Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk
6000 Universal Boulevard, Suite 704
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072242155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The weather is here, wish you were! At Margaritaville Orlando we specialize in Corporate Team Building, Holiday Parties, Company Outings and Special Occasion Receptions! Imagine your event or occasion set against the backdrop of Margaritaville Orlando, with our erupting volcano, frozen margaritas and the 60-foot Albatross seaplane outside. -- We provide a variety of event options, event locations, and diverse menu selections all guaranteed to make your event or occasion a one-of-a-kind affair. -- For more information visit the Group Parties page at www.margaritavilleorlando.com
- Private Party Contact: Robert Ayala 4072246838
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music every night on the restaurant"s main stage, with a live guitarist each evening on the outdoor Porch of Indecision. Music ranges from Jimmy Buffett covers and island music to rock hits.
- Cross Street: Universal Blvd / Hollywood Way
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Convenient parking is available in the Universal Orlando parking garage. Valet parking is available daily at regular Universal Orlando valet rates.
A word from Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk
Jimmy Buffett"s Margaritaville is a mecca for Parrot Heads or anyone else who wants to have a good time and a great meal in the ultimate tropical setting. -- There is something for everyone at Margaritaville from The Lone Palm Airport,featuring Jimmy Buffett's very own seaplane, tiki bar with daily happy hour, and kids play area, to the many themed areas including the Volcano Bar complete with a giant margarita exploding volcano. -- The outdoor dining area, The Porch of Indecision, is a place where guests can sing along to Buffett tunes and socialize with friends. -- After dinner, the restaurant transitions into a swinging nightclub where dancing is a must and live bands perform every night of the week. -- The Smuggler's Hold merchandise store has caps, shirts, shorts, sandals, cups, shot glasses and the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker perfect for the beach or any occasion. You'll find all of Jimmy Buffett's CDs and books as well as that shaker of salt you've lost.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Margaritaville at Univeral Orlando Citywalk reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (53)good for groups (45)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (41)great for outdoor dining (35)hot spot (32)late-night find (25)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (15)scenic view (14)great for brunch (8)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)Show More
- MehJohnDined on 8/21/2014Food ok not terrible but not great. Desserts are abysmally bad.music ok. Clowns ok. Drinks are watery and pricey.
- Universal FanMJ007Dined on 8/21/2014One of the on-site restaurants at Universal. This has great food and service, plus a large AC restaurant. A must have during the Orlando summer months, the outside deck area is great during the fall Halloween Horror nights. Its fun for adults, but entertaining for the kids too. The volcano is literally a big hit, and the food appealing to my kid's picky palettes.Special Features:
- I should have keptChrisDDined on 8/17/2014Searching elsewhere for my lost shaker of salt. What a tremendously disappointing dining experience. Te place was crowded, not busy necessarily but crowded. My wife ordered a margarita. With a premium price tag and a name like margaritaville, I was expecting a good drink.Instead an overly frozen 3/4 full glass of sugar and alcohol. I've had better margaritas in airport lounges. This was after a 25 minute wait, because our waiter decided he wanted to visit all his tables, get several drink orders before proceeding to the bar to submit his drink tickets' and so we waited and waited. During this time we saw our waiter exactly zero times. Food was meh, but too $$ for what we got. This place has bad value written all over it.
- Great food and friendly serviceslcagcDined on 8/16/2014My family and I always enjoy eating at Margaritaville when we are at City Walk in Orlando. It has a fun, casual atmosphere, great food and drinks, and very friendly service. And with our Open Table priority seating reservation, we waited only ten minutes on a Saturday night around 7 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigjacksreviewDined on 8/15/2014great lively atmosphere...great food ! too loud if you want a quiet romantic environment though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Luv2goDined on 8/13/2014While visiting Universal in August, having lunch at Margaritaville was one of my best moves! I would highly recommend taking a break from the Florida heat and lines to enjoy a great meal! Don't miss the nachos. Everyone in our party ranging in age from 14-52 loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, decent food!ParkerDined on 8/10/2014The service was great during our trip to Margaritaville - our server was attentive and friendly and had great suggestions. We both had the Cheeseburger in Paradise and it was great -- much better than the average chain restaurant burger for sure!Special Features:
- I like this but needs changeCirce330Dined on 8/10/2014Been here many times but I'd like to see a change. The decor is dated. Food is still good. Nachos are enormous!Special Features:
- Good music, So so foodLuvVacationDined on 8/6/2014I love the tunes and beachy feel. There is lots of excitement with the big screen videos. The food is OK. Typical American fare. I was disappointed on this visit that they do not make Mojitos, since it is a full service bar. I guess it is MARGARETTAVILLE. Our server was not up to par on this visit either. She brought the wrong meal for my daughter and instead of bringing the correct dish with no question, she said the one she brought is what she wrote down and would that be ok. My daughter too embarrassed to say no, kept the dish and didn't eat.Special Features:
- Nothing specialFab5FamDined on 8/6/2014While on vacation, we try to go to different places than those we have at home, but were disappointed in this just okay meal. The kids enjoyed the volcanic eruption, but other than that, there was really nothing memorable. Even the margarita flight was not all that great--we had better ones at the Bula Pool Bar at Royal Pacific Resort. Perhaps as a nighttime hot spot, it would have been more fun, but for dinner, I would not return.Special Features:
- excellent experiencesean121Dined on 8/2/2014We were on vacation from Massachusetts doing disney and other Orlando attractions. The food was extremely good especially the nacho appetizer. Our server Jason was phenomenal. So attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, everything you want in a good server. Fun atmosphere for any age. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- always a pleasure great drinksyumyumgirl42Dined on 7/29/2014Food great service wonderful I will plan my next vaca around eating here great musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014Have been there in the past with good experiences, but this year seemed more just going through the motions, service poor, last time we dine here.
- Fun and great foodKGraeDined on 7/21/2014We had a good time . The service was great and good food . My family gives it thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tries hard but sadly a skipWCGKDined on 7/19/2014Food was cold and drinks were warm- music was what you expect and the overall ambience was needs to be retired
- Terrific Theme DinningNailedITDined on 7/13/2014Loved this dinning experience for 4! Open Table made it easy to add guest to our table and the seating was great no matter where we sat. The table service was delicious and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodluvgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014Happy they could accommodate gluten free eating. Fun place in a fun area. Everyone liked what they ate.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, exceleent serviceQueeniDined on 7/12/2014Always enjoy stopping in to Margaritaville when in town. This visit was for my daughter's 21st birthday. The staff was amazing. Wonderful memory for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eatcrawfyotDined on 7/8/2014Ate here our first night at Universal, it was fun and kids loved it especially as they had staff on stilts who made balloon animals. Food was ok, nothing exceptional. Bring your ID as I was not served a drink as I had forgotten mine even though I am 37 years old and was dining with my 42 year old husband and 10 year old daughter.Special Features:
- No thanksSleepySmurfDined on 7/7/2014I don't do reviews. I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now.Special Features:
- Love this place!!Lisalivinlife13Dined on 7/4/2014My boyfriend and I LOVE Margaritaville, are favorite things are: Seafood Mac & Cheese, Asiago Crab dip and Perfect Margarita's I do have to say that with the 10+ times we have been to the Orlando location together we have only had good service from wait staff on one occassion, it seems the Orlando location does not require a high standard of service. But we love the place so keep going back!Special Features:
- MIchaelR823Dined on 6/27/2014disappointing that the part of the restaurant we were seated at was not large enough for our table of 6. it was an uncomfortable seating arrangement. we could hear no music at all and no festival mood at all in the area we were seated.. have been there before and much more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeVacaDined on 6/26/2014Had a great time with the family. Definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Best Nachos EverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014This is our second time to a Margaritaville. First time was in Jamaica where we got burgers and an entree. We were amazed when an order of nachos passed by our table...it was huge. We decided a that moment that we would order them at our next visit. Orlando's Margaritaville was clean, friendly, and lively. The nachos were great!!!!! They were enough for 3 of us to share for lunch.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We waited 20 minutes after our reservation time - this was stated as a possibility in the confirmation e mail. Service fast , efficient and friendly . Food excellent, noise level - too much for us but there was a mixed crowd enjoying themselves . Stilted entertainers very good but did ask if we wanted to participate , rather than forcing themselves on usSpecial Features:
- Fun family dinnerUsnTheKidsDined on 6/21/2014We made a reservation on Open Table, and arrived about 15 minutes late (just due to being unfamiliar with City Walk). The retaurant didn't seem to have record of our reservation, but the host was very accomodating and we were given a beeper and seated within 15 minutes. Service was great. The restaurant was pretty busy, but we were able to place our order and get our drinks quickly. While we waited for dinner, we were treated to an entertaining couple of men who walked around in stilts and made balloon characters for the kids. They were very friendly and we loved it! The food was good-not exactly great, but perfectly good, and the price was what we would have expected at this very touristy location. All in all a very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014We try to eat at Margaritaville every year on vacation and it never disappoints. Great atmosphere and good basic grub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYCVistorDined on 6/15/2014I made a Father's Day reservation in advance for an early dinner as we have young kids. We were hoping to sit downstairs where they have the people coming around making the balloon animals to help entertain the kids while we wait for our food however we were sat upstairs and by the bar. I ordered a there top rated burger and my husband the surf and turf needless to say we were not happy. My burger was just eh, my husband's steak was over cooked and he got 3 little shrimp as the "surf", and even our kids chicken strips were over cooked! The only plus was our waitress who was great! She kept checking in on us, kept our drinks filled and was very friendly. Sadly we will go see Jimmy in concert again but we won't be back to his restaurant.Special Features:
- AwesomeSoundguuDined on 6/14/2014Food was excellent best nachos ever. Great place overall to eat tons of funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, food okayfoodnfunDined on 6/14/2014I'm glad we tried this because the atmosphere is very fun, especially if you're a Jimmy B fan (great music). Drinks were very good, food was just ok. The dessert shooters sounded good but were disappointing - seems like they are premade and chilled, leaving the cake portion dry. Service was good. Fun gift shop too.Special Features:
- Decent Food, Decent ValueSoundPirateDined on 6/13/2014Face it, you dont go for the culinary experience. So food was as good or better than expected. We were seated in the upstairs bar cafe area but that was okay as we dont like it as loud as the main floor. Asked to get in and out to see a movie. They were fast. They had a Pirate on stilts doing ballons for kids. Good mix of kid entertainment and adult beverages. Everyone liked the food and we ordered across the menu.Special Features:
- MargaritavilleeatoutalotDined on 6/12/2014Not easy to get to unless you are already at Universal. The food is average, nothing special. The whole deal about the volcano is overblown. No reason to go back.
- It's 5 o'clock somewherestarzlghtDined on 6/9/2014We had rushed into town after a 9 1/2 hour drive, the restaurant was very accommodating with our reservation and our server got us in and out of the place quickly since we had tickets to a show. I love this place always fun and friendly with huge portions.Special Features:
- Food was disappointingJenHDined on 6/5/2014The food was okay. We were served over baked, dry, film on the cheese pretzel appetizers that got sent back. Burgers were sizeable but tasteless. Caesar salad was drenched in dressing. Fish and chips and calamari were the best items we ate, but still not the greatest. Disappointed - what we thought would be a fun restaurant with great food, was just fun.Special Features:
- Waitress with attitude!VacaGirlDined on 6/4/2014I wish I could have said my overall experience was great. The food was great the surroundings were great however the waitress was not. Right from the beginning the waitress had a bad attitude for what reason I don't know. She couldn't even refill our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaritaville @UniversalLaurieDined on 5/29/2014Not quite the same as Key West! but still good and worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great musicsteveODined on 5/26/2014We went on Memorial Day evening. The restaurant was packed with tourists inside and outside. My dinner reservation at 8:30 could not be found in their computor system when we arrived at 8:15.The host was friendly and handed me a pager.We were seated within 20 at a good table near the main stage.Within a few mi m min we were greeted by a waitress and served great specialty drinks.All six of us had enjoyed the food and the live band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticbrianDined on 5/24/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Make a reservation. Took the kids and had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively PlaceJenFDined on 5/23/2014We dined as a party of seven on a Friday night. While it was busy, there was no wait. The margaritas and drinks were excellent. The food was good. The service was great. We enjoyed watching the volcano blow and the balloon guy on stilts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasting Away AgainMarg062Dined on 5/17/2014Great location on the City walk. Our waitress was very nice and friendly. My steak wasn't that great it was a bit on the tough side, but my son enjoyed his burger. You cant go wrong with Land shark beer. Set up very nicely and the music is always good at any Margaritaville.Special Features: