615 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcellasristorante.com/
- Phone: 6142232100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Deutschle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Book your bachelorette party at Marcella’s! Nestled in the Short North Arts District, and near the Arena District, Marcella’s is the perfect place to begin your bachelorette party night. Choose one of our special packages, or we’ll work with you to create the ultimate bridal party experience! Minimum of 10 guests per package. Call 614.223.2100 today and ask to speak with Dain Cooke. Congratulations on your engagement, and we hope to celebrate
with you soon at Marcella’s Ristorante, Pizzeria and Wine Bar!
- Special Events: Wine Enthusiast Night
Join us for Wine Enthusiast Nights at Marcella's Short North on Sunday and Monday evenings. You'll receive 25% off all bottled wines on our exclusive Italian wine list. Salute!
Happy Hour at Marcella's Short North
Join us for half price happy hour in our bar and cocktail lounge, Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy half off selected food and drink menu items during happy hour in the bar area.
A word from Marcella's
Marcella’s is a bustling, urban burst of Italian flavor & energy. Marcella’s has a lively atmosphere – whether it be for sharing dinner or a late night snack. The dynamic bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines served by the bottle or quartino (1/3 of the bottle), but don’t forget about the ample offerings of antipasti & pizza. Marcella’s brings an authentic Italian cafe to Columbus’ Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcella's - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Marcella's reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (135)neighborhood gem (134)special occasion (120)hot spot (117)good for groups (112)romantic (92)notable wine list (87)vibrant bar scene (79)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (15)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Always greatbfp1VIPDined on 10/18/2014We try to go here every time we visit Columbus. We always get a lot if dishes to share with the whole table. Meatballs are the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014The melted pecorino cheese was fantastic paired with a nice red wine. The beet salad and the pizza were wonderful too. The atmosphere was nice. I do hope they get rid of the cheesy paper placemats with a map of Italy on it though. A bit too kitsch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SenenamDined on 10/12/2014Amazing food and ambiance as always. I'm an Resident Advisor at Ohio State University and used Marcella's as a place to take my residents to get to know them better and also expose them to Columbus. Many of them were first timers and ABSOLUTELY LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister Weekendnewthingsat50Dined on 10/11/2014With Marcella's varied menu, we all found something to enjoy. Our server told us the gnocchi is her favorite and she is correct - it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place, if crowded.DekkanRheeDined on 10/10/2014My wife & I celebrated an anniversary there this past week, and it was packed! Our reservation got us a table about 5-10 minutes after our appointed time, but there were parts of the restaurant (mostly the bar and the entry 'room') that were standing room only. The biggest disappointment was our over-worked waitress, who was not able to give our table the attention we needed, on things like refills, and on information about menu items. The manager did stop by at one point, and was able to refill our water glasses, though nobody ever offered a refill on my rum & coke. I would avoid this place on any night they look busy. If you happen by and they don't seem crowded, by all means, enjoy their wonderful food, but if it's hopping, walk on by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay I guessSadmarcellasguestDined on 10/9/2014We had to wait 25 minutes passed our reservation time and were not apologized to or asked if it was okay by a manager when we say down. Then, the server was triple sat after we waited so long, so he had no time to pay attention to us. I have never had a bad experience at Marcella's, but this just was not the best. I've never waited passed a reservation here. Food was amazing as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014had heard good things about Marcellas and wanted to try it for our anniversary. The food was outstanding and service from the GM Dain was great.Special Features:
- Nothing but good things to say!ItalianFoodieDined on 10/5/2014I have been to Marcella's three times now and have always enjoyed my experience. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is charming. The service is wonderful and the wait staff is always very friendly and accommodating, especially with large groups. I have introduced Marcella's to several friends and they all love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We arrived at 8:20 for our 8:30 reservation. We weren't seated until 8:50 and the hostess was not sympathetic to our waiting time. Other than that good service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eat.liketoeatDined on 10/1/2014I couldn't say enough good things about this place. The happy hour was a great deal, and you're able to order and get half off for numerous salads, appetizers, small plates, and drinks (just to name some) for a good price and share around the table with whomever you're dining with. The ambiance was great, both romantic and energetic. The service was exceptional also, honestly one of the best waiters I've ever had & people came around making sure your water glass was full. Then the entree came and it was magnifico. Especially during happy hour, if you're willing to spend a moderate amount of money you can really get your money's worth and order a variety of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always an excellent experienceSmartmugDined on 9/28/2014Marcella's in the Short North is one of those gems that will always make the top of my list for favorite restuarant. The food is divine and the service always on point. In general the atmosphere is great, only drawback is if you are in the back of the restaurant, it can be a bit too loud to hear the people across the table from you. I'll keep coming back anyway and it continues to be my favorite restaurant in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseMomof4VIPDined on 9/27/2014Just in the area for the weekend and decided to try after reading other reviews. We were seated right on time and the meal was delicious. Service was great too. Just very crowded and loud. But we knew that going in, so it didn't bother us. If you want space and/or quiet---not the place. But for a fun atmosphere and great food--this is it.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I came here on our honeymoon and just went back for our one year anniversary. If we didn't live in Cleveland, we would go every weekend. The food is excellent. The staff is accommodating and the location is ideal. We highly recommend Marcella's to anyone travelling through Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMS123Dined on 9/26/2014The food was good but overpriced. My husband's entree would have been called a"small plate" in other restaurants. Ordered a cheese plate as an appetizer. Suffice it to say it is a profitable selection for the restaurant. It arrived without appropriate serving implements so we used our rather dull place setting knives. I expect more for the price and so many other restaurants deliver what you would expect and more. Not Marcella's.Special Features:
- Great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My friend and I came to Marcellas after work for happy hour. We split a liter of sangria and got appetizers. Everything was delicious and the service was great too. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanbanDined on 9/24/2014The food was good. the service was fairly slow. The thing that really bothered me was that I made a reservation and was stuck in the bar. It was apparently "the only thing available". It just really bothered me because if I made a reservation they should have saved a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodatubesDined on 9/23/2014My business colleague and I had dinner here after an all-day conference at The Columbus Convention Center. We shared the bruschetta appetizer. It was THE BEST bruschetta we had ever had. After eating our delicious salads and the scrumptious bruschetta, we were pretty full and therefore could not finish our entrees, which were also good. The next time I will order the bruschetta again because I LOVED it and will order one of the small plates instead of an entrée. Parking was a problem - good thing they have valet parking. In retrospect, we wished we had just walked there from the Hyatt where we were staying. It is within walking distance in good weather only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and DeliciousTacoDined on 9/22/2014The food and staff were exemplary. I was seated immediately even though I was 15 minutes early. It started off slow and quiet but then got crowded and packed with other people so I knew the place was popular enough. Food decently priced and quick to come out while I was chatting with my guest. Meatball and Fettuccine were hands down delicious and I cut through the meatball like it was made out of butter.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014It was a nice experience. My only complaint is that our table was way too close to other tables and luckily I am a small person otherwise, I wouldn't have fit at my seat comfortably!Special Features:
- Good Food, but service SNAFUdodgerDined on 9/20/2014Our reservation was for 7 and we were seated sometime around 7:15. Our server was great. However, there was a technical glitch with the order not going into the kitchen, so we did not receive our food until around 8:45. The manager was very apologetic and replaced the pizza that had arrived much earlier with a new one. No other compensation was given. Additional trips to the parking meters were necessary due to the unexpected delay and one of our party could not return for the birthday cake due to this. The food was good. Also, the manager was nice enough to pick up cake from nearby bakery for the birthday we were celebrating. Finally, the noise level at this restaurant made it very difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food reviewFood4daysDined on 9/20/2014The food was great and the service was great as well! Portion sizes are the perfect size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit noisydiningoutincolumbusDined on 9/19/2014I was on a first date. We were seated at a high top directly across from the bar. The noise level was so loud it was very difficult to carry on a conversation. I don't blame the restaurant for that...it's just the atmosphere of that particular place I'm sure. Perhaps there should be something indicating that it's a "high energy" atmosphere. That might have made a difference on where I went on a first date. All in all, the experience was good, the server was excellent and the food was very good. I would certainly return...just not on a first date! ;-)Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in a long time.NewCityMomDined on 9/19/2014The staff is wonderful. The meatballs are the most incredible things I have ever tasted. They gave new meaning to bruschetta. It was so delicious. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Suberb dinner with small groupLuluDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful time here celebrating a friends' low key last night out on the town before the "I do". We all had delicious meals and were happy! One of the bartenders or maybe he was a manager, but he created some excellent larger shots, mini drinks for us while we were waiting. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone, just be sure to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNerkDined on 9/13/2014Never disappointed ! Always a great meal and great wine! Staff is very enthusiastic about the food and gives wonderful suggestions.Special Features:
- Disapointed in serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to this location at least 5 times and have really enjoyed it in the past. The food was great as usual, however the service was incredibly poor. I have worked in the restaurant industry , customer service and sales. I know what its like to work in a restaurant. that being said, there were things that were just not okay and excuses were made by the server and then the manager. they did redeem themselves somewhat by removing some items from the check, however it took too long. they should have just apologized and offered to buy desert instead of trying to sell me desert.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014The service and the food were outstanding. I mentioned to the server that I had am allergy to nuts and fish and she and the manager literally went out of their way to make sure I was able to enjoy my meal stress free. The manager checked several times on us and the server was pleasant and friendly. Most importantly, the food was outstanding. If I go back to Columbus I would 100% eat there again.Special Features:
- Nice new place to take my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Went out with my adult children for a wonderful meal to celebrate my wife's birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJimboDined on 9/5/2014This was our second visit to Marcella's and we will definitely go there again when visiting Columbus. The food is outstanding. The wine list is great and very reasonably priced. On both visits, we were lucky to have Joann as our server. She is not only very knowledgable and efficient but she is very personable and makes the visit enjoyable.Special Features:
- Fair3rdTimeDined on 9/5/2014I ordered fettuccine & meatball for my meal and the meatball was still vey red and not cooked all the way. However the appetizer with the cheese, Carmel, and apples were amazing. My overall experience was okay.Special Features:
- Yummmm-ODogsss11Dined on 9/4/2014Had the salmon and ravioli. Was delicious. Sat right in front if the retractable window!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks 10. Food 5.Looking4wonderfulDined on 9/4/2014High energy, high style restaurant that would have been perfect if only the food wasn't so ordinary. Nothing memorable about the meal except for the size of ginormous meat ball.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBirthdayfunDined on 8/31/2014We had to wait around half an hour although we had a reservation, but we had great drinks and bread seated near the window towards High Street. Our food came out quickly and I had the fettuccine and meatball which was absolutely delicious! I was also pleased by the fact that the waitress asked if we had a special occasion (avoiding the awkward "it's my birthday" situation). I got a complimentary tiramisu with a candle ending a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a single word...AwesomeAnniversary4us2014Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had not had a chance yet to try Marcella's. We decided to try someplace new for an anniversary date night out and could not have been more pleased with our choice. It truly was a perfect evening. Our waitress was exceptional that evening and understood completely when we told her we were in absolutely no hurry at all. Never once did we feel as though we were being rushed out the door -a rarity in most dining establishments in our country. Thanks for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, but out of Rose!?swolfe15VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our most recent Cameron Mitchell dining experience was revisiting Marcella's in the Short North. While they seemed busy with all that was going on in the area, they weren't over full. But, to our dismay they were out of Rose. As close as another C.M. Restaurant was (The Pearl), one would think they could have borrowed some from their stocks or at least went out and purchased more for the Holiday weekend. My partner had to reselect something that was not a second or been third choice off the drink menu. Overall though, food was excellent as was service. It just would've been nice to wash down this amazing cuisine with a little Rose.Special Features:
- Great~JimBDined on 8/28/2014My guests were running late for a 7:30 pm reservation and the staff accommodated us. Food and service were 5 star!Special Features:
- Loved it!!VivienleithDined on 8/28/2014Was recommended by a friend to save room for dessert so we could order the gelato cream puffs.. They were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and FriendsDDBORKPEDined on 8/28/2014Visited Marcellas for the first time with five friends/clients. It was noisier than expected, but the buzz gave energy to the meal. The food was excellent--I am glad we shared appetizers to get a taste because I could have devoured more than I ought...and instead was privileged to sample multiple items. My Capreses salad had a bite to it--which I appreciated--was a nice complement to the standard tomato, onion, balsamic and mozarella. Entree was great as well. Come hungry, and ready to enjoy company with friends.Special Features:
- Great food - obnoxiously loudeliziannDined on 8/27/2014Marcella's is a great restaurant - the food is excellent Italian, the service is usually great and the setting is very charming. However, don't go at prime time if you want to have a conversation. We went on a Weds evening and were there from 6-8. We could hardly hold a conversation with 4 people by the end of dinner. Our last trip there was a Sunday late afternoon. It was not crowded or loud. It's unfortunate that such a great place has such terrible accoustics. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian Meal.artemis927Dined on 8/26/2014We had an amazing outing to Marcella's on a recent business trip. We ordered several pitchers of sangria for the table (it was just okay) but the appetizers were outstanding. They highly recommended the meatball and no one was disappointed. We also had the bruschetta and this was amazing. My entree of chicken parmesan was the best I'd ever had. The reservation through Open Table was a MUST, since there were six of us and the place was PACKED. We made the reservation around noon and showed up at seven and our table was waiting for us. We would have waited a long time for one to open up if we had just come in without calling ahead because our meal took close to 2 hours (without dessert).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.