615 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcellasristorante.com/
- Phone: 6142232100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Deutschle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Book your bachelorette party at Marcella’s! Nestled in the Short North Arts District, and near the Arena District, Marcella’s is the perfect place to begin your bachelorette party night. Choose one of our special packages, or we’ll work with you to create the ultimate bridal party experience! Minimum of 10 guests per package. Call 614.223.2100 today and ask to speak with Dain Cooke. Congratulations on your engagement, and we hope to celebrate
with you soon at Marcella’s Ristorante, Pizzeria and Wine Bar!
- Special Events: Wine Enthusiast Night
Join us for Wine Enthusiast Nights at Marcella's Short North on Sunday and Monday evenings. You'll receive 25% off all bottled wines on our exclusive Italian wine list. Salute!
Happy Hour at Marcella's Short North
Join us for half price happy hour in our bar and cocktail lounge, Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy half off selected food and drink menu items during happy hour in the bar area.
A word from Marcella's
Marcella’s is a bustling, urban burst of Italian flavor & energy. Marcella’s has a lively atmosphere – whether it be for sharing dinner or a late night snack. The dynamic bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines served by the bottle or quartino (1/3 of the bottle), but don’t forget about the ample offerings of antipasti & pizza. Marcella’s brings an authentic Italian cafe to Columbus’ Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcella's - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Marcella's reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (132)fit for foodies (126)hot spot (121)special occasion (118)good for groups (107)vibrant bar scene (88)romantic (85)notable wine list (79)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (11)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Suberb dinner with small groupLuluDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful time here celebrating a friends' low key last night out on the town before the "I do". We all had delicious meals and were happy! One of the bartenders or maybe he was a manager, but he created some excellent larger shots, mini drinks for us while we were waiting. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone, just be sure to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNerkDined on 9/13/2014Never disappointed ! Always a great meal and great wine! Staff is very enthusiastic about the food and gives wonderful suggestions.Special Features:
- Disapointed in serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to this location at least 5 times and have really enjoyed it in the past. The food was great as usual, however the service was incredibly poor. I have worked in the restaurant industry , customer service and sales. I know what its like to work in a restaurant. that being said, there were things that were just not okay and excuses were made by the server and then the manager. they did redeem themselves somewhat by removing some items from the check, however it took too long. they should have just apologized and offered to buy desert instead of trying to sell me desert.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014The service and the food were outstanding. I mentioned to the server that I had am allergy to nuts and fish and she and the manager literally went out of their way to make sure I was able to enjoy my meal stress free. The manager checked several times on us and the server was pleasant and friendly. Most importantly, the food was outstanding. If I go back to Columbus I would 100% eat there again.Special Features:
- Nice new place to take my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Went out with my adult children for a wonderful meal to celebrate my wife's birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJimboDined on 9/5/2014This was our second visit to Marcella's and we will definitely go there again when visiting Columbus. The food is outstanding. The wine list is great and very reasonably priced. On both visits, we were lucky to have Joann as our server. She is not only very knowledgable and efficient but she is very personable and makes the visit enjoyable.Special Features:
- Fair3rdTimeDined on 9/5/2014I ordered fettuccine & meatball for my meal and the meatball was still vey red and not cooked all the way. However the appetizer with the cheese, Carmel, and apples were amazing. My overall experience was okay.Special Features:
- Yummmm-ODogsss11Dined on 9/4/2014Had the salmon and ravioli. Was delicious. Sat right in front if the retractable window!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks 10. Food 5.Looking4wonderfulDined on 9/4/2014High energy, high style restaurant that would have been perfect if only the food wasn't so ordinary. Nothing memorable about the meal except for the size of ginormous meat ball.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBirthdayfunDined on 8/31/2014We had to wait around half an hour although we had a reservation, but we had great drinks and bread seated near the window towards High Street. Our food came out quickly and I had the fettuccine and meatball which was absolutely delicious! I was also pleased by the fact that the waitress asked if we had a special occasion (avoiding the awkward "it's my birthday" situation). I got a complimentary tiramisu with a candle ending a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a single word...AwesomeAnniversary4us2014Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had not had a chance yet to try Marcella's. We decided to try someplace new for an anniversary date night out and could not have been more pleased with our choice. It truly was a perfect evening. Our waitress was exceptional that evening and understood completely when we told her we were in absolutely no hurry at all. Never once did we feel as though we were being rushed out the door -a rarity in most dining establishments in our country. Thanks for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, but out of Rose!?swolfe15VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our most recent Cameron Mitchell dining experience was revisiting Marcella's in the Short North. While they seemed busy with all that was going on in the area, they weren't over full. But, to our dismay they were out of Rose. As close as another C.M. Restaurant was (The Pearl), one would think they could have borrowed some from their stocks or at least went out and purchased more for the Holiday weekend. My partner had to reselect something that was not a second or been third choice off the drink menu. Overall though, food was excellent as was service. It just would've been nice to wash down this amazing cuisine with a little Rose.Special Features:
- Great~JimBDined on 8/28/2014My guests were running late for a 7:30 pm reservation and the staff accommodated us. Food and service were 5 star!Special Features:
- Loved it!!VivienleithDined on 8/28/2014Was recommended by a friend to save room for dessert so we could order the gelato cream puffs.. They were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and FriendsDDBORKPEDined on 8/28/2014Visited Marcellas for the first time with five friends/clients. It was noisier than expected, but the buzz gave energy to the meal. The food was excellent--I am glad we shared appetizers to get a taste because I could have devoured more than I ought...and instead was privileged to sample multiple items. My Capreses salad had a bite to it--which I appreciated--was a nice complement to the standard tomato, onion, balsamic and mozarella. Entree was great as well. Come hungry, and ready to enjoy company with friends.Special Features:
- Great food - obnoxiously loudeliziannDined on 8/27/2014Marcella's is a great restaurant - the food is excellent Italian, the service is usually great and the setting is very charming. However, don't go at prime time if you want to have a conversation. We went on a Weds evening and were there from 6-8. We could hardly hold a conversation with 4 people by the end of dinner. Our last trip there was a Sunday late afternoon. It was not crowded or loud. It's unfortunate that such a great place has such terrible accoustics. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian Meal.artemis927Dined on 8/26/2014We had an amazing outing to Marcella's on a recent business trip. We ordered several pitchers of sangria for the table (it was just okay) but the appetizers were outstanding. They highly recommended the meatball and no one was disappointed. We also had the bruschetta and this was amazing. My entree of chicken parmesan was the best I'd ever had. The reservation through Open Table was a MUST, since there were six of us and the place was PACKED. We made the reservation around noon and showed up at seven and our table was waiting for us. We would have waited a long time for one to open up if we had just come in without calling ahead because our meal took close to 2 hours (without dessert).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy!SusanVIPDined on 8/26/2014We visited Marcella's with another couple on August 26th. It was extremely noisy, and we had difficulty carrying on a conversation. We also had trouble hearing the server. My drink was not prepared correctly and had to be sent back. After we ordered our food, my husband's pizza was delivered to the table after only a short wait. Nearly 15-20 minutes later, two other dishes were delivered. I waited another 10 minutes for my dish to arrive. My husband asked to speak to the manager who listened to our complaints, and then blamed our server for all that had happened, although she had been trying to find out why our food was not being delivered. Although the manager did discount our bill, at no time did we receive an apology.
- Marcella's Short NorthBuckojoeDined on 8/23/2014We six friends (3 couples ranging in age from mid 50's to mid 60's) recently had dinner on a busy Saturday night. The food was quite good, especially for the price (pasta entrees under $15.00, and one salmon dinner at $17.00). Service was good, and we never felt rushed. I explained to our waiter that our group can be rather slow to order, and he was comfortable with that. All told we were at the table for about 90 minutes. My one complaint, and it's prevalent throughout the restaurant business, is the noise level being so high that it is difficult to carry on a good conversation. Being able to easily converse at dinner is an important part of the experience. This was our first visit to Marcella's, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Marcella's!JazeejulzDined on 8/23/2014Took the huzz and the kids out for an early dinner and although I knew the food was great the service tonight was fantastic. I was nervous taking two little kids out on a Saturday but it went well! The host have us kid busy bags and while the kids waited for their bread they made noodle necklaces. Our reservation was at 5:30 and by 6:06 we were already finished with our appetizers, main course and waiting for dessert. We never felt rushed and they went out of the way to make some sort of "Mac and cheese" for our youngest. Our oldest swears that is the best meatball on the planet. Mommy and daddy had a fantastic dinner, great wine and the kids had a blast. That's hard to do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new level of loudjoelDined on 8/22/2014We (husband, adult son, and myself) went for dinner Fri. nite. With reservation for 7pm we were seated about 7:20 not bad for a busy nite. Most of the dishes had a unique twist. Tomato sauce, olive oil, and arancini were excellent. The spaghetti carbonara was good, The lasagna noodles were so overcooked they were gummy and but the meat sauce was great. They tell me that was not normal. The gnocci Bolognese was very tasty though the gnocci were a bit overcooked. The service was excellent but the noise level was so high, the waiter startled me every time he came up behind me! Luckily we don't talk much at dinner. The perfiterols (?)for dessert were amazing. We would come back and try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten freelis2369Dined on 8/22/2014literally one of the best gluten free options we have ever ate at!Special Features:
- Everything was great!DaveinCvilleDined on 8/22/2014This place was fantastic....a vibrant restaurant with fantastic food. The chicken picata was the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Short North StarMzac25Dined on 8/22/2014This place never disappoints, great food and beverage selection and the service is outstanding. The Manager Patrick was friendly, professional and helpful. Definitely a must if Italian is your thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Birthday Dinner300zxttDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant manager as well as our waitress went out of their way to make our meal an exceptional and enjoyable experience, front window-side table and all.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I love Marcella's. The food is always great. I have never had a bad dish there and the prices are very resonable.Special Features:
- MJ233Dined on 8/19/2014we had a casual business dinner prior to the clipper game with a couple people from the northeast and they really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at marcella's. we shared a variety of items on the menu and everything was fantastic. our server made some terrific recommendations and did an excellent job taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On of the best in ColumbusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Best Italian food Columbus has to offer; prime location; classy and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eliziannDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Marcella's late afternoon on a Sunday, which was a perfect time because it wasn't too crowded or loud. The food is outstanding - not a bad item or dish on the menu! We have eaten here many times but each time we remark how great the food is. Our server Morgan was the best we've had to date. She not only makes an effort to please you but actually knows the dishes and food very well. That made our return even better! This is one of the best places for small plates and Italian in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding anniversarybvs5Dined on 8/16/2014We love this restaurant had a great window table and just enjoyed our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy WinbsrivastavaDined on 8/16/2014We go to Marcella's regularly for different occasions (anniversary, birthdays, date night) and the service & food never cease to impress. We love this restaurant at both Short North and Polaris locations, and always recommend whenever we get the chance!Special Features:
- Great food and service!2WeirdosPlus1Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our 29th anniversary with our daughter at Marcella's. We shared a salad, a meatball, chicken parm, seared salmon, and lasagna. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ColumbusgirlDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I visited Marcella's for our anniversary dinner and had a great experience. The food was above and beyond and we were quickly and easily seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great ambiance, service was outstanding, food was very good however portions are somewhat small for the price point.Special Features:
- Meatballs are a hit!BellisimoDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had dinner at Marcella's on the recommendation of our daughter. I had the sunchoke and escarole salad and he had the beet salad as starters and we shared. Both were great! We each ordered the fettucine with meatball and both thoroughly enjoyed it! He ate every bite of his, but my half of my portion warmed up for a delicious lunch the next day! I also enjoyed the Sicilian Sting cocktail off of the drink menu. We feel that we can not steer you wrong if you end your meal with the profiteroles with gelato. Yummy! Just enough to share! Our only complaint was the noise level. It was extremely busy and noisy as everyone was talking at the top of their voices to be heard including the wait staff.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent although the portions were very small for the price. I had reservations and checked in when I arrived. Somehow the host did not record my arrival and when my boss attempted to buy my dinner via phone she was told that I never checked in. This created an awkward situation that never should have happened. I called and talked to the manager who apologized and offered me a meal if I was still in town, which I was not. He offered nothing else. Not exactly what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!BigBriDined on 8/9/2014Every time we visit Marcella's we are pleased beyond our expectations. The food and service are both just exceptional. I don't know any other way to put it. I brought my out-of-town in-laws in for dinner for the first time and they are still talking about it. They loved the vibrant ambience and especially the food. It was a highlight of our weekend together. Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nursing Grad CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I love this restaurant. We had a very good time. We had a female waiter but this other gentlemen also checked in with us. That gentlemen was awesome! He apologize for my pizza getting dropped on the ground and brought me a salad while I waited. He also brought drinks and a desert to split; which everyone thought was super nice of him. I enjoyed myself and will always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ItalianND1591Dined on 8/4/2014Their meatball appetizer is out of this world! Furthermore, on the day I went they had an artichoke risotto special that was incredible!Special Features:
- Literally worst service everBurnedInColumbusDined on 8/3/2014My experience was so bad here I felt I needed to write a review, which I never do. My wife and I were seated promptly after giving them my name for the reservations, and that's where the service ended. We sat there for twenty minutes, completely unattended to, not even given water. We were seated by the server station and watched as server after server walked by without anyone giving us even a glance. After we saw a table attended to that was seated much later than us, we had to walk out. I told the hostess why we were leaving, and she just gave us a half-hearted "sorry" and asked where we were seated. No getting a manager, no attempt to compensate us, nothing. I feel I should say that it wasn't busy at all, perhaps 60% full.