296 East 5th Avenue, Ste 310
Eugene, OR 97401Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcherestaurant.com/home.php
- Phone: (541) 342-3612
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Small Plates: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Rocky Maselli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Celebrating life with locally grown and gathered food, prepared witch care and served with elegance and flair. Whether it's a luncheon, tasteful business gathering, stylish cocktail party, exquisite dinner, fabulous wedding celebration, rehearsal dinner or bridal shower, the attentive staff will bring the pleasure of dining at Marche to the event. Exclusive catering at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art at the University of Oregon or any other location of choice.
- Private Party Facilities: The Courtyard Room accommodates groups of up to 25. Marche is happy to create special menus and can custom print the menu with your unique heading. Audio-visual equipment, flowers and other decor can be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Blaine 5413423612
A word from Marche
Marche, located in Eugene, Oregon, opened in August 1998. The restaurant, which seats 80 guests, has an exhibition kitchen featuring a beautiful wood-fired oven. There is also a stylish bar and a large outdoor dining area, covered with awnings and umbrellas and surrounded by a garden of herbs and edible flowers. Marche takes its name from the French word for market – a word that describes our location in the bustling 5th street Market and more importantly, our philosophy of cooking. The menu is based on the foods one would find at a farmer’s market: fresh, seasonal, and regional. Marche is committed to using only those ingredients that are at their best, so our menu evolves as we move through the seasons of the year. Marche also believes in using the highest quality and most healthful ingredients available and to that end use organic, free range, and chemical free products. The culinary technique is French-based: intensely flavored and simply but beautifully presented.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Marche - Best Restaurants in Eugene ›
Marche reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (24)romantic (24)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- LibbyDined on 11/18/2014The food was terrific and the atmosphere was very subdued. Very attentive staff. The parking was more than adequate and close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always a pleasure to dine at Marché!FluffyDined on 11/11/2014We dine regularly at Le Bar but decided to sit at the chef's bar for our wedding anniversary celebration. The drinks were great, the food very good, the service absolutely perfect. Thank you for a memorable celebration, Marché!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some things didn't workKirklandboyVIPDined on 11/10/2014Ling cod Miso style was a big disappointment. Very boring treatment of a boring fish. Otherwise fine. Good wine list and apps. We will be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good atmospherebeachgal20Dined on 11/10/2014Great for business meeting, interesting, awesome food. Great wine and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu, great locationCook4meDined on 11/9/2014We ate a light dinner. Olives with citrus & herbs (spicy), mussels (great sauce), pumpkin pizzetta, beet salad and a romaine salad and a Rosé. All were fresh and good, and the beet salad was really wonderful. If you're from out of town, this restaurant is nestled in a really interesting small shopping center (french market, a couple of clothing stores, and boutique garden/decor store) and a great hotel, Inn at the 5th.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went for brunch, remembering that their eggs Benedict were very very good. Again, they were wonderful. Exquisitely prepared. We were well tended by the wait staff, the whole experience was spacious and heart warming, and we left already savoring the next time we would come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Celebration.FrenchieDined on 11/8/2014Four of us went to Marche to celebrate a brother and sister's birthday. Entrees that were enjoyed were lamb, duck and steak tartar. They were all delicious. The oysters on the half shell were very fresh and very tasty. It was a fun evening and the deserts were yummy!Special Features:
- Our favorite meal of our vacation!LisaDined on 11/7/2014We used Open Table to find you, and actually expected something more casual / ordinary. Boy, were we surprised! The menu was unique and wonderful! We came for lunch, so being able to order and share several plates was great. My husband loves Steak Tartare, and we rarely find it offered, he said it was one of the best he's had. We had a seat near the (open) kitchen, and it was fun to see the other dishes coming out, too. All around a great find!Special Features:
- Great food, imaginative menuLeftyDined on 11/5/2014Fun menu with interesting choices in all categories--entree, starters, small plates, etc which made ordering fun. Excellent service. Not really romantic, but suitable for a special occasion. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Brunch!vawterbDined on 11/2/2014Took my daughter and a friend and had such a great time. Such creative and beautiful plates! Get a reservation because the line went out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to restaurant in EugenejciiiDined on 11/1/2014In Eugene for a U of O football game- did our "tail-gate" at Marche- good food, creative preparation and good servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had at marcheJennyDined on 10/31/2014Over the years, I've gone to marche many times. My recent visit was the best, remarkable fried oysters and greens and the rest of the meal lived up to that high bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestnoteztopleezDined on 10/29/2014As always, a lovely meal. My favorite restaurant in Eugene. Consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 10/28/2014Nice downtown restaurant, comfortable decor, fine dining. Menu has changed since previous visits, nice selections, but fewer choices, same great food. Great service, server knew menu well, helped with item recommendations. Food well prepared, tasty, nice portion sizes. One entree slight under cooked, though still very tasty and edible. Nice wine list to complement menu offerings. Nice dessert selections, though passed as was full enough with prior appetizer and entree. Have eaten at Marche many times, always consistently good to great meal and overall pleasant dining experience. Will definietly return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice settingluv2dineDined on 10/24/2014We eat here every time we're in Eugene. The menu is always changing, never boring. The food and service are always good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Great food, wine, and service. A little too noisy but otherwise great. Have already recommended it! Thanks, MJPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday dinnerFroudieDined on 10/8/2014We've enjoyed Marche in the past -- it's a great upscale "special occasion" restaurant. So when I made the reservation for my wife's birthday on OpenTable I let them know the occasion and asked for a nice table. They came through with flying colors! From the moment we entered, we were treated to a warm, relaxed, and Eugene-friendly ambiance. We chose to share a range of starters and mains: a seasonal pumpkin and onion pizzetta, a rich and interesting braised duck with anise, and the best moules frites we've ever had; the latter were served in a fabulous apple cider-reduced cream sauce. Our server was delightful. The remarkably delicious sorbet came with a candle! A memorable dinner that left us feeling very well fed and taken care of.Special Features:
- Restaurant packed but still greatSuzanneandDickDined on 9/30/2014On our drive from Canada to California, we make a point of overnighting in Eugene solely because we can eat dinner and breakfast at at Marche. Although the restaurant was packed, causing service to be slow (our waiter did apoligize), the meals were great. Marche uses fresh ingredients and their chefs know how to properly prepare and present their meals. I had beet salad and the tuna-both flavouful and not overcooked. My husdand, charcuterie plate and steak tartar-excellent. We were able to find a moderately priced excellent French wine on their extensive wine list. Too full to enjoy a dessert. For breakfast I had a wonderful Croque Madame while my husband had the poacked eggs on ratatouille. Thoroughly enjoyable, we will always come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and fantasicReviewNoobDined on 9/28/2014Brunch at the Marche is always a good idea. The service is efficient and gracious. The food is simply delicious. Using fresh and seasonal ingredients, the Marche makes each meal feel like a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite RestaurantPatriciaDined on 9/27/2014Perfect choice for a wonderful evening out with friends.Special Features:
- off to schoolGoldieVIPDined on 9/26/2014The location and food were good as was the service. The only thing that seemed out of place was the price. Everything on the menu was about 15% higher than the value provided. The night we were there, the attendance appeared to convey that as well. The restaurant was not full on a Friday night. Good but too expensive, we will not go back.Special Features:
- Always enjoyablesyberspriteDined on 9/22/2014We always have a delicious meal at Marche. Try the burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail1111VIPDined on 9/21/2014As usual, wonderful food well prepared and imaginatively designed. Friendly and knowledgeable wait staff make it even more enjoyable. Most memorable tonight was the triple sorbet dessert, three melons, clear and wonderful complex flavors. WonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite in EugeneJudyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit to Marche and it has become our new favorite. My daughter attends U of O and I am an alum so I spend time in Eugene as possible. The folks at Marche welcomed us and their friendliness made our meal better. The fresh tomatoes were lovely in a salad. The smoked pork chop takes top honors in my book. Yep. We liked it and will return. Also appreciate the complimentary parking.Special Features:
- Not my StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Don't get me wrong. Marche' is a nice dining experience. They are on the high end of what I like to spend, and I reserve those times for a more intimate dining experience. The proximity of other diners is pretty close. The food is exceptionally good. Every facet of the meal is delectable. The portions though are quite small. Admittedly we only went to Marche' because we had a gift card. I was surprised at how many people were there, casually dressed like they were at a Chili's for a quick evening meal, but were going to drop three figures to eat there.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedPickyEater45Dined on 9/11/2014We received a gift certificate to Marche and decided to have dinner there. The service was okay until the server brought my entree to the table with my husband's. When I tasted it it was barely warm. I asked the server if it was supposed to be served hot. She answered it was and took it off to be warmed up. When I got it back, my husband was halfway through his and mine was now overcooked, the "homemade mozzarella" melted off into non-existence. The eggplant was now tough. I think this restaurant is overpriced for what it delivers. I will not be a return customer.Special Features:
- Loved it!JudyVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of those places that just seemed "right". Really good food - with some interesting/unique (but not weird) choices (e.g. bison steak which had amazingly rich flavors). Great wine selections and a sommelier who was helpful, knowledgable and totally unpretentious. Breakfast was also really outstanding. Will plan to eat there every time we are back in Eugene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh OhTweetyDined on 9/6/2014Was special occasion and so looked forward to a great meal. Not happening. Ordered pork chop. When meal came was the Halibut. I said no and all seemed no problem. Told about 8 minutes for meal I ordered. Meal came and was just perfect. Enjoyed. Ordered dessert and was again disappointed cake seemed stale and a bit dry. Drinks were good but not outstanding. My biggest complaint would be no comp for the huge mix up. Bill close to 100 for 2 over 100 with tip. Think their menu should be more diverse. Am local and that would not be my choice to treat out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad nicoiseMaryeatsDined on 9/4/2014This is the best salad nicoise available. Fresh, light, perfect portion, it's my favorite menu item. Great spot for lunch meetings, special occasions, intimate dining or party! And sometimes the waiters will sing - beautifully!Special Features:
- The BestReturntoportlandDined on 8/30/2014When only the best will do, we would strongly recommend Marche. What an incredible find in a small college town. It could easily be one of the top restaurants in it's large cousin to the North, Portland. Always local and fresh ingredients, cooked so that every nuance dances on your pallet. The service here is the only thing that could be better than the meal. We have enjoyed dinner and breakfast here, and all were second to none. It always a must stop when we travel to Eugene from Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eugene SurprisePJL922Dined on 8/29/2014Far Far exceeded our expectations. Fresh ingredients with vibrant flavor profiles but always in balance. e.g a novel approach to gazpacho utilizing watermelon. There was a very nice acidity to balance the sweetness of the watermelon. A thoughtful wine list which paired well with the menu offerings. At lunch the next day, I tried a pork-belly BLT off the bar menu that was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food at Marche was delicious, however our service was slow and inattentive. The service issue appears to be hit and miss since we could hear and see the waiter in another section being informative, attentive and on point. If we had sat inhis section, the rating for this review would likely be a 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun final evening ......FoodIsFunInDCDined on 8/25/2014The Marche is remnant of The Excelsior when it was under the care of Stephanie Pearl. Bright and entertaining servers. Very good, seasonal food - some of it outstanding, all of it very good. As usual the desserts were impressive, outstanding, fun and a few to die for. We were a group of seven so we tried all of the desserts, sharing them. I was visiting from the east coast so this was a fun farewell dinner with close friends. Last year I was in Eugene and one evening ate at the bar - food was equal to the dinner this week - but the service was as arrogant as service can be under the Pearl regime - and he did not even get the order correct! - I thought it was pretty funny - and indeed a good meal. By all means go to the Marche!Special Features:
- Won't go backNothappyDined on 8/24/2014Waiter dose not belong in food service industry,only nice thing manager comp our meals after I refuse to pay for a eight $ half glass mimosa
- My favorite eugene ResturauntD3JrDined on 8/20/2014I have been going to Marche since it opened. I knew Stephanie before then and was aware of her skills. I go more often for lunch because I work downtown. I was recently married there had had our wedding group dinner there. It was wonderful. Food great and service by Phil exceptional. It will remain a regular for me.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Pleasing ServicejimofseattleVIPDined on 8/16/2014We ate at this restaurant when we stayed at the Inn at 5th for a night in mid-August. I was delighted with my meal which consisted of two items for the bar menu (which is also served in the dining room upon request). I shared a generous plate of fried oysters and then had the Salad Nicoise as my main course. It was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 8/9/2014MY WIFE AND I WENT FOR SUPPER AND DECIDED TO HAVE MULTIPLE APPETISERS. THE CHARCUTERIE WAS EXCELLENT. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT ELSE WE HAD, BUT I DO REMEMBER ALL THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014We were visiting Eugene for a conference and happened to stay next door to Marche. We ended up eating there for Friday breakfast and Saturday brunch in addition to our dinner on Friday. We couldn't have been happier with our meals each time. The food was just delicious and the entire experience was very wonderful. It's a good thing we don't live in Eugene or we would be here far too often!Special Features:
- Great findToddVIPDined on 8/2/2014Marche' has a small menu of amazing dishes. The salmon was simply incredible. They also have a terrific selection of OR and WA wines. It was the best restaurant we have found in Eugene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFrankDined on 8/1/2014A variety menu selections are offered so you have choices among meat, fish, pasta, and vegetables. The soup is always an pleasant surprise. In addition, you can chose from a bar menu that also has a variety of selections. The setting is pleasant and there is a nice outdoor eating area. All in all, a wonderful dining experience.Special Features: