3333 Bristol Street, #3001
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marchemoderne.net/
- Phone: 7144347900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Everyday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner-Monday-Saturday 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Florent Marneau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restauarant happily hosts a large variety of events from business dinners to pharmaceutical programs to those important personal celebrations such as bridal and baby showers, birthdays, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Most private parties are held in the restaurant's enclosed patio area, which has an outside entrance, retractable awnings and can accommodate up to 60 guests seated and 75 guests standing. The restaurant also has access to a marbled terrace. This public space can be transformed into a lively reception space for cocktails and hand-passed hors d'oeuvres before your guests step into the patio or the main dining room. The terrace, patio and main dining room are also available on a "restaurant buyout" basis for a maximum of 130 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Special events 7144347900x
A word from Marché Moderne
Driven by a passion for market-inspired ingredients and classic French cooking techniques, Florent and Amelia Marneau have created a truly modern French bistro in the heart of Orange County. For decades, the couple worked separately in some of the best kitchens in France and Orange County. With Marché Moderne, they have followed this natural evolution by combining their culinary careers as independent restaurateurs. The contemporary French Bistro which has been critically acclaimed since its opening in spring of 2007, is located at The Penthouse at South Coast Plaza, level three, adjacent to Nordstrom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Marché Moderne - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Marché Moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (171)special occasion (157)great for lunch (122)romantic (98)notable wine list (83)neighborhood gem (63)great for outdoor dining (32)great for brunch (31)good for groups (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- The Best of Orange CountySes123VIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food and service. The chef constantly changes the menu making it fresh. It is always interesting to see what he will come up with next! The sea bream was cooked simply but perfectly. Danny, the sommelier, created perfect wine pairings with the 3 oz pours. The small "tastes" makes it possible to pair the food with the right wine, instead of only being able to have one wine. The napoleon is spectacular. The layers are perfectly crisp, and the sweet filling contrasts well with the tart sorbet.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceDAGGSDined on 8/29/2014I was actually going to write a letter to the manager. I have been to Marche several times and it is always my go to restaurant for special occasions and client lunches. However, our waitress was really awful, we waited at least 15 minutes before she came to take our order. I asked 2 other servers to get her. I never saw a manager once come by to ask about our meal. The food was very good but I was highly embarrassed to have my client there and it be so miserable. It also took another 15 minutes just to pay. It was very disappointing. She never apologized for being so tardy and just wasn't very friendly.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We went here for my birthday--food was delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant. One of the best in Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoloDined on 8/20/2014Marche was awesome!!! It was my husband's 70th birthday. I requested a table for two that is private and very intimate overlooking the restaurant. They did not promise us the table so when they seated us there we were pleasantly surprised. We started with appetizers ( 3 types of procuitto, and tuna tartare. Excellent. We then went on to share the baby beet salad. Delicious. My husband had the lamb tagine which he pronounced to be the best lamb he ever ate. It was truly exceptional. I ordered the grilled trout with a kale salad that accompanied it. Fresh and delicious. The chef happened to be there that night and he greeted us with a warm pleasant welcome. Our waiter was Danny. Very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Lovely EveningJohnDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful experience at Marche Moderne recently. Once inside this French Bistro you are apt to forget you are actually at South Coast Plaza. We found the service to be attentive without being overbearing, The menu is definitely French, but with many Asian influences as well, making for very interesting food choices. Our dinner was outstanding, and our waiter accommodated us with excellent wine pairings for each course. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for anniversarySqdnGunsDined on 8/15/2014Was recommended by a friend and took my wife for our anniversary, requested private table when making our reservation and was accommodated. The food was off the hook and the wine pairing was perfect. Look forward to going back again in the future.Special Features:
- Our favorite OC Restaurant!marchefanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Marche never fails to delight our business clients and friends, and is our go-to source for those lunches. The ever-changing spontanee lunch is a great value. Desserts (thanks to the owner's exquiste sensibilities and expertise) melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked and deliciousfussydinerDined on 8/9/2014If you want food that is perfectly cooked, Marche Moderne is for you. I had short ribs and every component was just right. We ordered a calamari dish to split that was right on. We had a scrumptious piece of Napoleon pastry that was the best we've had. We ordered two half carafes of wine, one white and one red, and both were very good. A nice place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- BethDined on 8/9/2014Service is excellent! Bone marrow is not my list to order. But I'm glad I did! I don't eat this everyday anyway! I ordered the scallop but it was not the way I expected it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MegsanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Absolutely delicious! Love how the menu changes with what's in season. This is our favorite restaurant in all of Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant in CaliforniamaryannVIPDined on 8/7/2014There are no words good enough to describe the excellence of the food and its presentation received at Marche modern It deserves a Michellin ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deal for lunch!CLarocDined on 8/6/2014Yummy lunch find. $25 for fixe price foodie heaven. 3 course delectable meal. I have had this a few times and I don't remember leaving stuffed! What a treat!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Just keeps getting better and better. I ordered an entree that I had my heart set on from the pre fixe menu, an accommodation almost unheard of in other restaurants. It was the Pig and Fin, should you get a chance to try it, you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & exceptionalalohagourmetVIPDined on 8/2/2014An incredible deal on the 3-course lunch special. We shared the special as we both wanted the same choice of their daily options. I'm glad we did, though the meal deal was great, with perfectly cooked fish, the extra dessert we purchased of beignets & caramel sauce was one of the best desserts we had the 2-weeks I was trying to work my way through Mr. Gold's 100 best meals in Los Angeles. Yes, that's the interesting part, this restaurant is in Orange County, yet made the top 100 in L.A.! Well-deserved. Delicious and lovely.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Food, service and ambience were all perfect for our 20th wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- Great Food Deserves Great Service!blissfield1949VIPDined on 7/28/2014This is one of the most creative restaurant kitchens in Southern California. The chef's exacting culinary efforts are much appreciated. He literally imports a cornucopia of fresh seafood from France once a year to craft one of the finest bouillibaisses' in the world. That kind of evocative cooking deserves more consistent service. After being served the accompaniements for that dish we waited nearly 20 minutes for the bouillibaisse itself to arrive sans spoons. We dined on the patio and the restaurant seems well staffed but attention to detail, attentiveness and good service was sorely lacking. It was not for lack of training, our waiter was charming and experienced just AWOL. I love the food but will be hard pressed to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Must Visit When in Town!GoodFoodHoundDined on 7/27/2014When we visit our kids we always stop in for an excellent lunch. The prix fixe special selections are stellar. The food is delicious and fresh and the ambience elegant and inviting. The reception is friendly and service excellent. We are never disappointed. We will return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as L.A.wineguyDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is comparable to top L.A. destinations. No other restaurant in O.C. is close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bouillabaisse EVERMiCoJDined on 7/25/2014I have to give special props to Marche for their Bouillabaisse. It is by far the best I have had! Le Cirque is close but Marche's beats everyone hands down! They literally put a mountain of fresh sea food in the bowl then fill ot with broth so you can see what exactly you are getting. Everything is flown is fresh daily and you can tell easily in the taste of freshness each bite has. I highly reccomend going b ut hurry as it only lasts a week each year. After you try it you will be one of the regulars, I am sure of it.Special Features:
- Good, but no higherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Our service was excellent; the rest so-so. We were not impressed by the menu or the quality of the food. Perhaps my expectations were too high as the resturant is rated as one of the best in the OC - not so. There is nothing wrong with the restaurant. It just doesn't shine.
- Terrible so sadSharmDined on 7/22/2014I have been going to marche Moderne for years. The normally have a 3 course lunch for $20.00 which is still listed on their website now it is $25.00. I had clams that were not washed they were full of sand. I feel as of this restaurant has gone down hill. It was my birthday they brought out a empty plate and put the candle on a empty plate why would they do that how horrible to blow out a birthday candle on a white empty plate. Strange. I will never come back again. After years and years.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014In my view, this is simply the best restaurant in Orange County. Truly outstanding French food that's as close to being in Paris as you can get. Wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and the wine list is also exceptional, without being too long.Special Features:
- Delicious food with great service.Luv2eatDined on 7/20/2014Had the 3 course Prix fixe lunch on Sunday which started with a melon prosciutto salad. The melons were perfectly sweet and ripe, paired nicely with the saltiness of the prosciutto and pepperiness of the arugula. Next was the short rib which was tasty and tender. My only complaint was that there wasn't much meat on the few ribs on the plate. There was definitely more bone than meat. The meal ended perfectly with Strawberry cake that had a slight crisp top, fried perhaps?, but made light by the chantilly. Service was also good and attentive. I was seated expediently, waiter was timely in taking both drink and meal orders. My water glass was promptly refilled throughout the meal. Overall, a solid dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food and great servicesmaryannVIPDined on 7/18/2014You continue to be the BEST restaurant in Orange CountySpecial Features:
- Can't get enough of Marche!marchefanVIPDined on 7/18/2014The spontanee lunch is consistently a great value and and opportunity to enjoy the owners' latest (what seems to be endless) creativity of salad, main course, and dessert. The shrimp and pasta was light and flavorful; the tomatoes added a special touch. We have never had melt-in-your-mouth strawberry short cake like the Spontanee dessert. The salad with melon, proscuitto, riccota, and almonds was exquisite.Special Features:
- Great food, impatient serviceMediocreServiceDined on 7/17/2014What marred our experience was an impatient waiter who took away our appetizers before we were finished with them, discouraged us from ordering foods despite our interest, and put our check on the table before we were finished with our desserts. He tried to rush us through the whole meal. This is absolutely unacceptable for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- CelebrationMychoiceDined on 7/15/2014Marche' Moderne never disappoints you. This is truly one of a great restaurants in Southern California. The menu is well thought out offering tastes for all individual preferences in the dining party. The Chef has prepared the food expertly and it is presented on the plate with style. The service is more than expected even for an exceptional restaurant. Our server was Larisa - ask for her.Special Features:
- Top-Notch Food at South Coast PlazaExAnaheimerDined on 7/13/2014I consider this to be one of the OC's top restaurants. The menu, which always reflects and evolves with the seasons, includes old favorites and intriguing new dishes based on fresh and interesting ingredients. I'm especially fond of the various salads. French fare can be a little bit heavy for my tastes, but I can always find something light and always enjoy the seafood I usually order. The appetizers are particularly inventive and I would recommend making a meal out of several them. There's often a great fixed price meal available.Special Features:
- One of my favoriteBVDinerDined on 7/12/2014Beef tartar, schnitzel. Heirlooms tomatoes. Service was excellent as always. Just a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Lobster salad!marchefanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Marche has always done this better than any other restaurant we know. This is Marche Lobster Salad 2.0, improved (if that is possible) from the outstanding version last offered, with flavorful heirloom tomatoes. Flavors are exquisite in this light and nuanced main dish salad. The spontanee lunch is always an excellent value. On Friday, July 11, it featured a delicious salad including beets haricot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tastingDiningduoVIPDined on 7/10/2014Tried the chef's summer tasting menu on this visit. Awesome. We loved every bite from start to finish. Great service. Delicious food. Doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, for an Irvine restaurant....pandcDined on 7/9/2014A classic French bistro with fair-good food. Charming patio seating right there on the top of the mall. The whipped goat cheese on the beet salad was delightful, and the morel mushroom sauce on the Jidori chicken was tasty. But the 2 scallops (for $40!) arrived with a strong whiff of fishiness, and there's nothing the chef could do to cook the "old" out of that fish. The tomato risotto was so bland as to be tasteless, and the cheese course to start was good but not exceptional. After eating at Republique in LA last week, this place did not compare. Hardly one of the top 100 in LA.Special Features:
- Best Lunch in the OCFoodieZDined on 7/9/2014I always look forward to the fixed price lunch at Marche Moderne. Quite a treat for a lunch - delicious food and amazing quality. If you go up to the top of the parking garage near Nordstrom's there is a walkway connecting you to the secret floor where Marche Morderne is.Special Features:
- French Lesson in orderingSamplerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Two of us met our french teacher for dinner so we could practice ordering our meals in french. We are both getting ready to travel to France and thought this would be a great idea. We had so much fun talking to the two managers Nadine and Melissa. They were so accommodating and very patient with us. Our teacher had fun correcting us. We laughed all night. The food was outstanding. Having three people that like to share we tried many of the appetizers and meals. The champagne was wonderful too. Thanks for the experience!Special Features:
- Top ResturantMychoiceDined on 7/3/2014It does get any better than this. I have enjoyed March'e Moderne several times & have always experienced consistent high quality food $ service.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantJujubeesVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were celebrating our 35th anniversary and I had never been to this restaurant before. The food was excellent as was the service and ambiance. Loved it!! We will for sure go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantnewbyDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I have eaten here on a number of occasions and have enjoyed the food each and every time. The restaurant is very professional in every respect and the food preparation is outstanding. We would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- the bestDallasDined on 6/28/2014forget about the location in south coast plaza food, service, wine list is fabulous, and a must do in Orange CountySpecial Features:
- Relax after cardio shoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Marche Moderne is the perfect ending for some retail therapy. Lovely, special location.Special Features:
- Second TimeNeverEnoughDined on 6/26/2014This place is excellent. Food, service, the whole thing. Odd location in a mall but who cares?Special Features: