296 East 5th Avenue, Ste 310
Eugene, OR 97401Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcherestaurant.com/home.php
- Phone: 5413423612
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Small Plates: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Rocky Maselli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Celebrating life with locally grown and gathered food, prepared witch care and served with elegance and flair. Whether it's a luncheon, tasteful business gathering, stylish cocktail party, exquisite dinner, fabulous wedding celebration, rehearsal dinner or bridal shower, the attentive staff will bring the pleasure of dining at Marche to the event. Exclusive catering at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art at the University of Oregon or any other location of choice.
- Private Party Facilities: The Courtyard Room accommodates groups of up to 25. Marche is happy to create special menus and can custom print the menu with your unique heading. Audio-visual equipment, flowers and other decor can be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Blaine 5413423612
A word from Marche
Marche, located in Eugene, Oregon, opened in August 1998. The restaurant, which seats 80 guests, has an exhibition kitchen featuring a beautiful wood-fired oven. There is also a stylish bar and a large outdoor dining area, covered with awnings and umbrellas and surrounded by a garden of herbs and edible flowers. Marche takes its name from the French word for market – a word that describes our location in the bustling 5th street Market and more importantly, our philosophy of cooking. The menu is based on the foods one would find at a farmer’s market: fresh, seasonal, and regional. Marche is committed to using only those ingredients that are at their best, so our menu evolves as we move through the seasons of the year. Marche also believes in using the highest quality and most healthful ingredients available and to that end use organic, free range, and chemical free products. The culinary technique is French-based: intensely flavored and simply but beautifully presented.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Marche - Best Restaurants in Eugene ›
Marche reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (58)great for outdoor dining (36)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (28)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (25)good for groups (17)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Great food, wine, and service. A little too noisy but otherwise great. Have already recommended it! Thanks, MJPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday dinnerFroudieDined on 10/8/2014We've enjoyed Marche in the past -- it's a great upscale "special occasion" restaurant. So when I made the reservation for my wife's birthday on OpenTable I let them know the occasion and asked for a nice table. They came through with flying colors! From the moment we entered, we were treated to a warm, relaxed, and Eugene-friendly ambiance. We chose to share a range of starters and mains: a seasonal pumpkin and onion pizzetta, a rich and interesting braised duck with anise, and the best moules frites we've ever had; the latter were served in a fabulous apple cider-reduced cream sauce. Our server was delightful. The remarkably delicious sorbet came with a candle! A memorable dinner that left us feeling very well fed and taken care of.Special Features:
- Restaurant packed but still greatSuzanneandDickDined on 9/30/2014On our drive from Canada to California, we make a point of overnighting in Eugene solely because we can eat dinner and breakfast at at Marche. Although the restaurant was packed, causing service to be slow (our waiter did apoligize), the meals were great. Marche uses fresh ingredients and their chefs know how to properly prepare and present their meals. I had beet salad and the tuna-both flavouful and not overcooked. My husdand, charcuterie plate and steak tartar-excellent. We were able to find a moderately priced excellent French wine on their extensive wine list. Too full to enjoy a dessert. For breakfast I had a wonderful Croque Madame while my husband had the poacked eggs on ratatouille. Thoroughly enjoyable, we will always come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and fantasicReviewNoobDined on 9/28/2014Brunch at the Marche is always a good idea. The service is efficient and gracious. The food is simply delicious. Using fresh and seasonal ingredients, the Marche makes each meal feel like a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite RestaurantPatriciaDined on 9/27/2014Perfect choice for a wonderful evening out with friends.Special Features:
- off to schoolGoldieVIPDined on 9/26/2014The location and food were good as was the service. The only thing that seemed out of place was the price. Everything on the menu was about 15% higher than the value provided. The night we were there, the attendance appeared to convey that as well. The restaurant was not full on a Friday night. Good but too expensive, we will not go back.Special Features:
- Always enjoyablesyberspriteDined on 9/22/2014We always have a delicious meal at Marche. Try the burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail1111VIPDined on 9/21/2014As usual, wonderful food well prepared and imaginatively designed. Friendly and knowledgeable wait staff make it even more enjoyable. Most memorable tonight was the triple sorbet dessert, three melons, clear and wonderful complex flavors. WonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite in EugeneJudyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit to Marche and it has become our new favorite. My daughter attends U of O and I am an alum so I spend time in Eugene as possible. The folks at Marche welcomed us and their friendliness made our meal better. The fresh tomatoes were lovely in a salad. The smoked pork chop takes top honors in my book. Yep. We liked it and will return. Also appreciate the complimentary parking.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedPickyEater45Dined on 9/11/2014We received a gift certificate to Marche and decided to have dinner there. The service was okay until the server brought my entree to the table with my husband's. When I tasted it it was barely warm. I asked the server if it was supposed to be served hot. She answered it was and took it off to be warmed up. When I got it back, my husband was halfway through his and mine was now overcooked, the "homemade mozzarella" melted off into non-existence. The eggplant was now tough. I think this restaurant is overpriced for what it delivers. I will not be a return customer.Special Features:
- Loved it!JudyVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of those places that just seemed "right". Really good food - with some interesting/unique (but not weird) choices (e.g. bison steak which had amazingly rich flavors). Great wine selections and a sommelier who was helpful, knowledgable and totally unpretentious. Breakfast was also really outstanding. Will plan to eat there every time we are back in Eugene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh OhTweetyDined on 9/6/2014Was special occasion and so looked forward to a great meal. Not happening. Ordered pork chop. When meal came was the Halibut. I said no and all seemed no problem. Told about 8 minutes for meal I ordered. Meal came and was just perfect. Enjoyed. Ordered dessert and was again disappointed cake seemed stale and a bit dry. Drinks were good but not outstanding. My biggest complaint would be no comp for the huge mix up. Bill close to 100 for 2 over 100 with tip. Think their menu should be more diverse. Am local and that would not be my choice to treat out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad nicoiseMaryeatsDined on 9/4/2014This is the best salad nicoise available. Fresh, light, perfect portion, it's my favorite menu item. Great spot for lunch meetings, special occasions, intimate dining or party! And sometimes the waiters will sing - beautifully!Special Features:
- The BestReturntoportlandDined on 8/30/2014When only the best will do, we would strongly recommend Marche. What an incredible find in a small college town. It could easily be one of the top restaurants in it's large cousin to the North, Portland. Always local and fresh ingredients, cooked so that every nuance dances on your pallet. The service here is the only thing that could be better than the meal. We have enjoyed dinner and breakfast here, and all were second to none. It always a must stop when we travel to Eugene from Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eugene SurprisePJL922Dined on 8/29/2014Far Far exceeded our expectations. Fresh ingredients with vibrant flavor profiles but always in balance. e.g a novel approach to gazpacho utilizing watermelon. There was a very nice acidity to balance the sweetness of the watermelon. A thoughtful wine list which paired well with the menu offerings. At lunch the next day, I tried a pork-belly BLT off the bar menu that was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food at Marche was delicious, however our service was slow and inattentive. The service issue appears to be hit and miss since we could hear and see the waiter in another section being informative, attentive and on point. If we had sat inhis section, the rating for this review would likely be a 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun final evening ......FoodIsFunInDCDined on 8/25/2014The Marche is remnant of The Excelsior when it was under the care of Stephanie Pearl. Bright and entertaining servers. Very good, seasonal food - some of it outstanding, all of it very good. As usual the desserts were impressive, outstanding, fun and a few to die for. We were a group of seven so we tried all of the desserts, sharing them. I was visiting from the east coast so this was a fun farewell dinner with close friends. Last year I was in Eugene and one evening ate at the bar - food was equal to the dinner this week - but the service was as arrogant as service can be under the Pearl regime - and he did not even get the order correct! - I thought it was pretty funny - and indeed a good meal. By all means go to the Marche!Special Features:
- Won't go backNothappyDined on 8/24/2014Waiter dose not belong in food service industry,only nice thing manager comp our meals after I refuse to pay for a eight $ half glass mimosa
- My favorite eugene ResturauntD3JrDined on 8/20/2014I have been going to Marche since it opened. I knew Stephanie before then and was aware of her skills. I go more often for lunch because I work downtown. I was recently married there had had our wedding group dinner there. It was wonderful. Food great and service by Phil exceptional. It will remain a regular for me.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Pleasing ServicejimofseattleVIPDined on 8/16/2014We ate at this restaurant when we stayed at the Inn at 5th for a night in mid-August. I was delighted with my meal which consisted of two items for the bar menu (which is also served in the dining room upon request). I shared a generous plate of fried oysters and then had the Salad Nicoise as my main course. It was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 8/9/2014MY WIFE AND I WENT FOR SUPPER AND DECIDED TO HAVE MULTIPLE APPETISERS. THE CHARCUTERIE WAS EXCELLENT. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT ELSE WE HAD, BUT I DO REMEMBER ALL THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014We were visiting Eugene for a conference and happened to stay next door to Marche. We ended up eating there for Friday breakfast and Saturday brunch in addition to our dinner on Friday. We couldn't have been happier with our meals each time. The food was just delicious and the entire experience was very wonderful. It's a good thing we don't live in Eugene or we would be here far too often!Special Features:
- Great findToddVIPDined on 8/2/2014Marche' has a small menu of amazing dishes. The salmon was simply incredible. They also have a terrific selection of OR and WA wines. It was the best restaurant we have found in Eugene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFrankDined on 8/1/2014A variety menu selections are offered so you have choices among meat, fish, pasta, and vegetables. The soup is always an pleasant surprise. In addition, you can chose from a bar menu that also has a variety of selections. The setting is pleasant and there is a nice outdoor eating area. All in all, a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Marche11goose19VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food and service was very good. Every one in our group raved about their salads and entrees, esp. Heirloom tomato salad with toasted quinoa and seared albacore tuna. Worth repeating dining at Marche.Special Features:
- Service mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014On the night of a special fixed price regional dinner, which this restaurant does about once a month, they should have their act together better. We waited 45 minutes with a reservation. They comped our drinks which took some of the sting out, but that's still not excusable in a town like Eugene. Once seated you would think they would focus on a party of 6 that had to wait 45 minutes, but it was another 10-15 minutes before we got anything but water. The food ranged from good to very good and the wine pairings were excellent. The prices were reasonable for what we got- in Seattle this would have been 50-100% more. Marche is about as good as it gets in Eugene so I wish they'd have their service act more together.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner.golsuhDined on 7/28/2014Food, service an everything was wonderful. Will return. The halibut was especially wonderful.Special Features:
- discriminodineVIPDined on 7/28/2014Our dinner was a celebration. This is the only restaurant in town we can trust and it rose to the occasion. The pizza made a delightful appetizer and the tuna and salmon entrees were both fine preparations and cooked to perfection. Dessert was also delightful. We really have no fault to find. The default Columbia Valley cab (most inexpensive bottle) was also better than we had any right to anticipate.Special Features:
- Suprisingly good cocktailsNeonLeonDined on 7/24/2014We came for the food but were surprised with their eclectic choice of signature cocktails. They were a breath of fresh air. The tuna could have been more sushi grade.Special Features:
- New Summer 2014 MenuOldLoversDined on 7/23/2014We've been to Marche countless times over the past twenty years, but never has their act been tighter or more together. The crew is a smooth, well-oiled machine in the best way. The new Summer 2014 menu is very focused. Clearly it was thought through with care and creativity. I especially loved the honeydew salad where the melon was covered with fine curls of cucumber, brightened with a shower of red peppercorns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeSandraDined on 7/19/2014Anytime I'm in Eugene I find time to have dinner at Marche. We have been dining here for approximately 7 years. This dinner was over the top with my entree goat cheese and basil soufflé wwith a starter of heirloom tomatoes. Concerned about the level of potential oak flavor in the chardonnay, the waiter offerred me a taste. Very professional staff and outstanding food every time.Special Features:
- Second time aroundDOCTORBOBVIPDined on 7/19/2014My daughter and I had dinner after a full day of moving her into an apartment to attend U of O. We were exhausted and in need of good food. We picked Marche since we had enjoyed a prior meal when apartment hunting in June. We started with the Cucumber Gimlets which were tasty and refreshing. I had the melon and cucumber salad which was perfect after the hot day and lots of hard work. Daughter had soup of the day which was great. She had the Steak and Frites and I had the Halibut. Both were perfectly prepared. No room for desert. We'll will undoubtedly be back on future visits to Eugene.Special Features:
- Love Marche, not fond of new waitermichelleVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love Marche, always good local food. New lunch waiter may be a professional waiter however not the best in accomodating a group with non english speaking friends. Was too pushy on the drinks, presented the dessert menus without asking and did not refill water glasses in a timely manner. When the check did come he wanted to hover while we concluded the payment would be cash or card. I will go back but I don't want to ever sit in his section again. Also too touchy......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice breakfastSFeatersVIPDined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed our breakfast, everything was cooked perfectly. Best meal we had while visiting University of OregonSpecial Features:
- Great place, busy nightBirdieDined on 7/14/2014Loved our meal celebrating Bastille Day at Marche. Food was great, steak frites, small aioli plate, raspberry meringue confection--all excellent. Nice, inventive cocktails and good selection of dry french rose' wines. My husband and I had a lovely dinner for two. Service worked hard--friendly, informative, not obtrusive. What they could not overcome were the noise level and snail-like pace of a new sommelier who insisted on serving all wine himself, but was bustling doing other things also. We waited 15-20 minutes for our bottle, and it arrived after our dinner course was served. However, this was my only complaint on an otherwise perfect evening. We like sitting at the chef's counter and watching the prep.Special Features:
- The Best!PatriciaDined on 7/12/2014Great food and service. Always fresh, organic and local.Special Features:
- Not for vegetarians1unhappyvegetarianDined on 7/9/2014The food is only adequate for vegetarians. Had to request a plate of veggies. My carnivore friends enjoyed the fish dishes. The noise level was unacceptable. We had to move into the bar area which was somewhat less noisy. The server couldn't even hear himself give out the specials. We couldn't hear our own conversations. I probably would go to Marche more often were it not for the noise. May I suggest you do something about sound-proofing the ceiling and walls? Also consider white wines from New Zealand, especially the Marlborough area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014We've eaten many times at Marche but this dining experience was superb. We ate outside on a very warm evening and had superb service by waitress identified as Fortier on receipt. She said she had been working at Marche for a couple of months but gave wonderful advice on the menu and wine list. She remained very efficient as the tables around us filled. One common annoyance at Marche that was not caused by her, was the often long delay after ordering a second glass of wine when served the dinner. It seems the bar tenders give total priority to customers at the bar. I've had my meal go cold before the wine arrived.Special Features:
- Perfect!EugeneanParisienneDined on 6/29/2014My family dined in honor of my husband's birthday and the experience was absolutely perfect. We were greeted warmly by the hostess the minute we walked in the door. The waiter was exceptional: Very attentive without being overbearing. In fact, he may have been the best of a long line of excellent and professional wait staff at Marche. The food, as always, was delicious. I love the atmosphere here the most and I think Le Bar has been a terrific addition. I love seeing the cooks at work. I love the decor and the combination of booths, high tops, and outdoor seating and that each section of the restaurant has a different character. This restaurant can accommodate many different sizes! Thank you for helping to make the occasion so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience, as in FranceStitchVIPDined on 6/28/2014First time at Marche. Food was fantastic, with owner touching-base to make sure it was. Salmon was cooked to perfection and presented in a decorative/ colorful plating, and was bouillabaisse was perfect; fish not overcooked. Sat outdoors on a rare gorgeous day, and together with the food and service the overall seemed liked a café experience in France.Special Features: