Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris
1319 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marcellasitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: (614) 844-6500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday - Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday - Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Sunday 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Ho
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Marcella's is available to host your private lunch or dinner event for 20 or more guests. Please contact the General Manager at to begin planning your special event today.
- Private Party Contact: Brett Nordstrom, General Manager 6148446500x
- Special Events: WINE ENTHUSIAST WEDNESDAYS
Receive half off all bottled wines on Wednesday nights.
Start a new Sunday family tradition at Marcella's
Dine with us Sundays and enjoy a Marcella's Chop Salad, Spaghetti & Meatball and a Choice of Chocolate, Pistachio or Honey Vanilla Gelato for only $15.95
Half Price Happy Hour at Marcella's Polaris
Join us for half price happy hour in our bar, cocktail lounge and patio Monday - Friday from 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. Enjoy half off our bar menu and $3 beers, $5 spirits & specialty cocktails, and ½ off select wines.
A word from Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris
Marcella's Italian Kitchen is a bustling, urban burst of Italian flavor and energy. Serving lunch and dinner daily, Marcella's Italian Kitchen will have a lively atmosphere – whether it be for sharing lunch, dinner or a late night snack. The dynamic bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines served by the bottle or quartino. The Italian menu features selections of olives, meats, cheese, hot and cold small plates, as well as a variety of pizzas, pastas and Italian specialties. Marcella's Italian Kitchen brings an authentic Italian cafe to the Polaris Town Center, located across the street from Polaris Fashion Place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Marcella's Italian Kitchen - Polaris reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (74)special occasion (56)fit for foodies (51)romantic (33)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (27)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love the tomato basil soupJuanDined on 11/26/2014Love the creamy tomato basil soup. Also enjoyed the fettuccine and the meatball!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average, noisy Italian restaurantweederVIPDined on 11/22/2014Restaurant was busy and quite noisy. My husband enjoyed the chic parmesan but my clam linguine was unexpected spicy. Service was friendly and mostly efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Food was good but the service was slow and forgetful!
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014We had great food as a reasonable price, my only suggestion would be that they spend some money insulating the windows. We had a table next to the window and there was a breeze coming int he closed window. Pulling the shades and putting a coat next to the window made it tolerable, but it was still a few degrees cooler than the rest of the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- daygo1963Dined on 11/15/2014Menu is not extensive but focus is on quality. Prices were very reasonable including house wines. It is a very loud dining room so be prepared for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelwithkidsDined on 11/15/2014We had an early dinner with friends. I remember the food was much better years ago. The last two times I have been there, the food was as tasty as Brio or Bravo's.
- The service was excellent & the food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014service outstanding, food excellent, wine list a bit short but overall good. Very busy and energeticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodJsommerfeldDined on 11/7/2014We went to celebrate my husband's birthday and had a great experience. Food and service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014Our "go to" place for small to medium sized groups. Fun atmosphere, good food, good value. We had a party of 10 and the service felt like it was just two of usSpecial Features:
- Good/bad commentsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Food was good with special touches. Wine list very fairly priced for good wine. Noise level was too high for comfortable conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pretty placeLuvaidanDined on 11/1/2014We had a good experience. I really liked the ambiance and the noise level was quiet. However, the chicken was dry in the both chicken dishes that we ordered. They replaced one of them with an eggplant parm and it was good. Also we had 2 adults and 3 teens for 120.00. Prices are very reasonable.
- Pre-game DinnerClayBuckVIPDined on 11/1/2014We love this place. The atmosphere is casual, the food great, the wine excellent, and it's just fun. All that and OSU won!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Our waitress wasn't the most attentive waitress in the restaurant. I never did get a refill on my coffee.Special Features:
- Marcella'sluv2dineout1956Dined on 10/25/2014Have always gone to the Short North previously ... first time at the Polaris location. I like the fact that the space is larger and there wasn't a wait. Went with a friend who had never been to Marcella's and he fell in love with the great food and wine. The service was impeccable. It was a good night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food came quicklyloramcgDined on 10/25/2014Although our food came quickly our server disappeared frequently, after letting her know we had plans, which caused some anxiety and dessert to go on our special birthday dinner. Birthday dessert was charged then we had to wait for that to be corrected. More anxiety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polaris is not downtowncadex980cDined on 10/25/2014After trying to avoid Highball I moved the reservation to the Polaris location but the crowd is definitely different and shockingly so was the restaurant. Same menu but not the same taste, care in prep, or service.
- Awesome Experiencemikeyp66Dined on 10/24/2014My wife and I are always looking for good restaurants. Being new to the area, I believe we have found one. I made a reservation so when we arrived, the table was ready, and we walked right in. A great dining atmosphere, not too loud, but loud enough that I knew others were enjoying themselves. I definitely will return, probably many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad problemChrisDined on 10/19/2014Consistently high quality food here. Try the aranching and the carbonaraSpecial Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Awesome restaurant! Great food and the bartender was so nice and friendly and helpful! Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Awesome ambianceMealtimeDined on 10/6/2014The moment I walked into this restaurant I fell in love with the scene! The staff was very friendly and quick. I ordered an apple salad that was delicious, but the vinegar taste was a bit strong. My main course was the fettuccine and meatball. I must say this was also tasteful and delicious! The serving was more than my tiny stomach could handle so I ended up taking the majority of it home with me. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Italian! --Superb!Special Features:
- sorry600Dined on 10/4/2014Highly disappointed in the food. The entrée was overly cheesy and proper taste was lacking.
- Definitely Worth a TryMehhhVIPDined on 9/29/2014Very good experience, quality staff, solid food, reasonable prices. I will definitely return.
- Awesome restaurantVballaDined on 9/29/2014Tried the shellfish risotto and was very happy with it. Service was fast and our server was very knowledgeable. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening with MomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed dining at Marcella's with my mom while the rest of the family was out for the evening. It's been a few years since I've been there. Boy, have they changed! Food was fantastic. Highly recommend the Melted Pecorino appetizer. Delicious! And the lobster/shrimp risotto, amazing! Service was super friendly and informative. Felt spoiled and enjoyed a lovely evening out on the patio.Special Features:
- GreatDabigguyDined on 9/27/2014The food and the atmoshpere was brilliant....I took my lady to celebrate her birthday and a lot of the staff was saying happy birthday and making the experience that much more special...Will def. go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Having recently moved from the east coast, I have been searching for a "go to" Italian restaurant in the Westerville / Columbus area. I thought the food here was good but not great. The red sauce was acceptable and the chicken cutlet passable. I was disappointed with the zuccini appetizer since it was not what I was expecting. We were told that the portion size was huge but in reality, not so. It was not small either but you could have an appetizer or salad and still finish your meal. There was a limited wind selection if you like pino noir or merlot. I thought that the service was attentive and the place looked nice. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with foodFoodFancyDined on 9/13/2014While it was nice to have our group of 8 in the private party room (lower noise level) and our server did a nice job staying connected with our table (though it seemed she was spread out among various large groups), the food was a disappointment. The one dish was barely warm and had to be sent back to be warmed up. My eggplant parmigiana was barely warm and lacked much flavor. The tomato sauce was bland. The wine selection was average at best. I'll think twice before going back.
- Good but loudbel14Dined on 9/13/2014The first thing we noticed when we walked in the door was how loud the restaurant was. It was a Saturday night so it was crowded, but it was a fun, energetic noise. The food was good and we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Gluten freeCarolDined on 9/7/2014Marcellas is my favorite restaurant!! Their gluten free options are excellent. The gluten free pizza is my favorite although the pasta is excellent as well. Also, the gluten free bread is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have been to Marcella's at Polaris a number of times, and we also have been to the short north location a lot, usually for happy hour. The food is always very good, and we like trying the different Italian wines they have. The attitude of the servers is also good, helpful but not overly serious. It is a popular restaurant though, so it is usually loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharpdocDined on 9/4/2014The giant meatballs are quite good, the pasta is meh. The gnocchi is ok, but the sauce is very undistinguished. The service was good, but this is probably going to be my last time at Marcella's.Special Features:
- not as good as normalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I visit Cameron restaurants frequently due to gluten free availability. As always, our food was awesome. We were disappointed in a few things though. One we had to physically move the table as it was so close to the table next to us your backs were touching (neither party was heavy either). Our server was overly fake with kindness and we all found him to be quite obnoxious. Yes you should be kind, but it's obvious when you're trying so hard it's fake. It also took my brother several requests and 15 minutes to get normal stemware for his wine and this was after a snarky comment from our server that the glassware you use "is real stemware". If a guest asks for it, just get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent . Almost my Mom's meatballs and she made the best! Thank youSpecial Features:
- First visit, very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The extensive gluten free menu was amazing. They had gluten free bread that was delicious. Service was good. Wine list could have been a bit better. Patio was very nice. Traffic noise was surprisingly low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplaintGreatDined on 8/24/2014First time there for my family, there was 2 birthdays. Me an Husband really raved about Marcells's. The service was slow, food wasn't that good. I talked to the manager Bennett, an told her. She was nice, but still had to ask for more refills. Some of food was cold, server never told us about Sunday special, we had to ask. They was not crowded at all. My husband had been there before an had great service an food. Our bill was 279.37, plus 55.00 tip..I guess never brag about ant rest.on Sundays. Which we won't. There was 11 of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014always well satisfied with the food, service and dollar value.Special Features:
- Mom's Night OutladyduskDined on 8/22/2014My Suster-in-law and I met for a moms night out. We ate and laughed and talked for a long time. Our server was incredibly gracious and helpful. She was knowledgeable about the wine list and helped us make a great selection. We shared small plates at the table and she made that very easy to order more at intervals and divided our check for us. We had a wonderful time. We had the zucchini (my favorite), arancini, olives, melted pecorino, and a pizza. Yum.Marcella's is one of my favorites and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place to DineLouiseDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Marsella's, and had a terrific experience. Our waiter was attentive, efficient and friendly. He even offered, and took our 30th anniversary photo for us. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodieWannaBeDined on 8/16/2014Everything was great! Have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother with table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Make a reservation, show up on time, get handed a vibrating caller, wait 10 minutes. Don't bother with reservations.Special Features: