134 Reade Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marcforgione.com/
- Phone: (212) 941-9401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Forgione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room can accommodate up to 40 guests & offers a private entrance.
- Private Party Contact: Brielle 2129419401
A word from Marc Forgione
Marc Forgione features Chef Marc Forgione’s laid-back yet high-style approach to New American cuisine in a comfortable and energetic atmosphere. Menus change frequently to showcase fresh ingredients and new twists on seasonal American favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Marc Forgione - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Marc Forgione reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (78)hot spot (66)good for groups (50)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (40)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (23)late-night find (17)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- First TimermoderngirlVIPDined on 11/20/2014I have always wanted to go to MF but reservations have to be made way in advance. Finally I was able to get an early reservation and endure the early bird special jokes from my friends. But, I wanted to go. The rez was for 6pm. We got there at about 6:15. I was asked when the rest of my party was going to be there and that we would have to give the table up at 8p. They showed up 5 minutes later. This was not handled well. I was not happy. It was a milestone birthday for me and they knew that. We drink a lot (2 bottles of wine +cocktails for each of the 4 of us) and I was not going to be hurried out at 8p. They begrudgingly told us we could have the table until 8:30p. The front of the house could use some training as to how to handle these situations better. Once we got beyond that unlovely welcome we had an amazing meal in a great place with terrific wine. There were even some lovely touches related to my birthday. I have already made another reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Everything is great except the waiters keep coming to check if we are finish with the food and wanting to take the plates away, when we still have some food left on the plates to finish. It was too frequent, give people more time to talk and eat their food please. Also the waiters are very pushy on wines... We finished our bottle of wine and there are a couple empty glasses, so the waiter came 3 times to ask if we need more wine. If we already said no the first time, it should be obvious that we don't want anymore. If we do, we will let you know ourselves. It's interruptive to our dinner to keep asking if we are done with our food and if we need more wine. Give us enough time and space please. However, the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Delicious!! One of our best dining NYC experiences...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot, Chicken a bit off it's usual high markGetMeOnTopVIPDined on 11/12/2014Highly enjoy this restaurant. Enthusiastic staff combined with excellent food makes this one of the best spots to dine in NYC. My most favorite dish is their outstanding Chicken Under a Brick. I found that this visit it was slightly less amazing than normal. The potatoes normally are crispy but much less so this time. The Chili Lobster with Texas toast is a specialty and was awesome, the Ravioli special, with White (in season) Truffles outstanding. Brought two out of town visitors with me and they both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryGreatDined on 11/10/2014No one makes a happy anniversary dinner better than Marc ForgioneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TeresaDined on 11/9/2014We will definitely eat here again. It was not only dinner and eating it was an experience. We loved the reclaimed wood décor. The presentation of each course was so artistic and creative. Our meals were delicious. We shared appetizers and entrees but had our own desserts. Who knew butternut squash sorbet would be heavenly.Special Features:
- AwesomeScottDined on 11/7/2014Another fantastic experience. Each time the food had been new and great, but the real gem is the service. Incredibly attentive but so personal it amazes us each time.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDennyDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I went here for our Anniversary, we had the tasting menu. The food was outstanding! Only 2 negative comments; the music was very loud rock music out of character for the food and decor, and the wine pairing was just ok. Otherwise Forgiones had some of the best good we ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Marc ForgioneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014Restaurant has a beautiful ambiance, with lots of wood and warm, seasonal decorations. There was a wonderful food aroma upon arrival. We sat at the bar for a few minutes and had a very pleasant time. The food was terrific -- great selection and the flavors couldn't be beat. We'd go back in a heartbeat. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great food, pricey wine!JulieandPaulDined on 10/30/2014We loved the food but would have enjoyed the whole experience more had our server bothered to tell us that the wine he recommended was $25 per glass!Special Features:
- don't hesitate - go here!FoodieOnTheProwlVIPDined on 10/30/2014Was in town for business and made a reservation for 1. Service was excellent - very welcoming atmosphere. Vibrant yet very natural and organic feel to the space. Didn't look at the menu - knew I would do the tasting menu. Have done this at some exceptional restaurants and this one was up there as a favorite. The courses were exquisite - every component was purposeful and delightful to taste. You can tell this is cooking from the soul. Not afraid of being playful with extreme flavors. The beverage pairings wereally also spot on enhancing every bite of each dish. The Chef was there and so nice and honestly humble and and down to earth. If in nyc and you appreciate a great meal, go!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2014I took a friend to this restaurant for our birthdays, which are just one day apart. The staff made it a very special occasion - with bday champagne and a lovely candle presentation even though we didn't order dessert (as he's not a fan of sweets). The service was impeccable and the food worth a second, third or fourth visit. Two standout items: The filet mignon which has a pastrami-style treatment (trust me, it's great), and the chili lobster (a pricey app, but a nice hearty portion and a very tasty spicy sauce). Overall, one of the best dining experiences I've had in a while in NYC.Special Features:
- elvee1027elveeDined on 10/27/2014Lovely place. Love the decor. Food was great... The aroma coming from the kitchen was fantastic! Next time I go I need to find out what the dish was that left me wanting it! I would also like to hang out at the bar too...the bar menu looked great!Special Features:
- Consistently greatdoc1023VIPDined on 10/23/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. Each time the food has been memorable and delicious. Thankfully, there are several items that stay on the menu, such as the chili lobster and halibut. This may be one of our favorite places in the city. It would probably be our favorite place if it was just a little bit less noisySpecial Features:
- Excellent from start to finishMarcBVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent, excellent food, super – attentive service. I am usually very critical, but the experience really passed with flying colors. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDanielVIPDined on 10/17/2014The "chicken under a brick" was quite probably the best chicken I have ever eaten. Everything was wonderful, well worth the cab ride from midtown.Special Features:
- DeliciousJen24Dined on 10/17/2014Went for a birthday and had the tasting menu. Waiter was very good and food excellent. Not only delicious but an experience for the mouth the way items were paired. One small critique is they assume everyone is a couple on how they served some food in a bowl to share instead of your own bowl. Further they'd give an odd number of food items for two ppl. Eg. 5 small pasta noodles instead of 6. We had to cut one on half. Would recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosequartz7VIPDined on 10/16/2014really enjoy dining at this restaurant. Have been several times and find the food to be really consistantly good.Special Features:
- Amazing Array of TastesWendyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great night all around. I loved the rustic and lively atmosphere. The service was top notch. Amazing use of truffles in the main dishes. Favorites included the kampachi and lobster appetizers, and I loved the 10 minute cookies and milk as well as the coconut semifreddo. Can't wait to come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!KarenLeeDined on 10/16/2014The tasting menu that my husband and I has was amazing -- not merely a meal but quite a culinary experience. There were about 8 dishes to sample and although we were hard up pick our favorite, in the end we decided we both liked the tuna carpaccio and the chili lobster the best. And the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific experience overalllJediDined on 10/15/2014Nice contrast of log cabin atmosphere and high end food.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLenka1283Dined on 10/14/2014One of the best meals of my life was at Forgione's. Not a single complaint.Special Features:
- impressedfoodgasmVIPDined on 10/14/2014I have the pleasure of dining with clients and both times I dined here it was very much appreciated by all. I was impressed and appreciated Marc coming to the table to see his guests.The lobster toast was on my mind for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dopeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014one of the best restaurants in America , chili lobster , chicken under a brick , and everything else , youre welcome
- PhenomenalBkFoodDined on 10/13/2014Everything here was top notch starting with the specialty cocktails, which we had at the bar, before heading back to the restaurant area. We ordered the tartare and the caviar topped foie gras (special) as appetizers, and were blown away. I had the black bass for dinner and my friend had the duck...and once again blown away. I don't usually get desserts, but had to since everything thus far was so amazing. Yep...blown away. I'm a big ambience person, and this restaurant is chic and rustic, edgy and charming. Great atmosphere and super inviting staff. There was another iron chef dining at the table next to ours. So cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014You have to really search to find a bottle of wine for less than $90. Many were in the $200-$400 range. This is way too pricy even by New York standardsSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable Brunch4everonvacationDined on 10/12/2014We had a great experience at this restaurant. Bottomless mimosas for $16.00( not your everyday Mimosas, not orange juice sweet or sour, just perfect taste Mimosas) and very tasteful food, the courtesy biscuits are delicious . The service was impeccable what made our Sunday brunch a very especial one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesFoodsnobVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Marc Forgione about six times prior this last occasion and I must say the restaurant gets better every time. The ambiance is cozy and intimate. Service friendly yet attentive. And the food is just simply fantastic. Marc's chicken is the best on earth!!!! The lobster appetizer is divine and the smores dessert fun and delicious. One of the most outstanding, delightful and enjoyable restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- Great decisiongmomonayDined on 10/8/2014We had a great dinner! In New York visiting friends, I chose Forge because Marc is one of my favorite chefs to watch. Our experience was great from start to finish, I called and added another guest to our reservation and it was no problem. Drinks in the lounge, then dinner at a quaint table. Our service was awesome, the whole staff seemed to work as a team, we didn't want for a thing. Great experience, beautiful decor and gorgeous and delicious food. I almost went back the next day for Kampachi and those cookies!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!ilonaDined on 10/8/2014We are neightbors to the Forge and love it. We have been here for both brunch and dinner and both are outstanding. The ambiance is wonderful and the food is very creative.Special Features:
- Another Hit!thewallsDined on 10/6/2014We had another wonderful anniversary dinner! Food was spot on as usual, and our waitress, Ashley made the night so special. We love dining at Marc Forgione and cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Special placeGreatDined on 10/5/2014Napa valley in TriBeca! Just without the airfare and hotel billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindNYCfoodyDined on 10/4/2014Very tasty offerings coupled with exceptional staff - a winning combination. The design of the dining space makes it a noisy albeit happening locale - just know that isn't a quiet getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceVIPDined on 10/2/2014Excellent meal and service. We arrived late as the kitchen was closing (flight problems) and we were treated like regular guests. They kept the kitchen open and the meal was superb! A new favourite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the chickenHungrycat23VIPDined on 10/2/2014I could eat the chicken under a brick every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfocused StaffLiddyVIPDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant has a great menu with well-prepared dishes. There are plenty of staff on for service, but they seem to do a lot of unfocused rushing about. Response time seems unnecessarily slow, with items arriving well after you think they've forgotten about you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My girlfriend and I went her for brunch and the good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much less than expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014Read some mixed reviews, but after our daughter and husband raved about Forgione's; we decided to go there for our 46th anniversary dinner. We found several of the elements of our dishes overly salty. I had the Berkshire pork chop which was tasty, but nothing to write home about. My wife's swordfish was mushy/mealy and overcooked, and lots of the beans served with the dish were hard. In hind sight she should have sent it back, because she was up most the night with an upset stomach that lasted well into the next day. We're thinking now that perhaps the fish was spoiled. I guess what was most memorable about the dinner, was that it was the first time I ever spent over $300 for what I would consider a mediocre meal!Special Features:
- Brunch!!!BinaCVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've gone to Forge for brunch two Sundays in a row now and sat outside both times. It's absolutely lovely, the service is always spot on and the food is fresh and reliable, we'll be back! Dinner is also great too, make a res!Special Features:
- Great Meal Unforgettable Experience2BFrankDined on 9/20/2014Going to the restaurant of an Iron Chef, I expected the food to be amazing (and it was), but what really made the night was the extremely hospitable staff. Claire, our server, really made the whole meal enjoyable from start to finish. Providing us with tasty little extras in-between courses and even rising to my (joke) challenge of finding us one more treat before we paid the bill (delicious mini-muffins). Food just tastes better when there's great service delivering it to you. And Clarie turned what could have just been a memorable meal into an unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.