9510 Pacific Ave
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marienicoles.com/
- Phone: 6095225425
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: one private dining room seats up to 65 people
- Private Party Contact: Jamie 6095225425x
A word from Marie Nicole's
Voted "Best of the Shore" by Philadelphia Magazine and South Jersey Magazine, Marie Nicole's has been a seashore favorite for years. Offering fabulous Steak, Chops, Seafood & Martinis. This eight time winner of Wine Spectator Magazine's 'Award of Excellence' pairs their wines with contemporary american cuisine. Enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail at the extended bar - now featuring a new bar menu. Savor summer nights on the terrace with friends and family. Reservations Recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marie Nicole's reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (31)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- nice spotstevethefolkieDined on 9/14/2014Great food, intetesting cocktails, strong waitstaff, worth the 5 hour drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot !MaggieDined on 9/13/2014Just an overall good experience. Would recommend and will definitely be back .Special Features:
- Beyond DisappointingCandygbDined on 9/6/2014Discouraging/ unwelcoming hostess. Dirty/cloudy drinking glasses with the offer of specialty water. Drink order incorrect olives instead of twist. Crab Lobster appetizer - horrible. Colored tasteless mayo slathered over fresh seafood with bad relish. The Avocado relish tasted like spoiled/fermented cilantro covered up with straight salt. Mentioned to waiter, Carlos. "That's too bad. I'll let the kitchen know." Hardly worth 18 price. Swordfish special tasted poorly fried in old oil. Greasy with a thick unpleasant crust. Crab cakes mostly filler, small and lacking in seasoning. Asparagus more raw than crisp/tender. Mashed potatoes tasted like doctored instant. Desperately in need of Godon Ramsey.
- Not up to expectations...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014We have been to Marie Nicole's several times over the years and it has been a must do whenever we visit Diamond Beach. It has always been a special place but this visit was a disappointment . The food was ordinary at best and the service was so slow with each course it was annoying, and the restaurant was not full. I don't know what happened this time and hope they can get back on track.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014We ordered three different entrees and had three bad experiences. Top pasta dishes were less than good and the steak entree was pretty mediocre. It was worth a shot since it is so close to our summer home, but a return trip is unlikely. Service was great--very attentive. The problem is in the kitchen.Special Features:
- DvincDined on 8/12/2014Oysters were not very good. Everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/12/2014Food was pretentious and disappointing. Everything, including wine and appetizers, was over priced. Still, I think it remains popular.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the Crest!MPaulJCVIPDined on 8/11/2014The house salad is one of the best I've ever had: sublime dressing, delicious pine nuts. Fish of the day was a lovely salmon done in a simple yet delicious pesto sauce while my wife loved the crab cake entrée. Throw in a couple of tasty martinis (MN is technically in Lower Township so they have a liquor license.) OUR FAVORITE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014I remember everyone raving about this place a year or two ago. So when looking last minute restaurant ideas I came onto open table and looked at the menu. The menu made my decision to try it instead of another place I'd never been. Well the menu on open table has not been updated and is not completely the same as the restaurant menu. Apps were just so/so. I ordered tuna and it came out slimmy and it was not pink but purple in coloring. As my bf pointed out it tastes like dish water and wasn't even eye appealing. For the first time ever I sent it back. The waitress was more than nice about it. The restaurant then prepared me a filet mignon. The filet was cooked perfect medium and very juicy but it was very bland. The waitress was wonderful.
- 39th AnniversaryJRMurphyDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a good place to go for our 39th Anniversary and we found the place at MN's. We were seated right away and were given the attention you would expect from a fine establishment. Amy and Kim were outstanding in the services they provided and answered all of our questions. Drinks were greats, the food excellent. We also felt that Marie's was not as expensive as we thought. Full course filet dinner with apps, drinks , desert and tip was $200 We will be back with friendsSpecial Features:
- First Bad MealRICHEVIPDined on 8/6/2014I have to say this was the first bad meal I have ever had here. Veal was tasteless. My wife's pasta was so spicy she could only eat a small amount. I had soup that was also tasteless. Our reservation was for 8 PM. We arrived at 7:45 and we're told it will be 20 minute wait. This is while I looked around at five empty tables. We stood outside because the bar was packed. At 8:10 I went in to ask what was going on, there are now seven empty tables. Hostess says I looked all over for you. We were the only ones standing outside. Probably won't be going back this season, too many other places to try out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!AnniversaryDined on 8/6/2014We had a fantastic anniversary dinner ! They served our dessert with a candle in it!Special Features:
- Gotta GoRICHEVIPDined on 8/4/2014MN is one of the places you got to go to when in the Wildwoods. Seafood, steaks and some Italian. A nice mix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntNorey708Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our experience at Marie Nicole's. Great food, great service, and a very nice ambiance.Special Features:
- DisappointedpeanutDined on 7/23/2014I was disappointed with the food, as I recall being there before, the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Marie NicolesCapeMay2014Dined on 7/22/2014The food was cold and grossly over priced. I had the ciopollino, and it certainly was not fresh seafood as one would expect. I should have known when we walked in and there wasn't one person at the bar. This restaurant wont last too much longer.... Burger King is more edible.
- foodiesDined on 7/22/2014We were very disappointed in the restaurant. This is a vacationers trap. Extremely over priced and not a very varied selection of meal choices.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014I had heard about this restaurant and finally decided to try it. The food was OK, but not for the price.
- Great serviceMoniDined on 7/19/2014We has a wonderful experience. Food was good. Wish they had a larger menu but what we had was delicious. The staff was so helpful with our dinner selections and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner the "Civilized" waybotgieDined on 7/18/2014We took our friends to Marie Nicole's to thank them for their hospitality (We stayed in Stone Harbor with them for a week). Food and service were both excellent. Nice wine selection. We sat outdoors as it was such a pleasant evening. We were not rushed at all even though it was a fairly busy Friday night. All-in-all, a very civilized dinner. No loud music or raucous children to mar the serenity.Special Features:
- NEVER AGAIN!!!!!restaurantroverDined on 7/18/2014The dishes we have ordered there for years, and frankly have not minded paying the ridiculous high prices for, have drastically changed. Not only was the food cold, but it all looked like it had just been thrown together on the plate. Worse than the food's being carelessly presented, was the fact that the waitress seemed like she had no idea what to do. Our salad was served with the appetizer, we had to ask for the rolls, my cocktail was served to me at least 10 minutes after I ordered it,and at the end, she had to "try to find" the doggie bag that we had requested 20 minutes prior to our leaving. Unfortunately, we will be crossing one of our favorite dining spots off of our list forever!
- Good food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/15/2014We had specifically called ahead to make sure that they could accommodate someone in our party with a gluten allergy and were told that they absolutely could and the server could help us. The server was very little help. In fact, she served us an appetizer that clearly contained bread on it even after we asked her to check with the chef. She pointed to 3 options on the menu for entrees without even offering to check to see if the chef could do anything else. I must say that what we had was delicious and it wouldn't discourage us from eating there again, but it was quite disappointing that they didn't better cater to someone with food allergies.
- Marie Nicole'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Nice place and good service. Good menu choices. Fried calamari was best I ever had and by far the highlight of the meal. Unfortunately my filet special was undercooked and cold in the center and my husband's cowboy steak was overdone. Sent mine back and they reheated it, but so disappointing that both steaks were not prepared well. Since out entrees were a flop I don't think we'll go back with so many other great restaurants in the area to choose from.Special Features:
- Classy with high quality food!KRVLVSCKDDined on 7/12/2014This was a great find! We had a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Over priced for what is served. Quality is questionable. Service was horrible. Paid for a full portion, ate half, asked to take it to go and they threw it away. Wouldn't do anything about the bill. Food was very average. Much better resturaurants in the area.
- DissapointingcatwizVIPDined on 7/4/2014I was so looking forward to trying this place. We have summer home nearby. Having read previous reviews I expect I was so looking forward to trying this place. We recently purchased a summer home nearby. I was warned about the bland decor by previous reviewers. Really ,put some pictures on the walls! I did expect a great meal but my fish was raw in the middle and this was not tuna. They did apologize and offered to replace the meal but for me dinner was done. Kinda turned my stomach. Husbands filet mignon was good, so I ate some of his. He is so good to me. Sorry but not likely I will return. There are many other choices. YSpecial Features:
- No Seafood Risotto!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014New menu is missing one of their best dishes, Seafood Risotto! Very disappointing. The dish I selected was just ok (sausage pasta). My husbands was good (penne gorgonzola).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I heardDisappointedVIPDined on 6/16/2014I hear a lot about Marie Nichole's. Maybe it was an off night. We had the lobster Qeusadilla. Th elobster was overcooked and dry. The Eggplant Napoleon was quite good. The Gorgonzola pasta was overpowering with the cheese. It became too much after a few bites. The dessert sounded ordinary so we skipped it.
- Good food, Great Service!bigtimefoodieDined on 6/15/2014We have been enjoying Marie Nicole's for some years now. Most of the time, the food is good. Occasionally there is an entree that is not as great as others. The only complaint I really have is that they really need to update the interior. The window coverings are so outdated, I am thinking they are over 20 years old and the colors are all too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be stingy with the breadCbacpaDined on 6/15/2014Food was good, services was fair. Price was Atlantic City. Stingy with bread and water.... Like a prison
- Dining experiencejojonesDined on 6/14/2014we had 9 people at Marie Nicoles....the soups were great. the special was tile fish which was good but a little dry. The $30 menu was a bit restrictive with choices. Service was great especially with a large group. small area for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great areaSeashoreDiamondsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was great, service terrific. Drinks are over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and settingReggieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Four of us arrived for an evening meal and were seated promptly at a nice table. Cocktails were outstanding and there were oysters, salads, steaks and some fish. Very enjoyable, we will definitely be back.
- A Gem on the IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014When we entered the restaurant, the hostess was very gracious. I did not know I had to make a request for the outside dining & she found us a table outside. The waiter was very accomodating & the food was fabulous. I had 2 specials & the appetizer & dinner were superb. This is one of the best restaurants on the island. The cuisine is different & Excellent! A little high priced but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDonnaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our dinner was very enjoyable. I took advantage of the restaurant week special. The dressing on the salad was delicious (and the size was quite large). I had the pesto pork loin chop - very good, and my husband had the seafood risotto which he would highly recommend. We sat on the patio to take advantage of the early summer night breeze. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memmorial DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014This was our 2nd time at Marie Nicole's and definetly won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time there very good foodbrainrDined on 5/24/2014We just got a condo around the corner in the crest. Decided to try out this restaurant.great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Marie Nicole's reviews archive.
- alibabaDined on 5/18/2014Not the gourmet experience the hype might lead one to believe, unless, perhaps, a no class from Philly that equates quality with big portions.
- DELISHKimgDined on 5/15/2014We were recommended to dine at Marie Nicole's. I was in Wildwood Crest for business and asked my FB sphere where I should eat. Knowing I am a foodie, several people guided me here. They did not disappoint. The cranberry rolls we homemade, my guest fot the chowder soup ( to die for) it was a combo of New England &. Manhattan with a smokey under tone. My entree was the largest veal Milanese I have ever seen. Presentation of the veal chop Milanese was garnished with an arugula salad with shaved parm, halved grape tomatoes. Our dessert was a Devine apple crisp with a vanilla caramel ice cream. My only negative in the lack of decor in the dinning room. Very dark for a beach environmentSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014A great place with wonderful food. Calamari is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.