Maria's Italian Kitchen - Downtown
615 S. Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maria's Italian Kitchen - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mariasdowntownla.com/
- Phone: (213) 623-4777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 10:00pm Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Happy Hour 7 Days a Week in the Bar, Lounge & Patio 4:00 - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Amazing Catering Menu available! Pick up, Delivery Drop Off, Partial Set Up, Full Service, and anything in between. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Ask about our Loyalty Rewards Program - for every $100 you spend on Catering Menu, you get $5 in Maria's Points to spend on Regular Menu. Business meetings, private parties, lunch up to the office.
- Cross Street: 6th and Flower
- Public Transit: Red line - one block away. Exit 7th St./Metro Center Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Lunch: $5 Self parking 90 minutes with validation. $7 Valet on Flower St. Dinner (After 4pm): $4 Self Parking on 8th & Flower. $7 Valet on Flower St. $7 Valet in Alley between Flower and Figueroa, enter off Wilshire.
A word from Maria's Italian Kitchen - Downtown
The newest Maria’s brings all the style, warmth and passion of Italy to the heart of LA’s vibrant downtown. From breakfast meetings* and power lunches to happy hour, company dinners, and nights on the town, Maria’s Downtown is why “la dolce vita” begins with LA. THE BEST HAPPY HOUR: EVERYDAY in the bar, lounge & patio 4:00 p.m. to Close. MEETING AREAS Dining room and bar, plus 3 private rooms with flat screen monitors and video conference capabilities. (One private room that can accommodate up to 60 people. Two private rooms that can accommodate up to 25 people in each or adjoin to accommodate up to 50 people.) *RESERVATIONS Required for breakfast meetings, private rooms and recommended for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maria's Italian Kitchen - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)good for groups (1)Show More
- BdelightfulVIPDined on 11/4/2014Have been dinning here with co workers for years and simply love their seasonal deserts like their delicious pumpkin cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch meeting spotMariaDined on 8/25/2014I always choose Maria's because it's perfect for hosting a working lunch. Nice ambience with delicious and upscale but reasonable lunches. My pasta was delicious, but my only disappointment was with the Zucchini Misto (fried zucchini sticks). It was strangely tasteless even with the shredded Parmesan on top, and it was just a sliver of zucchini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 235 reviews are from the Maria's Italian Kitchen - Downtown reviews archive.
- They listen!gourmandDined on 6/2/2014We needed a place to talk and requested a table away from the noisiest part of the restaurant. They accommodated this request, and although it was still a bit too loud, at least we could conduct our conversation. I really do think restaurants need to establish quiet zones. Too much noise, especially from piped music, puts a restaurant on my "do not visit" list. It may cycle patrons through faster, but some of us simply will not return. Thank you, Maria's!Special Features:
- Good reasonably priced ItalianSteveBVIPDined on 12/31/2013Nice little spot in downtown LA. Right next to the 7th Street Metro Station. The place looks a little worn down without looking charming. The food, however, was very good and the service was excellent. I had the eggplant parmesan and a delicious Cesear salad. The Pizza looked really good. The Music Center website said that the restaurant was on their shuttle route. It isn't. Our server directed us to a location up the street that also wasn't a stop. We had selected this restaurant only because it was listed as a stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentMortonSLAVIPDined on 10/30/2013I don't know if they had lack of staff, but our entry for lunch took 40 minutes after the waitress tried to deliver the wrong order to the table. We had a party of 6, but noticed a table of two tried to deliver the wrong order two times to a patron. While the food was excellent the amount of time spent for a business lunch became unacceptable. Hoping for a better experience next time!Special Features:
- Clean and comfortable. ServicedinerDined on 10/23/2013Clean and comfortable. Service was competent. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good of an experienceKenyashenellDined on 10/17/2013I made the reservation for my supervisor's birthday on 10/17/13 for a part of 4 at 12:30p. I We arrived and we had to wait almost 10 minutes. Then it took forever for our waitress to come to our table and take our order. In the middle of taking our orders, she would have to stop and tell the "bus boy" who ordered what at the table next to us because he didn't know who to give the meals to. eceived and the waitress provided a chocolate cake with a candle for my supervisor. Not sure how I feel about taking co-workers here again. I'll chalk it up to 'it was a bad day.' I MAY try it again in the future, but not too sure. :(Special Features:
- so sofoodguy5Dined on 10/2/2013Took a date here prior to going to drinks at perch. The food was ok. Big portions, but could use more flavor. Wasn't a fancy place, but they do have booths right on the window looking out to the city. Probably wouldn't go back.
- Walkable to LA Music CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2013The food is very good and we were in a nice quiet room so we could chat. Wait staff very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointing......KatKDined on 7/19/2013Although I usually get the same thing, my lunch companions try other entres. Mine was great and my lunch mate enjoyed her's.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2013Great fresh Italian food with several healthy choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was almostRabbit851Dined on 6/1/2013This restaurant was almost an after thought. It was an unexpected gem which we went to after going to the Ahmanson for an afternoon performance. Did not open until 5:00 but the owner let us in early as long as we did not expect any service or anything. Then they waited on us anyway. Wonderful people, nice ambiance, good food.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian FareLordginVIPDined on 5/30/2013Maria proves time and time again that true Italian Fare can be found in the heart of the city! All dishes are fresh and delicious with an amazing variety of choices on the menu! The Calamari is very tender and never over cooked. The pastas are delicious and never drowned in oil or sauce. The Ravioli is especially delicious as they pack it full with minced meat! The Pasta Primavera is healthy yet more flavorful than any other dishes! The service is fair and the location is in the heart of Downtown LA. Excellent restaurant that we will return to regularly!Special Features:
- New to me, but good grub!PSmithVIPDined on 5/17/2013New to me, but good grub! Really enjoyed my Chicken Marsala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spaghetti was a littleMullerDined on 5/10/2013The spaghetti was a little undercooked but cheesecake was extremely good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular stop Pre-TheaterPeterDined on 5/4/2013Maria's is our regular stop for a guaranteed experience of quality; welcoming service, attractive menu, delicious food and comfortable surroundings. We can always relax through enjoyable dinners with little noise to compete with conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some respect please.DisappointedDined on 4/17/2013The service was a little slow,and we were seated after a couple who got there after us, and did not have reservations, and they got a nice booth and we were seated only after they set up a small table next to an event by the curtain that separated us from the event, and all the while the curtain was blowing against us. This also was not conducive to having a conversation without speaking loudly.
- ADA Compliance AdministratorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013I had a lunch date with a friend who uses a mobility device. I was concerned about access for her so checked out the restaurants in about a four block radius of my office. Maria's has an accessible entrance, the tables are spaced well for wheel chair access, and the staff was courteous to my friend and did not treat her differnt despite her obvious physical disabilities. Staff was attentive, our glasses were kept full, empty plates quickly cleared, and all the food was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedGreyhoundVIPDined on 3/30/2013Nothing special about the food. Service was slow. Best part of the meal was the dessert. Nice walk from Walt Disney Concert Hall to Restaurant. Would not go back.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/12/2013Went there for lunch many times when working downtown. Took an out of town friend there for dinner. Happy to see they still serve quality food and drinks and service was very good. Great recommendations from server. Very affordable. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013I really enjoyed my recent visit to Maria's, however the service was not up to par with the food. Being that Maria's is in the middle of Downtown, I would hope that Management would know that people go to Maria's on their lunch break which is only an hour so fast service is crucial. We waited for over 25 minutes for our food and we only ordered sandwiches. I couldn't imagine ordering a pasta dish because who knows how long that would take. I rated Maria's overall as good - it could've been excellent if the service was faster.Special Features:
- good dtla lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/8/2013good for lunch spot in downtown la. i frequent maria's for my lunch meetings. easy to make reservations and good selection for everyone.Special Features:
- Decorated very nicely. Didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Decorated very nicely. Didn't check the rest as we didn't use and so didn't pay attention to the others. We have gone there before and will use again when in that part of town and refer. If in other parts of town will use also. The service was not only fast, but nice and able to answer any questions needed.Special Features:
- Yummy food!! The hostess wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2012Yummy food!! The hostess was missing in action but other than that, wonderful New Year's Eve dinner! Great wait staff and delicious food!! Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Reliable service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012Reliable service, good food, Maria's is a favorite. I know I'll be nurtured and made comfortable. There is a family feeling that sends me on my way with both stomach and heart full.Special Features:
- Great place to pick up a biteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2012Great place to pick up a bite or have a whole meal before going to the Music Center. They even have the shuttle pick you up and return you to get your car after the show.Special Features:
- I'm not sure I would return.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2012I'm not sure I would return. The food was okay but service was slow.
- Food was adequate. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Food was adequate. Service was poor there were only 2 couples dining besides ourselves and we had to wait or find our server for basics. We ordered salads and were not given chilled forks and had to ask for additional forks for the entree. Pasta dishes were ordered and no additional Parmigiana was offered so I had to go find the waiter and ask for it.Special Features:
- Great for downtown working lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2012Maria's is a tried and true restaurant for downtown lunch. The staff is courteous and professional, It's easy to get in, even without Open Table, and the food is predictable. It' a nice, steady, predictable lunch place. I recommend it.Special Features:
- I apologize for our over-tiredOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2012I apologize for our over-tired babies. I'm glad you were nearly empty. However, if the waitress had gotten our order right the first time, they would have not been so hungry and there would have been less fussing. At least we had a great, compassionate busboy/man! We eat here all the time - my husband comes in almost weekly, so this won't keep us from coming back.Special Features:
- I'm a regular of Maria's KitchenOwlicksDined on 7/24/2012I'm a regular of Maria's Kitchen in Encino, and this was the first time at the downtown location. The food was as good as ever. The decor was more modern here, not the usual black and white checkered accents. The shuttle service to the Music Center was an excellent plus. Maria's was a very good choice for downtown, moderately priced dining.Special Features:
- Reliable LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2012Maria's is next to my office. It's a reliable restaurant for a quick bite. I almost always go with groups and love the booths in the back of the restaurant. Wait staff is getting better. Food is good and I like that they have half entres; it makes so much sense today,Special Features:
- As always an excellent restaurantLordginVIPDined on 6/8/2012As always an excellent restaurant where the food excels beyond expectations. The Calamari is always fresh and delicious but not too oily, the Rosemary bread is unique and tasty, The Chicken Primavera is one of the tastiest dishes anywhere and the service is always fast, friendly and efficient. Looking forward to the next visit!Special Features:
- enjoyed the experience...greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012enjoyed the experience...great service and excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Great Little Italian HotspotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2012This restaurant is fabulous. If you ever want some homemade Italian food that feels like homecooked, this is the place to go. They treat you like family. Prices are very reasonable too.Special Features:
- No shuttle service as advertised.DisappointedDined on 6/6/2012When I tried to use their valet parking service, it was full so I needed to find street parking. Also, there was no record of my Open Table reservation when I asked two people to check. Additionally, the restaurant states that it offers shuttle service to the Music Center, but it does not. I received a one-way taxi voucher valued at no more than $5. And the taxi was late for its arrival time, so a different restaurant's shuttle was kind enough to pick us up after I flagged him down so we could get to the Ahmanson on time. The food was good, but the service was slow, with the exception of a very attentive wait person who checked often to see if we wanted more of bread. Even paying for the bill was problematic.Special Features:
- An excellent restaurant thatLordginVIPDined on 6/4/2012An excellent restaurant that I frequent quite often. The food is diverse and delicious, the service is excellent and the ambiance is upscale. The city views from the tables are amazing as one can enjoy a great meal and "people watch!" Great job Maria's!!!Special Features:
- Our group consisted of threeFoodFanDined on 5/11/2012Our group consisted of three mothers and each of their three teen daughters. We were there to celebrate the oldest of the daughters being the first one to turn 18 years old; the other two were 17+ years old at the time. It was a great location, great food, great service. It felt like a hip grown up place to go for the girls, yet it wasn't a pick-up bar scene type of place. The sidewalk dining area at night was quieter than indoors so the girls and moms had good conversation. My daughter wishes more of her friends from the west side and from Santa Monica would be willing to come to downtown LA for dinner; she thinks Maria's would be a great place for older teens/young adults rather than going to CPK or Islands. Access to parking is tricky.Special Features:
- service was poor, but greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2012service was poor, but great food for our special occasion Lunch.Special Features:
- I've been using Opentable.comOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2012I've been using Opentable.com for the last 4 or 5 yrs and never been disappointed until last night. Maria's was a horrible let down. The host was dismissive in seating us. My "meat sauce" was bland and the pasta lacked flavor. Even though dinner was mundane, I was at least trying to enjoy the surroundings (the atmosphere is pleasing). That was until a group table was set up right next us and there went the peace and serenity of evening. I couldn't hear my friend sitting right across from me. The commotion subsided just long enough for me to hear a gentleman (whose back was to my left side) expel gas loudly! That was it! I was ready to go! No apology was offered from the staff for the lousy night but I did get some nasty attitude