3333 Bristol Street, #3001
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marchemoderne.net/
- Phone: 7144347900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Everyday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner-Monday-Saturday 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Florent Marneau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restauarant happily hosts a large variety of events from business dinners to pharmaceutical programs to those important personal celebrations such as bridal and baby showers, birthdays, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Most private parties are held in the restaurant's enclosed patio area, which has an outside entrance, retractable awnings and can accommodate up to 60 guests seated and 75 guests standing. The restaurant also has access to a marbled terrace. This public space can be transformed into a lively reception space for cocktails and hand-passed hors d'oeuvres before your guests step into the patio or the main dining room. The terrace, patio and main dining room are also available on a "restaurant buyout" basis for a maximum of 130 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Special events 7144347900x
A word from Marché Moderne
Driven by a passion for market-inspired ingredients and classic French cooking techniques, Florent and Amelia Marneau have created a truly modern French bistro in the heart of Orange County. For decades, the couple worked separately in some of the best kitchens in France and Orange County. With Marché Moderne, they have followed this natural evolution by combining their culinary careers as independent restaurateurs. The contemporary French Bistro which has been critically acclaimed since its opening in spring of 2007, is located at The Penthouse at South Coast Plaza, level three, adjacent to Nordstrom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Marché Moderne - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Marché Moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (138)special occasion (118)great for lunch (87)notable wine list (63)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (19)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- excellent food and service.LindaLuVIPDined on 10/19/2014True French food. Excellent set menu. Great service. Best octopusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentmarchefanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Ursurpassed quality and thoughtful seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spontané menu a bargainHazHDined on 10/13/2014Gourmet lunch and dinner located on third floor in the Nordstrom's wing of South Coast Plaza Mall. Although conveniently located in a Mall, it is not a restaurant you can drop in for a quick bite while shopping. Reservations is recommended. Food is excellent but expensive. Three course Spontané menu ($25-30) for lunch and 5 course tasting menu ($95) for dinner makes it a little more affordable. Service is good.Special Features:
- Food Of The GodsPacManFeverDined on 10/12/2014Jidori Chicken was the best ever, followed by an excellent dessert wine. Waiter was incredibly classy and helpful. Very excellent experience :)Special Features:
- Amazing Food!Jules3029Dined on 10/8/2014If you are looking for great tasting French cuisine, this is the place to go! A bit pricey, but worth having a chef prepared meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As I remember before, great food!!PearlwhiteDined on 10/5/2014It's been a little while I haven't been to this restaurant. However, like I remember, food was really great! Service was also great!! We had a Prix Fixe dish. I'll come back for that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SJLawDined on 10/3/2014Nice hostess seated us upon arrival, even though we were 10 minutes early. Quiet, round table for two. Make reservations + ask for LYLE: gracious pro; friendly and knowledgeable. Dinner was well paced. All waitstaff was AWESOME. Danny recommended an excellent wine. The menu is super. Nice variety, interesting preparations, all tempting; seasonal. Small and larger plates. Recommend: The steak tartare was the best, ever (you prepare it, your way). Chowder with bone marrow. Caramelized pork belly appetizer. Crispy duck confit+duck breast. Plating was beautiful and appetizing. Thankfully, portions are enough to satisfy without feeling uncomfortably full. Coconut eclair + vanilla ice cream and espresso: PERFECT. Service: The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSouthernCaliDined on 10/2/2014Disappointing service. Solo lunch diner. Received bread after first course, even then i requested it several times. Ex. Everyone around me were receiving seconds and third bread servings. Should have left but i admit i sat there in shock. Shrimp and pasta dish arrived cold, don't remember tasting it . By then I didn't want to it. Just paid and left. The iced tea was great
- Excellent dining experienceSDR27Dined on 9/30/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Definitely one of the top places to eat at South Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's a keeperMSMSIDined on 9/26/2014enjoyed food, drinks, ambiance and service. will be coming backSpecial Features:
- Great food for a great evening!CarolineDined on 9/26/2014We came to Marché Moderne for a birthday celebration. We got great food and amazing service making it a wonderful night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tasting foodBestinocVIPDined on 9/23/2014You cannot pick anything wrong on the menu. Even the dishes you most likely would never order are delicious . One of the best meals I have had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in the mallAwkwardVIPDined on 9/23/2014Located on the top floor of South Coast Plaza, tucked away from all expensive stores. We sat in a section that was meant to mimic an outside patio within the mall. Husband ordered a chardonnay and I had ice tea, which was continuously being filled. As I wasn't too hungry, I had the salmon gravalax from the appetizer section as my lunch, and my husband had the anti-ceasar, which were both excellent. For dessert, I've requested the dessert that was part of the 3 course meal a la carte, a coconut eclair, which I am glad they were willing to do so as it was delicious. My husband had the warn apple tart, which was also excellent.Special Features:
- Superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in SoCal. I live in Redlands but whenever I will be in the area, I come here for lunch. I had the prixe fixe menu which is a good deal. The chicken fell off the bone and was scrumptious. The service was attentive as usual, although I was never asked if I wanted coffee with my dessert-- which I didSpecial Features:
- up themselvesozfoodcriticDined on 9/18/2014banished to the furthest table because we had 2 children with us - we might as well have had ebola virus!. the restaurant was only 30% full and we had to sit away from everyone. when will restaurants realise it's not just the quality of the food ( it was very good here) but the ambience.Special Features:
- Good but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014Interesting menu- very good presentation of food-the question is : Is the total experience worth the cost?? Not sure it is!!Special Features:
- Best in Orange CountyTunesVIPDined on 9/12/2014Marche is easily the best restaurant in Orange County and could compete with any of New York's fines. ( and will the French Laundry which we have also dined at) . The menu is incredibly inventive and centered around the freshest ingredients available. Chef Florentine and wife Amelia are proprietors that are interested in providing the best dining experience for their guests.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceAliciaDined on 9/10/2014I am never disappointed when dining at Marche Moderne. Not only is the food fantastic but the chef is so customer focused and very approachable.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentXKXKXDined on 9/7/2014Never disappointed at Marché. Their menu evolves every few months so there's always something new to try. Great wine list and a terrific bartender for the mixed drink lovers among us.Special Features:
- A perfect date!LoboDeWallStDined on 9/7/2014Food: I got what I paid for. I'm happy. Service: pretty attentive; not perfect, but still, I got what I paid for. Ambiance: EPIC WIN. Table for two. Quiet. Not with usual restaurant chairs, but with comfy armchairs! Stylish, and I haven't enjoyed armrests in a restaurant in a long time! It was a classy and intimate moment for me and my girl!Special Features:
- great foodgreatfoodDined on 9/3/2014great, great, great. the food hit your taste pallet. the service was wonderful strongly recommendSpecial Features:
- Very surprisedFoodieforlifeDined on 9/3/2014My wife picked the restaurant based on a conversation she overheard. I was a bit skeptical but decided to go along even though the location was in a mall (albeit South Coast). I was very impressed with every course (we did the set menu). Food was excellent and the service was very good. We will definitely come back here and suggest it to our friends.Special Features:
- marche has the best food in townFreshandtastyDined on 9/2/2014Tonight we had the albacore appetizer and the grilled trout dressed with dried blueberries and kale salad (which had little crunchy flavorful cubes that almost tasted like crispy bacon, but were spicy mini croutons) the whole dish was beautiful and flavorful ! The different textures and flavors were wonderful together and the fish was tender and delicate with absolutely no bones! (how do they do it?) For desert we had the fresh made-to-order beignets and coffee, which was heavenly. The wines we had were all wonderful, too. I can't praise this place enough!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodLindaVIPDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I have lived in New York City for many years and traveled to Europe and Asia. This was hands down the best lunch of my life. I truly wish the chefs would write a cookbook - or send me the recipe for the kale/quinoa salad.Special Features:
- The Best of Orange CountySes123VIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food and service. The chef constantly changes the menu making it fresh. It is always interesting to see what he will come up with next! The sea bream was cooked simply but perfectly. Danny, the sommelier, created perfect wine pairings with the 3 oz pours. The small "tastes" makes it possible to pair the food with the right wine, instead of only being able to have one wine. The napoleon is spectacular. The layers are perfectly crisp, and the sweet filling contrasts well with the tart sorbet.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceDAGGSDined on 8/29/2014I was actually going to write a letter to the manager. I have been to Marche several times and it is always my go to restaurant for special occasions and client lunches. However, our waitress was really awful, we waited at least 15 minutes before she came to take our order. I asked 2 other servers to get her. I never saw a manager once come by to ask about our meal. The food was very good but I was highly embarrassed to have my client there and it be so miserable. It also took another 15 minutes just to pay. It was very disappointing. She never apologized for being so tardy and just wasn't very friendly.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We went here for my birthday--food was delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant. One of the best in Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoloDined on 8/20/2014Marche was awesome!!! It was my husband's 70th birthday. I requested a table for two that is private and very intimate overlooking the restaurant. They did not promise us the table so when they seated us there we were pleasantly surprised. We started with appetizers ( 3 types of procuitto, and tuna tartare. Excellent. We then went on to share the baby beet salad. Delicious. My husband had the lamb tagine which he pronounced to be the best lamb he ever ate. It was truly exceptional. I ordered the grilled trout with a kale salad that accompanied it. Fresh and delicious. The chef happened to be there that night and he greeted us with a warm pleasant welcome. Our waiter was Danny. Very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Lovely EveningJohnDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful experience at Marche Moderne recently. Once inside this French Bistro you are apt to forget you are actually at South Coast Plaza. We found the service to be attentive without being overbearing, The menu is definitely French, but with many Asian influences as well, making for very interesting food choices. Our dinner was outstanding, and our waiter accommodated us with excellent wine pairings for each course. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for anniversarySqdnGunsDined on 8/15/2014Was recommended by a friend and took my wife for our anniversary, requested private table when making our reservation and was accommodated. The food was off the hook and the wine pairing was perfect. Look forward to going back again in the future.Special Features:
- Our favorite OC Restaurant!marchefanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Marche never fails to delight our business clients and friends, and is our go-to source for those lunches. The ever-changing spontanee lunch is a great value. Desserts (thanks to the owner's exquiste sensibilities and expertise) melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked and deliciousfussydinerDined on 8/9/2014If you want food that is perfectly cooked, Marche Moderne is for you. I had short ribs and every component was just right. We ordered a calamari dish to split that was right on. We had a scrumptious piece of Napoleon pastry that was the best we've had. We ordered two half carafes of wine, one white and one red, and both were very good. A nice place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- BethDined on 8/9/2014Service is excellent! Bone marrow is not my list to order. But I'm glad I did! I don't eat this everyday anyway! I ordered the scallop but it was not the way I expected it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MegsanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Absolutely delicious! Love how the menu changes with what's in season. This is our favorite restaurant in all of Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant in CaliforniamaryannVIPDined on 8/7/2014There are no words good enough to describe the excellence of the food and its presentation received at Marche modern It deserves a Michellin ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the braised short ribsanneDined on 8/6/2014Came here for our wedding anniversary dinner. My husband and I wanted to try something new. From appetizers to dessert - this place is awesome. But I would say the braised short ribs takes the cake. Ambiance was great, I was skeptical because it was inside the mall - penthouse of South Coast. Our server was very attentive and helpful since it was our first time dining there. Don't think this place would be good for a party larger than 6 because it is small.Special Features:
- Best deal for lunch!CLarocDined on 8/6/2014Yummy lunch find. $25 for fixe price foodie heaven. 3 course delectable meal. I have had this a few times and I don't remember leaving stuffed! What a treat!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Just keeps getting better and better. I ordered an entree that I had my heart set on from the pre fixe menu, an accommodation almost unheard of in other restaurants. It was the Pig and Fin, should you get a chance to try it, you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & exceptionalalohagourmetVIPDined on 8/2/2014An incredible deal on the 3-course lunch special. We shared the special as we both wanted the same choice of their daily options. I'm glad we did, though the meal deal was great, with perfectly cooked fish, the extra dessert we purchased of beignets & caramel sauce was one of the best desserts we had the 2-weeks I was trying to work my way through Mr. Gold's 100 best meals in Los Angeles. Yes, that's the interesting part, this restaurant is in Orange County, yet made the top 100 in L.A.! Well-deserved. Delicious and lovely.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Food, service and ambience were all perfect for our 20th wedding anniversary!Special Features: