184 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marconyusa.com/
- Phone: 6468376020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm/ Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch & Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 12:00pm to 4:00 pm
To the valued customers, The Marcony restaurant will be closed June 29 - July 6 for Vacation . The restaurant will reopen on Juy 7th. We apollogize for your inconvenience. We thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Pipolo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Mother's Day Marcony will be open from 12:00pm to 9:00pm. We will be serving our "A la Carte" menu with an amazing list of specials exclusively selected to celebrate Mother's day!
A word from Marcony
Multi-Level Italian Restaurant offering two private dinning areas, outdoor seating and an intimate low ceiling bar.Continued
Painted white and blue with dark wood and chrome accents, the space suggests a small yacht cruising around the Isle of Capri.
Painted white and blue with dark wood and chrome accents, the space suggests a small yacht cruising around the Isle of Capri.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marcony reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (21)romantic (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014Expensive, but worth every penny! I would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every way!CoopDined on 9/20/2014Had dinner here based on recommendation of friends. Was not disappointed. Wonderful atmosphere, great service and outstanding food. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really excellent ItalianMPfromOCVIPDined on 9/10/2014I had the veal with mushrooms....it was absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Murray Hill gemPTalentiVIPDined on 9/6/2014I'd walked by this place many, many times whenever I visited my mother, who lives in the area, but I'd never gone in. Finally I made us a reservation and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. The owners were extremely helpful and attentive (it didn't hurt that we spoke Italian), and the food was very, very good. Also the wine list was much more extensive than one might expect from another Italian restaurant of the same size. I definitely plan to return. I have a feeling it might become my mom's "spot."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints--sometimes amazesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014Nothing unusual about this visit except we sat upstairs for a change. The food was good but didn't blow us away on this visit (usually something really surprises us). Service was excellent. Stuck to basics--zucchini blossoms, linguine with clams, chicken with lemon sauce, tartufo. All were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningChrislDined on 8/6/2014Great food, awesome service and nice outside dining. Everything about Marcony was wonderful. Great appetizers...the eggplant was served like a soufflé and was the best I ever tasted. I was there with my two grown sons who both work and live in the city and they loved everything about Marcony. Our waiter David was perfect. We were never waiting long for food or drinks nor were we rushed. I felt like we were the only ones there till I walked inside and saw that the restaurant had filled up. All in all a very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, outstanding serviceCharlesDined on 8/2/2014We changed our plans last minute and chose to book to Marcony. What a great surprise we had. We were looking for a place for a romantic dinner at the end of our trip to NYC. We were instantly surprised with the service which was fast, courteous and accurate. The food was also great, but the white and black truffe cream sauce tortellinis my wife ordered were a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y fantastic! It's a must for pasta lovers. The sauce is just amazing! Thanks Marcony!Special Features:
- AlexBVIPDined on 8/1/2014Superb in every way. Always a great experience at Marcony. Superb food with a very congenial owner.Special Features:
- Delightful EveningFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Met friends here last night. We had never been to Marcony's but had been recommended to it by family. While the menu is not very diverse they do offer many wonderful specials. The dover sole, in particular, was one of the best dishes I have ever had. The staff is very friendly, the service was excellent and the food absolutely sensational, though quite pricey. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- eldeeDined on 7/26/2014WE found Marconey's online looking for a good place for lunch in the Murray Hill area. It was a Saturday and the place was empty. But, it is a beautiful, small, REAL Italian restaurant with the feel of the Amalfi Coast. The food is fantastic. We had very traditional and delicious Linguini and Clams, Shellfish pasta (Gluten Free) with Fra diablo sauce that was excellent and a fantastic fettuccini bolognaise. Salads were great as well and the service was fantastic. Of course we were about the only ones there, but that doesn't always mean great service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Marcony never disappointsjeddkarenVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our group of four enjoyed a delightful and well-paced meal. The gazpacho with lobster was a highlight for me as was the artichoke salad. We also shared a wonderful Dover Sole and linguini with clams. Our friends were very pleased with the stuffed zucchini flower, the branzino and fettucini with porcini mushrooms. Desserts were also fantastic. We will soon be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014i have been to this restaurant quite a few times and ejoyed it everytime...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Although the food was very good when it arrived, the restaurant forgot to make one of the entrees for a party of four and seemed very surprised when the entrees were delivered that they only had three for a party of four, asking "Did someone not order an entree?" Really? Then, instead of taking all entrees back, they served the three. When the bill came, we noticed that specials were about $20 higher than the typical price on the menu. If a restaurant is going to charge that much of a differential, they should specifically disclose the price of the special. Despite good food and a very pleasant ambiance, I would not return to this restaurant.
- sun1sun1Dined on 7/10/2014wonderful food. this is my 4th. or 5th. time with friends for dinner at this great neighborhood spot. everyone i have taken has agreed with my assessment of consistent, above average quality and large, big selection of italian luscious dishes. i will certainly be back to enjoy and share this special find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014Number one rule for a waiter- acknowledge the people at a table even if you can't get to them right away. We had a 7:30 reservation. We sat down at 7:35. We were served our glasses of wine at 8pm. Not cool. Waiter was nice but not smart. Could only do one thing at a time. Didn't think to offer pepper. I had to ask for everything. This is the first time I'm complaining about service at this restaurant. It's usually very good. Didn't ask how I wanted my salmon cooked. I like medium rare. My salmon came out rare. Also never happened before. Oh well, every restaurant has an off night. This was clearly one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray Hill must757983VIPDined on 7/8/2014Lovely spot on Lexington at 32nd St. Food, service, and ambience all excellent with more space between tables than most similar spots. Friendly staff and ownership make this well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Special Place - DeliciousAffection4FoodDined on 6/26/2014Hosted a special lunch for out of town visitors. The services was top-notch, and they even created an appetizer sampler plate for each of us which made it easy to taste all and beautiful on the table. I've eaten here before, but not reviewed--the food is always delicious. Only a few in our party ordered alcohol which was not a problem at all. Love the Sea Bass here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not really memorableMichiganloverDined on 6/21/2014Food was very good, albeit typically high Manhattan prices. We brought our older children,one of whom is still quite picky. Definitely not a restaurant for kids - $20 for plain spaghetti to appease the youngster. However, in Marconys defense, they clearly are not targeting families with children and that's ok. The food the rest of us had was very good. Service was good but the server quite awkwardly shared with us his experience milking cows back in Italy and went on to describe how they would slit pigs throats! Clearly not appropriate dinner (or ever) conversation. He was new so maybe nervous, but very nice and service was attentive. We ate early because of show tickets so few people in the restaurant - therefore hard to rate ambiance.Special Features:
- Marcony - notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Although the food was good, the server steered me toward the veal special when I asked for a recommendation between that and a pasta. What he failed to tell me was the cost of the special - $65 which I thought was outrageous. To top it off, I was originally brought a veal chop instead of the veal special and therefore did not receive my correct meal until 20 minutes after the 3 other people I was eating with. To be fair, the staff acknowledged their mistake, apologized and brought us free dessert. However, I would not return - good food but extremely pricey for what it was.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014Great as always!! Pasta is number best in the city. Marco makes every patron feel at home..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marco Makes You Feel Like a King!tvmannVIPDined on 6/6/2014Service with a smile, some very tasty dishes and you cannot go wrong! All the people who work there work very hard to give you a great experienceSpecial Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the Marcony reviews archive.
- Good neighborhood spot but priceytablehopperVIPDined on 5/31/2014Marcony had good food but I know I could eat elsewhere for less and just as good. The service was outstanding and it was refreshing to see the owner making the rounds and chatting up diners. You don't see that care and attention in many places now-a-days. The spot is a little small and if full, can be a little noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Great new find for me.. Returned several times and guests enjoyed it so much, they will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Brunch!Retired2VIPDined on 5/18/2014This is our third brunch and it is predictably wonderful! The wait staff is attentive and pleasant and always make you feel welcomed. Their eggs Benedict is among the best I have ever had. The flavor of the sauce and the perfectly poached eggs on their homemade toasted and buttered bread is mouthwateringly good! The Italian coffee is rich and full bodied and served with steamed milk. Although the drinks are a little expensive ($12 for a small bloody Mary... but they do put three olives in it) it can be a reasonable brunch with entrees ranging from $11-$15.Special Features:
- terrific placegoodeatsgoodtimesDined on 5/17/2014there's not a bad thing to say about Marcony; the ambience, service, friendliness, food were wonderful. the only thing was the prices, they were pretty high. we don't mind high once in a while, but it was worth it. I can see going back on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love CapriLowiesVIPDined on 5/16/2014We haven't been to Capri, but this will do. Food and service great and very friendly. We asked ourselves how could we have missed this before.Special Features:
- Great findNettieVIPDined on 5/11/2014From the minute we walked in, being greeted to the food and the dessert, it was a beautiful Mothers Day. Definitely will be back and recommended to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Murray Hill local Italian757983VIPDined on 5/7/2014Even better than the many strong neighborhood spots in this area. Very good food with professional and accommodating service. Veal Milanese and zucchini flowers were excellent. Nondescript exterior but lovely interior. Worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSaqueDined on 4/23/2014top shelf. Food was excellent and authentic. Dont even thnk about the menu until you've heard the specials.Special Features:
- Good italian, but not outstanding1cwbusinessDined on 4/16/2014Good solid Italian neighborhood spot. Liked the ambiance....it is a bit pricey. Thought the food was good, but wouldn't say outstanding...I think the reviews are a bit overrated. The homemade pasta is good, others had meat dishes that looked very good. I would skip the desserts. The website says that they bring you ravioli's as a complement of the chef opener, but we just received bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all this and Chihuly tooCasinoVIPDined on 4/12/2014Warm and inviting Italian and a Chihuly hanging as well -- balcony tables in the rear have a great view.Special Features:
- Always a great dinning experienceAlexBVIPDined on 4/4/2014Always a great dinning experience at Marcony. Superb food and very caring staff make for a great experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- expensive but a surprising findamywestvillageVIPDined on 4/2/2014i don't know how i missed this restaurant all my years in manhattan - the atmosphere is intimate yet upscale, the service is executed with a flourish of graciousness and accents, and the food is tasty (although not wow). but for the pricey menu, I'd definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and friendly with, good foodKarsolDined on 3/29/2014Quiet place with relaxed atmosphere and very nice staff. Very good food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every centOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/27/2014In this drab neighborhood Marcony quietly sits waiting to capture your heart, your tastebuds and your wallet. The food is always imaginative and well prepared. The specials entice (so ask for the price) as the waiter/tress rattles them off in highly-accented English. The room is attractive and comfortable and has a little buzz--not too much--you can converse easily. Everyone tries hard to please and they always succeed. This visit we kept it simple--lemon chicken and veal chop. Excellent.Special Features:
- Went for brunchSaxxynycVIPDined on 3/23/2014Good food and good service. Worth a return for dinner.Special Features:
- The staff were very attentiveJake2014Dined on 3/22/2014The staff were very attentive and service was excellent. The food brought me back to Europe.Special Features:
- Unexpected good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/20/2014The location was determined by necessity and the restaurant fut the bill. We were early diners and request for table location graciously accommodated. Server was able to recite length special menu with charm and agility. She also knew how to pace our meal. Two people were kosher but able to find satisfying choices. Requests to share were meet and served appropriately. None of us had been to Marciny before but we had a lovely evening and were happy with the experience.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentDcerngDinrVIPDined on 3/19/2014We eat out almost every night and have actually started eating here once a week. This is the perfect venue to undwind after a long work day. The service is so attentive but unintrusive. The cuisine is outstanding;whether you opt for seafood,pasta or their choice of meat. My husband thinks the chef's vealchop rivals the best restaurants and he is a reqal foodie. I love the branzino and caprese salad. They are also so accomodating and will ajust the dish to your preferences. I love their vegetables as well. I recommend Marcony without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret In New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2014Hands down the best Italian restaurant in New York City, and the best kept secret. Their menu is small, but don't worry because nightly they usually have over 8-10 appetizer special, 8-10 pasta specials, 5 fish specials and 5 meat specials. Every time I go there it's like I'm eating at a brand new restaurant because the selection is so vast and the food is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.