Marche aux Fleurs
23 Ross Common
Ross, CA 94957Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Marche aux Fleurs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcheauxfleursrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4159259200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Dan Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: There are private, semi-private, and buy out accommodations available.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Baker 4159259200
A word from Marche aux Fleurs
The Marche aux Fleurs is the farmer's market in the south of France. We have taken this name for our restaurant because we base our cuisine on the seasons and the best the local farmer's markets have to offer. Our produce is locally farmed, our seafood is wild and sustainable, and our meats are range-fed. These ingredients comprise the selections on our menu, and the flavors are clean and expressive.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Marche aux Fleurs - Best Restaurants in Ross ›
Marche aux Fleurs reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (46)romantic (37)special occasion (33)notable wine list (19)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- a special place but two misstepsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I always enjoy Marche aux Fleurs. I believe it is the best restaurant in Marin. HOWEVER: this past visit had two missteps. First, the halibut was dried out. Second, the hostess tried to seat us in the only crowded area of the room. We asked for and were given a more private table. . But I do not understand trying to sit us right next to a crowd, when there was plenty of quiet space available.Special Features:
- Perfectly deliciousAliceVIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved the food, loved the restaurant, loved the other diners, a good-looking, well dressed group. My roast chicken was perfect -- I can see my problem is how I cannot order that every time I go to Marche aux Fleurs.Special Features:
- A so-so experienceSirExpectALotDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our 17th anniversary here. It was our 3rd visit in those 17 years. She loved her Halibut, but the sauce for my steak was *very* spicy. Prior to ordering, I asked our waiter to describe the preparation and didn't hear him say anything about how spicy it was. The 'brussel sprouts with hazelnuts' were missing the hazelnuts part. I had to remind our server that I had ordered a glass of Pinot Noir to accompany the main course. The desert we ordered was *extremely* good - salted caramel creme brulee. When I ordered a second one 'to go' they said they couldn't do that. So, I had two there. Food: C+/B- Service: C+ Overall Opinion: not worth the priceSpecial Features:
- The food was just O.K. this time.carboneVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food is generally great however the food this time was terrible. The halibut was seasoned much too strongly and was very over cooked. The mushroom lasagna was awful, didn't even taste like mushrooms or lasagna. The chocolate dessert was great and the wine was great but very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzDined on 10/4/2014A forgetable experience. A limited wine list with very few wines by the glass. Dish ingredients did not really meld together.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/3/2014A little pricey but creative chef and nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Always TopsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014We took our foodie friends from Los Angeles to dinner for a birthday celebration and they LOVED it as much as we do. This restaurant is always outstanding in quality and interest of the food and the warmth of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaseballfanDined on 9/26/2014The food was incredible and the service was great. As usual there were many wonderful wine choices from many smaller wineries. Every time we go, we say that we should come even more often. Super.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightReview2helpUDined on 9/26/2014Marche aux Fleurs is the perfect place for a special date night! My wife and I went here for a very nice and tasty date. It is a fun, yet romantic atmosphere where you can enjoy a night to reconnect and decompress from a busy life. They have great food, wine, and service...what more could you ask for??? Love it and will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a Special PlaceAldenVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were looking for a place for a romantic evening and this was perfect. It's intimate inside, but also has an outdoor patio, weather permitting. The food was outstanding (we had the vegetable, mushroom gnocchi) and they have a great wine list. The service was also great. It' not cheap, but you do get what you pay for at this special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful--as always...butOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 9/23/2014while the food, service, ambiance, and setting were wonderful--as always--the choc cake was disappointing...Special Features:
- Casual elegance under the starsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014We came on 9/20 to celebrate my birthday and ate on the patio The wine list had lots of options and prices. The menu offered duck, wonderful fish, pasta and vegetarian dishes. We started with the cheese board, which included sheep, goat, blue and cheddar. It was the inventive sweet and savory accompaniments that really made the cheese so special. We both had the fish; salmon, and halibut. Again, the fish was prepared so perfectly, the flavors so rich, the vegetables so fresh, we were taken away to somewhere in France. The dessert, chocolate and heavenly, was the end of a perfect meal. I should also point out that the waitstaff was always around but not hovering. Will certainly return again.Special Features:
- BugsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014THere are some things that can't be controlled, but of all the outdoor restaurants I've been to, i've never had such a problem with bugs. The yellow jackets that plagued us while we ate came in second to the mosquitos that dined on me. Maybe someone should call and have the place sprayed… for while I enjoyed the food, and think it's a beautiful space, I don't know that I want to have to fight off mother nature while I'm eating a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014The only word I can think of to describe this place is exquisite. The outdoor dining brought memories of Paris. The food was mouth watering. We shared the gnocchi which was absolutely to die for. Both of us figured that it could not be topped. Well we were mistake after we shared the chicken entrée. For dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake which was also delicious. Overall I 'd highly recommend this place. One of the best restaurants in the bay area for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was amazing. The service exceptional. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:
- Fabulous Unique Food PairingsKathyDined on 9/5/2014Dates wrapped in bacon? Hazelnuts and figs with halibut? Both were fantastic. Love their outdoor patio in warm weather. Never had a dish that I didn't love here. Unique wine list with many unknown wineries and moderate prices. Excellent friendly service to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisacaliexplorersVIPDined on 8/30/2014A quaint outdoor setting in a beautiful neighborhood in Marin. The food was amazing from the First Bites, Avocado Crostini to the warm chocolate cake for dessert. We will go back again and again until we try the entire menu.Special Features:
- DisappointedRavenousMuseVIPDined on 8/29/2014I ordered the duck confit entrée accompanied by sautéed cabbage and peaches with pistachio "dust." The duck was great, as usual, but the cabbage was bland and the peach was rock hard. Guess I'll stick with the gnocchi next time.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantdvdwDined on 8/20/2014Great location, especially if you live in the area. Quiet, village-like atmosphere, no issues with access or parking. Very friendly, accommodating staff. We happened to be there on a mid-week, rather slow night, so it was very relaxed, quiet and comfortable. Our appetizer was delicious (avocado foccacia). Entrees of steak and duck confit were well-prepared with coordinated sides. Corkage fee was reasonable for self-brought wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, disappointing fooddine4lifeDined on 8/9/2014We just moved to the area and wanted to love this restaurant. We were excited when we saw the interior and the patio - great space - and full tables/lots of energy. The service was also very good with fun staff. The food, however, was less than expected. Too salty for our taste and, while the dishes had great combinations of ingredients, the integration of the flavors was the problem. And the meats (except for the duck confit) was overcooked. So in the pork rague pasta, for example, it had a dry pork rague on one side, some greens in the middle and some slightly too al-dente pasta on the right. When taking a forkful of each ingredient, you tasted each one separately - nothing tied them together. Bummer. Wine and the list was great.Special Features:
- Consistently Exquisite8exquioDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy every element of our meal at Marche aux Fleurs - the warm welcome, attentive service, and the delicious food. The dishes are prepared and severed with attention to detail. Food is fresh, often locally grown, and always delicious. Our meal includes appetizers, salads, main courses, its signature chocolate dessert, and the best bread served anywhere. The ambience is lovely, quiet, comfortable. The space can be filled to capacity, but it is still possible to enjoy conversation with your dining partners. It is the whole experience (food, service, ambience, and the warm and gracious greeting of the staff who always recognize us even though we dine here only a dozen times/year) that is consistently exquisite every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of France in RosstraveltattleDined on 7/26/2014For a lovely evening of al fresco dining on a warm night in Marin, Marche aux Fleurs is the place to go. The food is consistent and always good. The service is excellent. One recommended dish is the their Gnocchi. Light and delicious. We split an order as a appetizer. I had the thin pork chop which was tasty. My husband had the steak which was quite good. Sitting outside is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsforever41Dined on 7/25/2014We have been going to this restaurant for years for birthdays and anniversaries. We love the intimate setting and the lovely outdoor patio seating. The wine list is fabulous and always comes with good recommendations to pair with our dinner choices. The food is delicious, using great blends of flavors and fresh produce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Absolutely superb! On two visits we were delighted beyond any expectations. This is a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Marche flunked!InternationaldinerDined on 7/25/2014Terrible food. No way near anything French. Not even faux French. Food arrived before the drinks. Go figure the rest!
- Neat spot with really good foodCal2VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great outdoor dining. Nice staff. Very good food. What else do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImaginativeDickVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had four people and most of us thought the food was great. There were a few niggles, so as a bit too much salt in the gnocchi but it was tasty none the less. The corn, leek soup was outstanding.
- Ross dinnerMoose8842Dined on 7/18/2014This is a great little place with lots of potential. The menu was great and the food was good. I was a little turned off by walking in and getting greeted by staff who are folding napkins as they check you in for dinner. Looked like they were not ready. Also the busboy seated us was not very friendly. When we asked to not sit in the blazing sun when there were at least 5 other tables open in the shade he made us feel like it was a big deal to switch. The same busboy brought everyone one (1) slice of bread starved from a basket and never came back. Kind of crummy. The waitress was friendly and it was nice to see the chef bring out meals too. This seems to be a local joint - but it is nice.Special Features:
- oversaltedp1234Dined on 7/16/2014Nice ambiance in the garden patio, but the food was way too salty (and I like saltier food than most). My companion couldn't eat it at all. Service mediocre at best.Special Features:
- As UsualTonguelessDined on 7/11/2014Everything was perfect starting with the French 75s right through and including the fresh plum and berry crisp. The cornbread was amazing, and I don't like cornbread.Special Features:
- Outdoor spotMackVIPDined on 7/5/2014The warm evening in Ross made this a delightful event as we dined outdoors in the quiet of the sunset. Both my wife and I enjoyed the halibut baked perfectly and served with a melange of vegetables. Finishing with a flowerless chocolate cake topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream was a perfect ending.Special Features:
- you just have to try it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014I happen to love country French food. But this is so good. The staff are all wonderful. Not over priced. My absolute favorite is the gnocchi. Second recommendation is the Duck con fit, the Duck is so tender it practically melts in your mouth. In the autumn they make the best French Onion soup I have ever had. Just go. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingJakesdogsVIPDined on 6/28/2014MaF was as always excellent. Nearly every dish was pitch perfect. Spectacular corn bread accompanying the pork chops, wonderful duck confit, and the dates - well I can still taste the dates. The crowd is not exactly hip but guess that with age comes wisdom that you don't need to endure the line at Picco to have the best Marin has to offerSpecial Features:
- Fresh, fresh, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Veggies can't be much more than a day old before they hit the plate. So sweet.Special Features:
- The following 615 reviews are from the Marche aux Fleurs reviews archive.
- Great outdoor dining. Not much elseBellaDined on 6/14/2014Talk about atrocious service. It's hard to enjoy the food when the bread and water service comes with such an attitude and eye rolling. Main course flavors were good but we couldn't figure out why so stingy on gnocchi toppings. Not to mention the menu inaccurately stated the gnocchi dish had chanterelles which were in fact porcini. Not remotely close. The "famous" chocolate dessert doesn't deserve to be so famous. It's barely enough for one serving and the amaretto cookie was great, if only there was more of it. Overall the beautiful evening weather made the date, not the food or service.Special Features:
- Great for celebrationsGinnyDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. The choices made my mouth water. We went to celebrate a birthday and it was indeed the right place to make someone fell special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charles12VIPDined on 6/10/2014Outstanding country Provencal fare. Enjoyed the relaxed rustic setting with Provencal cuisind. It was as if dinning outside in Provence next to a "Flower Market"!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!8exquioDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I have eaten at Marche aux Fleurs many times and its always the same experience: great food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming French BistroLeiannDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with friends at this neighborhood restaurant that has fabulous ambiance and a charming indoor/outdoor feel. The food was fresh and creative and had beautiful presentation. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DeliciousMBatDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful meal. The food was outstanding. Organic, sustainable, farm to table type of menu, but with an elegant and charming atmosphere. We don't want to tell too many about this neighborhood gem!Special Features: