Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk
6000 Universal Boulevard, Suite 704
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072242155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The weather is here, wish you were! At Margaritaville Orlando we specialize in Corporate Team Building, Holiday Parties, Company Outings and Special Occasion Receptions! Imagine your event or occasion set against the backdrop of Margaritaville Orlando, with our erupting volcano, frozen margaritas and the 60-foot Albatross seaplane outside. -- We provide a variety of event options, event locations, and diverse menu selections all guaranteed to make your event or occasion a one-of-a-kind affair. -- For more information visit the Group Parties page at www.margaritavilleorlando.com
- Private Party Contact: Robert Ayala 4072246838
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music every night on the restaurant"s main stage, with a live guitarist each evening on the outdoor Porch of Indecision. Music ranges from Jimmy Buffett covers and island music to rock hits.
- Cross Street: Universal Blvd / Hollywood Way
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Convenient parking is available in the Universal Orlando parking garage. Valet parking is available daily at regular Universal Orlando valet rates.
A word from Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk
Jimmy Buffett"s Margaritaville is a mecca for Parrot Heads or anyone else who wants to have a good time and a great meal in the ultimate tropical setting. -- There is something for everyone at Margaritaville from The Lone Palm Airport,featuring Jimmy Buffett's very own seaplane, tiki bar with daily happy hour, and kids play area, to the many themed areas including the Volcano Bar complete with a giant margarita exploding volcano. -- The outdoor dining area, The Porch of Indecision, is a place where guests can sing along to Buffett tunes and socialize with friends. -- After dinner, the restaurant transitions into a swinging nightclub where dancing is a must and live bands perform every night of the week. -- The Smuggler's Hold merchandise store has caps, shirts, shorts, sandals, cups, shot glasses and the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker perfect for the beach or any occasion. You'll find all of Jimmy Buffett's CDs and books as well as that shaker of salt you've lost.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (50)kid-friendly (48)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (35)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (24)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (2)Show More
- A sweet 16 dinner... Fabulous!BarbaraDined on 9/25/2014We went doe my daughters sweet 16 with a group of 9 which turned into 13--they were very accommodating. There was a balloon creator (on stilts) who created a magnificent birthday hat for my daughter and all 5 of her friends--all attached! Everyone was loving the scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We were excited to eat here, and made a reservation. We were quickly sat, so that was great considering there was a long wait if you just walked in. But the food was just not great for the prices, and we have been at Disney world for 10 days so high prices are not something new, and the prices would have been tolerable if the food was good. I had a Cobb salad, and I believe it was $17, and I am sure I've had better salads at mcdonalds. We really wished we had gone someplace else since we only had one night at universal.
- Fins Up!SoupNaziDined on 9/20/2014Margaritaville at Universal Orlando Citywalk was our first stop on our recent trip to Orlando. The wait staff were friendly and the food was cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- JEB032558Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent burgers. The volcano lived up to its name as did the Cheeseburger in Paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to end the dayAngela111888Dined on 9/11/2014This was a great end to our day at universal. We were both looking forward to eating here because a few years ago we tried to eat here a had a hour and a half wait so are some where else. This year we made a reservation and were seated in about 10-15 minutes. The place was decorated in a cool island theme with screens place a variety of music videos. The music was also not to loud! There were two girls on stilts making balloon hats. Then they danced as a count down began for the volcano to blown that coordinated with the song on the screens. Really cool and really enjoyed the experience. He is vegetarian and I am not. Lots of vegetarian options and defiantly recommend the volcano nacho it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Jimmy Buffett ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Fun atmosphere, pretty decent food--great for Jimmy Buffett fans. Biggest problem though? This place has gotten way too pricey. I don't think I would go again if my step-dad weren't such a Jimmy Buffett fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PattyDined on 9/6/2014This dining experience was great fun for 4 older adults. The drinks, food and service were top notch. We loved the fun tropical atmosphere. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Visit to MargartiavilleBBarnettDined on 9/6/2014The food was good and the service was good. We were there on a Saturday night, so they were very busy with several big groups. We had made reservations-so had a minimal wait. If you are going on a weekend, I suggest making the reservation. We sat upstairs, so were removed from much of the hustle and bustle. But we also missed out on the volcano erupting and watching the men on stilts making balloon animals. I appreciated that I could substitute a salad for fries with my cheeseburger. The cheeseburger was large. All in all it was the typical Margaritaville experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal at CityWalkKatieKDined on 9/2/2014It's tough to find a good restaurant in a theme park, so CityWalk is a great option for individuals looking for a more substantial meal than just a burger and fries in the park. Margaritaville offered a wide variety of menu items and we were pleased with all of our choices. A little on the pricey side, but that's expected given the location. We sat outside and enjoyed the live music. Reservations weren't necessary since the outside area had open seating, but it was nice!Special Features:
- always a treatJoeyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Drinks are #1 -- food apps outstanding --- meals and choices very good. Overall always a fun night!Special Features:
- Amazing AmbianceSouthernheartDined on 9/1/2014Margaritaville is always a must when in the Orlando area. Love the ambiance. Key West Quesadillas and Volcano Nachos are two of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodChrissyVIPDined on 8/31/2014For a tourist trap, the service was outstanding, and the food was quite good. Our server, Carline, made sure that our 10 year old's birthday was duly noted. Good portion size and everything was fresh.Special Features:
- Restaurant of ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My wife and I stop at Margeritaville on citywalk everytime we are in Orlando, Florida. Everytime that we stop in there is a different vibe that is equally pleasant to the previoua visit. We also try something different on the menu than we had in the past and everything still taste greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and lots of funjustnosyDined on 8/26/2014Great place for large (or small) parties. Lots of food choices. Nacho volcano can probably feed four starving people!! Do not attempt to eat one by yourself! A must go to restaurant when at Universal/City Walk. Can get loud but entertainment abounds. Kids (adults too) can get stuff made from balloons from the entertainers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJohnDined on 8/21/2014Food ok not terrible but not great. Desserts are abysmally bad.music ok. Clowns ok. Drinks are watery and pricey.
- Universal FanMJ007Dined on 8/21/2014One of the on-site restaurants at Universal. This has great food and service, plus a large AC restaurant. A must have during the Orlando summer months, the outside deck area is great during the fall Halloween Horror nights. Its fun for adults, but entertaining for the kids too. The volcano is literally a big hit, and the food appealing to my kid's picky palettes.Special Features:
- I should have keptChrisDDined on 8/17/2014Searching elsewhere for my lost shaker of salt. What a tremendously disappointing dining experience. Te place was crowded, not busy necessarily but crowded. My wife ordered a margarita. With a premium price tag and a name like margaritaville, I was expecting a good drink.Instead an overly frozen 3/4 full glass of sugar and alcohol. I've had better margaritas in airport lounges. This was after a 25 minute wait, because our waiter decided he wanted to visit all his tables, get several drink orders before proceeding to the bar to submit his drink tickets' and so we waited and waited. During this time we saw our waiter exactly zero times. Food was meh, but too $$ for what we got. This place has bad value written all over it.
- Great food and friendly serviceslcagcDined on 8/16/2014My family and I always enjoy eating at Margaritaville when we are at City Walk in Orlando. It has a fun, casual atmosphere, great food and drinks, and very friendly service. And with our Open Table priority seating reservation, we waited only ten minutes on a Saturday night around 7 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigjacksreviewDined on 8/15/2014great lively atmosphere...great food ! too loud if you want a quiet romantic environment though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Luv2goDined on 8/13/2014While visiting Universal in August, having lunch at Margaritaville was one of my best moves! I would highly recommend taking a break from the Florida heat and lines to enjoy a great meal! Don't miss the nachos. Everyone in our party ranging in age from 14-52 loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undercooked & Rushed Servicehangout123Dined on 8/12/2014The main entrée came within minutes of the appetizer. The burger was undercooked. Although the waitress was willing to get me another. Based on these two things, they were looking to get you out fast Plus the guy on silts was annoying. I had better experience at the one in Myrtle Beach but thanks to Orlando I will never come back
- Great time, decent food!ParkerDined on 8/10/2014The service was great during our trip to Margaritaville - our server was attentive and friendly and had great suggestions. We both had the Cheeseburger in Paradise and it was great -- much better than the average chain restaurant burger for sure!Special Features:
- I like this but needs changeCirce330Dined on 8/10/2014Been here many times but I'd like to see a change. The decor is dated. Food is still good. Nachos are enormous!Special Features:
- Good music, So so foodLuvVacationDined on 8/6/2014I love the tunes and beachy feel. There is lots of excitement with the big screen videos. The food is OK. Typical American fare. I was disappointed on this visit that they do not make Mojitos, since it is a full service bar. I guess it is MARGARETTAVILLE. Our server was not up to par on this visit either. She brought the wrong meal for my daughter and instead of bringing the correct dish with no question, she said the one she brought is what she wrote down and would that be ok. My daughter too embarrassed to say no, kept the dish and didn't eat.Special Features:
- Nothing specialFab5FamDined on 8/6/2014While on vacation, we try to go to different places than those we have at home, but were disappointed in this just okay meal. The kids enjoyed the volcanic eruption, but other than that, there was really nothing memorable. Even the margarita flight was not all that great--we had better ones at the Bula Pool Bar at Royal Pacific Resort. Perhaps as a nighttime hot spot, it would have been more fun, but for dinner, I would not return.Special Features:
- excellent experiencesean121Dined on 8/2/2014We were on vacation from Massachusetts doing disney and other Orlando attractions. The food was extremely good especially the nacho appetizer. Our server Jason was phenomenal. So attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, everything you want in a good server. Fun atmosphere for any age. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- always a pleasure great drinksyumyumgirl42Dined on 7/29/2014Food great service wonderful I will plan my next vaca around eating here great musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014Have been there in the past with good experiences, but this year seemed more just going through the motions, service poor, last time we dine here.
- Fun and great foodKGraeDined on 7/21/2014We had a good time . The service was great and good food . My family gives it thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tries hard but sadly a skipWCGKDined on 7/19/2014Food was cold and drinks were warm- music was what you expect and the overall ambience was needs to be retired
- Terrific Theme DinningNailedITDined on 7/13/2014Loved this dinning experience for 4! Open Table made it easy to add guest to our table and the seating was great no matter where we sat. The table service was delicious and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodluvgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014Happy they could accommodate gluten free eating. Fun place in a fun area. Everyone liked what they ate.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, exceleent serviceQueeniDined on 7/12/2014Always enjoy stopping in to Margaritaville when in town. This visit was for my daughter's 21st birthday. The staff was amazing. Wonderful memory for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eatcrawfyotDined on 7/8/2014Ate here our first night at Universal, it was fun and kids loved it especially as they had staff on stilts who made balloon animals. Food was ok, nothing exceptional. Bring your ID as I was not served a drink as I had forgotten mine even though I am 37 years old and was dining with my 42 year old husband and 10 year old daughter.Special Features:
- No thanksSleepySmurfDined on 7/7/2014I don't do reviews. I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now.Special Features:
- Love this place!!Lisalivinlife13Dined on 7/4/2014My boyfriend and I LOVE Margaritaville, are favorite things are: Seafood Mac & Cheese, Asiago Crab dip and Perfect Margarita's I do have to say that with the 10+ times we have been to the Orlando location together we have only had good service from wait staff on one occassion, it seems the Orlando location does not require a high standard of service. But we love the place so keep going back!Special Features:
- MIchaelR823Dined on 6/27/2014disappointing that the part of the restaurant we were seated at was not large enough for our table of 6. it was an uncomfortable seating arrangement. we could hear no music at all and no festival mood at all in the area we were seated.. have been there before and much more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeVacaDined on 6/26/2014Had a great time with the family. Definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Best Nachos EverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014This is our second time to a Margaritaville. First time was in Jamaica where we got burgers and an entree. We were amazed when an order of nachos passed by our table...it was huge. We decided a that moment that we would order them at our next visit. Orlando's Margaritaville was clean, friendly, and lively. The nachos were great!!!!! They were enough for 3 of us to share for lunch.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We waited 20 minutes after our reservation time - this was stated as a possibility in the confirmation e mail. Service fast , efficient and friendly . Food excellent, noise level - too much for us but there was a mixed crowd enjoying themselves . Stilted entertainers very good but did ask if we wanted to participate , rather than forcing themselves on usSpecial Features: