Marco's Trattoria - West Hollywood
8200 Santa Monica Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90046Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Marco's Trattoria - West Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcoswesthollywood.com/
- Phone: 3236501060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 12:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Marco's Trattoria - West Hollywood
Marco and his beloved ‘mamma’ opened a small trattoria in West Hollywood in 1993. With a lifelong passion of hospitality and a deep love of the food from her Italian birthplace, they created a neighborhood trattoria and pizzeria that spun over a decade of fabulous ‘home cooked’ foods, wonderful loving friends and the culinary memories of an era long gone. Now, 16 years later, a new ‘Marco’s’ is born but the philosophy is identical. Create a neighborhood restaurant where: The energy is upbeat and without pretense. The food is wonderful and memorable. The prices are fair and value driven. Our menu and diverse wine list have been created to offer a vast variety of comfort food flavors spanning the culinary globe. Upscale in the quality of ingredients and presentations, yet centering on that original Italian restaurant started so many years ago with a single ideal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marco's Trattoria - West Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (8)romantic (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ladies Night OutHappyCamper2Dined on 9/13/2014We decided to try Marcos after checking out the reviews. It was a Ladies night out for 5 of us. We were headed to dinner and the theater. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was good and the food was good as well.Special Features:
- Great Food!!ILoveFoodDined on 9/8/2014There were 3 of us, each ordering something different. All felt the food was outstanding. Personally I ordered the Eggplant Parmiggiano and it was the best I'd ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Score-- again.bmc24Dined on 9/7/2014Went to brunch again at Marco's was not disappointed. Although we did have to wait a fairly long time after being seated (immediately got to sit down as we had a reservation) for someone to acknowledge us more than water, but other than that it was a great time!Special Features:
- great neighborhood spotLisaVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find this little neighborhood spot with attentive staff and good food. We ate outside which included lots of people watching. Portions were ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionjanerDined on 8/18/2014We had a very nice evening. Relatives were visiting from Wisconsin and thoroughly enjoyed their dinner.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysil2eVIPDined on 7/29/2014We go to Marco's about once a week and it never disappoints. Excellent service, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Foodzeke00Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent Food and Service as always. Enjoyed the fact that we were able to sit there eating and drinking mimosas for awhile.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Below-average food and terrible service. It was the first time I haven't left 15% in years. The waiter came to the table only to take our order and bring the food, and didn't even bother coming to drop off the check or collect payment. Luckily, another waiter took pity on us and handled the bill so we could leave. The food was unremarkable at best, but we won't be returning if only because of the service. Avoid.
- Once again it was amazingzeke00Dined on 7/12/2014As always Marco's was an amazing experience, with delicious food.Special Features:
- Excellent service, Nice lunchcablainerDined on 6/25/2014First time there. Service was wonderful. I had the lobster ravioli and it was good. The cheese parmesan seasoned fries, they were awesome. Overall good. A bit expensive for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Servicezeke00Dined on 6/21/2014Had a fantastic lunch with Bottomless Mimosas. Great Food & Excellent Service. Loved it and will continue coming!!Special Features:
- FranDined on 6/15/2014Good service, the staff recommended the perfect meal that wasn't on the menu. They need better champagne for their brunch mimosas- undrinkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EaterVIPDined on 6/6/2014Having CNN playing, with it's accompanying violence, is really unnerving and unnecessary during dinner. We were a party of 3 and asked for a booth, but was told they're reserved for parties of 4. Comfier tables only for bigger checks? Rude. Food was very mediocre.
- TommythebutcherDined on 6/3/2014Great meal, wonderful service. An excellent neighborhood trattoria with an extensive menu. The only downside to Marco's is the parking. Unless you find a spot on the street, and good luck with that in West Hollywood, you have to park across the street at another restaurant's lot and then navigate the traffic on Santa Monica Blvd. But, it's really worth it.Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the Marco's Trattoria - West Hollywood reviews archive.
- Good neighborhood ItalianSoCalTravelerVIPDined on 5/14/2014We found metered parking on the street with no difficult. There are public parking lts in Wet Holywood as well. Our wine needed to be chilled, something our server spotted. However, a Pinot Grigio should be in the refrigerator before the customers arrive. Lasagna was good. Bread was typical, not great. Caesar salad was typical. Service was slow, but we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- nothing exiting...aaronmcDined on 5/11/2014sorry but was mother's day... place was empty but we still didn't get served till after 10ish minutes we got there... Food was great but we almost had to ask to the waiters to come so we could get refills and bread... again.. great spot to just pass by... for a celebration not so exiting...
- Excellent Food & Excellent Servicezeke00Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent & Excellent Service makes me want to come back time & time again!! You will not be disappointed by any of the Hearty Italian Dishes in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchKizofdragonDined on 5/2/2014Came here with Living Social deal, unfortunately it's not good for their lunch specia or happy hour menu, bummer! Food is good, but a little expensive, unless you're ording the lunch special, which seems to be a better deal.Special Features:
- MagziDined on 4/27/2014Hilary is the BEST server ever!!!!!! Brunch food was really great too! Will definitely be back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not honor reservations!FoodieExpertVIPDined on 4/25/2014Just a warning, if you make a reservation at this restaurant, they do not reserve you a table. I made a reservation for 7:45 on Friday night, keep in mind people make reservations timed with their schedules and when they make you wait 30 minutes after your reservation it screws up your whole night.
- Good but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/22/2014NIce, small trattoria across the street from Connie and Ted's. Good food, but not great. Eggplant parm nice, garlic rav too oily, calamari nice, caprese salad fresh and tasty. Reasonable beer prices. Quaint patio seating as well. parking - free residential street parking a block or 2 away. Can also use Connie and Ted's valet parking or metered parking.
- Make it to Marco's!rockrikVIPDined on 3/20/2014My wife and I have dined here about half a dozen times and always enjoy excellent service and food. Although not regulars, we are made to feel recognized and treated like family. We have never had a bad course there. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointedBenBuddyDined on 3/6/2014This is our sixth time at Marco's. We took another couple wiht whom we dine at least once a month. We had a wonderful meal about a month ago as a couple. The manager served us. Thies time the manager was not there and it was not as crowded on a Thursday evening at 7:30pm. The staff did everything to make it a good meat, but the kitchen was off and my soup and two of the dishes (pasta) came cold to the table. The wine we ordered was not sufficiently chilled to taste and we had to wait almost 20 minutes for it to chill in an ice bucket. This was their most expensive white by the bottle. The dessert (cannolli) was not as good as our time before. it was strangely cloying. When the manager isn't there the kitchen is disorganized.Special Features:
- Great price for great foodJuicylipsDined on 2/21/2014They serve large portions and great meals for meat eaters and vegans alikeSpecial Features:
- Great foodJuggsDined on 2/20/2014The food was great but the service was lacking.....their beet salad is to die for and the fig appetizer was great.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceVesbuchesDined on 2/16/2014The food is great and the service is even better. Endless mimosas are outstanding. They refill your glass right when you need a refill. They will accommodate your party size. Love it. Pizza is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food and poor service...StylishEatsVIPDined on 2/15/2014I was excited to try Marcos since recently moving to the neighborhood. My boyfriend took me Saturday night. We arrived at 830 and sat outside. No waiter came for at least 15 nineties then he realized we were upset we place our order then. Calamari, gluten-free carbonara, and lobster Mac n cheese. The calamari app took another 35 minutes to come out! At that point we asked for out food to go. So waiting 50 mins for apps and another 25 for take out we were furious. The waiter offered us dessert on the house which took another 15. No sense if urgency. The food was ok, but nothing special. The lack if urgency was so disappointing. Such a let down!Special Features:
- My top 3DJAristonDined on 2/14/2014I have been going to Marcos for a few years and I never get tired of this place and I remember just googling Italian resturants and this popped up and decided to try it out and I'm so happy I did 5/5 rating for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointsil2eVIPDined on 2/14/2014Love this place. Food is great, great service and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missdinnerVIPDined on 1/30/2014We likes this the first time we went a a lot. This was our second visit and we were not happy. The service was mediocre and the food not well prepared. My pasta came out sitting in a pool of oil, for example. We loved our recent first visit here and hope this was a fluke.Special Features:
- I ordered spaghetti and meatballs.CFettVIPDined on 1/23/2014I ordered spaghetti and meatballs. They meatballs were not good and the sauce was tasteless. Could have been so much better with a little effort. Come on Marco's! This is such a simple dish.
- Just really didnt like theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/21/2014Just really didnt like the food here. The waiter was nice and worked hard but got my order wrong.
- Exceptional Italian FoodBenBuddyDined on 1/10/2014Tthe food at Marco's is made with an authenticity that brings new quality to old recipes. The gnochhi is lightlly pan fried which gives it a rustic flavor, but the sauce is made from peeled fresh tomatoes and finely cut basil, garlic, could not detect onions, but magnificent and not salty. My wife had the chicken marsala with fresh vegetables and mashed potatoes. She said it was very good. Enough for most women for lunch leftovers. Two lovely glasses of red from a choice of 18 by the glass. Reasonable prices. I love their salad but it is a little sweet for some. Ask. OK, I know nothing about cannolli, but theirs is enough for two and we ate the whole thing and were amazed. Parking can be challenging on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemVSheriDined on 1/5/2014We craved Italian and found Marco's to be absolutely fabulous. It is a small intimate restaurant with great food at great value with a respectable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable foodCW19Dined on 12/30/2013There were 4 of us that dined. Service was outstanding. 2 of us really liked our food and two were so-so. Gnocchi was good . . . lobster ravioli was not the best.
- Really good.LaurieDined on 12/24/2013Went here for Christmas Eve. It was not too crowded and the service was really good. The wine and the food was excellent. I couldn't finish it all and was even glad about it, because that way I had an excellent lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food but the serviceelroyVIPDined on 12/17/2013Love the food but the service was unusually bad this time--very inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTonyDined on 12/15/2013Great authentic Italian food. Excellent staff that aims to please.Special Features:
- must visit in wehoJosephSalDined on 12/15/2013My second time in la and first time I came across this restaurant by chance and it was AMAZING! Decided my girlfriends and I all from nebraska should go back and let them experience it. Had great good and love the endless pouring of mimosas. Our server this time was less than attentive to our table of 6 but more into his friends at his other table. We did not allow it to upset us we just had to ask others, but we will visit again and hope that we get a perfect 10 all the way around next time like our first experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceWeHoBrianDined on 11/27/2013Terrific dinner for our party of 5. Excellent and professional wait service by our server Chris and team.Special Features: