Marchand's Bar & Grill
501 5th Avenue N.E.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Marchand's Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marchandsbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (727) 824-8072
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Heimann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment DJ Fri and Live Entertainment Sat, 10:00pm - 12:00am.
A word from Marchand's Bar & Grill
According to the City Guide Tampa Bay, "The “Grand Lady of the Bay” is home to Marchands Bar & Grill, a swank eatery that keeps vigil over the downtown marina. Remodeling efforts emulate the Mediterranean decor present throughout the Renaissance Vinoy Resort while utilizing rich woods and marbles. Keeping up with changes in guest expectations and healthier lifestyles, the menu also reflects a brand new era -- gone are the tired sauces and a heavier fare of yesteryear. In their place, the menu reflects the flavors of the Mediterranean with touches of other global influences, such as a macadamia-encrusted fish might be served with a papaya or mango salsa, while the lamb is redolent of the most virgin olive oil with touches of fresh rosemary. Careful preparation coupled with exquisite presentation renders each plate an experience. This is dining to be savored, not merely experienced."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Marchand's Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Marchand's Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (15)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (8)scenic view (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A special treatFLDollyDined on 11/17/2014A sophisticated atmosphere yet the staff was welcoming & unpretentious. Special requests were cheerfully accepted and taken seriously. The food was great; nice twist on old standards. Will happily return whenever I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but InconsistentMrPEsqVIPDined on 11/16/2014I stayed at the Vinoy Rensaissance for two nights and due to bad weather, did not venture out either night for dinner. I ate at the bar both nights which is a neat setup. A large essentially square bar around a pillar in the middle with all of the spirits there and 4 flat panels mounted up high which was great for watching the game. No sound, so it does not turn this elegant location into a sports bar. On the first night, I had a terrific wild boar pate as an app and a short rib entre that was very tasty but way too fatty. Service was attentive and timing was perfect. On the second night, I had a good Caeser salad and a very nice ribeye cooked to a perfect medium rare with a nice sherry reduction. Service, though, was inattentive, the steak came out with the caeser which was supposed to be an app - the barmaid assumed I wanted them together without asking. I did not. She graciously took the steak away and waited until I was done the salad and brought me a new steak - not the same one warmed up. Correct way to handle this. It was an honest mistake, I suppose. But it was tough getting her attention throughout the night - first for utensils and I had to wait to eat. Then it was tough getting her attention to get a glass of wine to go with dinner, and overall, I was a bit forgotten. In spite of all of this, I really do like Marchand's and do heartily recommend it. The hotel is a classic, Marchand's space is wonderful and the food is really good. I was a party of 1 on business and probably was just overlooked with the other customers all being groups of 2, 4 or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereSallyCDined on 11/13/2014We had the chefs tasting menu and the food was interesting and good. My steak was very under cooked and I asked for it medium rare, not rare. We sat by the window and it was a pretty view and quiet and romantic. I thought the price reasonable for the many courses that we ate. We left felling satisfied (except for the steak). Our waiter was fantastic-attentive without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sunday Bruchjennifr80Dined on 10/26/2014Great price, food and atmosphere. Planning to go back again soon!Special Features:
- Not bad...JimWDined on 10/23/2014Food was very good. Decor is old and chairs re not comfortable. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Special Day; Special Placecjk258Dined on 10/18/2014From start to finish this evening was thoroughly enjoyable. Everyone was extremely accommodating with special requests. The food was delicious. The service was impeccable and we were able to celebrate without drawing attention or causing disruption. This is a perfect choice for low key special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014High end service and food. Attentive wait staff. classy and formal room with views of Vinoy and live music all night. Impressive huge bar. Pricy but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsgeezerDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful as usual. The menu is constantly changing which gives us the opportunity to try something new every time we go. Also love the early bird menu which is an unbelievable bargain. Very nice wine selection. Even the bread is terrific-corn bread mini muffins a favorite. I try to go here once a month-never disappointed. The Vinoy is also a beautiful hotel-worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSvorrDined on 9/13/2014Marchand's Bar & Grill is inside the beautiful Vinoy Hotel, and offers a New York City- quality experience. The food is expertly prepared and presented and arrives pipping hot. The sushi is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to eat; a wonderful experience all-around.Special Features:
- Wonderful classic hotelTangueraTangueraDined on 9/7/2014Expensive ala carte brunch. Unlimited mimosas a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staffDelightfulDined on 8/29/2014Lovely food, fine ambiance, creative presentations. A winner!Special Features:
- VinoySterlingDined on 8/29/2014Excellent lunch with nice atmosphere. First time and we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic menugeezerDined on 8/28/2014Tried the classic menu. This is their version of an early bird. Unbelievable value. I had the tomato gazpacho and the salmon entree. Fabulous! My husband had the watermelon arugula salad and the short rib-equally great. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedlocaldinerDined on 8/23/2014The salad was unremarkable. The pork cheek appetizer was tasty and a success. The tenderloin itself was properly done and accompanying asparagus OK. My short rib plate was dry and had no real flavor - surprising for this cut of meat, I'd think. The wine selection was good, if overpriced. Our server was up to the task, knew the menu and had suggestions, but was not remarkable. Guests in T-shirts and shorts detract from an otherwise elegant place. Below expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014fabulous menu/chef. there is always several interesting finds on the menu --- hard to choose. impeccable service, ambiance, food and dessert. 5-stars always a great night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodloverDined on 8/17/2014Had the seafood tower and it was a mixed bag. Crab legs were super dry and a bit fishy. The service was OK but considering that it wasn't super busy a little slow and not attentive to details such as clearing plates and providing wet naps for the seafood. Server was pleasant. We loved the hamburger and the chocolate cheesecake dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch is a Wonderful TreatAustinWriterGirlDined on 8/10/2014We did Sunday brunch, so this review is about that. Two of us did the buffet. Two ordered a la carte: eggs benedict and lobster omelette. The buffet had the usual variety of bacon, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, fruits, pastries, smoked salmon, cereals and an omelette bar, etc. If you want a special dish, order from the menu. My guests raved about their dishes. The omelette station was busy, so I went with scrambled eggs, which were light and fluffy. The link sausage is excellent. They kept running out of bacon, but I eventually got some and it was grand. The smoked salmon was lovely but there was no accoutrement. The Bloody Mary bar has all kinds of sauces and spices, some of which I used for my scrambled eggs. Sriracha forever!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Took my mom here for brunch on her birthday. Called and made a reservation a week early and asked for a nice table with a good view. They said no problem and would I like a birthday plate. Didn't understand what they meant and declined. My mom and I are not huge fans of buffets and was told there would not be one. I called the day of brunch and asked for the birthday plate, after finding out what it was. They said no problem. When we arrived they sat us next the the beverage table without a view. The service was terrible and rushed. There was a buffet which seemed to make the already loud place louder. There was no birthday plate at the end. The French toast was terrific, and that is about the only good thing about our experience. I
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had dinner to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. The experience was wonderful. The food was superb and the attention from the wait staff was excellent. We had a very nice evening and would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Loved it.punkoDined on 8/1/2014Really great service, thanks, Pedro. Food very nice and prompt as well. loved the Fresh greens growing on the tower by the hostess stand that are provided by a local farm. Charming place all around.Special Features:
- The following 379 reviews are from the Marchand's Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Very impressed with the meal. Ordered the watermelon + arugla salad and the grilled salmon and,coconut gelato.Special Features:
- Date Day LunchfoodRusDined on 7/15/2014This was a date day lunch for my wife and I. We try to find a special place to dine for lunch one day a week away from the daily grind. Marchand's was it! Pedro from Peru was our server and made us feel at home. He did an excellent job going over the menu, answered all of our questions without hesitation and served us well. Very friendly. The food was excellent and the lunch prices reasonable. We enjoyed our time together there and will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch; limited lunchHonestOpinionDined on 7/12/2014Upscale restaurant with elegant and spacious seating. Fantastic service. Award winning Sunday Brunch but limited lunch menu other days. Regular lunch menu consists of appetizers, salads/sandwiches but only 5 entree options. Food quality was excellent, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicErik1980VIPDined on 7/11/2014Not a big fan of the sax or live bands while eating,but the place still rocksSpecial Features:
- Wonderful foodIm4gr8foodDined on 7/11/2014Great food and service. A bit noisy though. The fresh fish was delicicious...cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's favoriteSailorbunchDined on 7/10/2014My mother has always enjoyed Marchand's. The service is always wonderful and she appreciates the special attention. In this case it included bringing her a pillow for her back as the chairs are so deep. The selection though limited, appeals to a wide variety of tastes. The portions were good without being over the top. The noise level was reasonable which is very important due to mom's hearing issues. She was able to hear all the conversations and be a participant. There are many times when she feels isolated due to the noise in many restaurants. Here it was a soft murmur that did not interfere at all. As she lives close by, it makes it easy for her to get here and she really appreciates the valet parking.Special Features:
- Superior hotel restaurantLovestodineVIPDined on 7/4/2014Service plus! The waffles are TO DIE FOR! Make sure you get the sea salt butter and apple compote...I'm not a waffle girl and these are that good! My boyfriend ate half ...luckily for me! There was a buffet since it was a holiday weekend and I asked if they were included....YES! Now the buffet itself was pretty special..omelet station, oatmeal, meat, lox, fresh fruit and cheeses ...scrambled eggs best ever...pastries outstanding..especially a specific chocolate filled croissant. Evil! Plus not out but available...eggs Benedict, waffles and pancakes. Just as we were leaving a couple asked how we got pancakes and waffles..just ask...they really do aim to please here! Wonderful hotel!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the full Sunday Brunch!!ucandobetterDined on 6/28/2014Please bring back the full Sunday Brunch spread. I was so looking forward to brunch and when I walked in and saw that anemic presentation I wanted to turn around and walk out! The only reason I didn't was because I know the food is good.Special Features:
- Great Except for Construction NoiseDontGetAroundMuchDined on 6/17/2014We had been looking forward to a quiet lunch in a great restaurant. Jackhammer sounds from roof construction were an overpowering surprise. I'm sure that isn't a common occurrence, but you might want to ask before you go. The restaurant is beautiful, the food top-notch, and our server was professional and kind.Special Features:
- Disappointingaddicted2agedmeatVIPDined on 6/15/2014Offered on Father's Day: Typical Sunday brunch fare w/ addition of shellfish and several pates (they were very good). Deserts were unexciting and very tiny. The first prime rib at the carving station was nice and medium rare, but the next one was way over-cooked. The whoe expereience was not nearly as good as it used to be when the brunch was available every Sunday. Nice setting and good service with live music (a little loud). It was over-priced to boot.
- MarchandsMedheadDined on 6/5/2014We were staying at the Vinoy and came here for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. It was a different experience than what we thought it would be. The food and flavors were wonderful and the wine was excellent. But this is not the romantic restaurant we thought it would be. It is a noisy room without the ambience we were looking for. There is a central bar area with lots of patrons who were watching the baseball game on the TV. Not quite the candlelit dinner we had in mind but I would come here again with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!ArtRVIPDined on 6/3/2014We eat here frequently, have always enjoyed it, but I truly believe the food is getting even better. For a real great experience, ask for Donald to take care of your table, he's amazing.Special Features:
- A truly great experienceOldNEloversDined on 5/31/2014This is indeed a neighborhood gem which we sometimes tend to overlook with all the choices we now have Downtown. We were looking for a quite gourmet meal and that is exactly what we got. Beautiful presentation and cooked to perfection. Donald our server was exceptional.Special Features:
- great lunch destinationronjDined on 5/30/2014quiet secluded lunch allows no noise to talk and enjoy excellent food and service. bring a sweater or jacket - dining area temperature too coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014My son treated us to an anniversary dinner last week at Marchand's. The food was excellent. Same for the service and atmosphere. This is a great restaurant for any meal, special occasion or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMikeTDined on 5/11/2014Can't believe I waited this long to go try out this place. Everything was delicious and the wait staff was amazing!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch Ever!kostkajjDined on 5/11/2014The ambiance and service were excellent! The food was truly amazing! I could not eat my way around the room because I was enraptured by the select salami, imported olives,mushrooms, and cheeses. The foie gras was mind blowing! As brunches go, this is one of the best I have experienced and we return often, but this last trip was perfection, kudos to the chefs and staff!Special Features:
- Perfect for that special occasionScubadiverDined on 5/4/2014From the moment we were seated in the wine room until our desert and coffees everything went seamless. We were celebrating our 25 anniversary and could not have picked a finer spot. Every detail was perfect. Wonderful ambiance, food and super service. Could not ask for more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2014Restaurant design is outstanding. Server , although knowledgable and clearly well intentioned , was uneven in performance. Gave a great wine recommendation. However was slow to take order and very, very slow to delivery entree, which appeared to have been plated long before actual delivery to our table. Appetizers were very good. Main dish may have been very good if delivered in a more timely fashion to maximize flavor and temp. Unfortunately our experience eroded through the evening resulting in a less than satisfying result--- and an average tip for our watresss( 15%)---- we'll probably come back and give it another try but slow, distracted service " grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory".Special Features:
- Easter Buffettam2dineDined on 4/20/2014There were many great food choices. I especially like the shusi. We were not hurried and just had a very pleasant time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.