184 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marconyusa.com/
- Phone: (646) 837-6020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm/ Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch & Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 12:00pm to 4:00 pm
To the valued customers, The Marcony restaurant will be closed June 29 - July 6 for Vacation . The restaurant will reopen on Juy 7th. We apollogize for your inconvenience. We thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Pipolo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Mother's Day Marcony will be open from 12:00pm to 9:00pm. We will be serving our "A la Carte" menu with an amazing list of specials exclusively selected to celebrate Mother's day!
A word from Marcony
Multi-Level Italian Restaurant offering two private dinning areas, outdoor seating and an intimate low ceiling bar.Continued
Painted white and blue with dark wood and chrome accents, the space suggests a small yacht cruising around the Isle of Capri.
Painted white and blue with dark wood and chrome accents, the space suggests a small yacht cruising around the Isle of Capri.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marcony reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (23)romantic (15)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful!eaterVIPDined on 11/17/2014My husband and I ate here because the location was convenient. UI expected a run-of-the-mill neighborhood Italian joint but found Marcony to be an unexpected delight. Wonderful food, knowledgeable and attentive service, all around a terrific dining experience. We will come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soothing, very pleasant Italian at Lexington/32 StUnited2millionmilerVIPDined on 11/13/2014I dined here on a Friday night at 9pm. Immediately felt welcomed and had my choice of several tables. Tall ceiling with a balcony level so the noise level was quiet. Had one of the several pasta specials plus the branzino. Wow! Spinach fettuccine with very fresh mussels perfectly cooked. The branzino was the best I have ever tasted, ultra fresh, generous portion. Very pleasant service. These 2 dishes, a large bottle of mineral water, tax, and tip came to $100, but it was worth every penny! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, amazing food and serviceMarkDined on 11/12/2014This is a restaurant worth travelling for! Marco and his team have a top of the line menu, very attentive service, a very good wine list, and nice ambience for those romantic date nights, friends / family dinners, or just a solo spot to get a very classy dinner. Do yourself a favor and give them a try, you'll become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a family dinnerIkeNYCDined on 11/11/2014I brought my family to Marcony and it was a lovely setting for dinner for 4 with ground level and upstairs dining opens. Beautiful decor and a pleasant atmosphere. Service was excellent: attentive, reliable, and personable. Food was prepared to request and elegantly served. Nothing extravagant, reasonably priced, and something, based on my first try, I would consider a Murray Hill staple for Italian food.Special Features:
- Great find !djnofnycVIPDined on 11/5/2014Excellent food & service in a lovely setting. Restaurant has 2 upstairs areas, which feel very private but still open. We were able to have a quiet conversation. It was priced accordingly but appropriately. Highly recommended for people with high standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expectedEndeavourVIPDined on 10/30/2014Picked this place on short notice for dinner with a colleague who wanted Italian as it was near my office. I had walked by it several times and never thought to try it, my mistake. Yes it was a typical italian menu but the food was done very well. Great burrata appetizer, veal chop cooked perfectly. Service was excellent also: attentive waiter and very friendly host. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply sorprendente!leadbelly91Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant was absolutely fantastic. The service, the ambiance, the food, the presentation, the wine - everything you would want from an Italian restaurant whilst on your holiday. Could not recommend enough. Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent30ndDined on 10/23/2014Have been several times for dinner at Marcony's. Give it high score for consistent service, food and ambiance. Always gracious in their welcoming. Fish such as Chilean Sea Bass and Branzino are excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious Quality FoodnyretiredgalVIPDined on 10/22/2014The venue is intimate and you can converse and actually hear one another without shouting! Our calamari and tuna appetizers were delicious. The branzino and lamb dishes perfectly prepared. Desserts were better than average especially the coconut bread pudding which was outrageous. We couldn't figure out what wine to pick so we told the waiter what we liked. The one he selected was perfect. The service was impeccable. Don't be shocked when you get the bill - it is very pricey!Special Features:
- A don't miss restaurantDonDonVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit. It immediately became our new favorite restaurant in NYC after our dining experience. Outstanding. Knowledgable staff, wonderful server, Anna, and the owner, Mr. Marco Pipolo was delightful. You will not find more friendly personnel from top to bottom at Marcony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemdowntowndinerDined on 10/7/2014We've been going to Marcony regularly for business lunches since it opened. Every meal has been stellar. More than once, my clients have asked me to look the other way while they wipe up the remaining sauce on their plate with their bread. It's that good. I would highly recommend it for formal lunches or dinners, special occasions, or just a romantic evening. I've taken clients, my grandparents, and a group of friends, and it's always a hit. The service is always excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Murray HillHoneyBadgerVIPDined on 10/1/2014We've been to Murray Hill many times, and dined at Marcony based on a strong recommendation from friends. We weren't disappointed! The wait staff were friendly and attentive, the ambience is chic elegance, and the food was divine. We were seated at a cozy balcony table overlooking the restaurant and our server was fantastic. I highly recommend the octopus salad and the veal medallions - YUM. We had a drink at the bar before dinner, and it's got a nice vibe and great cocktails.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014Expensive, but worth every penny! I would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every way!CoopDined on 9/20/2014Had dinner here based on recommendation of friends. Was not disappointed. Wonderful atmosphere, great service and outstanding food. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really excellent ItalianMPfromOCVIPDined on 9/10/2014I had the veal with mushrooms....it was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Murray Hill gemPTalentiVIPDined on 9/6/2014I'd walked by this place many, many times whenever I visited my mother, who lives in the area, but I'd never gone in. Finally I made us a reservation and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. The owners were extremely helpful and attentive (it didn't hurt that we spoke Italian), and the food was very, very good. Also the wine list was much more extensive than one might expect from another Italian restaurant of the same size. I definitely plan to return. I have a feeling it might become my mom's "spot."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints--sometimes amazesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014Nothing unusual about this visit except we sat upstairs for a change. The food was good but didn't blow us away on this visit (usually something really surprises us). Service was excellent. Stuck to basics--zucchini blossoms, linguine with clams, chicken with lemon sauce, tartufo. All were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningChrislDined on 8/6/2014Great food, awesome service and nice outside dining. Everything about Marcony was wonderful. Great appetizers...the eggplant was served like a soufflé and was the best I ever tasted. I was there with my two grown sons who both work and live in the city and they loved everything about Marcony. Our waiter David was perfect. We were never waiting long for food or drinks nor were we rushed. I felt like we were the only ones there till I walked inside and saw that the restaurant had filled up. All in all a very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, outstanding serviceCharlesDined on 8/2/2014We changed our plans last minute and chose to book to Marcony. What a great surprise we had. We were looking for a place for a romantic dinner at the end of our trip to NYC. We were instantly surprised with the service which was fast, courteous and accurate. The food was also great, but the white and black truffe cream sauce tortellinis my wife ordered were a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y fantastic! It's a must for pasta lovers. The sauce is just amazing! Thanks Marcony!Special Features:
- AlexBVIPDined on 8/1/2014Superb in every way. Always a great experience at Marcony. Superb food with a very congenial owner.Special Features:
- The following 400 reviews are from the Marcony reviews archive.
- Delightful EveningFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Met friends here last night. We had never been to Marcony's but had been recommended to it by family. While the menu is not very diverse they do offer many wonderful specials. The dover sole, in particular, was one of the best dishes I have ever had. The staff is very friendly, the service was excellent and the food absolutely sensational, though quite pricey. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- eldeeDined on 7/26/2014WE found Marconey's online looking for a good place for lunch in the Murray Hill area. It was a Saturday and the place was empty. But, it is a beautiful, small, REAL Italian restaurant with the feel of the Amalfi Coast. The food is fantastic. We had very traditional and delicious Linguini and Clams, Shellfish pasta (Gluten Free) with Fra diablo sauce that was excellent and a fantastic fettuccini bolognaise. Salads were great as well and the service was fantastic. Of course we were about the only ones there, but that doesn't always mean great service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Marcony never disappointsjeddkarenVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our group of four enjoyed a delightful and well-paced meal. The gazpacho with lobster was a highlight for me as was the artichoke salad. We also shared a wonderful Dover Sole and linguini with clams. Our friends were very pleased with the stuffed zucchini flower, the branzino and fettucini with porcini mushrooms. Desserts were also fantastic. We will soon be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014i have been to this restaurant quite a few times and ejoyed it everytime...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Although the food was very good when it arrived, the restaurant forgot to make one of the entrees for a party of four and seemed very surprised when the entrees were delivered that they only had three for a party of four, asking "Did someone not order an entree?" Really? Then, instead of taking all entrees back, they served the three. When the bill came, we noticed that specials were about $20 higher than the typical price on the menu. If a restaurant is going to charge that much of a differential, they should specifically disclose the price of the special. Despite good food and a very pleasant ambiance, I would not return to this restaurant.
- sun1sun1Dined on 7/10/2014wonderful food. this is my 4th. or 5th. time with friends for dinner at this great neighborhood spot. everyone i have taken has agreed with my assessment of consistent, above average quality and large, big selection of italian luscious dishes. i will certainly be back to enjoy and share this special find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014Number one rule for a waiter- acknowledge the people at a table even if you can't get to them right away. We had a 7:30 reservation. We sat down at 7:35. We were served our glasses of wine at 8pm. Not cool. Waiter was nice but not smart. Could only do one thing at a time. Didn't think to offer pepper. I had to ask for everything. This is the first time I'm complaining about service at this restaurant. It's usually very good. Didn't ask how I wanted my salmon cooked. I like medium rare. My salmon came out rare. Also never happened before. Oh well, every restaurant has an off night. This was clearly one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray Hill must757983VIPDined on 7/8/2014Lovely spot on Lexington at 32nd St. Food, service, and ambience all excellent with more space between tables than most similar spots. Friendly staff and ownership make this well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Special Place - DeliciousAffection4FoodDined on 6/26/2014Hosted a special lunch for out of town visitors. The services was top-notch, and they even created an appetizer sampler plate for each of us which made it easy to taste all and beautiful on the table. I've eaten here before, but not reviewed--the food is always delicious. Only a few in our party ordered alcohol which was not a problem at all. Love the Sea Bass here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not really memorableMichiganloverDined on 6/21/2014Food was very good, albeit typically high Manhattan prices. We brought our older children,one of whom is still quite picky. Definitely not a restaurant for kids - $20 for plain spaghetti to appease the youngster. However, in Marconys defense, they clearly are not targeting families with children and that's ok. The food the rest of us had was very good. Service was good but the server quite awkwardly shared with us his experience milking cows back in Italy and went on to describe how they would slit pigs throats! Clearly not appropriate dinner (or ever) conversation. He was new so maybe nervous, but very nice and service was attentive. We ate early because of show tickets so few people in the restaurant - therefore hard to rate ambiance.Special Features:
- Marcony - notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Although the food was good, the server steered me toward the veal special when I asked for a recommendation between that and a pasta. What he failed to tell me was the cost of the special - $65 which I thought was outrageous. To top it off, I was originally brought a veal chop instead of the veal special and therefore did not receive my correct meal until 20 minutes after the 3 other people I was eating with. To be fair, the staff acknowledged their mistake, apologized and brought us free dessert. However, I would not return - good food but extremely pricey for what it was.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014Great as always!! Pasta is number best in the city. Marco makes every patron feel at home..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marco Makes You Feel Like a King!tvmannVIPDined on 6/6/2014Service with a smile, some very tasty dishes and you cannot go wrong! All the people who work there work very hard to give you a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Good neighborhood spot but priceytablehopperVIPDined on 5/31/2014Marcony had good food but I know I could eat elsewhere for less and just as good. The service was outstanding and it was refreshing to see the owner making the rounds and chatting up diners. You don't see that care and attention in many places now-a-days. The spot is a little small and if full, can be a little noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Great new find for me.. Returned several times and guests enjoyed it so much, they will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Brunch!Retired2VIPDined on 5/18/2014This is our third brunch and it is predictably wonderful! The wait staff is attentive and pleasant and always make you feel welcomed. Their eggs Benedict is among the best I have ever had. The flavor of the sauce and the perfectly poached eggs on their homemade toasted and buttered bread is mouthwateringly good! The Italian coffee is rich and full bodied and served with steamed milk. Although the drinks are a little expensive ($12 for a small bloody Mary... but they do put three olives in it) it can be a reasonable brunch with entrees ranging from $11-$15.Special Features:
- terrific placegoodeatsgoodtimesDined on 5/17/2014there's not a bad thing to say about Marcony; the ambience, service, friendliness, food were wonderful. the only thing was the prices, they were pretty high. we don't mind high once in a while, but it was worth it. I can see going back on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love CapriLowiesVIPDined on 5/16/2014We haven't been to Capri, but this will do. Food and service great and very friendly. We asked ourselves how could we have missed this before.Special Features:
- Great findNettieVIPDined on 5/11/2014From the minute we walked in, being greeted to the food and the dessert, it was a beautiful Mothers Day. Definitely will be back and recommended to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Murray Hill local Italian757983VIPDined on 5/7/2014Even better than the many strong neighborhood spots in this area. Very good food with professional and accommodating service. Veal Milanese and zucchini flowers were excellent. Nondescript exterior but lovely interior. Worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.