Marche aux Fleurs
23 Ross Common
Ross, CA 94957Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Marche aux Fleurs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcheauxfleursrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4159259200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Dan Baker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: There are private, semi-private, and buy out accommodations available.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Baker 4159259200
A word from Marche aux Fleurs
The Marche aux Fleurs is the farmer's market in the south of France. We have taken this name for our restaurant because we base our cuisine on the seasons and the best the local farmer's markets have to offer. Our produce is locally farmed, our seafood is wild and sustainable, and our meats are range-fed. These ingredients comprise the selections on our menu, and the flavors are clean and expressive.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Marche aux Fleurs - Best Restaurants in Ross ›
Marche aux Fleurs reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (43)romantic (42)special occasion (35)notable wine list (20)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- BugsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014THere are some things that can't be controlled, but of all the outdoor restaurants I've been to, i've never had such a problem with bugs. The yellow jackets that plagued us while we ate came in second to the mosquitos that dined on me. Maybe someone should call and have the place sprayed… for while I enjoyed the food, and think it's a beautiful space, I don't know that I want to have to fight off mother nature while I'm eating a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014The only word I can think of to describe this place is exquisite. The outdoor dining brought memories of Paris. The food was mouth watering. We shared the gnocchi which was absolutely to die for. Both of us figured that it could not be topped. Well we were mistake after we shared the chicken entrée. For dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake which was also delicious. Overall I 'd highly recommend this place. One of the best restaurants in the bay area for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was amazing. The service exceptional. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:
- Fabulous Unique Food PairingsKathyDined on 9/5/2014Dates wrapped in bacon? Hazelnuts and figs with halibut? Both were fantastic. Love their outdoor patio in warm weather. Never had a dish that I didn't love here. Unique wine list with many unknown wineries and moderate prices. Excellent friendly service to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisacaliexplorersVIPDined on 8/30/2014A quaint outdoor setting in a beautiful neighborhood in Marin. The food was amazing from the First Bites, Avocado Crostini to the warm chocolate cake for dessert. We will go back again and again until we try the entire menu.Special Features:
- DisappointedRavenousMuseVIPDined on 8/29/2014I ordered the duck confit entrée accompanied by sautéed cabbage and peaches with pistachio "dust." The duck was great, as usual, but the cabbage was bland and the peach was rock hard. Guess I'll stick with the gnocchi next time.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantdvdwDined on 8/20/2014Great location, especially if you live in the area. Quiet, village-like atmosphere, no issues with access or parking. Very friendly, accommodating staff. We happened to be there on a mid-week, rather slow night, so it was very relaxed, quiet and comfortable. Our appetizer was delicious (avocado foccacia). Entrees of steak and duck confit were well-prepared with coordinated sides. Corkage fee was reasonable for self-brought wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, disappointing fooddine4lifeDined on 8/9/2014We just moved to the area and wanted to love this restaurant. We were excited when we saw the interior and the patio - great space - and full tables/lots of energy. The service was also very good with fun staff. The food, however, was less than expected. Too salty for our taste and, while the dishes had great combinations of ingredients, the integration of the flavors was the problem. And the meats (except for the duck confit) was overcooked. So in the pork rague pasta, for example, it had a dry pork rague on one side, some greens in the middle and some slightly too al-dente pasta on the right. When taking a forkful of each ingredient, you tasted each one separately - nothing tied them together. Bummer. Wine and the list was great.Special Features:
- Consistently Exquisite8exquioDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy every element of our meal at Marche aux Fleurs - the warm welcome, attentive service, and the delicious food. The dishes are prepared and severed with attention to detail. Food is fresh, often locally grown, and always delicious. Our meal includes appetizers, salads, main courses, its signature chocolate dessert, and the best bread served anywhere. The ambience is lovely, quiet, comfortable. The space can be filled to capacity, but it is still possible to enjoy conversation with your dining partners. It is the whole experience (food, service, ambience, and the warm and gracious greeting of the staff who always recognize us even though we dine here only a dozen times/year) that is consistently exquisite every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of France in RosstraveltattleDined on 7/26/2014For a lovely evening of al fresco dining on a warm night in Marin, Marche aux Fleurs is the place to go. The food is consistent and always good. The service is excellent. One recommended dish is the their Gnocchi. Light and delicious. We split an order as a appetizer. I had the thin pork chop which was tasty. My husband had the steak which was quite good. Sitting outside is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsforever41Dined on 7/25/2014We have been going to this restaurant for years for birthdays and anniversaries. We love the intimate setting and the lovely outdoor patio seating. The wine list is fabulous and always comes with good recommendations to pair with our dinner choices. The food is delicious, using great blends of flavors and fresh produce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Absolutely superb! On two visits we were delighted beyond any expectations. This is a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Marche flunked!InternationaldinerDined on 7/25/2014Terrible food. No way near anything French. Not even faux French. Food arrived before the drinks. Go figure the rest!
- Neat spot with really good foodCal2VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great outdoor dining. Nice staff. Very good food. What else do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImaginativeDickVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had four people and most of us thought the food was great. There were a few niggles, so as a bit too much salt in the gnocchi but it was tasty none the less. The corn, leek soup was outstanding.
- Ross dinnerMoose8842Dined on 7/18/2014This is a great little place with lots of potential. The menu was great and the food was good. I was a little turned off by walking in and getting greeted by staff who are folding napkins as they check you in for dinner. Looked like they were not ready. Also the busboy seated us was not very friendly. When we asked to not sit in the blazing sun when there were at least 5 other tables open in the shade he made us feel like it was a big deal to switch. The same busboy brought everyone one (1) slice of bread starved from a basket and never came back. Kind of crummy. The waitress was friendly and it was nice to see the chef bring out meals too. This seems to be a local joint - but it is nice.Special Features:
- oversaltedp1234Dined on 7/16/2014Nice ambiance in the garden patio, but the food was way too salty (and I like saltier food than most). My companion couldn't eat it at all. Service mediocre at best.Special Features:
- As UsualTonguelessDined on 7/11/2014Everything was perfect starting with the French 75s right through and including the fresh plum and berry crisp. The cornbread was amazing, and I don't like cornbread.Special Features:
- Outdoor spotMackVIPDined on 7/5/2014The warm evening in Ross made this a delightful event as we dined outdoors in the quiet of the sunset. Both my wife and I enjoyed the halibut baked perfectly and served with a melange of vegetables. Finishing with a flowerless chocolate cake topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream was a perfect ending.Special Features:
- you just have to try it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014I happen to love country French food. But this is so good. The staff are all wonderful. Not over priced. My absolute favorite is the gnocchi. Second recommendation is the Duck con fit, the Duck is so tender it practically melts in your mouth. In the autumn they make the best French Onion soup I have ever had. Just go. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingJakesdogsVIPDined on 6/28/2014MaF was as always excellent. Nearly every dish was pitch perfect. Spectacular corn bread accompanying the pork chops, wonderful duck confit, and the dates - well I can still taste the dates. The crowd is not exactly hip but guess that with age comes wisdom that you don't need to endure the line at Picco to have the best Marin has to offerSpecial Features:
- Fresh, fresh, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Veggies can't be much more than a day old before they hit the plate. So sweet.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining. Not much elseBellaDined on 6/14/2014Talk about atrocious service. It's hard to enjoy the food when the bread and water service comes with such an attitude and eye rolling. Main course flavors were good but we couldn't figure out why so stingy on gnocchi toppings. Not to mention the menu inaccurately stated the gnocchi dish had chanterelles which were in fact porcini. Not remotely close. The "famous" chocolate dessert doesn't deserve to be so famous. It's barely enough for one serving and the amaretto cookie was great, if only there was more of it. Overall the beautiful evening weather made the date, not the food or service.Special Features:
- Great for celebrationsGinnyDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious and perfectly prepared. The choices made my mouth water. We went to celebrate a birthday and it was indeed the right place to make someone fell special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charles12Dined on 6/10/2014Outstanding country Provencal fare. Enjoyed the relaxed rustic setting with Provencal cuisind. It was as if dinning outside in Provence next to a "Flower Market"!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!8exquioDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I have eaten at Marche aux Fleurs many times and its always the same experience: great food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming French BistroLeiannDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with friends at this neighborhood restaurant that has fabulous ambiance and a charming indoor/outdoor feel. The food was fresh and creative and had beautiful presentation. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DeliciousMBatDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful meal. The food was outstanding. Organic, sustainable, farm to table type of menu, but with an elegant and charming atmosphere. We don't want to tell too many about this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- California GirlCaliforniagirlDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant is our daughter's favorite in Marin, so when she came to town we had to go. We've been here before and thought the food was pretty good and overall have had a nice experience. This was not the case this time around. The food was okay, but not worth coming back for. The staff were pleasant enough, but just barely. My daughter asked for a side order of the cornbread they were offering as part of the meal special and they made some lame excuse about portion control. My husband asked about sitting outside (they had us at some weird 3 person configuration) we were told that special requests needed to be made in advance - they had plenty open tables outside. Too many excuses for so so food. Not going to be going back.
- SadLocalsVIPDined on 5/23/2014We celebrated a birthday there on Friday Eve. Bad table to begin with, had an end table against the wall hitting me in the back for two hours. The place was full at 7:30. Our pregnant server was harried and unattentive. The food was disappointing on top of it!! I had salmon that was rubberized and awful, but never got the service to ask alter the experience. So sad, as this restaurant WAS excellent. Please get it back to its standards!!!!Special Features:
- The following 607 reviews are from the Marche aux Fleurs reviews archive.
- Always Superb creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Chef Dan Baker served smoked octopus with garlic greens and homemade pasta, accompanied by a vintage Bordeaux. The pairing was superb and the staff are always attentive. Our favorite neighborhood dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- understaffed saturday 6pmrichDined on 5/17/2014we love Marche, but services was forgetful and spotty. I think they were missing a busboy.... had to ask for coffee refills and wine to be poured several times. Squid Ink Pasta was very good- perfectly done octopus and scallop. Love, Love the bbq date appetizer and the avocado crostini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 5/11/2014My bride likes to come to Marche aux Fleur for Mother's Day. The place was jammed, as usual for MOther's Day. The food was great. I started with the green garlic soup, had the steak, and finished with the profiteroles. Our go-to server, Peter, was great, just a bit on overload.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We had a superb and delicious Mother's Day dinner with our children - the salad, halibut and apricot tart dessert were all divine, topped by glasses of bubbly and rose. A memorable meal - thank, you - Marche aux Fleurs!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureFouetteDined on 5/9/2014Marche remains one of our favorites. Dan and Holly are active owners with Dan as head chef and Holly running the floor. There's always a tough choice between old favorites and something new and equally tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Small Menu...TonguelessDined on 5/7/2014but as usual everything was perfect. This is a go to place that just keeps keeping on with the best.Special Features:
- Farm to TableHealdsburgDined on 5/3/2014Great twist using local organic produce. Really delicious. Only wish they had more wines by the glass to choose from. Learned about it watching Check Please.Special Features:
- Marche Aux FLeurs is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Holly and Dan are very friendly ..the menu is outstanding .thanks to Dan; the wine selection is excellent .thanks to Holly.. a very nice atmosphere to have dinner out .Special Features:
- Uneven experienceJackMichaelsDined on 4/22/2014We like Marche aux Fleurs, but on this occasion, the quality of the entrees was uneven with 2 delicious and 2 marginal. The appetizers and salads were interesting and tasty. It is a friendly restaurant with attentive service. We liked the fact that it was quiet so we could actually talk to the people at our tableSpecial Features:
- Still a pleasurecostosVIPDined on 4/19/2014Marche aux Fleurs continues to deliver a first rate dinning experience with graceful service and very good to excellent food. And, they do it at a reasonable price. When summer finally arrives, the courtyard will be one of the best places to dine in all of Marin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.