7114 East Stetson Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://marcellinoristorante.com/
- Phone: 4809909500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Marcellino Verzino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Having a wedding, a meeting or just a party...we can accommodate! Call us today to plan your special event, catering or private party!
- Entertainment: Join Chef Marcellino & his wife Sima as they present the talented rising stars of Phoenix Opera as they serenade the best of Italian Pop and Operatic favorites! What do you get when you cross award winning "5" Star Italian Cuisine with an Italian song? "An unsurpassed emotional experience that fills the soul with utter joy!" quoted from our elite clientele! Hitting the high notes every weekend We also showcase, Brazilian music, Frank Sinatra style and Classic Soul - Saturday Nights. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reservation Confirmation Message Thank you for choosing us! Your dining expereince will be one you shall never forget. Please let us know if you are celebrating any special occasion. We look forward to having you as our guests!
- Special Events: New menus, new wines...you never know what will happen when Chef Marcellino begins to create in the kitchen. Come join us for lunch, dinner, sit at the bar or take it to go!
A word from Marcellino Ristorante
The secrets of Italy’s food are proudly showcased by the man who creates the most innovative cuisine this side of heaven. Chef Marcellino Verzino's herb infused pastas, reduction sauces, heaps of crustaceans, wild game, truffles and more are available Mon-Sun for dinner. His porcini infused Fettuccine sautéed with fresh lobster chunks, shitake mushrooms, and truffle oil or his seven bone veal rack finished with a creamed spicy whiskey reduction sauce are two of his winning creations.Continued
Think of us for your next celebration! There is no end to the elegance and magic Marcellino Ristorante can bring to you and your family & friends!
Think of us for your next celebration! There is no end to the elegance and magic Marcellino Ristorante can bring to you and your family & friends!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcellino Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Marcellino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (19)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Gt food. singer out of placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Ate here for the first time on date night with my wife. Homemade noodles were excellent
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Marcellino's is the best Italian food outside of Italy! I brought my Italian born mother here and she said it felt like food from home.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodieDined on 8/15/2014Marcellino's has a nice atmosphere and wonderful homemade pasta. Caution, you are not coming here for a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. The food always delivers though.Special Features:
- Perennial FavoriteHeavyMetalMeatHammerVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food and service never disappoint. I usually order from the pasta specialty plate; this time I tried one I hadn't had before. The pasta itself was a reddish (sun-dried tomato?) linguini, cooked just barely al dente. It was bathed in a slightly spicy tomato sauce and topped with shrimp and sliced scallops. Perfection. My date tried a salmon dish from the regular menu that was likewise excellent (long name in the menu entry, but basically salmon with porcini mushroom accents). A bottle of crisp white wine washed everything down in fine style. The server and the helpers were friendly and efficient from start to finish. Because we dined mid-week, we managed to avoid the opera shrieker, er, singer. This is a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFHPhotogDined on 7/18/2014With great ambiance, food and service, what more can you say? The place to go to get away from the bar scene and TV screens. Ideal place to take your sweetheart, to treat yourselves or best customers or go with friends who appreciate outstanding food and service and a chance to have a nice conversation over dinner. This is a restaurant definitely on par with finer NYC and Chicago restaurants, something we've been searching for since moving to AZ. We consider this a real find! Has a separate room for larger groups and one for a couple celebrating a very special occasion as well as pleasant outdoor seating. Ask when making your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stubalDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and exceptional service. I would recommend highly. Expensive but worth it if you want the best Italian aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Italian at its BestfredoluvDined on 6/28/2014This is our second time at Marcellino's, and they haven't disappointed. The service is right-on and the food is extraordinary. All of their pastas are home made in-house. If you get the chance to dine here, make sure you try one of their pasta dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantDatenightDined on 6/28/2014What a wonderfully romantic restaurant with great wine list and fabulous food.Special Features:
- as good as I recalllocalarryDined on 6/28/2014I haven't been to Marcellinos for quite some time, in fact since they had moved from 13th st and northern to scottsdale. It is still magnificient and worth the drive from North Phoenix. In fact, we started with a 6:30 dinner reservation and wound up closing the restaurant. Just couldn't leave. Everything - food, service, ambiance are perfect as they should be. Scott our waiter was attentive but not hovering. We will return.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian CuisineFoodDivaVIPDined on 6/18/2014This place has it all - good food, good service, and a beautiful dining room. The food is exquisite. The server brings out a tray to show you all the fresh home-made pastas available. Rich, flavorful dishes do not weigh you down, they just leave you feeling satisfied.Special Features:
- Absolutely Best Dining in AreatopdowngoDined on 6/18/2014Very Authentic Italian Food, Chef is from South Italy. Homemade infused pastas, made fresh, absolutely amazing! Little pricey, but the ambiance, and service were well worth it, not to mention our dinner dishes. AMAZING! Wonderful wine list of Italian Wines. First time here, will be back SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentBeekayDined on 6/15/2014Had to send back one dish, so salty I could not eat it. Second entree came out with the plate and food so hot that it could only have been accomplished in a microwave. This was an overpriced and only average dinner, except for the pasta dish whoch was very good.
- Father's Day CelebrationitalyfavoritesDined on 6/14/2014We love Marcellino's and had a wonderful dinner last Saturday night! It's always a treat to dine there no matter what the occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marcellino's the find in the ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014Food and service were outstanding. Fresh pasta was stupid great… They have it ALL together. What a GREAT Place you must have them on your regular rotation of fine dinning in the valley!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- A delightful eveningJNewRiverDined on 6/2/2014From the time we were greeted at the reception desk to the time we left, everything was a pleasure. We had a knowledgeable and appropriate waitress, Vita, the support staff was attentive, the dinner exceptionally good, and a visit from Chef Marcelllino to chat with us about our visit and the restaurant. We came to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were treated to complementary champagne at the beginning of our dinner, and beautiful and delicious chocolate mousse dessert and with complementary port wine to close our evening. This was one of the very finest evenings and dinners we have had in the eleven years we have lived in Phoenix. Our compliments to Chef Marcellino and his excellent staff for a delicious evening.Special Features:
- Totally EnjoyableDavenDonnaDined on 5/22/2014With two sons in the fine dining business; New York City and Las Vegas we tend to know a great restaurant when we find one. From ambience through service to food quality my Birthday dinner was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Marcellino Ristorante reviews archive.
- fishVIPDined on 5/17/2014We loved the opera singer! He was an enjoyable surprise!Special Features:
- A favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Very nice restaurant for Mother's Day. The outdoor environment was perfect and the food was great.Special Features:
- Bite of ItalyAzGuyDined on 5/4/2014Excellent meal and service at Marcellino's celebrating our anniversary. If you understand good Italian food this is the place to dine. Fresh pasta of varying kinds sets it apart from other Italian restaurants we'd say are very good but not at the level found here. Having been regular visitors to Italy and family background we know Italian food quality from Lombardy, Veneto, Tuscany, Umbria, Campania and of course Rome and it's environs. Marcellino is not ordinary American Italian, but closer to real Italian good found in Campania. Expensive but worth the experience.Special Features:
- Fell last nightJimCVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have dined here about 6 times this year and it was always wonderful. Not tonight. We arrived at 5. We should have known something was amiss when the bread tray consisted of a variety of toasted slices left over from the previous night. The peas in the soup were crunchy, obviously not ready on a slow night. My wife's portion of Gnocchi was about a third of what it had been - cutting back in the slow season or possibly all that was left from the previous night? The shrimp in my pasta, a "special" were tough. We thought we had found a good italian chef, but we will never return after Saturday, May 2, 5 PM.
- Great romantic eveningeatoutazDined on 5/2/2014This was our first time to the restaurant and it was a very nice experience! Our favorite was the gnocchi!Special Features:
- wonderful findnipperDined on 5/2/2014Homemade pasta was terrific. They had several options and choosing was difficult. Easy to spend some $ as our bill for 3 was $230and that was with a total of 2 glasses of wine. There certainly were less expensive items on the menu but this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great fresh ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/10/2014Wife and I decided on this location for a Thursday night out. The hostess was clueless on directions (which made wonder why she was the one answering phones), but after that, the place is 100% top notch. I do feel the 7 totally different specials was nice, but they should offer in print form, since it was difficult to remember after server presentation. The food, drink and server were great and we'd return without a 2nd thought!!Special Features:
- Fabulous PastaDebBucVIPDined on 4/8/2014Marcellino has the best in-house made pasta I have ever had and I LOVE Italian food. This is a restaurant that everyone should go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This beautiful restaurantJimCVIPDined on 3/27/2014This beautiful restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale near the Fashion Square Mall was recently discovered by us. The delicious handmade fresh pastas each come with a perfectly matched sauce, such as rosemary papardelle with a succulent lamb ragu, lean and perfectly spiced. We love the excellent wine list and top notch service, too. It is one of the very vest in the Phoenix area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Congrats to the chefBuzzDined on 3/17/2014Excellent hand-made pastas change daily. The fish was perfectly prepared and all 4 of us had great meals. The lighting was pretty dark making it difficult to read a menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a pleasant experience!Lorie7Dined on 3/15/2014Very unhappy with our experience. We are non drinkers and as soon as our waiter knew this we were treated poorly. The food was ok, but we were looking for a relaxing time to enjoy and visit, this didn't happen. We were rushed through our meal. Our order was incorrect, we asked for a substitute and the waiter literally gave my friend a nasty look. Our dessert menus were thrown on the table without an explanation . When we didn't order the desserts, the bill was brought immediately, thrown on the table as well. Our friend ordered the pasta and Went away hungry! We ate at two other Scottsdale restaurants on thurs and Friday night , had wonderful experiences there! I would not recommend this restaurant!
- Romantic Italian, friendly serviceGoodfoodStVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had a late dinner on a travel day. We split all our dishes for a lighter meal. We started with the lobster pasta. The flavors were good, the home made pasta was a little to thick. We then had the Samon which was well flavored and not over salted. The wine list is short, but we found a wine that worked with meal. We had the Taramisu which was light without to much liquor. The service was friendly from beginning to the end on a very busy Saturday night. With white table cloth and candle it was very romantic.Special Features:
- Not as good this time...Dnino1VIPDined on 2/26/2014I have been to Marcellino's many times. The food is delicious & service is mostly good. However, my last visit on 2/26, the seafood stew, which I normally have, left me disappointed. In all fairness though, I did ask if they would leave the salmon out (I am tired of salmon-there are other fish in the sea) & add another fish or just more shrimp. mussels, etc. I received a lot of calamari but not much else. The 2 shrimp were very tiny as were the few mussels. The sauce/broth is always tasty. It was not worth $34 dollars though.Special Features:
- MixedWowieVIPDined on 2/20/2014Special pastas are the best but very expensive. $39.00 for pasta only! Items on the menu were not as good. Tried the lamb chops and calves liver which were just okay. Again, pasta specials are what I would recommend.Special Features:
- Italian high brow!AzGuyDined on 2/20/2014You can't beat the good quality and service you get at Marcellino's. The offerings go beyond the staple Italian meals in most restaurants in the U.S. and the fact that the specials are so enticing makes the menu almost secondary. The specials are great but come with the price tag for greatness too. The daily menu is priced more moderately but in itself has excellent offerings and stays high quality. I went in somewhat skeptically but left satisfied that even at a high price the pasta specials are too good to pass up. Only thing I would knock them for is the short wine list which misses some excellent moderately priced Italian wines. However, I certainly would go back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGMJ01Dined on 2/8/2014As a native New Yorker, I can truly appreciate what this restaurant has to offer here in Scottsdale. The food was delicious, staff was extremely friendly and more importantly very attentive and the ambience was perfectly accented by live Jazz musicians, which of course heightened the experience for my girlfriend and I as we celebrated our anniversary. Great experience and I truly appreciate the warm and genuine hospitality provided by Sima, the wife of the executive chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and atmosphereBeckyVIPDined on 2/5/2014Food was very good and atmosphere is excellent. a little slow at first but filled out mid evening. great bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceDocSidDined on 2/1/2014the waitress was good but could have been more personable while discussing the specials. She did not make some of her explanations clear and sounded like she memorized sentances.Special Features:
- Great again!!bripad24VIPDined on 1/18/2014As always another great dining experience at Marcellino!! A must try in old town!! Excellent Italian cuisine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!mmhughesVIPDined on 1/8/2014We chose Marcellino for my mom's birthday because she loves Italian. She enjoyed the evening so much, she's still talking about it! The food was delicious, drinks cold and well made and the service unbeatable. Inside was dimly lit which I liked, and the outdoor seating looked lovely as well. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!jimboVIPDined on 1/8/2014We eat Italian once a week, in NYC, and elsewhere, including Italy/Sicily. The fresh pasta at Marcellino's was really exceptional. The sauces were flavorful and varied. We'll definitely return, and will certainly tell our friends. Vita was a terrific waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PastaMikeDDined on 12/26/2013The homemade pasta is always delicious. This is our second time her and both times the food and service was excellent. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Cuisine in PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/21/2013Amazing food, superb service, exquisite atmosphere!Special Features:
- OverratedaliceDined on 12/21/2013I took my husband here for his birthday on December 21st. When the person called to confirm my reservation she asked if it was a special occasion and I indicated it was a birthday. I also told the owner when I arrived and I told the waiter but no one ever acknowledged my husbands birthday with a desert or anything at all. The food was overpriced for what you got. My husband had a mushroom infused pasta with lobster. There was hardly any lobster and it was $ 37.00. My veal scaloppini was tasty and tender but there wasn't much of it. Overall it was a disappointing experience. There are plenty of very good restaurants in Scottsdale and Phoenix so why would I return there?