615 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcellasristorante.com/
- Phone: 6142232100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Deutschle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Book your bachelorette party at Marcella’s! Nestled in the Short North Arts District, and near the Arena District, Marcella’s is the perfect place to begin your bachelorette party night. Choose one of our special packages, or we’ll work with you to create the ultimate bridal party experience! Minimum of 10 guests per package. Call 614.223.2100 today and ask to speak with Dain Cooke. Congratulations on your engagement, and we hope to celebrate
with you soon at Marcella’s Ristorante, Pizzeria and Wine Bar!
- Special Events: Wine Enthusiast Night
Join us for Wine Enthusiast Nights at Marcella's Short North on Sunday and Monday evenings. You'll receive 25% off all bottled wines on our exclusive Italian wine list. Salute!
Happy Hour at Marcella's Short North
Join us for half price happy hour in our bar and cocktail lounge, Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy half off selected food and drink menu items during happy hour in the bar area.
A word from Marcella's
Marcella’s is a bustling, urban burst of Italian flavor & energy. Marcella’s has a lively atmosphere – whether it be for sharing dinner or a late night snack. The dynamic bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines served by the bottle or quartino (1/3 of the bottle), but don’t forget about the ample offerings of antipasti & pizza. Marcella’s brings an authentic Italian cafe to Columbus’ Short North Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcella's - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Marcella's reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (146)neighborhood gem (140)special occasion (130)hot spot (124)good for groups (117)romantic (103)notable wine list (92)vibrant bar scene (80)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (21)great for lunch (12)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 12 that was celebrating a birthday party last Saturday night and our service was AMAZING! Our server went out of her way to make sure the dinner went smoothly and was a memorable experience. The food and ambiance is amazing!Special Features:
- 40th Bday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014After recently dining at Marcello's for the first time I decided I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday with close friends. The experience was very pleasurable, the food was great and our server was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- metalguyDined on 10/25/2014Exciting variety of food choices, all excellently prepared and delicious. Our party of four enjoyed everything we ordered. The place was very busy, the usual Saturday nite crowd. But the service was extremely SLOW! Which we did not expect at a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. 50 minutes before we received any food! Unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- Get a meatball!CnjRXVIPDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic dinner for 10!! Many meals were tried, all were loved . Get a meatball !! Either with your meal or an appi!! Giant softball size bit of wonderful. Going back for anotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattiDined on 10/25/2014we went there while at parents weekend at OSU. The manager went so out of his way to help us with a family personal problem!! We were shocked at just how nice everyone was. food was great too!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerAnotherFreakDined on 10/25/2014The service was quick and courteous and the food was excellent. We had the arancini, gnocchi, and special seafood linguini. A couple of the mollusks on my plate had not fully opened during cooking, so I didn't eat them. A little more attention to detail on behalf of the kitchen staff should rectify that issue. Otherwise everything was excellent. The olive oil was particularly delicious. I wouldn't recommend it as a romantic night out on a Saturday as the place was packed and quite noisy. Our table was directly by the server station and there was a lot of activity.Special Features:
- Poor service, small portionsNYCFoodieinCMHDined on 10/24/2014Our server was very slow and failed to check on our table. After 20 minutes, we finally flagged down another server to take our drink order. Our sever seemed up phased by her poor service. The appetizers were cold, the entree portion I had was more of an appetizer size. I left the restaurant hungry. Overall a very poor experience. I will not be patronizing this establishment again and I caution those thinking about going for the first time.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My Wife and I went for a night on the town and had made a reservation for Marcella's earlier in the week, which i would highly recommend making reservations as we walked in roughly a half hour before our scheduled time and were sat down within 10 mins of arrival. Mind you there was a line of people who had not made reservations. The service was very good, although we did go some time without seeing our waiter, i will mark that up due to how incredibly busy it was, so i don't hold that against him. As for the food, my wife had the Fettuccine and Meatballs and I had the Tortellini Alla Manzo. My wife loved her dish as it reminded her of her grandmas cooking, I just wish i had a slightly bigger portion of my food. Delicious otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Atmospheremusicaldiner1021Dined on 10/22/2014This was not my first time visiting and every time I come in, I am always impressed. We were here before a show at the Ohio Theater so we had a reservation which had us seated right away. It did take a minute for the server to reach our table the first time (in all fairness, he had multiple large party tables), but after he greeted us, he was there whenever we needed him and not there when we didn't. With two Veal Meatballs, a Pecorino Cheese plate, a Cesar and a chop salad between the two of us, everything was wonderfully prepared, and tasted great! We were pleasantly surprised when our bill for five appetizers and a bottle of wine for under $45! Definitely a place I would recommend to just about anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marcella's on HighSRBDubDined on 10/22/2014This is a great restaurant in the Short North area of Columbus, OH. I loved my dish, which was the special that evening. I found the menu very small though, which can be a good thing in certain situations. I personally like more than your regular lasagna, chicken parmesan or spaguetti and meatballs. Sure, those dishes should be staples at any Italian restaurant, but I rather see more variety in the menu. However, the special which was a gnocchi with roasted chicken and vegetables, was superb! It's kid friendly as they have a great kids menu! It sure was vibrant on a weeknight evening, I can't imagine on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater treatFoodieDined on 10/22/2014Everything was great. The service per Danny was fabulous. The half price menu enabled us to get a delicious and unique full meal plus dessert for the price we would have paid for lunch. We were impressed. Even parking closeby was a breeze!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Amazing chicken parm and great suggestion for the Humulus Nimbus beer!Special Features:
- Marcella'seagledriver1Dined on 10/19/2014Glad we made a reservation because those without had a one hour and 45 minute wait, which shows Marcella's popularity. This was our first visit. Very glad we came!!! Outstanding service and dinner! The only minor disappointment was we were with friends we hadn't seen in a long time and the decibel level in the restaurant was over the top. But, it was still a great evening...Special Features:
- Consistantly Great!SteveDined on 10/19/2014This is the 3rd time we have dined here. We travel from Cleveland to dine here for special occasions. As always, Marcella's does not disappoint.Special Features:
- 18th birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Too noisy, my only complaint. Really enjoyed restaurant. Unfortunately we live in maryland and unlikely to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatbfp1VIPDined on 10/18/2014We try to go here every time we visit Columbus. We always get a lot if dishes to share with the whole table. Meatballs are the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceGPrettyDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I ate here before the Columbus marathon and both thoroughly enjoyed it. The decor is beautiful and the environment is energetic yet peaceful. I had gnocchi w/ lamb bolognease and he had lasagna. Delicious!! We would recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014The melted pecorino cheese was fantastic paired with a nice red wine. The beet salad and the pizza were wonderful too. The atmosphere was nice. I do hope they get rid of the cheesy paper placemats with a map of Italy on it though. A bit too kitsch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SenenamDined on 10/12/2014Amazing food and ambiance as always. I'm an Resident Advisor at Ohio State University and used Marcella's as a place to take my residents to get to know them better and also expose them to Columbus. Many of them were first timers and ABSOLUTELY LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister Weekendnewthingsat50Dined on 10/11/2014With Marcella's varied menu, we all found something to enjoy. Our server told us the gnocchi is her favorite and she is correct - it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place, if crowded.DekkanRheeDined on 10/10/2014My wife & I celebrated an anniversary there this past week, and it was packed! Our reservation got us a table about 5-10 minutes after our appointed time, but there were parts of the restaurant (mostly the bar and the entry 'room') that were standing room only. The biggest disappointment was our over-worked waitress, who was not able to give our table the attention we needed, on things like refills, and on information about menu items. The manager did stop by at one point, and was able to refill our water glasses, though nobody ever offered a refill on my rum & coke. I would avoid this place on any night they look busy. If you happen by and they don't seem crowded, by all means, enjoy their wonderful food, but if it's hopping, walk on by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay I guessSadmarcellasguestDined on 10/9/2014We had to wait 25 minutes passed our reservation time and were not apologized to or asked if it was okay by a manager when we say down. Then, the server was triple sat after we waited so long, so he had no time to pay attention to us. I have never had a bad experience at Marcella's, but this just was not the best. I've never waited passed a reservation here. Food was amazing as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014had heard good things about Marcellas and wanted to try it for our anniversary. The food was outstanding and service from the GM Dain was great.Special Features:
- Nothing but good things to say!ItalianFoodieDined on 10/5/2014I have been to Marcella's three times now and have always enjoyed my experience. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is charming. The service is wonderful and the wait staff is always very friendly and accommodating, especially with large groups. I have introduced Marcella's to several friends and they all love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We arrived at 8:20 for our 8:30 reservation. We weren't seated until 8:50 and the hostess was not sympathetic to our waiting time. Other than that good service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eat.liketoeatDined on 10/1/2014I couldn't say enough good things about this place. The happy hour was a great deal, and you're able to order and get half off for numerous salads, appetizers, small plates, and drinks (just to name some) for a good price and share around the table with whomever you're dining with. The ambiance was great, both romantic and energetic. The service was exceptional also, honestly one of the best waiters I've ever had & people came around making sure your water glass was full. Then the entree came and it was magnifico. Especially during happy hour, if you're willing to spend a moderate amount of money you can really get your money's worth and order a variety of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always an excellent experienceSmartmugDined on 9/28/2014Marcella's in the Short North is one of those gems that will always make the top of my list for favorite restuarant. The food is divine and the service always on point. In general the atmosphere is great, only drawback is if you are in the back of the restaurant, it can be a bit too loud to hear the people across the table from you. I'll keep coming back anyway and it continues to be my favorite restaurant in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseMomof4VIPDined on 9/27/2014Just in the area for the weekend and decided to try after reading other reviews. We were seated right on time and the meal was delicious. Service was great too. Just very crowded and loud. But we knew that going in, so it didn't bother us. If you want space and/or quiet---not the place. But for a fun atmosphere and great food--this is it.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I came here on our honeymoon and just went back for our one year anniversary. If we didn't live in Cleveland, we would go every weekend. The food is excellent. The staff is accommodating and the location is ideal. We highly recommend Marcella's to anyone travelling through Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMS123Dined on 9/26/2014The food was good but overpriced. My husband's entree would have been called a"small plate" in other restaurants. Ordered a cheese plate as an appetizer. Suffice it to say it is a profitable selection for the restaurant. It arrived without appropriate serving implements so we used our rather dull place setting knives. I expect more for the price and so many other restaurants deliver what you would expect and more. Not Marcella's.Special Features:
- Great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My friend and I came to Marcellas after work for happy hour. We split a liter of sangria and got appetizers. Everything was delicious and the service was great too. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanbanDined on 9/24/2014The food was good. the service was fairly slow. The thing that really bothered me was that I made a reservation and was stuck in the bar. It was apparently "the only thing available". It just really bothered me because if I made a reservation they should have saved a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodatubesDined on 9/23/2014My business colleague and I had dinner here after an all-day conference at The Columbus Convention Center. We shared the bruschetta appetizer. It was THE BEST bruschetta we had ever had. After eating our delicious salads and the scrumptious bruschetta, we were pretty full and therefore could not finish our entrees, which were also good. The next time I will order the bruschetta again because I LOVED it and will order one of the small plates instead of an entrée. Parking was a problem - good thing they have valet parking. In retrospect, we wished we had just walked there from the Hyatt where we were staying. It is within walking distance in good weather only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and DeliciousTacoDined on 9/22/2014The food and staff were exemplary. I was seated immediately even though I was 15 minutes early. It started off slow and quiet but then got crowded and packed with other people so I knew the place was popular enough. Food decently priced and quick to come out while I was chatting with my guest. Meatball and Fettuccine were hands down delicious and I cut through the meatball like it was made out of butter.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014It was a nice experience. My only complaint is that our table was way too close to other tables and luckily I am a small person otherwise, I wouldn't have fit at my seat comfortably!Special Features:
- Good Food, but service SNAFUdodgerDined on 9/20/2014Our reservation was for 7 and we were seated sometime around 7:15. Our server was great. However, there was a technical glitch with the order not going into the kitchen, so we did not receive our food until around 8:45. The manager was very apologetic and replaced the pizza that had arrived much earlier with a new one. No other compensation was given. Additional trips to the parking meters were necessary due to the unexpected delay and one of our party could not return for the birthday cake due to this. The food was good. Also, the manager was nice enough to pick up cake from nearby bakery for the birthday we were celebrating. Finally, the noise level at this restaurant made it very difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food reviewFood4daysDined on 9/20/2014The food was great and the service was great as well! Portion sizes are the perfect size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit noisydiningoutincolumbusDined on 9/19/2014I was on a first date. We were seated at a high top directly across from the bar. The noise level was so loud it was very difficult to carry on a conversation. I don't blame the restaurant for that...it's just the atmosphere of that particular place I'm sure. Perhaps there should be something indicating that it's a "high energy" atmosphere. That might have made a difference on where I went on a first date. All in all, the experience was good, the server was excellent and the food was very good. I would certainly return...just not on a first date! ;-)Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in a long time.NewCityMomDined on 9/19/2014The staff is wonderful. The meatballs are the most incredible things I have ever tasted. They gave new meaning to bruschetta. It was so delicious. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Suberb dinner with small groupLuluDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful time here celebrating a friends' low key last night out on the town before the "I do". We all had delicious meals and were happy! One of the bartenders or maybe he was a manager, but he created some excellent larger shots, mini drinks for us while we were waiting. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone, just be sure to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.