people go there so Marin stays in business - the ambiance is cool and the food is awesome and I have always had great service...
- longest lunch everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Took two new clients for lunch. Food was fine but the server was inexperienced. I had to send back my first beverage order as it was horrid. Clients ordered desert and it took 30 minutes to come out. I liked the concept, but the food and serviced was not on par with the cost .
- Pre-Show dinnerkeggerDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I ordered a bottle of wine. The wrong wine was poured but our server was very apologetic and gracious about getting the correct bottle. The error did allow us to have a good comparison. The Kale salad was a bit acidic. the olive and artichoke flat bread and Ahi tuna were exceptional. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014We were pleasantly surprised by our first trip to Marin. Quite busy when we arrived due to the Theater traffic. The restaurant nearly emptied out just before. A good time for a reservation would be 7:30 or later. The food was excellent. We has 4 small plates and 4 entrees. Everyone like their food! I am astounding based upon the quality of food that this place was not busy all night! The Ramen, Snapper, Scallops and Duck were great! The Duck Steamed Buns and the Ahi Lettuce Wraps were also very good. My only complaint is the drink pricing comprised of over $100 of our bill. Why do specialty drinks have to cost so much in Minneapolis?Special Features:
- maryDined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent, server was excellent- I love the healthy food options! Happy hour prices for wine and beer were very inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014We were a group of seven. Everything was outstanding except my fish the feature for the evening. It was so overcooked it was dry and hard but I had no time for it to be re-ordered and get to the play on time. I suspect they kept my dish warm while the other dishes were being cooked as the tuna and scallops others were having were cooked perfectly! Either get new heat lamps or undercook fish and let it "cook" under the heat lamps.Special Features:
- Okay nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014Nice try at authentic Nor Cal /MSP Fusion but left a lot to be desired. Lifeless plating Trader Joes flatbread dough. Humbolt Fog, Its Its they are trying but needs some pizzazz!
- Pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2014Great small plates: tuna tartar & prawns. The scallops & Ahi tuna entrées were beautiful and melt-in-mouth excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin on the patio3eateroutVIPDined on 9/1/2014Our 2nd dining experience at Marin was on the patio, which is a great spot. Service was a bit off, as we had a nice but unknowledgeable bartender waiting on us. The food was basically good but a little overly concocted. The prices may have gone up since our initial time eating at Marin & seemed quite expensive.Special Features:
- Good food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014It was our first time at Marin. Loved the small plate of salmon belly and pita with hummus. The flat breads and entries are also excellent. If you are in good sushi or fish in general, order ahi tuna.Special Features:
- Great pre theatre mealJoeSVIPDined on 8/29/2014Three of us arrived at 6:15 for the 8 PM show at the Orpheum. Our waiter made sure we had our courses served promptly so we did not have to rush our meal. The food was fantastic, we shared the ahi lettuce cups (3) that were served with seared rare large pieces of ahi. We then had the tuna tartar and shrimp ceviche, the tuna had an avocado and mango sauce and the shrimp the appropriate sour vinegar kick. We finished our first course with grilled cauliflower hummus, a great item to share. For dinner we had the duck with polenta, scallops with grits and tuna over edamame, all light and flavorful. You just cant go wrong at Marin plus you can even count your calories as all menu items are listed with their nutritional values.Special Features:
- Lack of choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Not a fan of the food choices. The beef was poorly cooked and tough.Special Features:
- Another amazing dinner!FanannieDined on 8/28/2014This is my 4th time eating at Marin and it is quickly becoming a favorite. The wait staff is absolutely incredible and their recommendations are spot on. I had the walleye (special of the day), which was served over a bed of heirloom tomatoes. It was outstanding! Some appetizers of the hummus, fresh spring rolls, the cheese plate and a some fabulous (affordable too!) wine made for a great pre-show dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and service.GoodFoodDined on 8/28/2014We dined there before a play and the waiter gave us great service and made sure we had our check in time to get to the play. Food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service Non-ExistantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014We ordered salads, entrees and a side dish of brussel sprouts to share. We waited 40 minutes after our salads for our entrees. The entrees were delivered but no side dish. By the time the waiter swung by to ask how everything was, we were 3/4 through our entrees. He said he would go get the brussel sprouts right away. He returned 5 minutes later to say it was an "oversite" and they would be delivered shortly. Then 15 minutes later the staff delivered roasted carrots which we sent back. 15 mins passed until we tracked down our absent waiter for our bill. We got the card signature chit but no itemized list. We never got our brussels sprouts, never heard a peep from the manager nor any thought about comping anything. A ruined date night.
- Small Plates!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014My sister and I had dinner before a show. We shared five small plates including a flatbread. Each was fresh, tasty (we really liked the prawns, ahi tuni and duck buns) and generous in size--for small plates. We were late because of traffic--and the staff handled it with aplomb.Special Features:
- lindadDined on 8/24/2014My husband had the chicken which was too salty. A daughter had the tuna and it was just tuna - nothing special. My pork tenderloin was good, but very peppery which wasn't as advertised. (I don't mind the salt and he doesn't mind the pepper, so we switched.) Another in our party ordered the mushroom ramen and loved it. The duck appetizer was good, but not the foie gras (again uninspired). Our server, John, was perfect, however.
- Perfect before the showReReDined on 8/24/2014Situated right across from the Orpheum and just down the street from several other theaters, this place is a perfect dinner spot before a show. They even offer the option of purchasing dessert with dinner to be eaten after the show. I had the tenderloin, which was delicious. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show brunchmlissraeDined on 8/24/2014We went to Marin before a show at the Orpheum. The servers were very attentive to the fact that we were going to a show. The service seemed a little slow at times, but overall very friendly and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!GeorgiagirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally made it to Marin and it will be our new go to in downtown Minneapolis! Healthy food that tastes great. The choices on the menu are wonderful; veggies and carnivores alike will be happy. Calorie/nutritional content listed so you know what to eat to save room for their great dessert! We went there for Happy Hour and will be returning for dinner. Beautiful bar area and exceptionally friendly staff. Wish we hadn't waited so long!Special Features:
- Great brunch before OrpheumJoeGaltDined on 8/23/2014We stopped by for brunch before the Saturday matinee showing of "The Book of Mormon," right across Hennepin at the Orpheum. I had the Huevos Rancheros, and my beloved had the crab eggs Benedict. Both were beautifully prepared and presented. Our only knocks on the place were the somewhat-slow service pace, and the price of the drinks, which was quite high. So we'd recommend you slake your thirst mostly elsewhere (like the Mackenzie Pub, across the street), but definitely go check out Marin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater dinningglobalexplorerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent choice for a meal prior to a show on Hennepin Avenue. We had a mixture of small-plates that were all creative, artistically presented, and tasty. The desserts were also excellent. We look forward to returning for a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I wend to Marin before seeing the Book of Mormon at the Orpheum. This is the perfect spot right across the street from the Orpheum. I had the duck and my wife had the seared Ahi. The food was great and the service was perfect. It was expensive at $155 for the two of us including tip. This was a special occasion so we were okay paying that much since the food and service were great and the location was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasing to the paletteJAVELINA8Dined on 8/21/2014We ordered from the small plates though we have ordered from the entrees also. Wonderful ,from the caesar salad to blue prawns to oysters And then I had chicken flat brad and we shared a cheese plate, Very yummy We did order duck pate but it was not to our liking and they were so obliging and apologetic and did not charge us for it ,My glass of Riesling was excellent I recommend the restaurant highlySpecial Features:
- Dinner & a ShowShowstoppersDined on 8/20/2014We have been to Marin once before - that was good. This time was even better. Our meal was very well prepared and presented. Our Redfish was a unique twist on Asian fusion, and very tasty. The wine our server suggested was just perfect. We each had different desserts, the chocolate with cherries and the tapioca with passion fruit sorbet - these were delightful. The "dot on the I" was definitely the high quality of service we received. Our server gave good advice, was attentive not pushy, and his manner was very friendly, but not familiar. We will definitely dine at Marin again.Special Features:
- Glorious Food...great chefDavyJoDined on 8/20/2014What a blend of flavors......excited taste buds that I did not know I had. Perfectly cooked and well worth the cost.Special Features:
- KateVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable time at Marin. Everything we had was outstanding, as was the service. They have an amazing collection of gin available! We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic happy hournsd1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Happy hour with some of the best tasting appetizers ever. The noise level is based on the 4pm time of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!JoyceBDined on 8/8/2014Really enjoyed our evening here - the food is beautiful, and the ambience was great. Appreciated the varied menu, it offered a lot of choices in all categories. I was especially appreciative of the number of clearly marked gluten-free options on the menu.Special Features:
- Great family dinner get together.hungryDined on 8/3/2014We had a large group of family. They accomodated us and had a large table for us. Had coctails and starters and it was all great. Good deal on bottles of wine on Sunday. The food was very good and everyone gave thier food high marks. Desserts were delicious. We'd go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.