Margaret Kuo's - Media
4-6 West State St.
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Margaret Kuo's - Media
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.margaretkuo.com/
- Phone: 6108920115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
A word from Margaret Kuo's - Media
The tradition of excellence in food and service is continued at Margaret"s jewel in Media where authentic Japanese menu is served along with Northern Chinese cuisine. The master chef was trained by Tokyo's Imperial Kitchen Staff and works closely with the owner Margaret Kuo to bring you superior Japanese cuisine. The cuisine from our Chinese kitchen is as authentic as it is refined. The culturally evocative interior is intimate and cozy in a contemporary Asian setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Margaret Kuo's - Media reviews from OpenTable diners
- YumYumVIPDined on 5/11/2014We always have a good meal here. The hot towels are a nice touch to kick off the meal as well as the cucumber and hot peppers that come on a plate along with the spicy peanuts. We really like the sushi and have tried a number of the rolls. The moo shu chicken is very good and they roll the pancakes table side. The spicy chicken dish was not as spicy as anticipated but still good. Very good service and will be back again to try out something new at the sushi bar
- Best Peking DuckOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014By far best Peking Duck I've had in Philadelphia. I live near Chinatown and I still prefer the Peking Duck from Margret Kuos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice. Sushi rolls wereSteveDined on 4/12/2014Very nice. Sushi rolls were very fresh, service was great too. Seafood dumplings (Goya) we're great, definitely will return.Special Features:
- Restaurant week... a disappointmentPamelaDined on 3/13/2014Only 2- 3 course choices for $30. ... 1 from Japanese side and 1 from Chinese. We chose the Japanese... appetizer tiny, tiny. Main course and dessert, good but not great! I hope that the menu improves for future restaurant weeks... In my opinion, they should have 4-5 choices and should post their menu on their website a few weeks prior.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Considering how reputable Margaret Kuo's establishments are in the area, this was a real letdown. The sushi was mediocre at best, and did not taste fresh. The service, although friendly, was not timely and did a poor job explaining menu options. Also, our side of the restaurant was freezing because of people entering and exiting the door. At least the wine selection was decent.
- enjoy the food the serviceduckreedDined on 2/14/2014enjoy the food the service was good.would recommend it to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaret Kuo's dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014It was freakin AWESOME. Great everything. It has become our official "spot!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitSatisfiedDined on 2/1/2014We had sweet and sour pork and it was very good. The appetizer of cucumbers was delicious. We will definitely return to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy our mealsYumYumVIPDined on 2/1/2014We always enjoy our meals at Margaret Kuo's. The sushi was very good (spicy tuna roll and cucumber roll) and the chicken satay was a hit for the entire table. I really like the warm towels they give you before the meal and the pickled cucumbers and roasted nuts are a nice kickoff to the meal. We had the salmon with garlic, scallion sauce which was good but not outstanding. we had a bit higher hopes but still solid. There are a number of other items on the menu we are looking forward to trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for late lunch/earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014Went for late lunch/early dinner. Menu has many choices. Specialty teas are a highlight on the menu. Sushi and Sashimi lunches were excellent with a great variety of flavors. Would highly recommended. Only negative is tables are pretty close and you can over hear the conversations of from other tables. If there's a very busy night it would probably be very distracting.Special Features:
- Service was lackingnatureboyagDined on 12/25/2013This was the third year in a row we ate there on Christmas. And while the food is as good as ever, the service was not. The staff seemed overwhelmed by the number of customers, even though they're always busy on Christmas. The hostess was struggling, we didn't see a waiter for a while. One finally took our order, but then she disappeared and someone else was our waiter. He tried hard, but he didn't seem to know what he was doing. The food, as mentioned, was very good.Special Features:
- merry xmasgr8f00dVIPDined on 12/25/2013took my son for christmas dinner and everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!YamseyDined on 11/29/2013This is my favorite Chinese place. The food is divine. The sauces are exceptional. There is also an expansive sushi bar if you like that kind of thing. We brought my parents here who were visiting from out of state and they loved it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Media Kuo's Fell ShortmarshacopeDined on 10/26/2013Five of us had dinner there early Saturday night. Two of us split the Peking Duck, on of the chain's claims to fame. It was dry and tough, served with few scallions, and wrapped in a crepe that needed a steak knife to cut. The accompanying sauce was superb. My husband's lamb was similarly served in crepes and was also overcooked to the point of charring, tasteless, and tough. Our other two friends' dinners, the Lion's Head and Imperial Fried Shrimp were very good and the Fried Rice with Shrimp was delicate and delicious. The service was uneven, with a long wait for a second glass of wine, and even though we'd told our watiress we had a show and needed to be gone by 7:30, I had to go get her so we could make the play. I won't be back.
- Great fresh foodBobIDined on 10/25/2013Overall a very good experience. Food was fresh, and the chicken and shrimp were high quality. The food was somewhat salty, and while the value was good, the price was much higher than what you would get at a typical Chinese restaurant. Service was very good, but our server was hard to hear and understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is a good thing...weJcatVIPDined on 9/21/2013Consistency is a good thing...we have been here a few times and we are always satisfied. We got the "boat" for the first time this visit, and it was glorious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time here and we lovedYumYumVIPDined on 9/15/2013first time here and we loved it. great service and something on the menu for everyone. Really liked the spicy pepper chicken dish as well as the peking chicken. the kids had a number of optins as well and the server was extrmely friendly and nice. will be back to try the sushi!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service failedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2013We had a group of 6 for Labor Day evening. They brought water and plates of peanuts and pickles along with our menus to get us started... Then we waited 40 minutes for a waiter to show up and take our drink and food orders. Apparently they were short handed so no waiter was assigned to the table. The food was decent when it finally came, but not memorable.
- Sushi was awesome. AtmosphereluvsushiDined on 8/3/2013Sushi was awesome. Atmosphere and service were outstanding. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food Here Is Okay, butJohnny5Dined on 7/31/2013The Food Here Is Okay, but don't make the mistake of not updating your reservation. my party was changed from 4 to 2 last minute, and this clearly frusterated the owners who sat casually in the entrance of the restaurant. we were forced to wait much longer to be seated, and our service compared to the other patrons around us was delayed. i would not recomend this restaurant and will never return. there are much better options all within walking distance in media.Special Features:
- Great food, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013I have regularly eaten at Margaret Kuo's original restaurant in the Granite Run Mall, but I had not eaten at the Media location. The dining experience met my expectations and I would be happy to recommend either location now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013I have been driving past this restaurant for years and finally went with my family. They have an excellent Chinese and Japanese menu. The service was excellent and handled any questions we had. As a note, the Jasmine tea is out of this world! Wonderful experience and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentJarymaneDined on 6/28/2013My husband and I often eat at Margaret Kuo's without a reservation but there were 4 of us this night, so we used "Open Table" to be sure. Our table had a reserved sign on it when we arrived. It's quiet, dimly lit, peaceful. The food is consistently delicious, beautifully presented, and the service is excellent. If you like Japanese and Chinese cuisine, you can't hope for a better experience. In addition to knowing the food will be very good, the people who work there are what make it special ..... they are very gracious and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013Absolutely incredible meal. Perfect everything. Love this place so much! Service is a bit relaxed... But it makes for a very relaxing meal and you will want the extra time to savor the incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian food anywhereLloydDined on 6/22/2013I consider myself an "expert" in Asian cuisine and every time I eat at Margaret Kuo's in Media I am really blown away by how consistently good it is. The preparation and quality of the food is just outstanding. I have never had anything there that was less than excellent. It is truly a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2013I've heard great things about this restaurant so my husband and I with another couple gave it a shot during Dining Under the Stars a few weeks ago. Things started great, friendly service, apppetizier was decent but nothing amazing, then came the entrees. The server recommended this seafood bamboo dish. Both me and the other girl ended up sending it back (and I never do that!). It was inedible. It was basically seafood mush in a ball and friend with some funky spongey bamboo in a super thick sauce floating on the side. It literally took 20-25 minutes to find our server to send it back. Ended up just ordering a california roll (figured that was safe), came home and ate a snack an hour later. Not rushing back and not recommending it.
- quality and quantityjmh7221VIPDined on 6/15/2013My family and I had a wonderful birthday celebration here. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared and presented. The food felt and tasted much more authentic than a standard Asian restaurant. The staff was attentive and very kind. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service time an issueBearVIPDined on 6/12/2013I enjoy a relaxing meal, especially for "under the stars" dining, but we could only sit at our table so long without any contact with someone from the restaurant. The wait was long to get service from the start, but it was the wait for the check at the end that was mind boggling, at least half an hour. We had to wave to others from the establishment, and they could not even figure who from their staff had our table. Again, it was beautiful evening, and we did not mind taking some extra time on the streets of Media, It is too bad they let this happen, because the food is very good. The salmon entree was fantastic. It is a great menu for an Asian restaurant. The quality is there. They are just not organized for dining under the stars.Special Features:
- BusylokaaugunumDined on 5/22/2013Granted we went on a busy night (wednesdays in Media have the Dining Under the Stars) but the waitstaff was very slow to take drink orders, refill drinks, bring check, etc. It was a good thing we were not in a hurry cuz our dinner experience lasted over 2 hours... My friend ordered the Royal Duck which was amazing (as it should be for $36) but my filet with bourbon reduction was only ok and not exactly worth the $25 it cost.. Drinks were delicious (mangotini and asian pear sakitini) and food presentation was very good. All in all, glad I went but most likely wont go back (a lot of great restaurants on that street).Special Features: