Marco Polo Ristorante
345 Court St.
Brooklyn, NY 11231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Marco Polo Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcopoloristorante.com/
- Phone: 7188525015
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: we can accomodate all your needs with our menu choice feel free to make an appointment for both menu price and availability.
- Private Party Contact: giovanni iovine 7188525015
- Entertainment: live piano on weekends
A word from Marco Polo Ristorante
Marco Polo is located in the heart of Carroll Gardens and is one of Brooklyn's most popular and acclaimed eateries. Marco Polo is famous for it's Northern and Southern Italian Cuisine. Daily Chef specials also top the list. Opened since 1983, your Proud Host Joseph Chirico invites you to join him in celebration of over 25 years in business and welcomes you to a delightful experience of fine food and live piano playing nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marco Polo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food,good pricesmike54Dined on 8/19/2014The venue was very nice. You were seated on the sidewalk and the neighborhood is quaint. Service was great and the prices were very good. Food was delicious although a slightly small portion, but that was acceptable.Special Features:
- Gem!!Scotto76VIPDined on 7/29/2014I picked this place out of the blue and was pleasantly surprised. The staff is very knowledgable on the wine, explained the dishes I had questions on and were very attentive. They just renovated so the place looks new. Great time and will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch or Lunch?GymratDined on 6/29/2014Our reservation for 12 was for noon, and the menu was a challenge only in that I could not choose breakfast or dinner. That's right so I had both. French Toast that had a secret flavor of vanilla bean and ?...Fantastico! Gnocchi........Let's just say I had a smoothly for dinner. We were there for two hours with family and it was a perfect affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem iin Downtown BrooklynBrooklynBobVIPDined on 6/15/2014This longtime Brooklyn favorite constantly delivers. The experienced waiters take great care of you. The food is creative and delicious. Chef Marco Chirico never ceases to amaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Marco Polo Ristorante reviews archive.
- Never Disappoints!NeondeonDined on 5/3/2014I have visited this restaurant before and I was not disappointed then and I was not this time. I went with a large group this time(8) and they were very professional and patient as we went through the menu. They even give us great suggestions. We had a great time and the food was outstanding. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a gem for a 30 year old placeGymratDined on 3/15/2014A father has passed the torch to his son, bringing new and innovative dishes to our palate. A welcoming and lively experience. Great wine room and casual; nice attire. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceCatwithaCDined on 2/14/2014Dined at Marco Polo for a friend's birthday. From the food to the staff, everything was wonderful. Everyone in my party throughly enjoyed their dinners; starting with appetizer and finishing with the scrumptous desserts!! The restaurant was packed, and yet the staff was attentive and catered to our every need. It was a fanstastic evening and I can't wait to go back to Marco Polo again!!Special Features:
- Great Start, Poor Finish!Vidchick66Dined on 12/31/2013Initially there was great attention to detail. Our waiter was very attentive. We enjoyed a great appetizer and salad course... had a bit of a wait for entree but at the time we werent in a hurry as we stlll had time before start of event we were to attend at The Barclays Center. Once a couple of Parties came in we were forgotten... there was a significant delay in serving the entree course then we waited 30 minutes to have someone clear the table and by the time someone offered a dessert course we had to leave..Then when we finally get the check it took us another 15 minutes to get our coats from the M.I.A. coat-check girl. Great Start...Poor Finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013The food and service were good. It was very crowded, you could barely walk between the tables. And it was very noisy. It was Christmas Eve, and would want to try the restaurant on a "normal night."
- Hidden gemMarlenedcVIPDined on 11/4/2013Really excellent neighborhood place, I had a great beet salad and portobello mushroom and chicken dish, my husband had the lobster risotto, everything was really well made and fresh and a great surprise. Seems like an old time red sauce place but it turned out to be a really fresh look at familiar dishes. Very enjoyable and the wait staff was wonderful. The place was surprising empty for a Monday evening, maybe it's under the radar in such an over saturated neighborhood.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!!!Brooklyngirl70VIPDined on 10/12/2013I have been dining at Marco Polo Ristorante for years. And it never disappoints. Over the last couple of years i have seen a nice difference in the menu. The menu ideas are fresher, simple, clean, seasonal----yet totally gourmet. What i love about the menu is that it is not too long. Yet I want to try everything and it is difficult to choose. What I love about all the menu options that i have tried thus far-- they aren't over-sauced or over-seasoned. It is simplicity at its absolute best. The wait staff is very helpful and visible throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to Go !MonopeepDined on 8/21/2013I occasionally take clients there for dinner, and I am always profusely thanked for the dining experience! The food is good, ambiance great, and you can easily talk business while dining. It just flows ! The staff there is outstanding, attentive and go out of their way to ensure that you are satisfied with everything from soup to nuts. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I entertained 13 clients hereStick66VIPDined on 7/19/2013I entertained 13 clients here with last minute notice. They were very accommodating in getting us in. Appitizers were a big hit, and we ordered many of them. Main course(s) also good, though some felt there meals were too plain (Chicken and Prosciutto). I personally had no complaints with my entire meal. I'll be back next time in Denver.Special Features:
- A great find on court streetcher10VIPDined on 6/8/2013We were 3 couples on a recent sat nite and had a great dinner! I had requested a round table and we were given a round table,so we were off to a good start. We told the waiter we had to make a show at Barclay center and he prontly got our order going. The salads were terrific, one of us had a Caesar salad and he raved about it, The spinach and beet salad were also terrific. The fresh mozzarella was light and fresh. The main dishes were also good, though I thought the salmon a little dry, pasta dishes were good. Dessert nothing great , though all in all we were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day at Marco PoloOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013The dinner selections were great for Mother's Day. The service was excellent. Marco, the owner, made it his business to visit every table. Marco Polo is a great fun experience even on the holidays. Carlo is a wonderful waitor. His suggestions are good choices and should be followed.Special Features:
- This was the only place IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013This was the only place I have been to in New York that I felt like it was authentic italian food. Most of the patrons were Italian, and they even brought over complimentary lemoncello at the end of the meal. Fantastic!Special Features:
- I had gone once years agoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2013I had gone once years ago and was not impressed, but I decided to give it another try after they renovated. I'm glad I did! The service was a little slow and spotty at times, but all the food and drinks we had were great and we had a really enjoyable time. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toLove2EatGWDined on 3/24/2013This was our first visit to Marco Polo, although we have been to Enoteca on Court. We were very impressed with Marco Polo's transformation-the decor is exquisite. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the food delicious and artfully presented. We shared octopus and a salad with beets to start-both excellent.The menu was diverse and Carlo's suggestions were great. I especially enjoyed the shrimp entree which was cooked to perfection. Looking forward to returning to try other interesting selections.Special Features:
- The service was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2013The service was great, the staff very knowledgeable. They told you about the special dine menu , as well a the specials for the night.Special Features:
- Marco Polo has just undergonelovetoeatVIPDined on 3/12/2013Marco Polo has just undergone a renovation,which is very appealing. The food here is always good; the prices moderate; the selections vary and can accommodate all tastes and desires. The staff is attentive and considerate and welcomes its customers in a nice, appreciative way. We were seated next to a group of 8 very NOISY men,but the wait staff helped us to move when we requested to do so; they understood our plight.Special Features:
- There was a very large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013There was a very large party the night we went...they occupied almost the entire restaurant. They were not noisy given the size of the table, until they left, but the party was very visible and totally 'centerstage' in the restaurant. Other than that, the meal was delicious, and the service attentive.Special Features:
- We're from New Jersey andPierreDined on 3/9/2013We're from New Jersey and were visiting Carroll Gardens. Marco Polo was recommended to us and we were not disappointed. Everything was excellent and even though a table of 22 (!) was celebrating, the waiters and kitchen managed to keep up. We were very happy with Marco Polo!Special Features:
- Was staying in midtown andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Was staying in midtown and couldn't reserve at an Italian restaurant on a Friday night. Found Marco Polo on the web and a ten minute drive later I was in this great gentrified neighborhood in Brooklyn and had the best meal ever in New York. The service was genuinely friendly, the food unbeatable. This is now my new favorite.Special Features:
- Above and Beyond Food and ServiceGordonDined on 2/14/2013My wife and I rank it as the finest dining experience we've had since our honeymoon nearly a year ago, and as Brooklyn residents with a world of choices that we constantly explore, that's saying something. True you might find better in one area, but for the full dining experience, we were blown away. We went for Valentines day, and I had pre-arranged the table and special considerations beforehand with their manager Jay. All I can say is Jay met and exceded my every expectation with a dozen roses and a bottle of champaigne waiting for us at the table. I honestly don't think I could have gotten the kind of service that I got from the ManagerSpecial Features:
- Restaurant looks beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/26/2013Restaurant looks beautiful now that it has been renovated. Service and food are above average.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013The food was excellent as always and it looks great since they've renovated! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- An Italian restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013An Italian restaurant that knows that pasta is a course, not a meal. The staff is warm and friendly, the food magnificent at points, satisfying at others, but the whole experience will make you feel like you've had a great night out.Special Features:
- i passed this gem in carrollscottnVIPDined on 1/10/2013i passed this gem in carroll gardens dozens of times. tried it this weekend. excellent menu, not just your local spagetti and meatballs type of italian food. very nice menu and very well prepared food. i had the monkfish with clams and mussles special in a brothy garlicky red sauce. outstanding! will return.Special Features:
- After hearing this was AlOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2013After hearing this was Al Sharpton's favorite Italian in the city, it's been on my radar for awhile (plus, I saw Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler shooting a movie here shortly after moving to Brooklyn). The renovated dining room was very nice, the food was lovely (I had lobster ravioli), the wine selection was good, and the hummus spread (in lieu of butter) for the bread and greens for the table (spinach and broccoli rabe) were nice additions to a good meal. Only con - the food was a tiny bit on the slow side.Special Features:
- The New Year's Eve Menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012The New Year's Eve Menu was wonderful. Each course was an exciting experience. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- The renovations were beautiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012The renovations were beautiful. The restaurant is really dressed up for the holidays. The staff is great. Carlo is the best waiter. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Been here a number times &JeffDined on 12/7/2012Been here a number times & still a great place. Portions a little smaller but enough to fill you. Service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the entireOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Really enjoyed the entire experience. Were very nice to my 92 yr old mom.Special Features:
- Marco Polo Renewed and Still Fab!GymratDined on 11/12/2012I frequent this place because the service is beyond great. The barkeep Tony always has a smile and ask for Carlo, you would not have to look at a menu. He will just ask you what you are in the mood for.......trust in him. Great wine list and a wine room that you can go in to pick your own. They have renovated for their 30 year anniversary, the designer was top notch!Special Features:
- This place under went majorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012This place under went major renovations, it looks brand new inside with a new menu. The food was delicious, however, the portions are on the small side, so if you are very hungry I suggest ordering an appetizer. It is also on the pricy side but its worth it. Its not your typically italian restaurant anymore with chicken parm and penna, its a little more on the exotic side.Special Features:
- The restaurant was beautiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012The restaurant was beautiful. The renovations were an excellent improvement. It was great to be able to eat at the bar. The new tables and chairs really make the restaurant come together. The changes to the menu were great and they still kept their old basics. The staff was very attentive and not intruding.Special Features:
- Downtown Brooklyn Gem!GymratDined on 10/24/2012This place had a grand re-opening and the menu, the scene, the place......is all amazing! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2012This was our first time at Marco Polo and it certainly wont be our last. The food was great, the service outstanding, no complaints at all. The waiter made some great suggestions and we were happy with them. I look forward to future visits. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Service Could be BetterStick66VIPDined on 6/23/2012I've always heard of this place, but never made it here...till Saturday. Food was very good, though our waiter was a bit distracted. Ordered cocktails that never arrived. When we asked when we'd have them he gave us a puzzled look...he clearly had forgotten. I'll give it another shot, as I liked what I ordered.
- Food and wine was very expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/20/2012Food and wine was very expensive. Food was not worth the money. Service was very good. I would not go back.