5854 Urbana Pike
Frederick, MD 21704Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mariachifrederick.com/
- Phone: (301) 418-6367
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Allow Mariachi Restaurant to help you plan and host your office parties, family gatherings, or any special occasion. We provide on and off-site catering services.
To place your order, simply call or visit our restaurant and ask to speak with a manager. Please allow at least 72 hours notice on all orders. 24 hour notice is required for all cancellations. Thank you for choosing Mariachi Restaurant.
All of our menu items are prepared using only fresh, high-quality ingredients and cutting-edge cooking techniques.
We look forward to seeing you at your Fiesta!
- Entertainment: Live Music Every 1st and 4th Saturday!
A word from Mariachi Restaurant
Mariachi Restaurant was established in 2008 in Frederick, Maryland. We feature Spanish, Mexican, and Latin American cuisine, as well as a bar, fine wines and spirits, and delicious desserts. Enjoy happy hour with us from Monday to Friday, and celebrate holidays here with special entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mariachi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Family Birthday dinnerRigsfamDined on 10/19/2014Our family has dined at Mariachi several times. We like that we never have to wait long for a table and the restaurant is very roomy. During this visit, it was 8 of us celebrating two birthdays. The menu has all the basic Mexican fare and is always good. The server was prompt with the orders and keeping the chips and salsa filled. Our birthday gals were each given a free piece of birthday cake adorned with a candle and sombreros to wear during the singing of "Happy Birthday!" Great photo op!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealBirthdayDined on 9/13/2014We have been to the Mariachi many times now and it is one of our favorite restaurants. This time we brought some friends who had never been before and they really enjoyed it. The Masitas de Puerco was a big hit!! It was a bit noisy but the staff are very friendly and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLuv2dine2Dined on 8/18/2014SAIDA, hope I spelled it correctly. She was wonderful we will ask for her again, next time we are there. Thank you for making our evening.Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Mariachi Restaurant reviews archive.
- Review of restaurantRobertDined on 7/22/2014We had the nachos for an appetizer. Bonnie had the seafood enchilada and I had the beef and chicken enchiladas. The food was quite tasty and it was a festive restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagTigerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went with group of 3 of us. Entrees all around (chimmy, tacos, burrito) all very good. Salsa and chips good. Pitcher of margarita very good. Queso not great (tasted like melted velveeta with no spices/flavor added). Mussels very bad but when waitress noticed we didn't eat them she took off the bill. Overall would go back but stick to entrees ans chips & salsa.Special Features:
- Very good foodYummyDined on 7/4/2014Although the restaurant looked to be closed when we arrived for our reservation on July 4th, it was indeed open and we had a very good meal here. We shared the paella and it was very nicely prepared and served.Special Features:
- Not just a burrito place....lenden830Dined on 6/28/2014We always enjoy eating at Mariachi. The food always brings us back and we usually order the chef's specialties, like the Salmon Pacifico - yummy. The frozen blackberry margaritas are great. The wait staff does of good job too and is efficient. Our only complaint is that the salsa is messy - much too watery and drips everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience too much of a distraction.cedarVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food here is actually pretty good (with the exception of the watery salsa and chips that are too thin). However, the white suspended ceiling, plain walls and off-white floor give the appearence of a bus station, in my opinion. I had the fajitas with steak, shrimp and chicken, which were all nicely done and very flavorful. It's just that I'd recommend take out for my next order.Special Features:
- Great service, and great service!JHumpVIPDined on 5/27/2014We are avid fans of Mexican Food, and do so a few times a week. Mariachi never lets you down either. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- great place for any occasionlunchesdonewellDined on 5/23/2014We came to Mariachi to meet our son's new girlfriend and her parents for the first time. We could not have had a more enjoyable time. The music was so soft it did not interfere with our conversation... a big deal for us. Most restaurants have music so loud it is hard to hear conversation. The food was great, we ordered 2 appetizers which was a taste for the whole table of 7. Our order was completed quickly and we were eating dinner about 1/2 hour after we were seated, fine for us, it was a casual night. Dessert was wonderful. Coffee was really tasty. The fried ice cream is their thumb print. We had gotten a $10 coupon off the internet prior to getting to the restaurant and they honored that. Thanks Mariachi, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to the hypetvrs388VIPDined on 5/14/2014We went with a group of 10. While we had our own small room off to the side, the restaurant was pretty slow. The service was slow but it seemed as if our waiter was the only one working that night. The ceviche was tasty, but the fish was cut a little to large for my liking. The salsa was nothing more than watery tomatoes and large chunks of onion. The meals were fine, but nothing outstanding.Special Features:
- CASSVIPDined on 4/26/2014Decided to try this restaurant on a Saturday night. The place was bumping around 7:30. They seated us right away and continued to refill the salsa and chips. The food is good and very authentic. It's a busy place but everybody does their job and we had a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightBirthdayDined on 4/12/2014We had a large group at the restaurant on my birthday and the restaurant's anniversary. There was a live mariachi band which was fun and the food was as fabulous as always. Definitely one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Great Spanish/Mexican foodBirthdayDined on 3/30/2014We have not found a menu item we haven't enjoyed! It is fabulous food and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this restaurant highly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing. I don'tBradDined on 2/21/2014Very disappointing. I don't know why this place is so highly regarded. The food is barely average. We started out with an appetizer of oily tortilla chips and soupy nacho cheese. I had shrimp that was rather oddly seasoned but still managed to be bland, accompanied by runny black beans and undercooked rice. My wife and daughter each had tough, overcooked beef dishes. The open kitchen is a BAD idea. The smoke in the dining area was almost dense enough to cut with a knife, thoroughly permeating our hair and clothes; we all smelled like giant fajitas after we left! Our waiter was attentive but overworked by too many tables. The noise level: Atrocious! In short, if you want good Mexican food in Frederick, there are many other better places.
- Made a reservation for ValentinesJabalwinDined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for Valentines Day and I'm very glad I did. Food was great. The live Mariachi band was a bit loud but good. Tables were decked out. They gave roses to all the ladies. Getting out was the hardest part as we had to snake our way through all the bodies in the waiting area to get out to the parking lot. I'd like to go back again on a less crazy day but we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodgpimentDined on 2/14/20141. The food is just fantastic! This was our second time and we are ready to go back. 2. We only had two minor issues: We made our reservation for 6pm and our table was ready by 620pm. 3. Waitress forgot to serve our alcoholic beverages. Kids drinks were served quick. It took two reminders to get our margarita and beer. But, the place is just phenomenal! The food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation for 6:30pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation for 6:30pm (Valentines Day) and it took over 40 minutes to be seated. I understand that it is a busy night but why have a reservation. Server came up to the table after waiting 15 minutes (Chips and Salsa came quickly) and said "ar you ready to order?" Did not ask if we would like a drink (which we asked for first) and then we ordered dinner later. Food was good but all of the staff were runniing around. Kitchen does not have great ventalation and therefore any dish that is coming out hot and steaming causes a cloud of steam along the ceilng which is a little concerning at first. Not sure I would go back on a weekend as they do not seem to have control of the pace or organization of process.
- Happy Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We have been to this neighborhood restaurant many times. The food is always good, and very consistent. Staff is friendly and helpful. The space is open and bright. Dining there is always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePHoofDined on 2/11/2014We go here once a month or so, last time was a Tuesday night for my husband's birthday, so the place was not very busy. There were 6 of us at the table and all were happy with their food (including kids). Staff was friendly, service was good as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & great funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Our experience on New Year's eve was a very good one. Had heard your ad on the radio about the Mariachi band being there and we loved them and the food was great as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceTimmVIPDined on 10/19/2013Good menu selection Mexican dishes plus some Spanish options as well. The steak and the chicken in the fajitas were well flavored and tender. The frozen margaritas were more frozen than they were margarita—not very interesting. Overall, very good service and food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was high becauseRenameDined on 9/14/2013The noise level was high because of the mariachi band, but that's okay. My food was cold and bland and it was supposed to be hot. The server was very pleasant and the place seemed very family and kid friendly.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner ReservationsKitwicDined on 8/30/2013Had Friday dinner reservations for two at 6 PM. We got there a little early and were seated immediately. Mariachis serves Mexican and Spanish cuisine and we think they do it well. We had chicken enchiladas and rainbow trout with shrimp. Her trout was excellent and his enchiladas were better than any most. Next time will try the shredded beef instead of the chicken. Enchiladas came with Spanish rice and beans plus guacamole and sour cream. Trout was grilled with the shrimp and seasoned sauce. It came with black beans and seasoned white rice. Both meals were excellent as were the Patron margarita and Mariachi margarita. We will definitely return and recommend Mariachis to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Delicious ExperienceKCT2dineDined on 7/21/2013Mariachi is a wonderful restaurant. The food is outstanding, and the servers are courteous and efficient. There were no screaming children, no distractions from the dining experience, and the atmosphere was casual and comfortable. The prices are very reasonable, and you get plenty of food for your dollar. AND the fried ice cream is to die for! I highly recommend you experience this little Frederick gem!Special Features:
- Service was great. Staff wasCoquiDined on 5/18/2013Service was great. Staff was friendly and attentive. The nachos with beef were really good, they use real beef and not the stuff other restaurants use. The lomo saltado had great taste. I will definitely come back and try other dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply was not goodEvaWDined on 5/8/2013The salsa was really watery, loaded with onions and flavorless. The tamales were just sweetened cornmeal. The ceviche macerated far too long, so it was "over cooked" and very rubbery. Even the steak fajitas were flavorless and came as unsliced steak on a cast iron platter. Our margaritas were mediocre. No one in our party of food enjoyed our meal. We had mismatched cutlery, one knife was bent, dull and useless. It definitely was not upscale and the Open Table picture was very flattering of a rather dumpy place. Prices were moderately high for a place like this. We love good Mexican and Spanish food, this place simply was not very good.
- We really enjoyed out timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013We really enjoyed out time here at the restaurant. The food was GREAT, Service was excellent. Will go again.Special Features:
- Great food, great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2012The food was EXCELLENT. The restaurant clearly wants to be a more up-scale place, and it should be -- except for the fact that it is in Frederick and it's clientele is fond of ripped jeans and t-shirts. The other customers are the one thing that ruined the atmosphere, but the restaurant can't really control that without turning people away. We enjoyed the live Mariachi band, although my husband was a bit bothered by the fact that they were stopping and playing songs at every table. They never made it to us, which is probably a good thing, since he didn't want the music that close. But they were very good and I enjoyed hearing them. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant, but be prepared for noise, kids, and casually-dressed people.Special Features: