7114 East Stetson Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://marcellinoristorante.com/
- Phone: (480) 990-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Marcellino Verzino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Having a wedding, a meeting or just a party...we can accommodate! Call us today to plan your special event, catering or private party!
- Entertainment: Join Chef Marcellino & his wife Sima as they present the talented rising stars of Phoenix Opera as they serenade the best of Italian Pop and Operatic favorites! What do you get when you cross award winning "5" Star Italian Cuisine with an Italian song? "An unsurpassed emotional experience that fills the soul with utter joy!" quoted from our elite clientele! Hitting the high notes every weekend We also showcase, Brazilian music, Frank Sinatra style and Classic Soul - Saturday Nights. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reservation Confirmation Message Thank you for choosing us! Your dining expereince will be one you shall never forget. Please let us know if you are celebrating any special occasion. We look forward to having you as our guests!
- Special Events: New menus, new wines...you never know what will happen when Chef Marcellino begins to create in the kitchen. Come join us for lunch, dinner, sit at the bar or take it to go!
A word from Marcellino Ristorante
The secrets of Italy’s food are proudly showcased by the man who creates the most innovative cuisine this side of heaven. Chef Marcellino Verzino's herb infused pastas, reduction sauces, heaps of crustaceans, wild game, truffles and more are available Mon-Sun for dinner. His porcini infused Fettuccine sautéed with fresh lobster chunks, shitake mushrooms, and truffle oil or his seven bone veal rack finished with a creamed spicy whiskey reduction sauce are two of his winning creations.Continued
Think of us for your next celebration! There is no end to the elegance and magic Marcellino Ristorante can bring to you and your family & friends!
Think of us for your next celebration! There is no end to the elegance and magic Marcellino Ristorante can bring to you and your family & friends!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcellino Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Marcellino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (26)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (22)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Another Great ExeprienceSpotDined on 6/28/2013The combination of great food, great service, great wine, and a great bar, make this place unique all of Phoenix. For the absolute best in Italian food and wine, this is the only place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian by ItaliansDM11VIPDined on 6/21/2013Great Food, Great Service, Good Parking Cheff & Owner have produced wonderful menu and have off menu specials. My advise is to make it an evening not just a meal. We have been customers for many years and have not been let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2013Marcellino prides itself on its fresh pasta, and they are right to be proud. The quality of the food was excellent. The wine list is pretty expensive for what, in Italy, would be fairly ordinary wines. Overall, it is an occasional visit because it is pretty expensive in Scottsdale terms - but for an occasion, it is well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2013We dined at Marcellino's on Sunday evening, the service was excellent. The waitress was educated in the pasta, wine list and gave us great suggestions. Our pasta specials were all excellent, we will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pasta!! The entertainmentPattiVIPDined on 6/15/2013Excellent pasta!! The entertainment Saturday night was fantastic!! Tremendous dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/3/2013I was looking for a restaurant for a special occasion and I found it. Fresh made pasta, excellent wine, and everything was delicious. The staff take care of you. They gave us time alone and yet didn't forget about us. The staff helped to make the evening extra special! An excellent dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJetdryDined on 5/21/2013I took my girlfriend to this restaurant for her birthday and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDanNStephanieDined on 5/13/2013I took my wife here for her birthday dinner. By the end of the meal, she said it was the best Italian meal she had ever experienced. Being Italian, I had to agree with her. Every aspect of the meal was perfect from wine choice to salad to entrees to dessert. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing. Try theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Food was amazing. Try the specials. Great ambience inside and out. Bartender was extremely freindly, wait staff was well trained and timely and the food was some of the most unique and best italian we have ever had.Special Features:
- Great Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013The restaurant is owned by a husband and wife that make homemade pasta. As soon as we got there we were seated immediately by the owner at a romantic table inside. The service was excellent and so was the homemade pasta. I loved the tiramisu and it was one of the best I've had since I was in Italy. After we paid, they even brought us free shots of their homemade limencello and biscotti. It was a wonderful last night to my trip to Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Pasta PerfectionPenguiniVIPDined on 3/22/2013We make a point to eat here every year when we go down for spring training. You can't go wrong with their fresh daily pasta specials. The best is the porcini mushroom pasta with shiitake and lobster which is just heavenly. Also great is the pappardelle with lamb ragu. The only problem is that the pastas are a little pricey (over $30).Special Features:
- Marcellino magnificent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/17/2013Fantastic Pasta - best we have ever had!! The chef is brilliant and the service good!!Special Features:
- My wife and i had dinner thereNotyonachosDined on 3/15/2013My wife and i had dinner there for our anniversary. I chose this restaurant because, from the pictures, it just looked like the type of place to celebrate that kind of occasion. Every expectation was met. The staff was readily available and very friendly. Our waiter(Jeff, i believe) was awesome. The restaurant was perfectly lit with candles doing most of the work. The food was delicious. Buffalo mozzerella, veal, gnocchi, and prosciutto wrapped chicken were delicious. We were even sent a complimentary dessert to mark our anniversary. Not to pat myself on the back, but i made the right choice when i picked this place. I recommend this beautiful resaurant to all. Thank you very much Marcellino Risorante!Special Features:
- Cozy, warm atmosphere, quiet,jdinaDined on 2/23/2013Cozy, warm atmosphere, quiet, live music. The pasta was wonderful, melted in your mouth. The sauce had just the right amount of flavors. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Another great night out atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2013Another great night out at Marcellino's. We've been dining there for over 10 years. We're never disappointed with the service or food. Can't get enough of the Cacio e Pepe and the panna cotta is to die for. Definitely worth the money. I'm wrecked for all other Italian. It just doesn't compare.Special Features:
- Marginal at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013Definitely overpriced for both the quality of service and food. Wife and I tried this restaurant based on the remarks from previous diners on this site. We were sat immediately which was nice however spent the next 10 minutes waiting for our waiter to show up and get our drink order. This made us nervous but after the initial tardiness service definitely got better. Live music in the background was nice and at the right volume. While the food was good it was not as good as other Italian restaurants in the area and certainly is not "the best in the valley" as some other reviewers claim. Would definitely go to Sassi in North Scottsdale before returning to Marcellino. Service, food, and ambiance are much better for the $$.
- Best. Pasta. Ever!NMNATIVEVIPDined on 2/15/2013The handmade or homemade pasta is outstanding! My husband had a porcini mushroom infused linguine with lobster, wild mushrooms and truffle oil that was unbelievably delectable. I had rosemary infused pappardelle with a lamb ragout that was outstanding. The white wine we had was from the chef's hometown in Italy - very good! The chef and his wife are wonderful hosts, making everyone feel comfortable. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Delicious home made pastasbsantoVIPDined on 2/15/2013Delicious home made pastas and desserts. I couldn't decide between two different pastas, so my waiter said he could place a half order of each and called it a duo. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the wines and menu. The panna cotta was the best I've ever had.
- Marcellino's is an older styleSamthewineguyVIPDined on 2/13/2013Marcellino's is an older style Italian fine dining restaurant that specializes in fresh, home made pastas. Unfortunately, my wife has to be gluten free so we stayed away from a number of the tempting pastas because they were large enough to share and I had no one to share one with. They did nothing to disprove the maxim that you should never order caprese salad even with buffalo mozzarella out of season except in Italy or at Mozza. The tomatoes were pale cardboard and the overall dish was bland and disappointing. The baked polenta with wild mushroom ragu was tasty and the filets with Barolo sauce were perfectly prepared. The reserve wine list was impressive but pricey and too young to be drinking yet. They did have some wine options though.Special Features:
- Food extremely poor. Had theirOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2013Food extremely poor. Had their signature Zuppe de Pesche seafood stew, which had very limited amounts of fish. Two muscles three baby clams and the smallest shrimp I had ever seen. Topped with four large prices of toasted bread. A very unsatisfyingly prepared dish.
- An amazing experience. GreatBillMDined on 2/2/2013An amazing experience. Great restaurant. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- I am from new haven ct,.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013I am from new haven ct,. The original home of pizza . This place really top notch. Highest recommendations. Now if we could kidnap them and bring them to ct.Special Features:
- Worth the moneyvinceVIPDined on 1/5/2013The food was awesome. The pasta was tasty, the appetizer great. Is it a bit pricy.....well you get what you pay for in ths world and the taste and flavor certainly equaled the cost. The only downside was the entertainment.....a terribly off key singer
- Found food to be just ok...gnochiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Found food to be just ok...gnochi was good but porcini infused pasta was very bland.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food In ArizonaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/2012This place is wonderful. Terrific house-made pastas. True Italian cuisine from an Italian-born chef (Marcellino) who has a soul for great food and wine. The wait staff is knowledgable, friendly, and professional. Sima (Marcellino's wife) runs the front of the house, and she is a beautiful force of nature -- vibrant and warm. Best Italian food in Arizona, and among the best anywhere we've been (including Italy). Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Delicious but not for the priceDanielVIPDined on 12/20/2012The food was really quite good. Lobster/portobello and sausage/truffle pastas were excellent. Service was good (though a little chatty). I gave it 3 stars because of the price. Coming from NYC, I am happy to drop $200+ on a meal. But not quite sure that Marcellino is worth that. At the end of the meal, I enjoyed it - loved the sausage/truffle - but would have preferred a higher end restaurant for that price.Special Features:
- food is way to expensive forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2012food is way to expensive for what it is...won't go back
- Noise level is low on eveningsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/16/2012Noise level is low on evenings when there is no live music. This restaurant would be perfect without the live music on the weekends. Their entertainment is cabaret style but otherwise there isn't anything you could find negative about Marcellino's. On weekends, tables on the perimeter near the windows must be specifically reserved and there is also a private booth where curtains can be drawn. The clientele is reserved and mature contributing to a quiet and romantic dining experience. On a Saturday night though when live entertainment is in full swing, I wouldn't be surprised if I heard the theme from "The Love Boat".Special Features:
- Though expensive, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2012Though expensive, excellent food!! Service was great - attentive and not over bearing. We were not rushed. Had gone for our anniversary dinner and the restaurant had the right ambience.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012Food and service were excellent, but as a recommendation this is for special occasion as it is an expensive.Special Features:
- This place is the best forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2012This place is the best for a reason, they do things right! Food is always top tier, and Marce'will always guide you right, fun little bar where you can overlook the action, have a cocktail or glass of wine, a little noche or full meal and have a great evening. Simply Fabulous!Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2012Best dinner of our "spa weekend"! Thoroughly enjoyed the homemade pasta & good wine. Excellent!Special Features:
- Try the porcini mushroom linguineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2012Try the porcini mushroom linguine with lobster... It's absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- 4 Year Anniversary5yearsDined on 10/12/2012We came to Marcellino’s for our 4 year weeding anniversary. When we got here there wasn’t very many people however when we got into our dessert a big group of people came in and sat at the bar until they were seated. They were very loud and kind of ruined the romantic feel. I got a fettuccine pasta which was great however the chicken in the pasta wasn’t very good. My husband got a liver dish and he said it was disgusting. For dessert we got the Apple Galetta and Gelato. It came to the table lit up with an alcohol fire holder which was a nice touch. The dessert was good. Don’t know if we would come back again. Might need to try it out again once more and get different dishes.Special Features:
- Great Food--Over-pricedBonnieBVIPDined on 10/10/2012The food was excellent and I dont mind paying alot for a good dining experience, but sadly I would have to say it was not worth the money. Yes, I love fresh pasta and it truly was delicious, but if I am going to drop $250 on dinner for 2 there are other places I would go. Wish I could give a better review, but relative to the cost this place simply didnt measure up.Special Features:
- The food and ambience is alwaysSpotDined on 10/5/2012The food and ambience is always spectacular at Marcellino's. The service is second to none.Special Features:
- We love the Specialty PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2012We love the Specialty Pasta dishes and the live entertainment on Saturday nights!
- classy place great experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012classy place great experienced waitor delicious unique food a time memoriableSpecial Features:
- Really enjoyed the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Really enjoyed the food and service, I called them in last hour of the day and made a reservation for a birthday surprise and they arranged every thing perfect. Our waiter John knows exactly what we want and will have good recommendations as we order.Special Features:
- The wine pairings with threeLisaDined on 8/9/2012The wine pairings with three courses were outstanding choices!Special Features: