Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris
1319 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcellasitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: 6148446500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday - Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Sunday 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Ho
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Marcella's is available to host your private lunch or dinner event for 20 or more guests. Please contact the General Manager at to begin planning your special event today.
- Private Party Contact: Brett Nordstrom, General Manager 6148446500x
- Special Events: WINE ENTHUSIAST WEDNESDAYS
Receive half off all bottled wines on Wednesday nights.
Start a new Sunday family tradition at Marcella's
Dine with us Sundays and enjoy a Marcella's Chop Salad, Spaghetti & Meatball and a Choice of Chocolate, Pistachio or Honey Vanilla Gelato for only $15.95
Half Price Happy Hour at Marcella's Polaris
Join us for half price happy hour in our bar, cocktail lounge and patio Monday - Friday from 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. Enjoy half off our bar menu and $3 beers, $5 spirits & specialty cocktails, and ½ off select wines.
A word from Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris
Marcella's Italian Kitchen is a bustling, urban burst of Italian flavor and energy. Serving lunch and dinner daily, Marcella's Italian Kitchen will have a lively atmosphere – whether it be for sharing lunch, dinner or a late night snack. The dynamic bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines served by the bottle or quartino. The Italian menu features selections of olives, meats, cheese, hot and cold small plates, as well as a variety of pizzas, pastas and Italian specialties. Marcella's Italian Kitchen brings an authentic Italian cafe to the Polaris Town Center, located across the street from Polaris Fashion Place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (53)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (28)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (15)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- Disappointed with foodFoodFancyDined on 9/13/2014While it was nice to have our group of 8 in the private party room (lower noise level) and our server did a nice job staying connected with our table (though it seemed she was spread out among various large groups), the food was a disappointment. The one dish was barely warm and had to be sent back to be warmed up. My eggplant parmigiana was barely warm and lacked much flavor. The tomato sauce was bland. The wine selection was average at best. I'll think twice before going back.
- Good but loudbel14Dined on 9/13/2014The first thing we noticed when we walked in the door was how loud the restaurant was. It was a Saturday night so it was crowded, but it was a fun, energetic noise. The food was good and we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Gluten freeCarolDined on 9/7/2014Marcellas is my favorite restaurant!! Their gluten free options are excellent. The gluten free pizza is my favorite although the pasta is excellent as well. Also, the gluten free bread is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have been to Marcella's at Polaris a number of times, and we also have been to the short north location a lot, usually for happy hour. The food is always very good, and we like trying the different Italian wines they have. The attitude of the servers is also good, helpful but not overly serious. It is a popular restaurant though, so it is usually loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharpdocDined on 9/4/2014The giant meatballs are quite good, the pasta is meh. The gnocchi is ok, but the sauce is very undistinguished. The service was good, but this is probably going to be my last time at Marcella's.Special Features:
- not as good as normalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I visit Cameron restaurants frequently due to gluten free availability. As always, our food was awesome. We were disappointed in a few things though. One we had to physically move the table as it was so close to the table next to us your backs were touching (neither party was heavy either). Our server was overly fake with kindness and we all found him to be quite obnoxious. Yes you should be kind, but it's obvious when you're trying so hard it's fake. It also took my brother several requests and 15 minutes to get normal stemware for his wine and this was after a snarky comment from our server that the glassware you use "is real stemware". If a guest asks for it, just get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent . Almost my Mom's meatballs and she made the best! Thank youSpecial Features:
- First visit, very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The extensive gluten free menu was amazing. They had gluten free bread that was delicious. Service was good. Wine list could have been a bit better. Patio was very nice. Traffic noise was surprisingly low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplaintGreatDined on 8/24/2014First time there for my family, there was 2 birthdays. Me an Husband really raved about Marcells's. The service was slow, food wasn't that good. I talked to the manager Bennett, an told her. She was nice, but still had to ask for more refills. Some of food was cold, server never told us about Sunday special, we had to ask. They was not crowded at all. My husband had been there before an had great service an food. Our bill was 279.37, plus 55.00 tip..I guess never brag about ant rest.on Sundays. Which we won't. There was 11 of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014always well satisfied with the food, service and dollar value.Special Features:
- Mom's Night OutladyduskDined on 8/22/2014My Suster-in-law and I met for a moms night out. We ate and laughed and talked for a long time. Our server was incredibly gracious and helpful. She was knowledgeable about the wine list and helped us make a great selection. We shared small plates at the table and she made that very easy to order more at intervals and divided our check for us. We had a wonderful time. We had the zucchini (my favorite), arancini, olives, melted pecorino, and a pizza. Yum.Marcella's is one of my favorites and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place to DineLouiseDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Marsella's, and had a terrific experience. Our waiter was attentive, efficient and friendly. He even offered, and took our 30th anniversary photo for us. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodieWannaBeDined on 8/16/2014Everything was great! Have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother with table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Make a reservation, show up on time, get handed a vibrating caller, wait 10 minutes. Don't bother with reservations.Special Features:
- Business LunchNightsOutDined on 8/15/2014Went with five business associates. Great lunch. Panini's were great and reasonable price for business lunch. Table was ready when we arrived. The server was efficient, and accurate. Very pleasant. Noise level was low which made it easy for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrWonderfulVIPDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed the wide variety of menu options and tasty foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent!!!NotsogrumpygourmetDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful authentic Italian food! The veal meatball appetizer is to die for. Very impressed with all of our meals. My only knock would be the risotto, but still a very well put together dish with the chicken and broccolini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarGreatDined on 8/9/2014The bar very noisy. Great top shelf Margritas, didn't ask but wish margeritas was on happy hour. Bartentenders very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Unfortunately, with the exception of M and Molly Woo's, the service at the Cameron Mitchel restaurants has been unfortunate. Marcella's was better than either Cap City locaitions, but she was still very slow while the restaurant was not very busy.Special Features:
- Happy Hour with GirlfriendsDatenightDined on 8/5/2014This is our favorite Happy Hour spot. Like always, the food was delicious and it was a perfect setting. Unfortunately, our waiter was not as attentive as we are used to and was very awkward at times to interact with (ex. ordering drinks, delivering our food, ect) - it will not prevent us from coming back, however it was different than normal.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningDTJRDined on 8/2/2014All starts with a great staff. The Veal Meatball is a must. We are always pleased with Marcella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBuckeyeMike1Dined on 8/2/2014Went to Marcella's for a birthday dinner. The food here is always good. The Melon and Prosciutto appetizer was wonderful. The Veal Meatball melts in your mouth. My dinner was very good. Ravioli Mezzaluna was GREAT. The goat cheese filling was not heavy and the portion was good. The bread was fresh and served promptly with our drink order. The waitress was not very attentive. She stood around for a several minutes in the back while we were trying to pay our bill and get to a movie. She did apologize and we were on our way. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food taste and quality just so sopeeweeDined on 8/1/2014First time visit and heard a lot about this place but to be honest it was just average and for the price you have a lot of much better Italian options out there than this.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. Thank you for a perfect date night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingMking113Dined on 7/28/2014Marcella's is one of our favorite restaurants, so when my daughter wanted to make a reservation for herself and a group of friends for her 16th birthday, I wasn't surprised. Unfortunately, she said their waitress was not attentive and they had to wait a long time for service and for their food. They had to flag down another waitress. I cannot imagine the restaurant being super busy as it was a Monday evening with 8pm reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not awesome for kidstravelinggazerDined on 7/26/2014Found Marcella's in a busy restaurant and retail area via the Open Table app., but it was not above average or excellent for the price. Our service was prompt, but I'm not sure that the server (albeit very kind) was very informed about dishes and recommendations. The lasagna and kids spaghetti were not spectacular, angel hair pomodoro was good...no "fried cheese (mozzarella sticks)" for kids :( Waiter suggested that fried risotto balls were a good substitute...(while adults liked them, the kids did not). Gelato was a nice surprise to the dessert menu!!Special Features:
- A Go-to Favoritelroach65Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing veal meatballs, as well as, other delicious Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a large groupPhilBDined on 7/23/2014I have been here several times in recent weeks; this tome was with a group of eight from work. We were seated promptly and received excellent service. While this is not normally a quiet restaurant, we were seated in a separate room which was quite nice. Definitely recommend asking for this room if you have a group of eight or more. As usual the food was very good and I enjoyed a few bottles go the J Lohr Seven Oaks Cabernet. Overall a very good experience with a group.Special Features:
- FilipinaDivaDined on 7/19/2014Although some dishes were not as what the menu stated, overall,the food was very good. I have been there before and I would definately go there again. There were 8 in our party and all 8 enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceAutoJunkie98Dined on 7/12/2014The good: food came quickly once ordered and was good but not great. Our waitress was pleasant. The bad: They could not find our reservation; gave us a pager telling me the table was almost ready but never paged us until I went back in to check, now 30 minutes after our reservation. All other customers had been seated. Then they thought our rsvp was for 2. They seated us but did not tell the waitress - we waited another 12 minutes before ever seeing anyone. She said the host never informed her. They did not provide us with appetizer plates, I stole them from an empty table next door. I never saw a manager doing rounds making sure everything was ok. I hope the downtown location is better, we will never come back to this location again.
- Great for particular eaters & kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I went with my 5 year old and he absolutely loved the food. I am gluten free and they had SO many options and accommodated all my requests. My parents are vegetarians and they enjoyed their meal also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the meatballAlanArturoDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I love going to Marcellas. It's better than olive garden without being quite as pricey as some Italian restaurants. We've gotten several items, our favorite is the Chicken Parmesan. The Meatball appetizer is pretty great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service. Love itBarbDined on 6/29/2014Sunday afternoon great time to stop in. Service was wonderful, 4:30 is a great time for a quite dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversarycantw8Dined on 6/28/2014This is the perfect place to spend an anniversary. We couldn't have gotten a better evening any place else in Columbus. The service, food and ambience was outstanding and although we will be there many more times through the year, we can't wait until our 38th wedding anniversary. Simply excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!DonatellaDined on 6/28/2014I've been to Marcella's a number of times and it never disappoints! Food is always fabulous and the service is excellent as well. Highly recommend this as a place for an informal Italian dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Food was nothing special one way or the other but our waitress went out of her way to be helpful --- with two small grandchildren in tow!Special Features:
- an intimate placedinernumeroUnoDined on 6/25/2014It was my first time at Marella's but will definitely not be my last. The food was great and the ambiance and decor just as good. I have been in search of a place built with love where great Italian food is served with genuine dedication to one's craft. I feel like I have found that place and I am sure my wife and I will make it a destination for some of our special occasions.Special Features:
- Loud mouth chiefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food was outstanding! The service was excellent! What wasn't good was the loud mouth lead chef who screamed at the preperation chefs the whole entire time!! We were seated 2 tables from the kitchen and he never stopped . Our waitress even apologized for all the screaming we had to listen to our entire meal. Other than that it was wonderful to reserve on line and be seated right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favortie restarauntDrewDined on 6/20/2014You could probably throw a dart at this menu and leave beyond satified, but there are a few dishes I have to get everytime I come. If you do not get the veil meatball and the marg. pizza, you are truly doign yourself a disservice. The Penne al a vodka is amazing as well.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014Celebrating Father's day... food was great. However, we waited almost 20 minutes for someone to approach our table after being seated and that only happened b/c we had to flag someone down. I hope this was just a fluke in service because have dined at both locations before and never had this problem.