134 Reade Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marcforgione.com/
- Phone: 2129419401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Forgione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room can accommodate up to 40 guests & offers a private entrance.
- Private Party Contact: Brielle 2129419401
A word from Marc Forgione
Marc Forgione features Chef Marc Forgione’s laid-back yet high-style approach to New American cuisine in a comfortable and energetic atmosphere. Menus change frequently to showcase fresh ingredients and new twists on seasonal American favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Marc Forgione - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Marc Forgione reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)special occasion (117)romantic (100)neighborhood gem (92)hot spot (61)notable wine list (53)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (33)great for brunch (28)late-night find (15)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Anniversary eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and I were recommended Marc Forgione's as a great dinning experience for special occasions. We were in the city for our 30 th anniversary. The waiter, Mark, was fantastic. Everything was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the gold standard of a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterSarahDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food with friendly and attentive staff. One thing I wasn't expecting was how dark the restaurant was, which I suppose is a plus if you're self-conscious and don't like people watching you eat :p The halibut was deliciously cooked on its own, but a different kind of delicious when mixed in the sauce it came with. If I could change one thing, it would be to ask for more chocolate items on the dessert menu; though, those 10 minute cookies did an excellent job at satiating my chocolate craving.Special Features:
- Very GoodDigitalBuffaloDined on 8/19/2014We had the tasting course. Service was attentive but at times we could have used fewer interruptions for water refills - refilled every five minutes or so! A couple of hiccups, we asked for the cheese supplement but never got it (and it wasn't on the bill). A cocktail was ordered and by the time they inquired if we had received it, it had been more than 20 minutes so we declined it. The food had some big hits - the cajun oyster, curry chili lobster and the strip steak were all very good, others were fine if not spectacular. Tasting menu for 2 plus about 5 cocktails came to $325 plus tip. I don't fee bad about paying that much but wouldn't necessarily rush back since there are plenty of choices in that price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/17.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Went on a Sunday night for my mothers birthday. She was welcomed at the table with a 'personalized' birthday letter from the chef and a glass of champagne to commemorate. We did the tasting, which was wonderful. Service was always attentive, glasses were always filled, and the explanation of every dish was thorough and relevant. My only complaint was that 2 of the 3 portions of the dry aged strip did not seemed to be butchered properly, as some of the silver skin was still in tact, leaving the meat a little chewy and hard to cut...but such a hiccup was not reason to complain about an otherwise wonderful meal. The kampachi was perfect, and we cant wait to go back to try the a la carte options.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsKika77Dined on 8/16/2014I have eaten here 5 times and I have never, ever, been disappointed. Food and service are Fantasic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!YummyVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place was fantastic. My husband took me here to celebrate my new job and it was such a great atmosphere. It was lively, with a rustic and warm ambience. The food was superb and we could not have been more pleased! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous for a Special OccasionherzlDined on 8/11/2014Dinner at Marc Forgione on a recent warm Saturday evening was my wedding present to one of my closest friends and her new husband. I had noted the special occasion when I made the reservation and I can say that the staff did everything they could to give us a wonderful dining experience. Our party of four sat outside, which was lovely but a little cramped. We were treated to champagne (more than one glass each, mind you) and to an extra dessert on the house. So thoughtful. In between, the service was friendly, relaxed, and attentive, and the food was delicious (shared Chicken Under a Brick was beyond yummy). As we were leaving, our server handed the newlyweds homemade muffins to go. They were delighted and I couldn't be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing6NY2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had this recomendation coming from a friend's friend, and we were really disappointed. Eventhough the ambience and the place was nice, the food was not at all at the level we expected. In fact we could say it was the worst meal we had in 6 days in NY (and for sure not the cheapest one...)
- Another Great ExperienceRichardHVIPDined on 8/10/2014This is the third time I have eaten at MF. We were lucky to get a table outside - the weather was great for dinner outside. The noise level inside was quite energetic, but not crazy loud. We decided to try the chicken on a brick for 2 and were not disappointed. Tender juicy and very tasty along with rabe, Yukon gold potatoes and onions. The sommelier recommended a great wine for our meal. The "amuse bouche" was a nice prelude to our meal. Service was a bit inattentive (not to the detriment of the meal) and was probably due to the apartment fire happening down the street (12 fire trucks). Would definitely recommend. My friend, visiting from out of town, loved the atmosphere and decor!Special Features:
- A solid playerRhinoDined on 8/10/2014The food presentation at Marc Forgione is tasty and quite eye appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceSeymourVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is the 5th time I have been at MF and while I enjoyed it my dining selections were not as outstanding as previous meals here. Innovative and well prepared, for sure but I did not leave the restaurant raving as I did the other times. They served a couple of "unannounced specials" and I found those the best tasting things in the meal. Service is always exemplary. I will go back again and be a bit more careful in my menu selections.Special Features:
- Unbelievably good dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014I took a client out to dinner here on the recommendation from a coworker and had one of the best meals I have had in years! Every bite of food was delicious! I had the Halibut en croute which was so good that I am still thinking about it 2 days later. The unusual preparations make it impossible to describe the meal beside saying it was all perfection! The service was also great which is much appreciated when paying over $30 for an entree. The only minus was the atmosphere - I thought the design of the dining room was boring compared to the complexity of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchTurandotVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great brunch experience and fantastic server. We had the pork sliders, popover egg sandwich, quail and waffles, and pancakes. All fantastic. In particular the sliders and eggs made to perfection. The bottomless hibiscus mimosa was also a nice touch. However, the watermelon-infused vodka drink was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014I've had dinner here before, but thought I'd try brunch with friends visiting from out of town. The prices were surprisingly fantastic - as was the food. Recommend the spicy bloody's as well as the french toast and eggs benny. Quieter atmosphere during brunch - overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- Never Lets Me DownCoreyDined on 8/2/2014Came here for my fiancées birthday. We ordered the Chefs tasting menu, she also ordered the sangria from the cocktails menu. The food was excellent from the first app to the dessert. The service was friendly and fast ( but not in a way that you felt rushed at all). My favorite was the Chili Lobster and her was the Halibut w/eggplant. We both agreed that the dessert was probably one of the best desserts we have ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:
- Terrible experiencebigdVIPDined on 8/2/2014Tried the tasting menu. Not a single dish was good. The time lag between each dish was also ridiculous; about 20 to 30 min leg in between servings.Special Features:
- Fabulous NYC dining experienceRunnergirlDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Marc Forgione several times while in New York. Great for client dinners, romantic dinners, special occasions or just because they have phenomenal food. It is always a food experience that leaves you with a desire to return again and again. I took my daughter for her 18th birthday and she loved all the dishes and different flavors. She is open to trying many types of food but you can be a meat or fish lover with many choices. It is a neighborhood feeling with locals who welcome visitors NYC style in TriBeCa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Decor!Food4thesoulDined on 7/27/2014I loved the decor at Marc Forgione's. The beautiful brick with the lighting was a perfect setting. We went for my husband's birthday and there was a letter from Marc Forgione waiting at the table - wishing him a happy birthday. They also gave us a complimentary glass of champagne; however, I am pregnant, so they made a sparkling non alcoholic drink for me which was very thoughtful and delicious! We ordered the steak for 2 and I had to have it cooked well done (I usually prefer it medium). I was worried that it would be chewy, but it was very good! The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious! I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Sunday evening dinner was wonderful, from the appetizer to dessert to the attentive service, this place blew me away. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing prix fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014We came here with friends and were absolutely blown away by the food. The many courses were both creative and delicious, and the wine pairings were generally good (except for the wine paired with the foie gras course, which was a bit overly sweet for our taste, even with the foie). Our table was just inside the french doors, which were wide open on a perfect summer night. We were not too close to the next table over. They only fell down a bit on service, which was not as attentive as I would have expected. The wine lagged the food on several courses, and our server had a bit of an attitude, which turned me off. But we brushed that off and enjoyed a delicious meal with friends. Overall I'd highly recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic: a great imaginative chefOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014One of the best meals I have ever had. We'll prepared with fabulous presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best restaurant!LovegoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. The food, the wine, and the service were all outstanding. It doesn't get better than Marc Forgione!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming one of our favoritefood4thoughtDined on 7/20/2014We've been to Marc Forgione several times now and it hasn't disappointed us. The food is fantastically unique without being pretentious and the service is very friendly. We would definitely come back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night OutKfdesjDined on 7/15/2014We were one of the last to be seated as we arrived after seeing a show. Still, we felt well taken care of. Excellent wine list, with sound advice from the patient sommelier. Appetizer and entrees lived up to the reputation of Marc Forgione. Cheese plate was a fantastic finish. Oh, and the caramel popcorn take home favor was loved by all-- I especially liked the humorous touch of including a temporary tattoo of Marc Forgione's signature buried in the popcorn like a prize in cracker jacks.Special Features:
- piovan65Dined on 7/15/2014Ottimo ristorante , atmosfera americana 100% ,ci ritorneremoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Best meal that I have EVER had in NYC! I went to a book store the following day and purchased Marc's cookbook! Bravo...Special Features:
- mad props to chef forgionePlannerDiVIPDined on 7/14/2014loved the two bartenders and their creations (especially the watermelon-infused vodka drink with pink pepper), then moved to a table where we had a quirky, knowledgeable and pleasant waitress who helped with our ordering questions. Food was outstanding. don't miss the chicken for two- I'd go back and order it for one so I could savor the leftovers the next day! Tomahawk steak was great- the bone marrow could have used a bit more browning and some toast points, though. Raw tuna appetizer was transformative! Sheep's milk agnolotti could have used a little something- but overall great meal.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014The restaurant is out of the way if you are in mid-town, but the food is worth the trip. Some of the TV chef's restaurants have been disappointing, but this was great. We loved all of our dishes. The lighting is very dim making it hard to read the menu, and the lighting in the rest rooms is almost non existent.Special Features:
- excellent experienceEdPesDined on 7/8/2014You want to eat at the restaurants of celebrity chefs so you can judge their worth. Have eaten at many and this ranks up near the top. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marc Forgione gets it.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014The most basics keys to great food matter at Marc Forgione: seasoning and temperature. Had the tasting,every dish was properly seasoned and cooked. The hot food was hot, the cold station dishes at proper temps. Presentation was beautiful without compromising quality,which is the biggest problem in the food industry today. On top of that all, the food is downright badass. Favorite courses were the kampachi, lobster, ravioli, halibut, foie, BBQ oyster, semifreddo....obviously none of it sucked. Service is equally great. Wine recs are reliable, timing and attention were solid. Friendly, educated staff who know the food. Atmosphere is chic and casual, bar area very social. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everSCKingVIPDined on 7/7/2014The famous chef himself was present and working in the kitchen. He occasionally came out to meet folks. The lobster chili was the most amazing dish ever. Don't miss this amazing place. Best meal ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Downtown Vibe and Good FoodFreserDined on 7/7/2014We were here on a hot evening looking for a light meal. The food here is on the heavy side, but most of its weight comes from the clever use of spices and herbs. The Kampachi tartar is wonderful, but the directions (yes, directions) on how to eat it, turns it into an unnecessarily fussy moment. The salad of mixed baby greens and cooked root vegetables is delicious and perfectly sized. We shared the chicken under a brick dish which was damn close to how it tastes in Italy, just more flavorful. The halibut dish is also quite good.Special Features:
- Food very good, poor service...GomijoDined on 7/6/2014Marc Forgione is a real neighbourhood gem, nice ambiance and the food is always very good (the chicken under a brick is a must) However the service needs clearly improvement. When I go to a place like my MF I do not want to get rushed through the menus not following up with finishing our wine selection for the various courses and ignoring the precise pronounced wishes of the guests. Bottle of Cava (USD 68,-) came to the table leakwarm same for the red wine (which was at least complimentary due to the many shortfalls in service) however again much too warm. Hence overall won't return to this place in the near future...Special Features:
- Great food, a litt priceysswanDined on 7/6/2014The food was absolutely delicious, but the prices were a little outrageous at times- more so on the appetizers where you literally got only a few bites worth of food. We had a fluke sashimi appetizer and a carbonara pasta appetizer that were fantastic. Sea bass and duck entrees were cooked perfectly and delicious. The dessert was the highlight of the night. Not only the best portion size for the price, but the pistachio cheesecake was the best cheesecake we'd ever eaten. We'd go back just for desserts. Servers were friendly (and compulsively folded your napkin whenever you got up to go to the restroom). Was a little darker in the room than I'd like it to be, but a fun ambience.Special Features:
- NYCvisitorDined on 7/5/2014My college student daughter and I dined at Marc Forgione while visiting NYC. Every bite of the tasting menu was AMAZING from start to finish as was the service! All other meals we had on the trip (including ones from fellow Food Network Stars Marc Murphy and Guy Fieri) paled in comparison. Thank you for such a memorable experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousSamUKSaysVIPDined on 7/3/2014The restaurant feels comfortable and rustic. On first sight the menu seems uninspiring but the food... every dish was phenomenal. Highly recommend. -@SamUKSaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodies' Staple!FoodiedotcomDined on 7/2/2014Marc Forgione's is a top 10 for all NYC Foodies. It's my number 1. If there was one on the Upper East Side. I would be there every night! It is simply decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great food experiencetobybeanDined on 7/1/2014We have already been several times to this place, and it's excellent every time. The food is simply amazing, and the pork chop was incredible. All of the servers are really nice, and try to make sure that your whole experience is extraordinary. It is more expensive that other places around, but it's totally worth it. We are looking forward to go againSpecial Features:
- DisapointingDinerDined on 6/30/2014Dined once before service and food was great. This time both were terrible, very disapointing!Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerScottDined on 6/28/2014This was the highlight of our weekend in NYC. If you go, be sure to do the "Experience" with the wine pairing, an eight course dinner that gives you a taste of the majority of the menu. You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.