Margaux - Warwick Hotel, Seattle
401 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Margaux - Warwick Hotel, Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.margauxseattle.com/
- Phone: 2062192224x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 6:30am -11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am -2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00pm -10:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Lounge: 2:00pm - 11:00pm
Please join us Sunday mornings for our delicious brunch menu specially designed by Executive Chef Chris Zarkades. Treat yourself to a latte or mimosa while the friendly Margaux staff makes your experience memorable.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chris Zarkades
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Warwick Seattle Hotel is ideal for gatherings from 6 to 80 people in suites, meeting rooms or our prestigious city skyline view boardroom. For events as personal as a wedding reception or as important as your business. Off-premises catering is also available. When the outcome must be perfect, the Warwick is the perfect choice.
A word from Margaux - Warwick Hotel, Seattle
It's fresh, local, and it's Northwest. The eclectic menu brings together the best ingredients and elements of Northwest-style cooking with local influence and accent to create dishes you will love. The atmosphere is comfortable and informal enough to enjoy a quick bite out or a leisurely dinner. It's the Margaux, a little known secret that is sure to become a favorite the first time you pass through the doors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Margaux - Warwick Hotel, Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Slow and update neededBigMeatNoWhammyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food is marginal. One waiter so it takes to long to get served. Especially for lunch. Food might have tasted worse the more I looked at those dirty chairs and tables. The place needs an updating. Does the manager only come at night or when he/she is drunk?
- DiningLassDined on 6/22/2014Food was very good--notably the maple pork chop and duck breast are recommended. Our server was notably good.Special Features:
- Quick Bite to EatPandoraDined on 6/6/2014I purchased a Restaurant.com gift certificate so myself and a friend stopped in on a Friday night for a bite to eat. The food was delicious! I had the crab cake appetizer with a Margaux salad and both were very tasty. The crab cake is made with real crab! My friend had the Butternut Squash appetizer with a Margaux salad. The ravioli dish was like pizza.....it was delicious!!! Service is great, very helpful and friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good but not greatpsnewmanDined on 6/1/2014A good, though not great restaurant. Friendly and efficient. service. Prix fixe included a nice Caesar salad, a salmon dish with way too much going on that masked a nice piece of fish; The order of duck was ok. A bit dry and not all that flavorful. Standard-issue creme brulee was good. A note to anyone using a "Restaurant.com" certificate: The certificate notes that it can't be used with any special or promotional offers. This restaurant considers the prix fixe in that category. I don't understand this since it's part of the menu, is offered every day, etc. I didn't want to complain so we just ordered an extra desert (not bad cheesecake) and that brought the total up so the certificate counted. But still, a bit deceptive.
- dudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014considering the other restaurants available in the immediate area and this place's menu/price/service/quality/atmosphere - there's simply no reason to dine here, period. i went because i had a gift certificate, but the menu was so lame i couldn't even find a way to get to the minimum purchase to use it. nothing about it was terrible, but against the competition, the food and menu were inferior and the pricing uncompetitive.
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014With all of the really great places to eat in the Belltown area, restaurants need to be at the top of their game - creative, high quality, etc. The food here just isn't that special, and certainly isn't worth the price you pay for it. We are very happy with our server, and actually felt badly for her, as the pace was empty on a weekend at 7 pm. Now we know why. Live and learn.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Margaux - Warwick Hotel, Seattle reviews archive.
- Bad BreakfastKarenDined on 5/11/2014Food not good. Service slow. Ordered eggs benedict and yellow was as hard as fried egg. Also ordered eggs over easy and they were barely cooked.
- 63mikeDined on 5/4/2014The waitress and staff were most hospitable and went out of their way to serve us the meal we wanted and give us top service. WE were delighted with our dinner... not overcooked, large portion, hot... it was delicious. I also thought the bar/lounge would be a fun place to devour the three for the price of two appetizers offered on a tiered plate and another bowl of the razor clam chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinner!RemiQaineDined on 2/15/2014The special valentines 5 course dinner was exquisite. My lady and I were blown away by the high level of skill and artistry in the preparation and presentation of the dishes. The wine list was not as large as some places, but I would be hard pressed to turn down any of the wines on list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not recommendRENORODDined on 2/15/2014The rib eye steak was 50% fat. What meat there was was very good. My wife's dinner was cold when it was served.
- Valentine's day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014It was our 1st time there and we had no option but to order from the special menu which was pricey and was hard to order from since i have dietary allergies and couldn't order much without having to adjust my order. I really wish the regular menu was a choice. Our waiter was helpful but didn't know the menu very well and the service was kind of slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GreatRichCVIPDined on 2/8/2014Looking at the menu, I had high hopes. However, our meal was lukewarm at best and when I order duck breast rare, I really do mean rare...not medium. Very disappointed.
- Great Brunch in SeattleScottBenjaminDined on 1/5/2014excellent brunch at vintage restaurant. Good menu selection and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great! FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2014The food was great! Fresh and delicious, both meals we ate at this restaurant were delicious. Excellent service too! The staff were all wonderful, and very attentive. We will come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE dinnerKayfrenchDined on 12/31/2013Reserving a table for 4 on NYE was easy. Desserts were great, just husband had the steak and said it was tough and a huge portion with not enough vegetables. I had the scallop and prawn risotto when was great. Great service and atmosphere until it hot really smoky towards 930. Staff said they were cooking a lot of steaks, hence the smoke.Special Features:
- Disappointed222twodoorDined on 12/31/2013It was my first visit to the Warwick and the best description I can give is 'you get what you pay for'. The 5 course set menu was budget priced and so the quantities were quite modest and the quality of the food poor - crab cakes still frozen in the center? a steak almost more fat than meat? I would have rated the overall experience better except that the gratuity of 18% was automatically added and the meal took over 3 hours to be delivered. And the restaurant was not that busy. I was once a waiter for a number of years so I speak from a perspective of experience. And oh, did I mention the dining room became hazy with the smoke of cooking (burning?) food in the kitchen? I'm glad I wasn't wearing my Sunday best. Not my best New Years Eve.
- Low expectationsMC98116Dined on 12/31/2013After reading some mixed reviews around the web, I wasn't expecting anything amazing - after all, when you're able to get a New Year's Eve table when booking at noon that day, it's not a sign of a hot spot. But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The food was really quite good. My fiance and I both got the prix fixe, and it was both well prepared and a good value. My only criticisms would be the service could be stepped up - they're going for a fine dining vibe, but the staff seems sort of behind the 8-ball at all times, needing to be reminded that we need more than one menu, never replacing utensils that were cleaned up from the previous course, etc. On the same trying-to-be-fine-dining note: the Muzak has GOT to go. Very 1987.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerRoomwithoutaroofDined on 12/25/2013It was a last minute reservation on a major holiday. The staff was honest about being understaffed and worked hard to overcome being shorthanded. Food was delicious, atmosphere quiet and intimate without being overwhelmingly romantic but has the potential to be romantic if you wanted it for that. I'd recommend it for a medium prices special occasion.Special Features:
- Come for the food, not the service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013If you've read many Margeaux reviews, you know that they're not particularly service-oriented. This review won't tell you anything new on that front. It took a good 15 minutes to be served once we sat down, which was doubly disappointing because we arrived 10 minutes before Happy Hour ended. Running to the bar for drinks wasn't any better: the bartender was busy cleaning tables, passed right by patrons waiting at the bar for service, acknowledged us...and continued to the other side of the room to do more cleaning. What makes their consistently poor service a shame is that the food is actually really good. From salad to dessert, our dinner was delicious, with just the right flavors. We'd be back for more...if the service wasn't so bad.
- Xmas dinnerMorganDined on 12/25/2013I had a great time at their special. The Xmas menu was delicious, and the service efficientSpecial Features:
- Mixed BagJDwashereDined on 12/7/2013Had a gift certificate. W/ over 50% of our meal free, it was good value. At full price I'd have been sorely disappointed. Food was pretty good, just really slow to arrive. Service a bit nightmarish. Waited to be acknowledged by hostess who then excused the delay by explaining they'd just been "slammed". We waited about 30 minutes for the mussels & never did get any bread-- not during the wait, or later, with the salad. Dessert was the least delicious part of the meal and the coffee I ordered with it was only so-so and cost $4. Yikes. I can't imagine what would lure me back to Margaux. Maybe another $75 gift certificate, but then I'd skip dessert and coffee!
- Best Thanksgiving buffet!PretzelMonkeyDined on 11/28/2013My spouse and I dined here on Thanksgiving. Everything about the experience was top notch. The selection of dishes was great, everything was fresh and obviously made in small batches to stay so. Service was warm and friendly. Best of all was how everything tasted prepared from scratch...no institutional aftertaste, and was more flavorful and delicious than many home cooked Thanksgiving feasts I've experienced! If you get the chance to do this, GO! I've no doubt the Christmas buffet is probably just as good. Can't wait to go back and try their regular menu!Special Features:
- Went for Thanksgiving dinner.BodeVIPDined on 11/28/2013Went for Thanksgiving dinner. The buffet was good. My complaint is that they changed the interior from the normal - looks like they brought in rental tables and chairs. The table setting and ambience looked nothing like on their website. I went out for Thanksgiving dinner to have a special meal but it wasn't.
- Thanksgiving BeastDisappointedDinerDined on 11/28/2013The menu online looked great, a good variety and pretty traditional. The seating was quick, servers were attentive and helpful and the atmosphere was cozy and warm. Unfortunately, that's as far as our love affair went. The food was tasteless. The turkey was gamey, potatoes tasted as if instant potatoes were part of the pot, mushroom gravy and stuffing were flavorless, brussell sprouts were tough. We all agreed the cranberries were great and desserts just fine. We just wanted a tasty traditional dinner and ended up paying $151 (not including tip & including 2 drinks) and getting cafeteria quality. We won't be back.
- Changed?KokoDined on 11/25/2013The ambience has improved but perhaps the food has not. My previously favorite lamb dish was tough and tasteless.Special Features:
- The MargauxdragonriderDined on 11/22/2013Had a great time! Remembered this place after trying it on Restaurant Week. The Chicken stuffed with pork was awesome!! So savory and tender! Ordered the Margaux salad which was really great with the pears and goat cheese. The split pea soup was awesome according to the hubby. The potatoe skins were disappointing in taste and appearance. The apple crumb dessert was very tasty. Hugely disappointed over the profiteroles! The were burned and rock hard as opposed to last time I had them. Filling was only thing edible. Pressed for time so I didn't complain. The waiter was awesome and attentive. He made great recommendations and we were not disappointed. Lady concierge let us know we could park for free in the hotel parking lot! Total bonus!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodakhilaDined on 10/26/2013We ordered a soup and 2 entrees. The soup was cold and the entree was very average. The salmon and the lamb dish that we ordered had very little flavor. There were couple of pieces of lamb that were uncooked. Overall, the food was average and did not justify the price they chargeSpecial Features:
- Needs a little more loveMelisseDined on 10/24/2013Ambience was lacking, air was smoky and hazy, like something had gone wrong in the kitchen. Needs a facelift, seems outdated. Chefs dishes were well seasoned and prepared well, however the salmon did not taste juicy or fresh. Creme brûlée was made perfectly. Overall has potential to be a top restaurant if details and selection of ingredients were cared for.Special Features:
- Menu needs updatingSeaCVIPDined on 10/20/2013Unfortunately, the name implies French but nothing about it is French. The waffles are chewy and the rest of the food is mediocre. This place just needs a new point of view, a distinctive one.Special Features:
- Saturday DinnercoopDined on 10/12/2013Good food and service but seemed to be only one server for the entire room so we did not get that much attention. Never had to wait for anything just didn't hear about any specials, no talk through the wine list etc. The mushroom risotto was one of the best I've ever had. It was an app but should be an entree. Disappointed that there wasn't any linen on the tables like the pictures. It kind of brought the level down a few notches. Overall-good prices and good food.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedNOLAVIPDined on 9/2/2013We were hesitant at first, despite seeing good ratings...but will definitely go back! Very reasonable pricing, service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experiencecougar95alumDined on 8/23/2013Experiencing French food at this restaurant was excellent!!! The taste was unbelievable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodFamilyof6Dined on 8/8/2013We had a group of 5 ranging from a 14 year old to a 68 year old, and everyone enjoyed their meals. The vegetarian and meat lovers options were all excellent. Would definitely eat here again next time I'm in Seattle. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel restaurant with tasty foodDeannaVIPDined on 6/29/2013The ambiance is very old fashioned. The menu is classic American. The food is really good! I have eaten there twice and both times have been surprised by the quality of the food. If you are looking for hip, this is not it. If you are looking for a quiet, reasonably priced good dinner, give it a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie Margaux ReduxOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2013We have dined here off and on over the past 20 years most often on my wife's birthday. It has a nice old-style brasserie ambiance with the food at least good or better. The wine list, although not extensive, isn't bad. I appreciate some 1/2 bottle selection of reds and whites. The service is at best fair, often not quite that good. The cocktails are lacking considering the price and high standards set by similar cocktail lounges downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerpattyjaneDined on 6/6/2013We decided to meet for dinner at Margaux prior to attending a NW Ballet performance. The waitress was very good. Typically, we meet at The Dahlia Lounge for dinner so for the same price, the food, service and ambiance doesn't compare. We were underwhelmed. The place looks much like it did 30 yrs ago when the Hotel opened. It needs to be updated.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/16/2013We had attentive, thoughtful service, fine food and a lovely experience. The mussels appetizer is so good, it's enough for dinner with a salad. The chicken entree was also delicious. Both dishes were carefully prepared, tender, juicy and not overcooked. Excellent!Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchBirthdayDined on 5/12/2013As always, I waited until the last minute to make reservations. There didn't seem to be much for availability left. The choice to go to the Warwick was spot on. The staff was awesome. The food outstanding and my mother and wife were plenty pleased. This might be my first choice next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food & ServiceChowDownSeattleDined on 5/12/2013I have been to Margaux at the Warwick Hotel dozens of times. I live in Seattle, but I like to frequent hotel restaurants, as they tend to offer good food and great service. Margaux is no exception. I have been there for breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour, and I have never been disappointed. The food is consistently good to great and the service is top-notch! I would highly recommend checking them out!Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialmarconelliDined on 4/4/2013Food was acceptable, but really mediocre by today's standards. Boring, really. The three of us ordered paella, a mushroom and cheese melt (the daily special), and fish-and-chips, respectively, and the dishes were uniformly carefully prepared, but bland and uninteresting. And $4 for a cup of coffee? C'mon!