Marco Ristorante Italiano
4581 Forsyth Road
Macon, GA 31210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Marco Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marcomacon.com/
- Phone: (478) 405-5660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: open for private events
Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - Until
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Gianluca Sciagata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater up to 250 people within a 30 mile radius.
- Private Party Facilities: We have an on-site private room with a quaint mediterranean atmosphere that accommodates up to 35 people. We are the perfect location for rehearsal dinners, private parties, receptions, business luncheons, business presentations, and cocktail parties.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Burnsed 4784055660
- Entertainment: We have live piano music every night
- Special Events: Throughout the year, Marco hosts numerous wine tastings, holiday brunches, and elegant evenings for Valentines Day and New Years Eve. Marco is the perfect place to celebrate special occassions with that special someone and the ones you love.
A word from Marco Ristorante Italiano
A premium choice for true Italian fine dining, Marco provides an authentic Italian experience, from the menu in Italian and English to the dining room decor. The mediterranean village atmosphere is complete with warm-toned stucco walls and Italian hand-painted dishes. Our team of chefs passionately prepare the finest dishes. Menu suggestion: Begin with crispy fried calimari, shrimp and oysters served with homemade tartar sauce followed by a delicious entree of whole branzino baked in rock salt, cleaned tableside and served with sauteed asparagus, mashed potatoes and 3 jumbo shrimp, and end with a scoop of homemade gelato. The private room is available for any function seating up to 40 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Marco Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Macon ›
Marco Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Pretentious and OverpricedBadcatholicDined on 9/6/2014Food and service are very good but it is way overpriced. Finishing the preparation of the meal at the table is pretentious overkill.Special Features:
- Unique food and nice atmosphereBailey311Dined on 8/27/2014We had a great dinner! Try the branzino. They filet the fish at your table. Also, one the best Cesar salads I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel in Maconkbspr1Dined on 8/16/2014Looking for good Italian food in and around Macon? We are from Los Angeles and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food, the ambience and service at this restaurant. After having a truly mediocre meal at a top Atlanta restaurant the night before, we were not sure what to expect. Happy to say that this restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious, not overly salty (always a bad sign) and the service was attentive but not hovering. We would definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Marco Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- StanDined on 5/22/2014Dined on "Pasta Night", a five course dinner for $20.14. The food was interesting and excellent. Home made pasta, airy gnocchi, great sauces. Certainly an amazing find in Macon GA.Special Features:
- Top notchcarterjh05Dined on 5/16/2014My wife and I have always drove past Marco and said we need to go there one night. Finally we did and I was suprised how great it was. I booked online and the host called me to confirm that I booked at the right location (I didnt know they had two locations). The whole staff was friendly and food/drinks were great. I had the filet and they cooked it right infront of us. It was a little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for with the presentations and taste. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowPatEDined on 2/25/2014Table side presentation of 2 different selections made the evening a better experience for our birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marco Ristorante ItalianofalconDined on 2/14/2014Marco Ristorante Italiano on 2/14/2014 Very good food: My wife and I have dined at Marco’s many times and we had high expectations for this special Valentine dinner but we were disappointed. We were seated in a very nice dining room but jam-packed with tables. They had an impressive special 4-course valentine menu that was very tasty but expensive with small portions .The service was sub-par; the servers were not attentive and showed a lack of experience. I will never go back to Marco’s for a holiday dinner.Special Features:
- lovesgoodfoodgoodfoodfinderVIPDined on 1/11/2014Great food. Marcos is our "go to" restaurant for a very nice meal. We usually celebrate special occasions there-birthdays, anniversaries & going away celebrations.Special Features:
- The Salmon was exquisite....Suki123VIPDined on 10/5/2013We both had the salmon and thought it was perfectly cooked and seasoned. If you love salmon, try it at MarcosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious staff, authentic ItalianIshkabibbleDined on 9/21/2013In Macon for Family Weekend at Mercer, we chose Marco's for a family dinner with our son. What a gem! The tripadvisor reviews were glowing but we didn't realize how special this restaurant was and were woefully underdressed. The hostess made us feel welcome and put us at ease despite our too casual apparel. You'll feel better about yourself if wearing dressy casual to special occasion clothing! The menu is limited and pricey but beautifully prepared. The wait staff is warm, well informed and graciously present without being pretentious or hovering. The food arrived in well -timed courses, allowing us to enjoy every bite. Our family will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful small, quiet spot.JohnsontriadDined on 8/12/2013I've driven past Marcos probably 100 times before dinning there and I was so glad I did. It 's a very small intimate restaurant with great ambiance. The piano player added a special touch. The food was amazing and very authentic, not drowned in lots of sauce, like some "italian" places. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the table side Bananas Foster is a must!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special night at Marcos!2fordinnerDined on 7/20/2013The greeting is warm & inviting. To say the waiters really know the menu is an understatement. The last waiter we had practically had us drooling listening to all the delightful options! We enjoy having an adult beverage w/dinner and have always enjoyed the quality with which they are prepared. The wine list is stunning & suggestions from the waiters for pairing w/ what you will be eating is spot on. Oh! Then there's the food! Not all Italian food is smothered in red sauce & covered w/cheese :P What a pleasure to see such a cornucopia of delights. DO NOT miss the salt incrusted Bass! Just the presentation of this entree is amazzzing. If you manage to have room for desert you are lucky! At least share one. Any one,really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionBU2eatDined on 7/12/2013Had no idea where we were going to eat at 9 pm in Macon, Georgia. Happened upon this little gem on Open Table and took a chance. We were greeted as long lost friends even though we were exhausted and not really dressed as nicely as I'm sure they would have liked. The service was just like you would expect at someone's home. The food was fresh, delightful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good review of Marco'sJackDined on 7/1/2013My wife and I have made it a habit of going to Marco's for a fine dinner for all of our Special Occasions. Our visit on July 1, 2013 was to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We have been doing this for at least 10 years, maybe more, at least since we discovered it. We are looking forward to their opening a restaurant in Warner Robins.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Everyone from the hostess to the manager to the waitstaff are awesome! Excited about the new Warner Robins location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fun and friendlySoproudofKatieDined on 5/11/2013Food and service were exceptional. Piano music delightful. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a local toTennydennyDined on 5/4/2013Recommended by a local to our group in from out of town. Outstanding/friendly service & delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Always a great experience: Nazario and Gordono always make their customers feel right at home. Macon's only first class resturant!Special Features:
- Whenever we drive throughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013Whenever we drive through Macon, GA between TN and FL we always try and have dinner here. We discovered this fabulous restaurant when our daughter was a student at Mercer. She has graduated but we visit whenever we can. Have the branzino and you will love it!Special Features:
- Was told is is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Was told is is the best restaurant in the region, and it lived up to the recommendation.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Outstanding experience. The food was fantastic and the entire staff are very attentive. The atmosphere is enhanced with a gentleman who played a grand piano for the entire time we were there. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- As always, the food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012As always, the food was excellent, and the service was superb. The most outstanding dishes were the appetizer special, a seafood stew entree (also a special), and the lovely sorbet for dessert. At our server's suggestion we also split a pasta dish, which added just the right touch to our meal, and bridged the gap between the appetizer and entree beautifully. She also suggested a lovely wine which was not yet on the wine list. You can't go wrong asking questions and putting yourself in the staff's capable hands here.Special Features:
- Usually good food overshadowedDisappointedDined on 12/12/2012Usually good food overshadowed by inconsistent service and prices way too steep for Macon.
- As usual, we had a top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2012As usual, we had a top notch meal at Marco. The food was excellent, the service impeccable.Special Features:
- They were really "off theirOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2012They were really "off their game". Usually good, last couple of visits not so much.
- This certainly must be oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2012This certainly must be one of the better restaurants in Macon. We were only in town for a few days and had a difficult time finding a restaurant we really liked until we found Marco's. We also thought the staff was very friendly and attentive - thank you Marco's : )Special Features:
- I happened to be passing throughBartolottaFanVIPDined on 10/3/2012I happened to be passing through Macon and used OpenTable to find my dinner location, which lead me here. Food was prepared well enough, but quantity and presentation were extremely poor - my four tablespoons of risotto with six (yes, I counted) mussels in it was disappointing, especially at $24. The glass of Pinot Noir I ordered was subsituted for a more expensive label, but didn't know that until the wine was gone and the bill came. Also, I never appreciate getting the fish-eye from the waiter when I don't order a side or an appetizer. Next time, I'll skip Marco's and drive through to the next town.
- Excellent personalized attentionPaincaneDined on 8/18/2012Excellent personalized attention at his local gem.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a birthday lunch forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2012Enjoyed a birthday lunch for my special friend. Excellent as always.Special Features:
- Big city dining in MaconOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Our first time to Marco and could not have enjoyed the experience more. We enjoyed a 5-course Chef's tasting as recommended by our server, Savannah. Each course was spot on, and we were even able to specify no pork and no mushrooms. Each course was more delicious than the last. On Friday nights there is a piano player who is very talented. Our server was great; knowledgable and friendly, professional but not stuffy. The presentation for the Steak Diane is not to be missed. Overall, this was an experience we won't forget. Marco is highly recommended for a special occassion, or if you have guests or business associates that you want to impress. We will definitely be back. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Food of quality standard.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2012Food of quality standard. Inexperienced wait staff. Inefficient timing between courses. Have had bad experience last two dining occasions.Special Features:
- Dont bother .... Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012Dont bother .... Over priced and awful flavorless food. My fish was old and smelly.
- A thanks to Marco for fine diningJackDined on 7/1/2012We make it a practice to dine at Marco's for most of our special occasions, such as this one, our 39th anniversary.Special Features:
- One of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2012Marco is one of our favorite restaurants--not only in Macon, but anywhere. It is always top notch. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- AWESOME Place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012AWESOME place to dine. I wanted to take my girlfriend to a nice Itallian restaurant that was close to Warner Robins. Prior to coming to Marco's, I read the reviews on what to expect. Honestly, the negative reviews were far off. This restaurant is top notch and the staff is great. The food was delicious and the presentation was perfect. Definitely worth every penny spent. I recommend the Branzino and Sea Bass. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Marco is an excellent restaurantPaincaneDined on 4/20/2012Marco is an excellent restaurant with a very attentive waitstaff. The Branzino is a Mediterranean sea bass dish that is unbelievable. Their earthing they do is done with class and panache. Outstanding.Special Features:
- The seafood mixed grill wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2012The seafood mixed grill was delicious. The table service was outstanding. They cheerfully adapted the menu to meet my wife's needs. Will definitely go more often.Special Features:
- Very QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2012Very small and quaint for special occasions with your wife or girlfriend.Special Features:
- Delicious food, flexible withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2012Delicious food, flexible with the menu, friendly capable staff. Owner stopped by the table.Special Features:
- Very attentive and helpful.JanJDined on 2/21/2012Very attentive and helpful. All enjoyed the experience.Special Features: