2324 West 4th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6K1P1Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mariastaverna.ca/
- Phone: 6047314722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Maria's Taverna
Welcome to Marias Taverna a family owned and operated restaurant, where great food and good times come together. Located in the heart of Kitsilano, Vancouver our Restaurant offers Fine Greek Cuisine in a Charming Atmosphere. We Hope to See You Soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maria's Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Food good, service uninspiring, It's ok but would not run back.
- Friendly & FunSophineDined on 7/5/2014We had a large group (18) at the last minute and they really took care of us. The food was delicious and authentic, the servers were especially caring and as a result we had a very memorable gathering. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Maria's Taverna reviews archive.
- Open62Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first time in several years and we brought out of town guests for a special occasion. Service was inconsistent, even to get water refills. 1 out of 5 dinners was served as the first 4 guests finished their meals. Not good timing. Perhaps just an off night but disappointing all the same when these are things you are hoping not to think about when you go out so you can concentrate on the enjoyment of your guests. The waiter compensated with dessert (which was very good) but we still paid the full bill.
- Awesome food!foodempressDined on 5/2/2014A long time ago, I used to only go to Kalamata restaurant for Kleftiko. They still do an awesome Kleftiko. However, Maria's Taverna also does an awesome Kleftiko. In addition they have other menu items that Kalamata does not offer, such as the Tarama dip. We absolutely love Tarama and were so happy to discover that they not only do awesome Kleftiko, but they also do awesome Tarama. Very awesome food! Look forward to going there again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/13/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times. We've never been disappointed. They have the best lamb lollipops ever. Our favorite Greek restaurant in Vancouver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transported to GreeceDwleoDined on 2/13/2014Maria's has always been a favorite of mine. We went there as a group of five for a birthday dinner and had a great time. My stepdaughter's boyfriend was a little loud when talking, but the waitress took it all in stride and did a great job looking after our needs. Wine was very nice and the lamb! What can I say? It was exquisite - not overdone and not tough. Just melt-in-your-mouth goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Older establishment, but good foodsooksookDined on 2/2/2014Right in the middle of Kits, this restaurant might not get a second look if you're just passing by but don't let the decor deter you from the food. We came for Dine Out and the three course meal was simple but delicious. The lamb entree was the size of an adult's head.Special Features:
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014Our Dine out Vancouver dinner was awesome! We were 11 in our group and majority ordered the $18 menu with the Roast Lamb and it was sooooo good! very tender, moist and it melts in your mouth. I will definitely go back for sure!Special Features:
- AveragesofilDined on 2/1/2014We went to Maria's Taverna during Dine Out Vancouver - Service was horrible - Food was good Would not go back
- QuartetPietroDined on 1/28/2014A full restaurant when we sat down so a reservation is a sensible consideration. The service was good and the meal memorable for the company and cuisine. We never felt rushed and our friends were delighted to add Maria's to list of restaurant to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unfair evaluationcrypticloverDined on 1/25/2014Our reservation for 4 was for 7:30 on a Saturday night during Dine Out Vancouver. The restaurant was jammed and we waited about 30 min. for a table. The staff were flying to keep everyone happy - they couldn't have handled it better. Once we had a table our service was good, the food was delicious, and we enjoyed our meal. We've been to Maria's other times and it's always been a total pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2014Maria's is a favourite dinner spot in Kits. Tried and true food and service. Prawn souvlaki is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tasty greek restaurantteresaDined on 1/24/2014went there twice after the first went there. food great recoment for food loverSpecial Features:
- Kitsilano gemScouterDonDined on 1/20/2014We went to Maria's Taverna during the Dine Out period at he end of January. The special menu was great and the food wonderful. Homey Greek food, generous portions with warm romantic ambiance at reasonable prices. Hard not to like a place like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good,but the serviceTonyDined on 1/19/2014The food is good,but the service needs improvement. It was not bad service they just seem to always be under staff so it was hard to get any waiter/waitress' attention when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly stafflovefoodDined on 1/17/2014My partner and I tried out this restaurant for Dine Out Vancouver. Not only was the menu and price a bargain, the food was delicious - brought us back to our two weeks in Greece over the summer. It was a busy night, which made it difficult for the staff to seat us on time for our reservation, but that aside, we really enjoyed our meal. The staff were very friendly and made our night out all the more enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family looking for a well-priced, traditional meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014The food was great, but we made a reservation and despite arriving right on time our table wasn't ready and we had to wait about 20 minutes. A lot of other people began arriving with the same problem and soon we were all squished up right at the entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother making a reservationFadedredDined on 1/17/2014When I arrived at the restaurant they did not know that I had a reservation and wanted to make me wait 20minutes along with the other walkins. I was not happy.
- Nice but a bit busyDineoutFunDined on 1/17/2014It was first experience at Maria's and we must say we were quite pleased with food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2014Three adults, two boys ages eight and ten. We arrived at 5 pm and were warmly welcomed. I chose Maria's because the boys love Greek food and so do their parents. The staff were most obliging, even offered to let the dad take photos of the boys wearing an ancient Greek battle hat that was sitting on their bar. The fooed was delicious, and plentiful. We all took home portions fpr the next day. because it was under Dine Out Vancouver. The price was right. We all had a very good and memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maria's TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2013Go hear if you want to feel and eat like you're in Greece, the Kleftiko (lamb shoulder), is amazing, melts in your mouth! All the appies, and meatballs are fantastic too, authentic delicious Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodchownowDined on 10/19/2013Had the calamari appetizer and lamb shoulder. Portions were generous, service was good and fairly prompt. Has a warm ambiance, I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite Greek restaurantSundaydinerDined on 9/22/2013Maria's has been our favourite Greek restaurant for over 20 years! We celebrated there birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and had many wonderful family dinners - including one this week. The food has consistently been excellent, service has been attentive and we really enjoy the quiet, casual ambiance of the place. Nothing fancy - but great food, great memories!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013The food was good and great value for your money. I found that once we got the bread and the appetizer, it took a very long time before the actual meal arrived.Special Features:
- Went here for dine out. GreatcmariecDined on 2/3/2013Went here for dine out. Great value for the quality & quantity of food. Great service, as well!Special Features:
- GREAT food, POOR service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2013GREAT food, POOR service. Went for dine out. The value was amazing - for $18 there was soo much food! And the food was awesome! However, our server was not good - she rang in the main course way after we got our appetizer so it took forever to get our main course. We ended up filling up on hummous because we were starving and then did not have enough room for main course. Then our server got chatty with a table beside us and again we sat there forever waiting for our food to be packed up. Once again too full for dessert so we got it to go. The table beside us came in half an hour later than us and were happily eating dessert and tea while we were waiting for our main course to be packed up.Special Features:
- too bad the lamb soulvaskiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/29/2013too bad the lamb soulvaski was sold out; however the chicken was really tender and juicy :) the hummus pita was delicious as well.
- Waited too long to be seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2013Waited too long to be seated and served. Then found out they ran out of main course that we were only interested in. We walked out. Not impressed!
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2013Very slow service...this is because the restaurant became busy with patrons and the restaurant staff could not keep up. They are clearly short staffed and this was very apparent as people came in. Food is of average to slightly above average quality compared to other restaurants offering Greek cuisine.
- Great deal for Dine-out Vancouver.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Great deal for Dine-out Vancouver. Delicious food but crowded seating.
- Don't judge a book by its covermystique16VIPDined on 1/20/2013Came here during dine out and for the price you get so much food, it's the second time I've been here for dine out and their portions are consistently big, had to pack mine away. Food is always great, but service is okay, it's not a fine dining restaurant, but it appears to be a family business. Worth a try if you like Greek food.
- We went here for the firstdlkbcDined on 1/20/2013We went here for the first time for Dine Out Vancouver. It was packed at 6 PM because of it. The food was quite nice, particularly the chicken soup and the Ekmek. Juicy and fall off the bone tender roast lamb also good. Huge portions. Service a little spotty probably due to Dine Out crowd. Would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013Everything was good except that seatings were a bit tight... Food and service were excellent
- Very good greek food. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Very good greek food. The chief forgot to cook one of the dishes destined for our table which was a drag, but other than that we had a good experience at Maria's Taverna.Special Features: