Marc Charles Steakhouse
94 Business Park Drive
Armonk, NY 10504Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Marc Charles Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marccharlessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9142732700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Mazzarulli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private party room located in Marc Charles Steakhouse for events from 15-50 people. Please call 914-273-2700 for for information. Occasions By Marc Charles - Ballroom & Meeting Facilities www.occasionsbymarccharles.com • Weddings & Rehearsals • Bar & Bat Mitzvahs • Birthdays & Anniversaries • Bridal & Baby Showers • Conference & Meeting facilities • Marc Charles Steakhouse & MC Bar & Lounge on premise • Hotel Accommodations • Convenient to Westchester County Airport and I684 • Facilities also available at our Elmsford location
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire about our VIP room for private dinners from 15-50 people. A warm and elegant dining area with fireplace. Completely private for you and you guests!
- Private Party Contact: Georgietta Viggiani 9142732700
- Special Events: Every 2nd Thursday of the month at M.C. Bar & Lounge is "Girl's Night Out!" Join us 8pm-10pm for buy one get one free beer, wine & martinis, plus a chance to win a special prize with the purchase of each drink!
A word from Marc Charles Steakhouse
Chef Marc Mazzarulli of Opus 465 has opened Marc Charles Steakhouse located on the premise of the La Quinta Hotel in Armonk. In this newly renovated space, Mazzarulli, focuses on quality cuts of beef, chops and seafood. Here patrons can customize their steaks with a variety of ‘accents’, ‘accessories’ and sides. The location is also home to M.C. Bar & Lounge which offers a more casual dining menu and Occasions by Marc Charles, an extensive banquet and meeting facility.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marc Charles Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014stopped in for a burger at the bar. Tuna burger was good, burger was excellent. Both were cooked perfectly as requested. Both steak fries and sweet potato fries were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicefrankycoinDined on 7/26/2014food was great! service was very very bad. there was only one other table other than ours so not much going on in the dining room or bar area.Special Features:
- NiceTrufflesDined on 6/23/2014this was for my boyfriends birthday and loved that we sat near the fireplace. Very nice cozy atmosphere and we loved the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatRBAV910Dined on 6/6/2014For a casual dinner, go to the bar side. Restaurant highly over priced for what it was...food was just okay. Bartender was really nice. My recommendation is to stick with the bar.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Marc Charles Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/7/2014The rib eye steaks were delicious and cook a perfect med rare. But the bread, when it finally came, was dry. The waitress disappeared after our meal was served. After waiting 20 min for the check we had to ask the bar tender for it. He brought it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff left some to be desired...Natalie7Dined on 3/21/2014The restaurant was quiet and dark... cozy and romantic (for the first 15 minutes). We were close to the curtain that separated the restaurant from the bar... we could LOUDLY hear the manager and wait staff arguing and there was a family in the bar with a BABY that loved to sing / scream. It was so loud that we almost left. The servers were not attentive, actually for a lot of the evening they were non existent. The food was very good. Skip the desert, it is no larger then a half dollar and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Always a good mealFoodieDined on 3/20/2014I came here with my son and we both decided to order aka cart opposed to the restaurant week menu which was a little lack luster. The staff is all very young but they were very knowledgable when we asked questions about the menu and wines and several wait staff and the manager came over to check on us. We certainly had good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and foodPartyof3Dined on 3/17/2014Service was very slow even though they only had two tables besides us. Soup was ok, desert was alright, steak was just awful. First time it came out chard, dry and cold, not even warm - cold. We sent it back and got one that was just as chard but at least warm. Never had worse steak in my life. To be fair three other times we dined there food was better.
- The food was excellent! TheFinallydiningDined on 3/14/2014The food was excellent! The steak was one of the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentmrh1569Dined on 3/13/2014We make it to Marc Charles 2-3x a year and the food and service are consistently excellent. We had requested a seat by the fireplace (my favorite spot) though open table and the staff was able to honor that request. I had the Porterhouse pork chop and my wife and son had steaks. The food was cooked perfectly and the staff terrific. Try the home-made Sambuca, a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fireside tableFoodieDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I loved our fireside table. The food was extraordinary and our server and other waitstaff were knowledgable and friendly. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - FantasticDrJohnVIPDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant is expensive but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Steak HouseTonyLDined on 2/14/2014Great to have a good steak house in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- empty steakhouseMerriVIPDined on 1/10/2014Marc Charles food and service was excellent as Zagat said. On my 8pm Friday night visit there was not another soul in the restaurant or bar beyond our party of 3. We had run of the restaurant and the best table in front of the fireplace. Great for private quiet excellent meal but not for social scene. My guess is this is a business crowd dinner spot during the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food12345Dined on 12/31/2013The food was not good at all and the service was mediocre at best. Don't think I'll be going back here
- The food at Marc Charles isleftyDined on 11/16/2013The food at Marc Charles is outstanding. It is a steakhouse of course and I expected that the Restaurant Week menu would be less than stellar, as the regular pricing is quite high. But we were pleasantly surprised at not only the RW choices, which were perfect, but the quality. The wine list was fine, and the service was too. If I have only one complaint it is the location. The restaurant is located in a drab hotel, reached from the rear of a parking lot, facing a highway. However, once you enter the restaurant, you forget the location. It is decorated quite nicely, and after all, the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysDrJohnVIPDined on 11/16/2013We went here for restaurant week. Several of our favorites were on the restaurant week menu which made things even better. Always great. Food and service were up to MC's high standards. We have been coming to MC since it opened nd it is always the gem of our dining out. We come here 4-5 times a year.lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice local spotJMD1VIPDined on 11/15/2013Marc Charles has been around for 5 years and never went because it was located in a very "moderate" hotel in a local business park. My husband and I had a short window for our Anniversary dinner and tried it out. Excellent food and a table near the fire place made for a lovely evening. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food at Marc CharlesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013The food was very good at Marc Charles, but the place is a bit dowdy and outdated looking. Looks like a mid-priced hotel restaurant, but the food was better than that. They should update a bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DealJoeyCDined on 11/12/2013We went for the Restaurnat Week special...the Sirloin and the Salmon were both excellant. Great dinners for the price and portions just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the hotel fool you!TheaterGoerDined on 11/11/2013When you hear that the restaurant is inside the "La Quinta", the initial reaction is disappointment. Don't let that deter you from trying some of the best steaks in Westchester county. The charming restaurant has a roaring fire, and is comfortably separated from the bar scene. Expect a leisurely dinner - they don't rush you. GREAT BUY during restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anybody home?tripledguyDined on 11/9/2013I was not disappointed by the food. The soup and salads were fabulous, the NY strip and the salmon my wife had were outstanding along with the deserts. As great as the food was, the service left much to be desired. Had a reservation but waited what felt like forever at the front desk to check in. No one came, walked into the bar,no one behind the bar, walked into the dining room and finally chased down a waiter who was a little flustered that he had to leave his four tables to help me! 25 minutes after arrival we sat down and waited again forever to get a drink ordered and a menu. We will go back because the food was excellent and hopefully the service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2013Appetizer & main were very good as usual. Dessert almost inedible. The really bad part was the service which was virtually nonexistent. No hostess at front & it took 20 min before anyone came to seat us. The banquette area was lit up as if we were under interrogation. 15 min for someone to offer us water. +5 min for a drink order & +15 min for dinner order to be placed. Food arrived, too hungry to complain that I ordered pork with hot, not sweet peppers. Wait staff very young and undertrained. I used to rave about the servers, but not tonight. I’ve been here many times and while this was a pretty busy Sat night during restaurant week, it was not an overwhelming crowd. I hope they do a better job in the future. Also, please dim the lights!
- Great Food even though it was RestaRedfrizDined on 11/9/2013Food even off of the restaurant week menuewas outstanding-however maybe because it was restauant week, there were not enough servers in the dining room so service was extremely slow. It is a lovely place with outstanding food and I always love to go. Best bets, the porterhouse, creamed spinach and frizzled onions!Special Features:
- Staff needs trainingluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 11/9/2013Arrived at the restaurant and the hostess told her assistant to seat us at table 30. When we got inside, although we were a party of 3 we were taken to a table for 6. When I pointed this out, we were moved to a table for 4. After we were seated....he came back and told us to move to yet another table, this time for 3. When we asked if we could stay at the table for 4, he said OK...but then the wait staff came over and started removing settings and chairs! After that....the food was just OK.
- Steaks were delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/29/2013Steaks were delicious but it was a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AlwaysDrJohnVIPDined on 10/26/2013Our favorite. This is a restaurant where the greatest difficulty is deciding what to order from the menu. Everything is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marc Charles SteakhouseepaneDined on 10/9/2013Went to celebrate our son's birthday with his family. Great steaks and the porkchop was outstanding!!! Service was impeccable. Nice wine list also. Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have a good meal here --PhillyVIPDined on 9/6/2013We have been going to Marc Charles Steakhouse for the last 5 years for special occasions and have never had a poor meal -- the food is very good and the service is always excellent. No criticism at all. The potatoes au gratin are the best i have ever tasted and their porterhouse steak for two is also excellent. The only negative is that every time we have dined there, we are usually one of the only tables occupied. I would say because it is a bit pricey. Everything is a la carte so it can get expensive especially when we take our family which adds another 3 to the cost. But all in all, the food has always been very good and again the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each of us enjoyed our meals.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012Each of us enjoyed our meals. Would return without hesitation.Special Features:
- Highly disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2011Highly disappointed with the quality of the food. Porterhouse for 2 came out over cooked. Do hold yourself out to be a steakhouse if you cannot properly cook steak. Atmosphere left much to be desired. Would not go back.
- Not worth it...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/11/2010Service was excellent but I was very dissappointed with the food.
- The food was good, but theDFH19VIPDined on 6/19/2010The food was good, but the air temp was too cold. We mentioned it to our waiter, but it only got chillier! It's hard to enjoy a meal when you're uncomfortably cold.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/28/2010The food was excellent and the service was very good. I would recommend this restaurant and return. Just look past the fact it is in a hotel and it is a great find.Special Features:
- How can the best steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/24/2009How can the best steakhouse in NY be attached to La Quinta Inn. Amazing food, completely overcomes the disconnect on locationSpecial Features:
- This quality NY style steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2008This quality NY style steakhouse fills the void in Northern Westchester..Special Features:
- this restaurant has been hereJettyboDined on 11/1/2008this restaurant has been here for a short time and we finally decided to try it. we don't usually like restaurants that are connected to hotels - but i must say we that we totally enjoyed our dinner. there were six of us, and no one had a bad meal - which is amazing for that group!! the steaks and chops were cooked to perfection. the restaurant itself is spacious and you are not right on top of your neighboring table. like all steak houses the side dishes are way too big for one person (or two). we will being going back for dinner real soon, for sure.Special Features:
- Marc Charles served up whatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008Marc Charles served up what I consider to be one of the best steaks I have ever had. The 18-ounce "Cowboy" ribeye is served bone-in with a choice of finishes. I went with a cajun rub. The texture and flavor was simply outstanding. The house steak sauce is a bit sweet, but it offset the smokey spice offered by the cajun rub. Unfortunately, the Marc Charles salad, comprised mainly of arugula greens, was a bit dry and quite bitter. The lyonnaise potatoes and creamed spinach were fine, but not up to par with the steak (or the price!) Even our desserts were anti-climatic. Our waiter seemed quite green, stumbling through the specials, then vanished for 20 minutes when we were ready for the check. Keep an eye on this diamond in the rough.Special Features:
- A disaster in every way andRobAndJeanneVIPDined on 8/29/2008A disaster in every way and it the worst possible location. Skip it.
- We were the first OpenTableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2008We were the first OpenTable reservations for Marc Charles and we were absolutely delighted!!! The host, Michael Mazzella welcomed us immediately and described the offerings with mouth watering passion! He and his staff were equally accomodating and made us feel at home. We started with Mozzerella Caprese which uniquely was prepared with grated cheese and sun dried tomatoes for the crust, served with slivers of red onion and cherry tomatoes. The crabcake was outstanding, 97% crab! We shared a porterhouse, done perfectly however could have used a touch more seasoning prior to grilling. Also a huge lobster tail which melted in your mouth. We finished with a decadent "Chocolate Explosion"....yum! We can't wait to return with our friends.Special Features: