Marco Island Fish Company
599 S Collier Blvd, Suite 218
Marco Island, FL 34145Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Marco Island Fish Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcoislandfishco.com/
- Phone: (239) 389-6900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every Day: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site catering options range from five course dinners to a full seafood buffet, with any and every option in-between. The establishment fits parties of all sizes, with a maximum capacity of 250 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Marco Island Fish Company is proud to offer a wide variety of options for your corporate or private group
•Corporate Group Events
•Daytime Meetings/Event Accommodations
•Corporate Holiday Parties
•Private/Social Group Events
Our versatile venues are perfect for any occasion. Work with our experienced Event Coordinator to build an event that will work within your budget while providing personalized service to ensure your event runs smoothly from start to finish, allowing you to sit back, laugh, and have a great time !
- Private Party Contact: Joannie Sparr 2393896900x1
- Entertainment: Featuring local bands, individual singers and Karaoke during seasonal months. Check out all upcoming entrainment on our Face Book page.
A word from Marco Island Fish Company
Whether you’re searching for the freshest seafood Marco Island has to offer, or craving mouthwatering slow roasted Roast Beef, Marco Island Fish Company will satisfy all of your dining needs with fast service and generous portions, in a family friendly environment. Come enjoy Fresh Grouper, Ice cold Raw Bar featuring oysters from the coldest waters. With a Rum bar, Full liquor Bar and extensive wine list and Happy Hour everyday of the week we are ready to serve you in our historical Marco and nautical themed dinning room or our relaxing out door courtyard.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Marco Island Fish Company - Best Restaurants in Marco Island ›
Marco Island Fish Company reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- VivaceSueDined on 11/8/2014Bring Captain Brian's back! The Fish Company is over-priced and not worth the money.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant Great LocationWineGal33VIPDined on 10/31/2014We were staying at a nearby hotel and wanted a restaurant in walking distance. The food was good, not as great as the other reviewers mentioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family DiningBillybusterDined on 10/30/2014Had an evening meal with the family. Absolutely fabulous. Good food with excellent service. Very good with the children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGF4FDined on 10/30/2014We celebrated ours friends anniversary and had a great meat and a great time.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MarsalaDined on 10/11/2014We were a table of 6 and each one of us had a delishous meal! The waitress was fabulous! Two of our shrimp and pasta dishes needed a little more sauce, and she brought it right! Yum! Prime rib, pork dishes....all good! We are inside, but many diners chose to eat outside. Lovely spot. We will come back again and again! They had a special menu that we all took advantage of. However, they are changing the time to honor it...5:30 latest is too early for folks that don't live right in Marco.Special Features:
- A welcome additionxraylfhDined on 10/8/2014This is a new restaurant that just opened. It took the place of one that we didn't care for, so the change was welcome. This is a very casual place, perfect for after a day at the beach. We started with boom boom shrimp, which are large shrimp covered in a spicy sauce and clam strips. They were both delicious and the strips were not just gobs of bread, but mostly clam. For dinner I had the seafood platter and my wife had the crunchy fried grouper. Both were great. The seafood was very fresh and portions were generous. This is someplace we will be going to quite often if they keep up this level of quality. A welcome addition to an area that has a lot of great restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent seafoodAnneDined on 10/7/2014Great service, decent food, and probably good for groups and families.Special Features:
- ImpressedBoopDined on 9/9/2014Our first visit since name change. Large servings, food was great. Service was outstanding. Will return.Special Features:
- great food and plenty for the moneyhappyDined on 9/1/2014while name has changed and new owners, still a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedFrankVIPDined on 8/30/2014We previously dined here a couple of times, when vacationing in Marco Island, when it was Capt. Brien's. I was confused when I received an email reminder w/ the name change, but googled the article which explained the new ownership. We were pleasantly surprised. The appetizers and meal were excellent and the service was outstanding. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Marco Island.Special Features:
- Best food on the island2dineforDined on 8/1/2014Wanted seafood so googled and Capt Brien's came up in the top 10. Read great reviews, so thought we would try it. Walking distance from our hotel was convenient. Sat us right away and we had our drinks in under 2 minutes. The staff was super friendly and attentive. We ordered seafood and land lubber items, all of which were outstanding. It was so good we ate there the next night too. Highly recommend for service and great food. Only minor drawback was very noisy due to several large groups dining with children. Still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBoopDined on 7/26/2014Friendly greeting, table was ready. Server very attentive. Food delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the Marco Island Fish Company reviews archive.
- Great for family lunch!DemiGlaceVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great place for quick fresh fish that tastes great when you want to go casual! The salads were fresh!Special Features:
- Good FoodTerriODined on 4/16/2014This is one of many restaurants in a shopping area. There is indoor and outdoor dining. Menu has lots to choose from. There were 6 of us, each had something different and it was very good. I'd return.Special Features:
- OTR nervouseatingforothersDined on 2/19/2014I was in town for a conference at the Marriott. Never been to Marco before and wanted to entertain a large group including customers my group wants to gain business. First Capt Briens was able to handle large groups which was great. Second the server did an admirable job handling a party of 15 alone. Third the menu had variety as I had a few non- seafood lovers in the group so something for everyone. And finally the food was great. Everyone without exception said their meal was excellent. And price was reasonably. Most important it created an atmosphere where we could discuss business and enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmemaDined on 2/13/2014Lobster bisque was the best of everything that my husband and I ordered, his New England clam chowder was watery and not many clams. I had macadamia encrusted mahi mahi and it was tasteless, pallea was just ok. Will not be going back.
- Old FoggieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2014Food was excellent and reasonably priced. The young staff was friendly, efficient, and worthy of a big tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPeggyVIPDined on 2/3/2014They did not have our reservation but did seat us immediately when we mentioned Open Table. They were only about 1/3 full anyway. Our server was attentive, however was not aware of any specials that were published in the web. No knowledge nor confidence. The entertainer was so loud we couldn't hear each other. He was a decent guitarist but his voice was not good enough to dominate our conversations with each other and the wait staff.
- Great Oysters. Christie, ourDanTDined on 1/28/2014Great Oysters. Christie, our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Also, great outdoor atmosphereSpecial Features:
- They did not have our reservation!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/17/2014They did not have our reservation! They were able to accommodate us, however. It could have been bad because I was entertaining special guests.
- Great service!!!!! Many options.MaxFish10Dined on 1/11/2014Great service!!!!! Many options. Good choice of sides such as a sweet potato and baked beans. Willing to accommodate health restrictions. Reasonable prices and large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school fish mkt eateryplazaeaterVIPDined on 1/2/2014Wait staff was very friendly gave great menu recommendations, sat outside and really enjoyed the casual setting. Food included all the old school favorites, was very fresh and tasty. Good value and good place for families to eat seafood in outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we wantedWendyt619Dined on 1/2/2014We went to Captain Brien's for dinner on our last night of vacation. My husband really wanted a good seafood dinner to end our trip. The restaurant is family-friendly, as we had our one-year-old son with us. There is a good selection of kids meals and they are very reasonably priced. I had the scallop dinner with the sweet potato and broccoli. Everything was delicious. My husband had a combo platter and it was just what he was looking for. Our waitress was very friendly and gave us prompt attention. We were there at approximately 6:00 and it was not very busy inside the restaurant. A lot of people were sitting in outdoor seating when we left though. Overall great experience, definitely a place we would visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food quality and presentationBrunetteDined on 12/31/2013But lackluster service and our meals were only warm. The metal chairs are uncomfortable and make a lot of loud scraping noise.
- Great outdoor diningGrantsterDined on 12/27/2013Outstanding outdoor atmosphere with great food. Raw bar and seafood are fresh and awesome. Always go here when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceLobsterDined on 12/25/2013Took over an hour to get our food. Everyone seated close to us experienced the same. Had to get up and refill our own water glasses. Several people just gave up and left. Restaurant was filled at approx 75% capacity. Charged an "extra plate" fee of $3 because we shared our food!Special Features:
- Fun spot on marcoOnesarVIPDined on 12/25/2013Great pick for us. The place was bustling, on Christmas. Located in a strip mall, w/ several oher dining options. us! Not sure all working were true wait staff, etc, as service was extremely slow. A live band w/ steel drum was so fun. The ambiance made it light and happy to be there- as it's loud. The tuna tartare has a great presentation & tastes delicious. Other items seemed "slopped" on a plate. I had the shrimp salad, it was fine- large shrimp. The lobster tails looked better- next time I will get that & something from the raw bar. I'd definitely return, if given more time on the island.Special Features:
- Long wait mediocre foodMikeVIPDined on 12/25/2013My family recently dined at Capt. Brien's. I don't anticipate returning. The kitchen must have been short staffed. Appetizers took 45 minutes to arrive and entree's took 1 hr. 10 minutes. The manager seemed to be aware of the problems and complaints and his response was to high tail to his office. Our server was apologetic and made frequent trips looking for his orders.
- BlahhhfoodismyweaknessDined on 12/20/2013Went to marco island on a mini vacay with my husband. we had a craving for seafood and oysters... Service was good, and fast. We had the oysters which were awesome and fresh. My husband got the surf and turf with shrimp; the tenderloin was soooo tender melt in your mouth good the shrimp was blahhh. I got the crab cakes with mashed potatoes and vegetables---black beans with crab cakes (dry, full of breadcrumbs) i didnt enjoy it, mashed potatoes that taste like they were box made and the broccoli was cold. Maybe there are other things on the menu that are good but my overall review is..BlahhhSpecial Features:
- First Time visit...will come againWoodyDined on 12/10/2013Celebrating my birthday my wife and I chose Captain Briens on Marco Island. I loved the Malpeque Oysters freshly shucked and had perhaps the best grouper ever (served crunchy). My wife's shrimp salad was excellent as well. Our server Lexi and her assistant were attentive, capable and not intrusive. We will come again. WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceGrantsterDined on 11/30/2013Great food, great service and the entertainment was top notch.Special Features:
- Good 1st, OK 2nd - waiter was badVisitorVIPDined on 11/26/2013We had a group of 8... 4 adults, 4 kids (3-10). Our first visit we were seated outside almost immediately and the wait staff was great. She was attentive and really went the extra step to accommodate us and the kids. Food was pretty good - great kids menu. We decided to return the next night - as it was convenient and the kids menu. We were seated inside... And right off the bat the waiter really didn't want much to do with us. Was borderline rude when my wife tried to over a cocktail by telling her "you don't want that, I will come back". Overall he just seemed to be bitter and extra inattentive... Our guess was he was too worried about only getting the automatic 18% tip for this size of a party. Sad really.Special Features:
- Capt.Brien's personal serviceLarryDined on 9/21/2013We showed up for an 8:00PM reservartion on a Saturday night and was told that inside seating was avbailable only if you paid for the comedy show $48.00/couple. Upon expressing my displeasure of this we were approached by a gentlemen by the name of JJ who said he was the owner. JJ listened to me and personally found us a table in side at N/C where we enjoyed specialty martinis and great seafood. Thanks JJ for making a good businesss decisicion and keeping this customer happy.Special Features:
- Excellent food and entertainment!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2013We went there for the comedy club and wasn't sure what to expect. Excellent food with so many choices!!! So glad we went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had supper along with amacnatDined on 7/26/2013We had supper along with a comedy show. What a great combination !! Food is very good !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish was very fresh. WeEatBVIPDined on 7/7/2013The fish was very fresh. We sat outside. There is something very uncomfortable about the ambience inside. It smells too fishy and stale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with good foodBzzzzDined on 7/3/2013Captain Brien's exceeded my expectations. From first looks, I figured this would be another "everything tastes the same and is frozen" sort of place. We were nicely greeted by one of two managers right off the bat. Our server was excellent, checking in on us the whole night and staying on top of refills and clearing plates. The food was fresh and flavorful. We had oysters, two of the combo plates, and a fresh fish dinner. Good portion size and good quality of food. We took home a few desserts, key lime pie and coconut cake. Both were excellent. If I had to be picky, my complaint would be the use of fake whip cream. Otherwise, good flavor and both moist and yummy. Would not hesitate to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChefzVIPDined on 6/24/2013My kids and I tried this restaurant. It was convenient to the Hilton and the menu sounded very appealing. We started with the lobster dip. It was not chunky and we didn't see any lobster in it. The chips were also soggy. The scallops were excellent. The grilled grouper was very bland. The broccoli was very tasty. The shrimp scampi was the biggest disappointment. The shrimp were large and looked delicious. It was overpowered with lemon and the pasta was mushy. My kids didn't want me to complain while I was there, but it was definitely a lot of wasted money. Also, service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- Captain Brien's was a funCindyVIPDined on 5/15/2013Captain Brien's was a fun place for a group dinner. The grouper was terrific and a favorite according to the waiter. All in our group thought the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/11/2013We made a reservation for Captain Briens on a Saturday night. There was not any notification that outdoor seating would be the only tables available. There is a comedy show inside. Fortunately, the weather was good but I really didn't want to be outside. Our server was very nice but seemed to be overworked. She always said that she would be right back but it normally took 10 or more minutes for her to reappear. The menu has a variety of seafood choices and the prices are reasonable for the area. Our food was good but not great. I'd try it again but not on Saturday.I would recommend this to a friend.