134 Reade Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marcforgione.com/
- Phone: 2129419401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Forgione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room can accommodate up to 40 guests & offers a private entrance.
- Private Party Contact: Brielle 2129419401
A word from Marc Forgione
Marc Forgione features Chef Marc Forgione’s laid-back yet high-style approach to New American cuisine in a comfortable and energetic atmosphere. Menus change frequently to showcase fresh ingredients and new twists on seasonal American favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Marc Forgione - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Marc Forgione reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)special occasion (104)romantic (91)neighborhood gem (85)hot spot (53)notable wine list (46)vibrant bar scene (40)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (37)great for brunch (26)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)Show More
- Brunch recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My girlfriend and I went her for brunch and the good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much less than expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014Read some mixed reviews, but after our daughter and husband raved about Forgione's; we decided to go there for our 46th anniversary dinner. We found several of the elements of our dishes overly salty. I had the Berkshire pork chop which was tasty, but nothing to write home about. My wife's swordfish was mushy/mealy and overcooked, and lots of the beans served with the dish were hard. In hind sight she should have sent it back, because she was up most the night with an upset stomach that lasted well into the next day. We're thinking now that perhaps the fish was spoiled. I guess what was most memorable about the dinner, was that it was the first time I ever spent over $300 for what I would consider a mediocre meal!Special Features:
- Brunch!!!BinaCVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've gone to Forge for brunch two Sundays in a row now and sat outside both times. It's absolutely lovely, the service is always spot on and the food is fresh and reliable, we'll be back! Dinner is also great too, make a res!Special Features:
- Great Meal Unforgettable Experience2BFrankDined on 9/20/2014Going to the restaurant of an Iron Chef, I expected the food to be amazing (and it was), but what really made the night was the extremely hospitable staff. Claire, our server, really made the whole meal enjoyable from start to finish. Providing us with tasty little extras in-between courses and even rising to my (joke) challenge of finding us one more treat before we paid the bill (delicious mini-muffins). Food just tastes better when there's great service delivering it to you. And Clarie turned what could have just been a memorable meal into an unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal on the planet (twice)Joe3Dined on 9/20/2014I just went back for my second dinner and Marc Forgione did not disappoint. If anything the meal was even better the second time. Such incredible attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousihavenodoubtDined on 9/20/2014Took a friend here for her Birthday and it was amazing. We had the tasting menu with the wine. Great food, wonderful service and best of all, my friend had a very happy birthday due to the kind and professional staff at the restaurant. Going again in a month.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Restaurant has nice atmosphere and interior design. The veal porterhouse was amazing.Special Features:
- thank youbobbyoDined on 9/14/2014always a great experience, start to finish. servers are very knowledgeable. Food is very innovative and delicious.Special Features:
- HenrysmammaDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful meal! We entered the restaurant and were so pleasantly surprised by how spacious it was...for a city spot! The service was excellent the whole meal with a very knowledgable, friendly waitress and an entire group of staff that seemed to work seamlessly together. The food was so interesting and tasty. The duck was out of this world as was the fish! Don't leave without getting some cookies and milk and the mini ice cream cones...all made in house and all AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Chef doesn't disappoint!FiDiLadyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Everything was perfect, from the bartender's recommendations, to the sommelier's friendly approach that was warm and welcoming, to the dishes being split on two plates in the kitchen so we could share everything. The peach shortcake was the best shortcake I have ever eaten. The only regret was not being hungry enough to indulge in the tasting menu. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazinggoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014went here for a special dinner and it did not disappoint! great service, amazing food! overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Delicious as AlwaysMeaxlingVIPDined on 9/8/2014This place never disappoints. The food it terrific, imaginative and local. I love the atmosphere and the wait staff are top notch. I can't say enough good things!Special Features:
- As always, amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014My wife and I have been here 4 times, all for special occasions, and all 4 times the food and the service made them just that - special occasions. Marc Forgione isn't just dining - it's an experience. I highly recommend both the time, and monetary, investment of the tasting menu. It's a 3 hour palate explosion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbamijDined on 9/7/2014Superb wait staff, ambience, food of course. Best restaurant I've ever had the pleasure to patronize. I've been coming into the city to eat here for 4 years. Never ceases to amaze me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Yummy!CliententertainerDined on 9/5/2014Such a great wait staff as well as scene and the food, well the food was so awesome! It was definitely a fun dining experience!Special Features:
- lived up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014We had high expectations for this restaurant and they were met - great food, ambiance, and service. Great to see Marc himself walking around the restaurant too. We went on a Thursday night and it was just a lively as you would expect a restaurant on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary eveningTribeca30Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and I were recommended Marc Forgione's as a great dinning experience for special occasions. We were in the city for our 30 th anniversary. The waiter, Mark, was fantastic. Everything was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the gold standard of a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterSarahDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food with friendly and attentive staff. One thing I wasn't expecting was how dark the restaurant was, which I suppose is a plus if you're self-conscious and don't like people watching you eat :p The halibut was deliciously cooked on its own, but a different kind of delicious when mixed in the sauce it came with. If I could change one thing, it would be to ask for more chocolate items on the dessert menu; though, those 10 minute cookies did an excellent job at satiating my chocolate craving.Special Features:
- Very GoodDigitalBuffaloDined on 8/19/2014We had the tasting course. Service was attentive but at times we could have used fewer interruptions for water refills - refilled every five minutes or so! A couple of hiccups, we asked for the cheese supplement but never got it (and it wasn't on the bill). A cocktail was ordered and by the time they inquired if we had received it, it had been more than 20 minutes so we declined it. The food had some big hits - the cajun oyster, curry chili lobster and the strip steak were all very good, others were fine if not spectacular. Tasting menu for 2 plus about 5 cocktails came to $325 plus tip. I don't fee bad about paying that much but wouldn't necessarily rush back since there are plenty of choices in that price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/17.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Went on a Sunday night for my mothers birthday. She was welcomed at the table with a 'personalized' birthday letter from the chef and a glass of champagne to commemorate. We did the tasting, which was wonderful. Service was always attentive, glasses were always filled, and the explanation of every dish was thorough and relevant. My only complaint was that 2 of the 3 portions of the dry aged strip did not seemed to be butchered properly, as some of the silver skin was still in tact, leaving the meat a little chewy and hard to cut...but such a hiccup was not reason to complain about an otherwise wonderful meal. The kampachi was perfect, and we cant wait to go back to try the a la carte options.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsKika77Dined on 8/16/2014I have eaten here 5 times and I have never, ever, been disappointed. Food and service are Fantasic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!YummyVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place was fantastic. My husband took me here to celebrate my new job and it was such a great atmosphere. It was lively, with a rustic and warm ambience. The food was superb and we could not have been more pleased! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous for a Special OccasionherzlDined on 8/11/2014Dinner at Marc Forgione on a recent warm Saturday evening was my wedding present to one of my closest friends and her new husband. I had noted the special occasion when I made the reservation and I can say that the staff did everything they could to give us a wonderful dining experience. Our party of four sat outside, which was lovely but a little cramped. We were treated to champagne (more than one glass each, mind you) and to an extra dessert on the house. So thoughtful. In between, the service was friendly, relaxed, and attentive, and the food was delicious (shared Chicken Under a Brick was beyond yummy). As we were leaving, our server handed the newlyweds homemade muffins to go. They were delighted and I couldn't be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014Now this a restaurant! Expensive but worth it! App's were amazing and the Chicken under the brick was soooo good! Go during the week to avoid the crowds, nice bar scene as wellSpecial Features:
- Disappointing6NY2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had this recomendation coming from a friend's friend, and we were really disappointed. Eventhough the ambience and the place was nice, the food was not at all at the level we expected. In fact we could say it was the worst meal we had in 6 days in NY (and for sure not the cheapest one...)
- Another Great ExperienceRichardHVIPDined on 8/10/2014This is the third time I have eaten at MF. We were lucky to get a table outside - the weather was great for dinner outside. The noise level inside was quite energetic, but not crazy loud. We decided to try the chicken on a brick for 2 and were not disappointed. Tender juicy and very tasty along with rabe, Yukon gold potatoes and onions. The sommelier recommended a great wine for our meal. The "amuse bouche" was a nice prelude to our meal. Service was a bit inattentive (not to the detriment of the meal) and was probably due to the apartment fire happening down the street (12 fire trucks). Would definitely recommend. My friend, visiting from out of town, loved the atmosphere and decor!Special Features:
- A solid playerRhinoDined on 8/10/2014The food presentation at Marc Forgione is tasty and quite eye appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceSeymourVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is the 5th time I have been at MF and while I enjoyed it my dining selections were not as outstanding as previous meals here. Innovative and well prepared, for sure but I did not leave the restaurant raving as I did the other times. They served a couple of "unannounced specials" and I found those the best tasting things in the meal. Service is always exemplary. I will go back again and be a bit more careful in my menu selections.Special Features:
- Unbelievably good dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014I took a client out to dinner here on the recommendation from a coworker and had one of the best meals I have had in years! Every bite of food was delicious! I had the Halibut en croute which was so good that I am still thinking about it 2 days later. The unusual preparations make it impossible to describe the meal beside saying it was all perfection! The service was also great which is much appreciated when paying over $30 for an entree. The only minus was the atmosphere - I thought the design of the dining room was boring compared to the complexity of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchTurandotVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great brunch experience and fantastic server. We had the pork sliders, popover egg sandwich, quail and waffles, and pancakes. All fantastic. In particular the sliders and eggs made to perfection. The bottomless hibiscus mimosa was also a nice touch. However, the watermelon-infused vodka drink was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014I've had dinner here before, but thought I'd try brunch with friends visiting from out of town. The prices were surprisingly fantastic - as was the food. Recommend the spicy bloody's as well as the french toast and eggs benny. Quieter atmosphere during brunch - overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- Never Lets Me DownCoreyDined on 8/2/2014Came here for my fiancées birthday. We ordered the Chefs tasting menu, she also ordered the sangria from the cocktails menu. The food was excellent from the first app to the dessert. The service was friendly and fast ( but not in a way that you felt rushed at all). My favorite was the Chili Lobster and her was the Halibut w/eggplant. We both agreed that the dessert was probably one of the best desserts we have ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:
- Terrible experiencebigdVIPDined on 8/2/2014Tried the tasting menu. Not a single dish was good. The time lag between each dish was also ridiculous; about 20 to 30 min leg in between servings.Special Features:
- Fabulous NYC dining experienceRunnergirlDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Marc Forgione several times while in New York. Great for client dinners, romantic dinners, special occasions or just because they have phenomenal food. It is always a food experience that leaves you with a desire to return again and again. I took my daughter for her 18th birthday and she loved all the dishes and different flavors. She is open to trying many types of food but you can be a meat or fish lover with many choices. It is a neighborhood feeling with locals who welcome visitors NYC style in TriBeCa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Decor!Food4thesoulDined on 7/27/2014I loved the decor at Marc Forgione's. The beautiful brick with the lighting was a perfect setting. We went for my husband's birthday and there was a letter from Marc Forgione waiting at the table - wishing him a happy birthday. They also gave us a complimentary glass of champagne; however, I am pregnant, so they made a sparkling non alcoholic drink for me which was very thoughtful and delicious! We ordered the steak for 2 and I had to have it cooked well done (I usually prefer it medium). I was worried that it would be chewy, but it was very good! The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious! I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Sunday evening dinner was wonderful, from the appetizer to dessert to the attentive service, this place blew me away. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing prix fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014We came here with friends and were absolutely blown away by the food. The many courses were both creative and delicious, and the wine pairings were generally good (except for the wine paired with the foie gras course, which was a bit overly sweet for our taste, even with the foie). Our table was just inside the french doors, which were wide open on a perfect summer night. We were not too close to the next table over. They only fell down a bit on service, which was not as attentive as I would have expected. The wine lagged the food on several courses, and our server had a bit of an attitude, which turned me off. But we brushed that off and enjoyed a delicious meal with friends. Overall I'd highly recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic: a great imaginative chefOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014One of the best meals I have ever had. We'll prepared with fabulous presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best restaurant!LovegoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. The food, the wine, and the service were all outstanding. It doesn't get better than Marc Forgione!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming one of our favoritefood4thoughtDined on 7/20/2014We've been to Marc Forgione several times now and it hasn't disappointed us. The food is fantastically unique without being pretentious and the service is very friendly. We would definitely come back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.