3333 Bristol Street, #3001
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marchemoderne.net/
- Phone: (714) 434-7900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Everyday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner-Monday-Saturday 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Florent Marneau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restauarant happily hosts a large variety of events from business dinners to pharmaceutical programs to those important personal celebrations such as bridal and baby showers, birthdays, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Most private parties are held in the restaurant's enclosed patio area, which has an outside entrance, retractable awnings and can accommodate up to 60 guests seated and 75 guests standing. The restaurant also has access to a marbled terrace. This public space can be transformed into a lively reception space for cocktails and hand-passed hors d'oeuvres before your guests step into the patio or the main dining room. The terrace, patio and main dining room are also available on a "restaurant buyout" basis for a maximum of 130 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Special events 7144347900x
A word from Marché Moderne
Driven by a passion for market-inspired ingredients and classic French cooking techniques, Florent and Amelia Marneau have created a truly modern French bistro in the heart of Orange County. For decades, the couple worked separately in some of the best kitchens in France and Orange County. With Marché Moderne, they have followed this natural evolution by combining their culinary careers as independent restaurateurs. The contemporary French Bistro which has been critically acclaimed since its opening in spring of 2007, is located at The Penthouse at South Coast Plaza, level three, adjacent to Nordstrom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Marché Moderne - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Marché Moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (137)special occasion (119)great for lunch (82)notable wine list (62)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (21)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful...as usual!LocalGirlDined on 11/26/2014Enjoyed bringing a friend here for her birthday lunch. The Spontane' lunch is always a special treat; served with elegance and the perfect amount of delectable bites. Our server Jeffrey was so warm and friendly and made us feel like valued guests. I love Marche' Moderne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectHates2CookVIPDined on 11/23/2014The food here is fantastic. Hardest part is choosing what to have from the extenive menu. The service is always attentive without being intrusive. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchPointhoarderVIPDined on 11/22/2014The chef had coq au vin on the price fixed lunch menu. What a bargin. It was fantastic and that is why we keep coming back here. The desert was cheesecake and one of the better deserts they have had. There is a reason why this is one of the best, if not the best, restaurants in Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marche Moderne reviewDisappointedHugh123Dined on 11/21/2014I heard of this restaurant from my boss, who is a foodie. I decided to take my wife for her birthday. We were both very disappointed. For the price that we paid for the food, we expected more. I ordered the petite filet for $39. The meat wasn't soft, tender and juicy as I expected it to be. I ordered a medium filet, but it tasted like an almost well filet. My wife ordered the chicken au vin. It was served in a small copper pot for $35. For that price for a chicken plate, she expected a lot. Again, the chicken was hard. She expected the chicken to be soft, juicy and just melts in her mouth. Overall, we left very disappointed.
- A slice of FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food is always outstanding with excellent flavors in every dish. Amazing bread and creamery butter and desserts straight from France. I crave the Octopus salad which is so substantial as to have as a main course. It's my fave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "A Cut Above the Rest"OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2014For those with an appreciation for a superior dining experience look no further. Despite its location in a shopping mall, the food quality and preparation are first rate and what one expects particularly given the price points. The "fixed price lunch" at $25 per is a deal offering cost conscious diners the opportunity to taste true culinary treats at a relatively meager price. Lovely salad or soup to start (plus bread equal to that found in Europe) with delicious entrée of scallops and shrimp and a dual puree, or the rich coq au vin. Finish with lightest/airiest, most delectable slice of cheesecake you've ever experienced. One of the better restaurants in OC; a must stop on the culinary tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DiningduoVIPDined on 11/13/2014Another incredible meal and evening here! Tried their fall tasting menu.. So good! Every bite a masterpiece! Delicious. Always a treat and a pleasure to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marché Moderne excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014Delicious food, charming atmosphere, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UltimatefoodieDined on 11/6/2014We return to this restaurant year after year and always find it to be the best restaurant in Orange County. Superb in every way.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experiencejemtDined on 11/6/2014I've dined here several times, normally at lunch, and never had even a whisper of complaint. Wonderful experience from the professionalism of the staff to the excellence of the food. This is a truly fine establishment in every respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPattyDined on 11/3/2014Food was well prepared. As am a chef, I enjoyed eating many dishes there. The pork belly was well balance and delicious. The service was ok but I expected more since it's a fine dining. The servers need to be trained and don't peak out to check wether we were done eating.. At least don't ask us all the time like are you done yet...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conniegDined on 11/1/2014No question, this remains the top restaurant in Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite reunion restaurantmarchefanVIPDined on 10/27/2014Our most recent Marche visit was a reunion of mostly retired professional colleagues that we do twice a year. The service and the food never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigSurFriendVIPDined on 10/25/2014This is always my favorite restaurant. Food impeccable, service professional and the total experience devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and service.LindaLuVIPDined on 10/19/2014True French food. Excellent set menu. Great service. Best octopusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentmarchefanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Ursurpassed quality and thoughtful seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spontané menu a bargainHazHDined on 10/13/2014Gourmet lunch and dinner located on third floor in the Nordstrom's wing of South Coast Plaza Mall. Although conveniently located in a Mall, it is not a restaurant you can drop in for a quick bite while shopping. Reservations is recommended. Food is excellent but expensive. Three course Spontané menu ($25-30) for lunch and 5 course tasting menu ($95) for dinner makes it a little more affordable. Service is good.Special Features:
- Food Of The GodsPacManFeverDined on 10/12/2014Jidori Chicken was the best ever, followed by an excellent dessert wine. Waiter was incredibly classy and helpful. Very excellent experience :)Special Features:
- Amazing Food!Jules3029Dined on 10/8/2014If you are looking for great tasting French cuisine, this is the place to go! A bit pricey, but worth having a chef prepared meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As I remember before, great food!!PearlwhiteDined on 10/5/2014It's been a little while I haven't been to this restaurant. However, like I remember, food was really great! Service was also great!! We had a Prix Fixe dish. I'll come back for that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SJLawDined on 10/3/2014Nice hostess seated us upon arrival, even though we were 10 minutes early. Quiet, round table for two. Make reservations + ask for LYLE: gracious pro; friendly and knowledgeable. Dinner was well paced. All waitstaff was AWESOME. Danny recommended an excellent wine. The menu is super. Nice variety, interesting preparations, all tempting; seasonal. Small and larger plates. Recommend: The steak tartare was the best, ever (you prepare it, your way). Chowder with bone marrow. Caramelized pork belly appetizer. Crispy duck confit+duck breast. Plating was beautiful and appetizing. Thankfully, portions are enough to satisfy without feeling uncomfortably full. Coconut eclair + vanilla ice cream and espresso: PERFECT. Service: The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSouthernCaliDined on 10/2/2014Disappointing service. Solo lunch diner. Received bread after first course, even then i requested it several times. Ex. Everyone around me were receiving seconds and third bread servings. Should have left but i admit i sat there in shock. Shrimp and pasta dish arrived cold, don't remember tasting it . By then I didn't want to it. Just paid and left. The iced tea was great
- Excellent dining experienceSDR27Dined on 9/30/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Definitely one of the top places to eat at South Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's a keeperMSMSIDined on 9/26/2014enjoyed food, drinks, ambiance and service. will be coming backSpecial Features:
- Great food for a great evening!CarolineDined on 9/26/2014We came to Marché Moderne for a birthday celebration. We got great food and amazing service making it a wonderful night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tasting foodBestinocVIPDined on 9/23/2014You cannot pick anything wrong on the menu. Even the dishes you most likely would never order are delicious . One of the best meals I have had!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in the mallAwkwardVIPDined on 9/23/2014Located on the top floor of South Coast Plaza, tucked away from all expensive stores. We sat in a section that was meant to mimic an outside patio within the mall. Husband ordered a chardonnay and I had ice tea, which was continuously being filled. As I wasn't too hungry, I had the salmon gravalax from the appetizer section as my lunch, and my husband had the anti-ceasar, which were both excellent. For dessert, I've requested the dessert that was part of the 3 course meal a la carte, a coconut eclair, which I am glad they were willing to do so as it was delicious. My husband had the warn apple tart, which was also excellent.Special Features:
- Superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in SoCal. I live in Redlands but whenever I will be in the area, I come here for lunch. I had the prixe fixe menu which is a good deal. The chicken fell off the bone and was scrumptious. The service was attentive as usual, although I was never asked if I wanted coffee with my dessert-- which I didSpecial Features:
- up themselvesozfoodcriticDined on 9/18/2014banished to the furthest table because we had 2 children with us - we might as well have had ebola virus!. the restaurant was only 30% full and we had to sit away from everyone. when will restaurants realise it's not just the quality of the food ( it was very good here) but the ambience.Special Features:
- Good but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014Interesting menu- very good presentation of food-the question is : Is the total experience worth the cost?? Not sure it is!!Special Features:
- Best in Orange CountyTunesVIPDined on 9/12/2014Marche is easily the best restaurant in Orange County and could compete with any of New York's fines. ( and will the French Laundry which we have also dined at) . The menu is incredibly inventive and centered around the freshest ingredients available. Chef Florentine and wife Amelia are proprietors that are interested in providing the best dining experience for their guests.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceAliciaDined on 9/10/2014I am never disappointed when dining at Marche Moderne. Not only is the food fantastic but the chef is so customer focused and very approachable.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentXKXKXDined on 9/7/2014Never disappointed at Marché. Their menu evolves every few months so there's always something new to try. Great wine list and a terrific bartender for the mixed drink lovers among us.Special Features:
- A perfect date!LoboDeWallStDined on 9/7/2014Food: I got what I paid for. I'm happy. Service: pretty attentive; not perfect, but still, I got what I paid for. Ambiance: EPIC WIN. Table for two. Quiet. Not with usual restaurant chairs, but with comfy armchairs! Stylish, and I haven't enjoyed armrests in a restaurant in a long time! It was a classy and intimate moment for me and my girl!Special Features:
- great foodgreatfoodDined on 9/3/2014great, great, great. the food hit your taste pallet. the service was wonderful strongly recommendSpecial Features:
- Very surprisedFoodieforlifeDined on 9/3/2014My wife picked the restaurant based on a conversation she overheard. I was a bit skeptical but decided to go along even though the location was in a mall (albeit South Coast). I was very impressed with every course (we did the set menu). Food was excellent and the service was very good. We will definitely come back here and suggest it to our friends.Special Features:
- marche has the best food in townFreshandtastyDined on 9/2/2014Tonight we had the albacore appetizer and the grilled trout dressed with dried blueberries and kale salad (which had little crunchy flavorful cubes that almost tasted like crispy bacon, but were spicy mini croutons) the whole dish was beautiful and flavorful ! The different textures and flavors were wonderful together and the fish was tender and delicate with absolutely no bones! (how do they do it?) For desert we had the fresh made-to-order beignets and coffee, which was heavenly. The wines we had were all wonderful, too. I can't praise this place enough!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodLindaVIPDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I have lived in New York City for many years and traveled to Europe and Asia. This was hands down the best lunch of my life. I truly wish the chefs would write a cookbook - or send me the recipe for the kale/quinoa salad.Special Features:
- The Best of Orange CountySes123VIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food and service. The chef constantly changes the menu making it fresh. It is always interesting to see what he will come up with next! The sea bream was cooked simply but perfectly. Danny, the sommelier, created perfect wine pairings with the 3 oz pours. The small "tastes" makes it possible to pair the food with the right wine, instead of only being able to have one wine. The napoleon is spectacular. The layers are perfectly crisp, and the sweet filling contrasts well with the tart sorbet.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceDAGGSDined on 8/29/2014I was actually going to write a letter to the manager. I have been to Marche several times and it is always my go to restaurant for special occasions and client lunches. However, our waitress was really awful, we waited at least 15 minutes before she came to take our order. I asked 2 other servers to get her. I never saw a manager once come by to ask about our meal. The food was very good but I was highly embarrassed to have my client there and it be so miserable. It also took another 15 minutes just to pay. It was very disappointing. She never apologized for being so tardy and just wasn't very friendly.