417 Frazier Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcoschattanooga.com/
- Phone: 4237102568
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Roger Burrows
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering selections are prepared from scratch by our award winning Chef Roger Burrows and range from cornbread to caviar. His extensive range will allow us to guide you in creating your perfect menu for your next event. Please call or check our website for any inquiries or to simply set up a time to discuss your event. www.MarcosChattanooga.com or (423) 710-2568
- Cross Street: Tampa St.
- Public Transit: The closest public Transit stop is a little over a block away on Frazier Ave. and Tremont St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is parking along Tampa, more in the rear of the building (with elevator access from basement level), and between the bicycle shop and Woople building located on Tremont St. Signs are located at entrances to both private lots.
A word from Marco's
Northshore"s newest upscale dining experience with a casual atmosphere provides a unique gathering place for this eclectic community. Combining old age authentic Italian recipes with New Age artwork and a contemporary martini lounge creates a warm yet modern ambiance. Our accredited Chef Roger Burrows, previously with Ruth's Chris, brings to Chattanooga his extensive range of experience and award winning recipes which stretch well beyond Italian. His fabulous creations, accompanied by the most extensive martini selection and wide variety of wines by the glass, complete a most memorable dining experience. Let Marco's customize a menu that fits you for any banquet or catering function. We are dedicated to providing our valued patrons with the freshest quality products made daily from scratch. Once you experience all that Marco's Italian Bistro has to offer, we know that you will be saying, "Make It Marco's" more and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marco's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not the best, but goodtravelerDined on 5/3/2014Very casual food. We ate outside and it was quite noisy as it faces the street. (A very busy street!). The drinks were good and the chicken picata and chicken parmesan were good, but not great. Service was very slow. He apologized, but it still seemed to be unusually slow considering it was not that busy when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed dinner at Marco'sHep7Dined on 4/26/2014We live in the area, and had intended to go for a while. Finally had an opportunity to go this past weekend. Very easy making reservation on OT, and not too crowded when we got there. Wife and kids seemed to really enjoy their dinners. My eggplant pamiggiano was one of the best I have ever had. Caesar salad was sevrved in an interesting manner - slightly warm from a quick moment on the grill. Would not do that every time, but did enjoy it. Chef and server were attentive to my kids' allergy needs. (Thank you!) Martini was the best I have had in a long time -- would have appreciated a fuller pour. Wife enjoyed her wine. We will definitely return. Nice work Marco's!Special Features:
- SmearSmeatDined on 4/25/2014Excellent service including a suggestion from Zach to just get 1/2 a grilled Caesar instead of a whole oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingBrutusDined on 4/25/2014Second time to Marcos and this trip was a disappointment. Sat outside, which was very nice, but service was poor. Food delivered but was cold by the time waitress returned 20 min later w salt, pepper and cheese. Ordered dinner special, which was bland, mediocre. Goid spot for drinks with friends, but not a great culinary experience. It was just bland experience overall.Special Features:
- AverageChatlineDined on 4/19/2014Good location, easy parking and ambiance fine. Service was excellent. A Sat night, 6 PM and not very crowded. Booth was uncomfortable. Caprese salad nice but lacked flavor, basil missing. the balance of the meal was average, all I can say, uneventful! The food for the two of us was just average and probably not return. Pasta overcooked and with the sauce a sticky pile.
- Good food lacks atmosphereKPowersDined on 3/29/2014The food was incredible but the decor needed to be updated desperately. Jazz music was nice, a little loud. I have severe food allergies ie, gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance. They were somewhat familiar with these issues. I would love to see a gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryHungryhungryhippoDined on 3/24/2014Bread with the pasta would be nice. A bit pricy for size and taste quality.Special Features:
- andiamo a mangiareOldManDined on 3/21/2014Don't be fooled by the booths and modern decor. This place is the real deal, plenty to eat and great presentations. Desserts are borderline AWESOME.Special Features:
- A nice SurpriseDawesDined on 3/17/2014When I walked in I was a little worried, I felt like we had come in the back door and didn't know if anyone had seen us come in. But was met pretty quickly and seated. Andrew was our server and he was great. I was disappointed that your wine list on your website was not up to date, But I did enjoy your South of the Border Martini. The food was amazing,it has to be one of the best italian meals I have had, it is totally right up there to the meal I had in Rome Italy. I will recommend you guys and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good End ResultGregDined on 3/1/2014It was a cute restaurant and we were well taken care of. Only a couple of issues. The wine choices were very weak and more than that they did not match what was on the website menu. Bad! The menu was a bit confusing with a lot of "this+this and add on this" dishes. They have a nice foundation to build upon.....Special Features:
- While visiting family I noticedmooseDined on 2/28/2014While visiting family I noticed the restaurant and asked about it. Family had never been so I suggested we try it. Very pleasantly surprised. Martini selection was awesome. Wine selection limited but good. Food arrived timely, hot, large quantities and was delicious! We all had a to-go box.Special Features:
- Once was enoughVinceDined on 2/28/2014It was a very disappointing experience. We ordered several appetizers and entrees and everything was at best mediocre.
- ReliableGuidoDined on 2/25/2014A nice reliable stable eatery with good fare, service, ambiance, and prices. I have revisited and enjoyed every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected greatness, just got good!!GHOST9MM1Dined on 2/15/2014Off reviews, we chose Marcos. I made an 830 reservation and arrived early. There is no where to wait inside being such a busy restaurant. I stood around feeling awkward because it was too cold outside. We didn't have to wait long though. Service was great and friendly. Martini menu is excellent as well. The only real complaint I have is they put red onions on everything we ordered. My wife hates them and it did not say anyone on the menu that those dished came with them. Overall I was expected greatness and got pretty good. I had veal parmesan and she had shrimp carbonara. I make my own fresh pasta at home so Im pretty picky. I skipped the dessert for fear of more disappointment. Id say try it once at least and form your own opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, definitely not 'great'BestNUDined on 2/15/2014My husband & I took a long overdue romantic trip together over Valentines weekend. We reserved a table in advance which I would definitely advise as it was very busy. The dim lighting & faux fireplace made it quite cozy! However, the place could use a nice deep cleaning. The drinks were fabulous & the fried ravioli appetizer was exceptional. Unfortunately throughout the rest of our dining experience we encountered multiple problems. The service was quite slow & not as attentive as a full service restaurant should be. After our long wait, my chicken was severely overcooked & dry. My husband's entree was very bland too which was disappointing. We decided not to send it back because it was so late. We decided to skip dessert after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatKyleDined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent. Service was nothing special at all.Special Features:
- Marco'sJordanDined on 2/14/2014Good menu. Great location. Can't lose by choosing Marcos for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for valentines day!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had an excellent valentines day dinner with another couple. Both my boyfriend and I had something off the special menu. It was sooooo good. The strawberries and champagne - along with the long stem rose I received when entering- was a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findteemsterDined on 2/14/2014While waiting for our table, we had a cocktail. The martini selection was great. The manager and bartender were very attentive. Our dinner was great. We recommend the Pesto Cream sauce and Formaggio Ravioli fritti. I would have liked a larger wine selection, however we will certainly return and maybe try the patio this spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very polite and courteousValentinesDinnerDined on 2/14/2014Very polite and courteous staff. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marco's MagicRickDined on 2/14/2014A nice north shore restaurant with good variety of items on menu. Service always excellent and staff helpful with special requests, and chef and assistant chef keep turning out tasty dishes. Also, prices very reasonable, and many portions large enough couples with less than hearty appetites can share. Waiting staff very willing to help out with such a request to share. Has both booths and tables, and a bar area that is lively for post-work get-togethers. Unlike so many restaurants these days, noise level permits conversation at decent decibel count.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a hidden gemcigarclayDined on 2/14/2014I've been to Marco's twice. Both times we were well taken care of by the staff who was very professional. The food has been great, excepting the pasta, which wss overcooked each time. The wine list is strong with good depth amd breadth to give a wide selection. The custom cocktails are generous, creative, and delicious. Im very happy with the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the rough & great valueWillDined on 2/14/2014I will admit, the decor inside could use some updating. But the food here was fantastic. We made a reservation for Valentine's Day after booking a last minute weekend in Chattanooga, so most of the well known restaurants were already booked up. And I'm glad they were. The fried egg carbonara is a must try. The rest of our meal was excellent as well, and the prices were not bad at all on the wallet. My only complaint is the dessert was a little bit small, but honestly the other dishes were very generous so I didn't really need to eat a huge dessert. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten at Marco's twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We've eaten at Marco's twice (once inside and once outside) both experiences were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day dinnervcaylor77Dined on 2/14/2014I chose the spinach and chicken ravioli with marinara, and he had the eggplant parmesan. Prior to the meal, I had a signature martini from the bar, made dirty. It was shaken so well that there were ice bits floating at the top, just the way I love it! Our food was great, our server was great, and Marco's is definitely a place to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014This was our first visit and we were pleased with food and service. Our seating request were done and were fine. The only thing I would change is open up the dinning areas, they seem chopped up, lots of dividers and walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeTruleyDined on 1/14/2014We were at Marco's early on a Tuesday, so there were only a few customers. The menu suggests several pairings for each selection. That is very helpful. It is an option to order a carafe of wine, as well as by the glass or bottle. Our server was patient and helpful with menu choices. Our dinner was delicious, the prices quite reasonable. Good casual dining. We plan to return. Our only difficulty was finding parking. That seems to be a common theme in North Chatt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New YearNewYearsRayDined on 12/31/2013We have dinned here before, Open Table made it so easy to make a reservation for New Years Eve. We enjoy Marco's if you go always ask what the Chief's Daily Specials are. This is one of the better restraint's in Chattanooga. To me it is upper scale Italian. but also has other items on the menu, if you have others in your group that do not want Italian. The Wait staff has always been great and knowable. If you give it a try I hope you will have the same experience as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantSuzanneDined on 12/11/2013Marco's is a great neighborhood restaurant. Nice casual atmosphere for drinks after work and/or an evening dinner. Great food! An overall, great experience. I would highly recommend Marco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and very goodCNCDineDined on 11/22/2013Excellent food and very good service! Def will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFoodLoverDined on 11/16/2013We decided to try something new for my brother's birthday and boy am I glad we decided to go here! The food was delicious and they have an awesome martini list. The martinis were to die for! We tried several and the Sophia Loren being my favorite. I would urge anyone in the area to go try it out. It's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but nothing memorable.DocGDined on 11/9/2013Another couple invited us to join them. It was fine but there was nothing special about the place to lure me back.
- Hooch 2013austinaveragegirlDined on 11/2/2013perfect place for late night pasta and wine. online reservation worked great, table was ready for me and the service terrific. Food and wine were super and the staff friendly. Would definitely go again! very fun!Special Features:
- Good food and GREAT serviceScooterVIPDined on 11/2/2013Dined here before the theater. Food was delicious and Cate, our server, was fantastic. She was polished and showed up at just the right times to pour wine or ask how our food was. My husband had the chicken carbonara and I had the veal scallopini on arugula. Both dishes were delicious. The bottle of Chianti we had was also great. A great addition to the North Shore area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but bring your own wine?dinedevineVIPDined on 11/2/2013The food here was really good. I had the Alfredo with an egg on top and it was excellent. My wife and son had different raviolis which they were really happy with (and I tried them too - both great). Started with meatballs and bruschetta, both good. Perhaps a little heavy on the cream in the sauces, but otherwise impressed by the food. The wine list is really short, so would highly recommend bringing your own and paying for corkage, and to be honest if you're going out for a romantic dinner this probably isn't the spot (paper napkins, no candles), but if you just want some good food then it fits the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Waitress wasjeanVIPDined on 10/28/2013Food was good. Waitress was sweet. Location is central. it was perfect for a quick mid week meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?10ecgalVIPDined on 10/19/2013We've been here several times and the service has always been slow. This visit was the worst. In addition, the spinach salad that we really enjoy has changed--not for the better. We won't be back anytime soon.
- Good PlaceDaveDined on 10/19/2013Food was excellent. Service a little slow, but acceptable. Close to the theater.Special Features:
- Great Italian!abourciDined on 10/1/2013Just recently moved to Chattanooga. I've been looking for a great Italian restaurant and I found it with Marcos. The atmosphere, food, and service were great. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outTeenieDined on 8/17/2013This place was great for a girls night out. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed the good, drinks and dessert! Plus, the service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.