4832 North Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marigoldrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7732934653
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday to Sunday Open at 5:00 PM. Serving late Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: Lawrence
- Public Transit: Red Line - Lawrence Stop is two blocks away
Broadway Bus #36
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available Friday and Saturday
Street parking is all meters, relatively easy unless concert in the area
Paid parking lot to the south of us across the street (behind Just Tires store) is very reasonable
A word from Marigold Restaurant
Established in 2006, Marigold is a unique Indian restaurant in Chicago’s historic Uptown neighborhood serving both traditional and creative Indian cuisine. Named after the flower synonymous with celebration and festivity in India, Marigold is a place to celebrate India’s culture and food. Marigold’s jewel-toned room offers a vibrant dining experience in a friendly neighborhood vibe. From the fresh chutneys to the family recipes, it is the combination of tradition with the unexpected that makes Marigold special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marigold Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Marigold is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2012Marigold is one of our favorite restaurants. They make standard Indian fare come to life in new and different ways. When we were last there I was having some stomach issues and the chef was kind enough to make me the best relatively plain chicken kebab over delious cilantro rice!! That is the kind of people they are. I was sorry to hear that they are closing this location and moving further north somewhere in Andersonville.Special Features:
- Friday Date NightDinnerDivaDined on 6/22/2012We loved being able to share the Prix Fixe menu and add what we wanted on the side. The food was delicious and the cocktails were excellent!Special Features:
- Was delighted finally to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2012Was delighted finally to try this place with some friends. Food was very good and our waiter was top notch! We tried several dishes, all were fantastic. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the naan (which I think is integral to complement the main dishes) was horrible. Was dry, flattened, cold, like cardboard. Maybe others have had better experience. Also heard rumor this place is closing and moving to Andersonville. I will follow.Special Features:
- As a last minute selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2012As a last minute selection with no prior experience at this restaurant, the food and experience was highly positive. If I lived in Chicago I would go there often.
- I live in Palatine and whenLrapsVIPDined on 6/21/2012I live in Palatine and when I want great Indian food Marigold is always my first choice.Special Features:
- It was a very good, thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012It was a very good, though pricey dining out experience.Special Features:
- Love this place ... modernJoeFoodVIPDined on 6/15/2012Love this place ... modern Indian, friendly service and good value. What's not to like!? By the way, their cocktail list is very very good.Special Features:
- Our experience at MarigoldtobiDined on 6/10/2012Our experience at Marigold Restaurant was phenomenal. We ordered off the prix fixe menu for 2, which includes one appetizer, 2 entrees and a desert. The samosas were great, but they chutneys that came with them were surprisingly spicy. (Not necessarily a bad thing) The entrees were also great. The saag paneer had the best paneer i've ever had, and the masala sauce is so rich and flavorful. Ginger creme brulee was wonderful for desert. The server was extremely attentive. Overall a great experience.
- Great creative healthy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012Great creative healthy food with a staff that believes in the quality of the menuSpecial Features:
- If you love traditional IndiandreamsunwindDined on 6/6/2012If you love traditional Indian food, this is not the place for you. It was definitely different and we actually did not enjot the dishes we ordered, even though they were traditionally named (samosas, malai kofta, chicken tikka)... Very strange twists. The atmosphere and servive were great but we won't be going back. Also, we thought there was outdoor dining here (it was listed as such on OpenTable) - there was no outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Maybe.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012I was a little disappointed. Prtions were small, could have used more rice with dishes tha come with rice. I think they are trying a little bit too hard to be trendy.Special Features:
- Good food, clean space, notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012Good food, clean space, not loud. Always a great experience!Special Features:
- This is indian food with andinefineDined on 5/26/2012This is indian food with an American accent. We enjoyed it thoroughly Everything was delicious.....Special Features:
- This isn't authentic IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2012This isn't authentic Indian cuisine, but I recommend this place if you're curious about trying Indian food for the first time. It's very non intimidating since the place is very "Americanized." Favorite dish: "saag paneer" I put quotes around it because although it's delicious, it's definitely no saag paneer. Skip out: mango lassi. Mango lassi does not have mint! It tasted like a virgin mango mojito with yogurt. Decent but forgettable: lamb meatballs and the samosas The best part of the experience that deserves 5 stars on its own are the chips! The chips and sauces served as appetizers were ADDICTING AND DELICIOUS!
- Food and drinks were creativeChicagofoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2012Food and drinks were creative and very yummy. The only negative is that they have so many different menus for different deals they are offering, they had difficulty locating our menu for our "deal voucher". Then when they found it, the waiter repeatedly told us wrong info regarding how many of each item we get and what was selections were available for our deal. We had to keep correcting him and pointing out that the menu said other than what he was telling us. Service was a bit slow too (on a Thursday night and not too full). However, like I said earlier, the food was creative and worth the trip.Special Features:
- As always - our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2012As always - our experience at Marigold was excellent! We arrived early and they were very accommodating. Our food and service were fantastic!Special Features:
- I've been there a number ofSusanDined on 5/12/2012I've been there a number of times and the food is consistently outstanding and the service is always great. The waitstaff is very knowledgable about the menu and always come up with good recommendations that I generally go with to add to my list of favorites. I especially like the way many dishes come in two sizes so you can try many things.Special Features:
- The restaurant offerings andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2012The restaurant offerings and prices seemed a bit extraordinary given the mediocre setting and location. I've found much more for less at other, equally good, Indian restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing Indian Fusion Dishes...ILinaVIPDined on 5/5/2012Amazing Indian Fusion Dishes...I highly recommend the Eggplant & Spinach/cheese dishes =)Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2012We very much enjoyed our meal. Service was outstanding. Staff was very friendly and attentive but we did not feel rushed. We felt the food was the most interesting "modern" Indian food we have ever had - and we eat Indian food often. I would highly recommend Marigold. We will definately be back!Special Features:
- We loved the appetizers. TheChikindVIPDined on 5/4/2012We loved the appetizers. The main plates were good but nothing special compared to other Indian restaurants. Small but well chosen wine list.Special Features:
- I celebrated my birthday atcrizDined on 5/3/2012I celebrated my birthday at Marigold and it was my first visit to the restaurant and it will not be my last. Every dish we ordered was delicious! We loved the spicy varieties of sauces served with the food and in the food. Brian, our waiter, was very helpful with drink and food suggestions.Special Features:
- As usual, the food continuesMC2MC2Dined on 4/28/2012As usual, the food continues to be stellar. The lamb vindaloo is wonderful, but we thought this dish and a few others a bit skimpy this time on the portion. This is still our first choice for great Indian cuisine.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the warm, quietOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012We enjoyed the warm, quiet atmosphere, very accommodating to good conversation. We were there on a Thursday evening. My wife and I arrived slightly ahead of schedule; there are some good specialty drinks and a reasonable wine selection. We started with the chips and chutneys; simple but tasty. When our party of 4 was complete, we chose to order a mix of curries and eat family style. We ordered three half orders and two full, all were delicious; all were gone by the end of the meal. Our consensus favorite was the lamb koftas; a great mix of flavors.Special Features:
- I am not a huge conisuer ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2012I am not a huge conisuer of indian food, but this was by far the best I've had in the city. I am ebarressed to say that i have lived blocks away from this place for 6 years and this was my first trip. If your new to imdian- trying the half dishes is a great way to experience the food. The wait staff is super helpful and the cocktails are great too!Special Features:
- Food was great and very reasonable,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/21/2012Food was great and very reasonable, service good as well. Decor could use a little re-fresher.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2012Great food and great service. Their music was a little off - 80s tunes. It didn't seem to match the decor and ambience of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good Indian food whichNivel2041Dined on 4/14/2012Very good Indian food which we all enjoyed and shared a variety of dishes.
- Food was not as good as IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012Food was not as good as I would have expected. Maybe chef had an off night. Service was slow on the back end. Meh....
- DELICIOUSNESS!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012Marigold is amazing! We decided to try it based on a recommendation of a friend and she did not lie! I love Indian food and after being spoiled in NYC I thought I would never find another Indian restaurant that I would love. Marigold proved to me that I could love again! The chicken tikka app. was so delicious and the meat was so tender. The saag paneer was phenomenal, too. I would highly recommend Marigold and hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- This is the 3rd or 4th timeTerryBVIPDined on 4/13/2012This is the 3rd or 4th time I have visited this restaurant. The food is good, no question. But the portions seem smaller than previously, and also a bit overpriced. The wines by the glass, too, seem overpriced because the pours are meager. For the cost, I was disappointed.
- very accommodating to ourHawkfanbudmanVIPDined on 4/7/2012very accommodating to our vegan guest. great change of pace, excellent service. Food was unique and deliciousSpecial Features:
- First time there was fabulous.DCJoshVIPDined on 4/4/2012First time there was fabulous. Second, less so but still good.
- Excellent food with nice pairingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Excellent food with nice pairing of wine. Server was superior. A little snug seating but overall very pleasantSpecial Features:
- Really enjoyed our meal here.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/31/2012Really enjoyed our meal here. We are Indian food novices so we asked our waiter for help and he gave us lots of info and some recommendations. Had the samosa appetizer, three curries (murg makhni, saag paneer and lamb vindaloo) with basmati and naan and then ginger creme brulee for dessert. Food was delicious. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food continues to be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2012The food continues to be good and the menu has changed since we were last there. But the general ambiance has taken a tumble. Bare tables, plasticized menus, nearly empty on a Friday night at 8pm...just a shade of its former self. Pros: New menu items, excellent Indian flavors & textures, the thali continues to rule. Cons: A bit stingy on the paneer though flavors still good; Indian Old Fashioned is watery and flavorless; oh, how I miss the lamb vindaloo!Special Features:
- excellent cocktails, bothOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012excellent cocktails, both we tried were amazing.!! The samosas are wonderful, but the entrees we order were both bland- we were a bit disappointed. Hopefully it was just an off day in the kitchen- We will definitely go back to see. SErvice and ambience both excellent.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012My boyfriend and I have dined at Marigold several times and have always enjoyed our experience. They have our favorite Saag Paneer, and one of my favorite cocktails: the spiked mango lassi made with cardamom-infused vodka. On this occasion, the seafood curry, which we usually find very spicy and delicious, tasted like plain, thin, tomato sauce, but I'm hoping this was a fluke and not a recipe change. One of our favorite dishes, the corn bhuta, was taken off the menu, but our server said it may be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding fusion IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012Outstanding fusion Indian food. Tandoori chicken is excellent.Special Features:
- As has been our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012As has been our experience before, the food is superb, and the service was excellent.Special Features: