615 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcellasristorante.com/
- Phone: (614) 223-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Deutschle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Book your bachelorette party at Marcella’s! Nestled in the Short North Arts District, and near the Arena District, Marcella’s is the perfect place to begin your bachelorette party night. Choose one of our special packages, or we’ll work with you to create the ultimate bridal party experience! Minimum of 10 guests per package. Call 614.223.2100 today and ask to speak with Dain Cooke. Congratulations on your engagement, and we hope to celebrate
with you soon at Marcella’s Ristorante, Pizzeria and Wine Bar!
- Special Events: Wine Enthusiast Night
Join us for Wine Enthusiast Nights at Marcella's Short North on Sunday and Monday evenings. You'll receive 25% off all bottled wines on our exclusive Italian wine list. Salute!
Happy Hour at Marcella's Short North
Join us for half price happy hour in our bar and cocktail lounge, Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy half off selected food and drink menu items during happy hour in the bar area.
A word from Marcella's
Marcella’s is a bustling, urban burst of Italian flavor & energy. Marcella’s has a lively atmosphere – whether it be for sharing dinner or a late night snack. The dynamic bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines served by the bottle or quartino (1/3 of the bottle), but don’t forget about the ample offerings of antipasti & pizza. Marcella’s brings an authentic Italian cafe to Columbus’ Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcella's - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Marcella's reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (148)neighborhood gem (142)good for groups (127)hot spot (121)special occasion (119)romantic (100)notable wine list (86)vibrant bar scene (78)late-night find (39)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (13)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014The service and food were outstanding! We had a group of 7 (aged 12 to 89) with limited time and everything was perfect from salads to spaghetti and the BEST meatball ever, to the pizzas. Usually eat at Polaris location but loved the vibe at the Short North location prior to hitting the theatre. Always a great choice! (Due to time constraints we bypassed alcohol on this visit.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Slow servicebdk8Dined on 11/22/2014The food was great! Our server was very slow. Resturant just opened, no busy.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantTomKDined on 11/19/2014Reservation through Open Table worked great. We were seated immediately. We had a table for 7 and everyone enjoyed the food and the ambiance. The restaurant environment allowed our party to get a little load at times without feeling out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere.risottoloverDined on 11/19/2014Having lived The daily risotto never disappoints. Having lived in a few different cities I became a risotto lover. It's hard to find in Columbus and Marcella's does it best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marcella's is a must for us when we visit ColumbusFAVORITEDined on 11/15/2014Our daughter will graduate from Ccad in the Spring of 2015. We will have to find an excuse to visit so we can come back to Marcella's!!!!!!!! The atmosphere is very energetic and upbeat. We have so many favorites on the menu; the meatball is succulent, the pizzas perfect, and the drink selection is varied (we love the white citrus sangria!) My all time FAVORITE restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmee0214Dined on 11/10/2014The service and food have always been excellent. Coming from an Italian - American background, the flavors remind me of Grandma's cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimboJimboDined on 11/10/2014Always stop here when in Columbus. Great small plates and pizza. Very good wine list. Very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed937amyDined on 11/8/2014We've been here several times and have had a wonderful experience every time. Great wine and good selection. The arancini is my favorite appetizer. I had the capellini al pomodoro. Delicious! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodYuminmytumDined on 11/8/2014The food here was delicious and also very affordable! I was able to get two main dishes and a dessert for under $40. The caprese and chicken parmesian were delicious and the almond chocolate cake had a wonderful combination of flavors. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for birthday partyYogamomDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating our sons birthday at Marcella's. The food and drinks were delicious. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Making it SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My girlfriend and I went here to celebrate our first year together. The food was great, we were wished a happy anniversary by multiple staff members, and desert was on the house! The food was excellent, and our waiter gave great recommendations. We enjoyed the relatively relaxed atmosphere paired with the delicious food. Speaking of which, the Tiramisu was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My fiance and I went here for his birthday dinner. The food and service were superb! The tables are a little close to one another so it makes it hard if you are going for an intimate dinner. But overall the place was great!Special Features:
- Happy Hour!whoamkmDined on 11/3/2014Marchellas has a wonderful happy hour. Half off drinks, appetizers, small plates, and pizza! It cannot be beat. Try the crispy potato pizza, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningMONIELEANNEDined on 11/2/2014We went on a Sunday evening for my dad's birthday. We never felt rushed and never waited for anything, perfect timing. The food and service were excellent, everyone had a very nice time. It was exactly what I've come to expect from a CM restaurant. :)Special Features:
- Lovely2bythecDined on 11/2/2014Such a lovely restaurant. From the valet to the waitress, nothing but professionalism. Food is AMAZING! Window seating is our favorite. Very relaxed and enjoyable setting.Special Features:
- Great Italian spotRabidAntsVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food and service were great. The selection of "Italian" food was good for all 9 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miller08Dined on 10/31/2014Food was fanastic! Made a resorvation that day in advance and walked right in! Very dark and only lit my candles on tables and has a high noise level for a Friday night. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbus' best happy hour!LindsayDined on 10/29/2014A great place to meet after work for drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 12 that was celebrating a birthday party last Saturday night and our service was AMAZING! Our server went out of her way to make sure the dinner went smoothly and was a memorable experience. The food and ambiance is amazing!Special Features:
- 40th Bday celebrationRUAwebchild2Dined on 10/25/2014After recently dining at Marcello's for the first time I decided I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday with close friends. The experience was very pleasurable, the food was great and our server was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- metalguyDined on 10/25/2014Exciting variety of food choices, all excellently prepared and delicious. Our party of four enjoyed everything we ordered. The place was very busy, the usual Saturday nite crowd. But the service was extremely SLOW! Which we did not expect at a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. 50 minutes before we received any food! Unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- Get a meatball!CnjRXVIPDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic dinner for 10!! Many meals were tried, all were loved . Get a meatball !! Either with your meal or an appi!! Giant softball size bit of wonderful. Going back for anotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattiDined on 10/25/2014we went there while at parents weekend at OSU. The manager went so out of his way to help us with a family personal problem!! We were shocked at just how nice everyone was. food was great too!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerAnotherFreakDined on 10/25/2014The service was quick and courteous and the food was excellent. We had the arancini, gnocchi, and special seafood linguini. A couple of the mollusks on my plate had not fully opened during cooking, so I didn't eat them. A little more attention to detail on behalf of the kitchen staff should rectify that issue. Otherwise everything was excellent. The olive oil was particularly delicious. I wouldn't recommend it as a romantic night out on a Saturday as the place was packed and quite noisy. Our table was directly by the server station and there was a lot of activity.Special Features:
- Poor service, small portionsNYCFoodieinCMHDined on 10/24/2014Our server was very slow and failed to check on our table. After 20 minutes, we finally flagged down another server to take our drink order. Our sever seemed up phased by her poor service. The appetizers were cold, the entree portion I had was more of an appetizer size. I left the restaurant hungry. Overall a very poor experience. I will not be patronizing this establishment again and I caution those thinking about going for the first time.
- Great Food!Lopez85Dined on 10/24/2014My Wife and I went for a night on the town and had made a reservation for Marcella's earlier in the week, which i would highly recommend making reservations as we walked in roughly a half hour before our scheduled time and were sat down within 10 mins of arrival. Mind you there was a line of people who had not made reservations. The service was very good, although we did go some time without seeing our waiter, i will mark that up due to how incredibly busy it was, so i don't hold that against him. As for the food, my wife had the Fettuccine and Meatballs and I had the Tortellini Alla Manzo. My wife loved her dish as it reminded her of her grandmas cooking, I just wish i had a slightly bigger portion of my food. Delicious otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Atmospheremusicaldiner1021Dined on 10/22/2014This was not my first time visiting and every time I come in, I am always impressed. We were here before a show at the Ohio Theater so we had a reservation which had us seated right away. It did take a minute for the server to reach our table the first time (in all fairness, he had multiple large party tables), but after he greeted us, he was there whenever we needed him and not there when we didn't. With two Veal Meatballs, a Pecorino Cheese plate, a Cesar and a chop salad between the two of us, everything was wonderfully prepared, and tasted great! We were pleasantly surprised when our bill for five appetizers and a bottle of wine for under $45! Definitely a place I would recommend to just about anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marcella's on HighSRBDubDined on 10/22/2014This is a great restaurant in the Short North area of Columbus, OH. I loved my dish, which was the special that evening. I found the menu very small though, which can be a good thing in certain situations. I personally like more than your regular lasagna, chicken parmesan or spaguetti and meatballs. Sure, those dishes should be staples at any Italian restaurant, but I rather see more variety in the menu. However, the special which was a gnocchi with roasted chicken and vegetables, was superb! It's kid friendly as they have a great kids menu! It sure was vibrant on a weeknight evening, I can't imagine on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater treatFoodieDined on 10/22/2014Everything was great. The service per Danny was fabulous. The half price menu enabled us to get a delicious and unique full meal plus dessert for the price we would have paid for lunch. We were impressed. Even parking closeby was a breeze!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Amazing chicken parm and great suggestion for the Humulus Nimbus beer!Special Features:
- Marcella'seagledriver1Dined on 10/19/2014Glad we made a reservation because those without had a one hour and 45 minute wait, which shows Marcella's popularity. This was our first visit. Very glad we came!!! Outstanding service and dinner! The only minor disappointment was we were with friends we hadn't seen in a long time and the decibel level in the restaurant was over the top. But, it was still a great evening...Special Features:
- Consistantly Great!SteveDined on 10/19/2014This is the 3rd time we have dined here. We travel from Cleveland to dine here for special occasions. As always, Marcella's does not disappoint.Special Features:
- 18th birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Too noisy, my only complaint. Really enjoyed restaurant. Unfortunately we live in maryland and unlikely to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatbfp1VIPDined on 10/18/2014We try to go here every time we visit Columbus. We always get a lot if dishes to share with the whole table. Meatballs are the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceGPrettyDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I ate here before the Columbus marathon and both thoroughly enjoyed it. The decor is beautiful and the environment is energetic yet peaceful. I had gnocchi w/ lamb bolognease and he had lasagna. Delicious!! We would recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014The melted pecorino cheese was fantastic paired with a nice red wine. The beet salad and the pizza were wonderful too. The atmosphere was nice. I do hope they get rid of the cheesy paper placemats with a map of Italy on it though. A bit too kitsch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SenenamDined on 10/12/2014Amazing food and ambiance as always. I'm an Resident Advisor at Ohio State University and used Marcella's as a place to take my residents to get to know them better and also expose them to Columbus. Many of them were first timers and ABSOLUTELY LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister Weekendnewthingsat50Dined on 10/11/2014With Marcella's varied menu, we all found something to enjoy. Our server told us the gnocchi is her favorite and she is correct - it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place, if crowded.DekkanRheeDined on 10/10/2014My wife & I celebrated an anniversary there this past week, and it was packed! Our reservation got us a table about 5-10 minutes after our appointed time, but there were parts of the restaurant (mostly the bar and the entry 'room') that were standing room only. The biggest disappointment was our over-worked waitress, who was not able to give our table the attention we needed, on things like refills, and on information about menu items. The manager did stop by at one point, and was able to refill our water glasses, though nobody ever offered a refill on my rum & coke. I would avoid this place on any night they look busy. If you happen by and they don't seem crowded, by all means, enjoy their wonderful food, but if it's hopping, walk on by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay I guessSadmarcellasguestDined on 10/9/2014We had to wait 25 minutes passed our reservation time and were not apologized to or asked if it was okay by a manager when we say down. Then, the server was triple sat after we waited so long, so he had no time to pay attention to us. I have never had a bad experience at Marcella's, but this just was not the best. I've never waited passed a reservation here. Food was amazing as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.